PDA

View Full Version : Duke-NCCU game sold out

jimsumner
09-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Portions of Duke press release

" Duke University Athletic Ticket Office officials announced on Friday that ticket distribution for Saturday’s Bull City Gridiron Classic against N.C. Central has been terminated after reaching the seating capacity for Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium.

Duke employees who pre-registered may obtain their tickets beginning at 3 p.m. on Saturday at the Duke Employee Appreciation Day tent in Krzyzewskiville located just northeast of Cameron Indoor Stadium. General public patrons with pre-existing orders may secure their tickets at the Duke Athletic Ticket Office in the south lobby of Cameron Indoor Stadium until 5 p.m. today or beginning at 3 p.m. on Saturday.

Saturday’s announced attendance of 33,941 will be Duke’s first capacity crowd for the Classic between the Blue Devils and Eagles, bettering the previous high of 26,390 in 2009. The Blue Devils will reach 30,000-plus spectators at a home game for the 19th time in 48 home games under head coach David Cutcliffe. In the 47 home games prior to Cutcliffe’s arrival, Duke logged just four crowds of 30,000-plus fans."

Yes folks, you may actually experience traffic jams going to a Duke football game. Plan accordingly.

AustinDevil
09-11-2015, 10:35 PM
Saw it in an Iron Dukes email too. Fantastic to see a sellout for the home opener against an FCS (albeit local) opponent!

NYBri
09-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Wish I was there. I'll certainly be watching from NY.

Marc81
09-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Have two extra tickets if anyone wants to purchase them off me I'll be at the game. Face value $35.

CDu
09-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Saw it in an Iron Dukes email too. Fantastic to see a sellout for the home opener against an FCS (albeit local) opponent!

That is largely inflated by it being employee appreciation day (meaning free tickets for Duke employees). This game is always pretty full. But still, it is always cool to see the stadium full.

Kimist
09-12-2015, 11:58 AM
That is largely inflated by it being employee appreciation day (meaning free tickets for Duke employees). This game is always pretty full. But still, it is always cool to see the stadium full.

Agree.

While it is laudable that WW is "sold out," trust me there will be MANY available tickets at the gate. Many of those will be the free employee tickets that some enterprising folks are hoping to turn a profit on.

My guess is $10 & patience will get you into the stadium. (Look for the bicycles. ;))

FE

jimsumner
09-12-2015, 12:30 PM

Sure. But I've been at a lot of Employee Appreciation Days when the announced attendance, aka, tickets distributed, was in the mid-20,000 range.

budwom
09-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Can a game be listed as "given out?"

CDu
09-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Sure. But I've been at a lot of Employee Appreciation Days when the announced attendance, aka, tickets distributed, was in the mid-20,000 range.

Oh no doubt. Just saying that the last few years has seen this game fairly packed only to see subsequent games empty. This game attendance is always artificially inflated, that's all. It does sound like attendance imay be up a bit from prior years, but I suspect not wildly so.

Acymetric
09-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Read something like 25,000 employee tickets were requested...

CDu
09-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Not quite a full stadium, as large sections of the opposing side (likely fans of other teams who bought season tickets) and General Admissions were empty. But still a really strong crowd. We had to leave at halftime to get the baby home, but at least we saw a comfy lead before we left! It is nice to not be sweating the outcome against theoretically inferior opponents. That is a good sign of program growth.