PDA

View Full Version : Game times announced for 9-26; Duke-GT at Noon

CameronBornAndBred
09-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Sat 26th has been announced. There are a flood of early games. (Including ours.)

Friday, Sept. 25
Boise State at Virginia, ESPN, 8 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 26
LSU at Syracuse, ABC or ESPN*, Noon
Georgia Tech at Duke, ESPN2 or ESPNU*, Noon
Delaware at North Carolina, RSN, 12:30 p.m.
Indiana at Wake Forest, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.
Northern Illinois at Boston College, ESPN3, 1 p.m.
Samford at Louisville, ESPN3, 6 p.m.
NC State at South Alabama, will be announced at 4 p.m. today by the Sun Belt Conference
Virginia Tech at East Carolina, 6-Day hold by the American Athletic Conference; Will be announced by no later than Sunday, Sept. 20.

*Networks to be determined after the games of Sept. 19
All times are Eastern.
http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-game-times-tv-for-sept-25-26-09-14-2015

jimsumner
09-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Friday, Sept. 25

Saturday, Sept. 26

NC State at South Alabama Will be announced at 4 p.m. (ET) by the Sun Belt Conference

Virginia Tech at East Carolina, 6-Day hold by the American Athletic Conference

(Will be announced by no later than Sunday, Sept. 17).

devildeac
09-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Sat 26th has been announced. There are a flood of early games. (Including ours.)

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-game-times-tv-for-sept-25-26-09-14-2015

Git yer baked French Toast casserole and egg strata ready early:o.

Gives us the evening for date night;).

devildeac
09-14-2015, 12:00 PM
Looks like CB&B beat Jim to it by micro-seconds. I smell a thread merge...

arnie
09-14-2015, 12:01 PM
Friday, Sept. 25

Saturday, Sept. 26

NC State at South Alabama Will be announced at 4 p.m. (ET) by the Sun Belt Conference

Virginia Tech at East Carolina, 6-Day hold by the American Athletic Conference

(Will be announced by no later than Sunday, Sept. 17).
Since both Tech and Duke will be ranked; would have thought the ESPN game may have been late afternoon or night. Guess they'd rather show another UVA loss.

Bob Green
09-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Guess they'd rather show another UVA loss.

Virginia plays Friday night.

CameronBornAndBred
09-14-2015, 12:52 PM
By 1:05, five teams will have kicked off. That's nuts. No 3-3:30 game. Also nuts. Not a very good distribution for ACC...I like to watch teams play throughout the day; it would seem to make more sense for TV revenue, too.

Olympic Fan
09-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Virginia plays Friday night.

Yeah, the Virginia-Boise game was set long ago ... the gametime was a bit flexible -- I've seen Thursday/Friday night starts from 7:30 top 8:30 -- but the national exposure on Friday night was set last spring.

Of the Saturday games, I would prefer to haven a 3:30 ABC or 7 p.m. ABC/ESPN slot -- but nobody in the ACC got one of those.

I think our game with Georgia Tech got the second-best slot of any ACC game.

The noon LSU-Syracuse slot gets a bit more exposure (especially if its picked up by ABC). That's a function of LSU's attractiveness to TV -- we see the same thing in basketball when Duke plays a weak opponent and gets picked up for a major national slot. The game will be a mismatch -- Syracuse is not much better than last year's 3-9 team (the 'Cuse might be 2-0, but only because they beat a FCS team that was 1-11 a year ago and a Wake team that last year's Syracuse team pounded 30-7 in Winston-Salem).

Since they are using the six-day hold to determine the network for Duke-Georgia Tech, I would have thought they might hold off until Sunday before determining the time slot. If Tech wins at Notre Dame Saturday and Duke beats Northwestern, the Duke-Georgia Tech game will be one of the most significant games in college football next week. If either (or both) loses this Saturday, the game still has major significance in the ACC -- the winner will be the frontrunner for the Coastal title -- but far less national impact.

duke blue brewcrew
09-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Since both Tech and Duke will be ranked; would have thought the ESPN game may have been late afternoon or night. Guess they'd rather show another UVA loss.

With so many teams getting votes still in-front of Duke, I find it difficult to say conclusively that the Blue Devils will be ranked should they beat a #23 ranked Northwestern team in Durham. Especially in the AP where Duke currently has 1 lowly vote.

...I think our game with Georgia Tech got the second-best slot of any ACC game...

Since they are using the six-day hold to determine the network for Duke-Georgia Tech, I would have thought they might hold off until Sunday before determining the time slot. If Tech wins at Notre Dame Saturday and Duke beats Northwestern, the Duke-Georgia Tech game will be one of the most significant games in college football next week. If either (or both) loses this Saturday, the game still has major significance in the ACC -- the winner will be the frontrunner for the Coastal title -- but far less national impact.

Maybe - One of the frontrunners - is more accurate here? Miami has an interesting but winnable game at home against Nebraska. Pitt is on the road @ Iowa - also a winnable game in Week 3. Both teams are tied with Duke and Ga Tech heading into this weekend at 2-0.

Olympic Fan
09-14-2015, 02:37 PM
With so many teams getting votes still in-front of Duke, I find it difficult to say conclusively that the Blue Devils will be ranked should they beat a #23 ranked Northwestern team in Durham. Especially in the AP where Duke currently has 1 lowly vote.

Maybe - One of the frontrunners - is more accurate here? Miami has an interesting but winnable game at home against Nebraska. Pitt is on the road @ Iowa - also a winnable game in Week 3. Both teams are tied with Duke and Ga Tech heading into this weekend at 2-0.

Those 2-0 records mean nothing. Neither do those games with Iowa and Nebraska -- those are all non-conference games. I think that since Duke and Georgia Tech have produced the last two Coastal Division champs (and have both finished second in the other year), it's fair to say that the winner of the early matchup is the frontrunner in the division.*

I agree with you about the top 25 ... Duke is very unlikely to crack the AP 25 with a win over Northwestern. There's a little more chance in the coaches' poll (we're currently 31st in the voting), but even that would depend on how a bunch of other teams do.

*The really interesting factoid is that the LOSER of the last two Duke-Georgia Tech games has won the Coastal title, while the winner has finished second.

arnie
09-14-2015, 03:43 PM
I agree with you about the top 25 ... Duke is very unlikely to crack the AP 25 with a win over Northwestern. There's a little more chance in the coaches' poll (we're currently 31st in the voting), but even that would depend on how a bunch of other teams do..

The 42-0 victory I'm projecting should do it.

BigWayne
09-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Those 2-0 records mean nothing. Neither do those games with Iowa and Nebraska -- those are all non-conference games. I think that since Duke and Georgia Tech have produced the last two Coastal Division champs (and have both finished second in the other year), it's fair to say that the winner of the early matchup is the frontrunner in the division.*

I agree with you about the top 25 ... Duke is very unlikely to crack the AP 25 with a win over Northwestern. There's a little more chance in the coaches' poll (we're currently 31st in the voting), but even that would depend on how a bunch of other teams do.

*The really interesting factoid is that the LOSER of the last two Duke-Georgia Tech games has won the Coastal title, while the winner has finished second.

Also, after the Duke-GT game, there will be one team in the Coastal with 1-0 record and one with 0-1 and 5 teams at 0-0.

awhom111
09-14-2015, 09:49 PM
Yeah, the Virginia-Boise game was set long ago ... the gametime was a bit flexible -- I've seen Thursday/Friday night starts from 7:30 top 8:30 -- but the national exposure on Friday night was set last spring.

Of the Saturday games, I would prefer to haven a 3:30 ABC or 7 p.m. ABC/ESPN slot -- but nobody in the ACC got one of those.

I think our game with Georgia Tech got the second-best slot of any ACC game.

The noon LSU-Syracuse slot gets a bit more exposure (especially if its picked up by ABC). That's a function of LSU's attractiveness to TV -- we see the same thing in basketball when Duke plays a weak opponent and gets picked up for a major national slot. The game will be a mismatch -- Syracuse is not much better than last year's 3-9 team (the 'Cuse might be 2-0, but only because they beat a FCS team that was 1-11 a year ago and a Wake team that last year's Syracuse team pounded 30-7 in Winston-Salem).

Network announcements do not count as six day holds, just if they avoid timeslot difficulties. Obviously this was not important enough for them to use one of their limited six day holds.

That the conference's second "best" Saturday game could be a noon ESPNU game makes me wonder about our original conference negotiating strategy. Obviously we were always going to go with ESPN over FOX, but it would have been nice to try to get some assurances, like at least one primetime game a Saturday or something instead of letting ESPN slot three SEC games into nearly every week at 7:00pm.

For reference, the game we are competing with for ESPN2 is Central Florida at South Carolina.

duke blue brewcrew
09-14-2015, 10:03 PM

So now I have to ask, which way are you rooting in two Saturdays from now? :)

OldPhiKap
09-14-2015, 10:09 PM

Rooting to win, then break the streak. ;-)

devildeac
09-14-2015, 10:31 PM

And rooting for unc to lose, even if they have a bye week (I haven't checked the schedule, nor do I care who/when/if/where they play).

duke blue brewcrew
09-14-2015, 10:42 PM

And rooting for unc to lose, even if they have a bye week (I haven't checked the schedule, nor do I care who/when/if/where they play).

Sadly, I am unable to spork either one of you and am being encouraged to share the love elsewhere. For the record, I agree 110% with both of you and thanks for the good laugh in the process

Olympic Fan
09-15-2015, 12:39 AM

UNC is playing Delaware on the 19th ... interesting schedule in that they have good non-conference games with South Carolina and Illinois, but also play two FCS teams (NC A&T and Delaware). If they finish 6-6, they will not be bowl eligible. Just for the record, both of Fedora's last two UNC teams finished the regular season 6-6.

As for the Duke-Tech game, I'll be pulling for a Duke win. I think the "tradition" of the Duke-Tech loser winning the division is a good example of "small sample size theater" -- just two seasons doesn't make a reliable trend.

But if by chance Duke does lose to the Jackets, I'll be pulling hard for that two-year trend to stretch to three years!

gep
09-15-2015, 12:57 AM

After all... Third time's the charm :cool: FOR DUKE... GO DUKE!!!

BigWayne
09-15-2015, 03:38 AM
UNC is playing Delaware on the 19th ... interesting schedule in that they have good non-conference games with South Carolina and Illinois, but also play two FCS teams (NC A&T and Delaware). If they finish 6-6, they will not be bowl eligible. Just for the record, both of Fedora's last two UNC teams finished the regular season 6-6.

I'm rooting for Delaware to pull the upset so we get to see Fedora explain how it doesn't actually hurt their bowl chances since they couldn't count 2 FCS wins anyway.

Atldukie79
09-15-2015, 08:46 AM

As for the Duke-Tech game, I'll be pulling for a Duke win. I think the "tradition" of the Duke-Tech loser winning the division is a good example of "small sample size theater" -- just two seasons doesn't make a reliable trend.

But if by chance Duke does lose to the Jackets, I'll be pulling hard for that two-year trend to stretch to three years!

Given Ga Tech's crossover matchups with FSU and Clemson, while Duke plays Wake and BC, I would say that the streak may well continue with a Duke loss, but is highly unlikely with a Tech loss.

awhom111
09-20-2015, 10:37 AM
Espn2

Olympic Fan
09-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Espn2

Wow, that's a surprise. I thought with both teams losing, we'd be relegated to the U (which actually reaches less homes than the ACC Network we were on last week).

BigWayne
09-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Wow, that's a surprise. I thought with both teams losing, we'd be relegated to the U (which actually reaches less homes than the ACC Network we were on last week).

It was a two horse race with UCF at South Carolina. SC got crushed by Georgia and UCF lost to FCS Furman at home to get to 0-3. Our game with GT looks like the Super Bowl compared to that matchup.

devildeac
09-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Bring your ponchos and waterproof gear. 70% chance of rain (down from 80%:rolleyes:) and high of 74 on the Weather Channel extended forecast. There was a similar forecast for the NCCU game and a few drops fell 2-3 hours before KO so I'll take that "mistake" again.