RB Jela Duncan (upper body)

DE Taariq Shabazz (leg)

OUT FOR SEASON

LB Kelby Brown (leg)

CB Bryon Fields (leg)

DT Zach Morris (leg)

Olympic Fan
09-10-2015, 07:32 PM
I hate to say this, but I don't trust this list.

The ACC mandates the Thursday injury lists and mandates guidelines, but I think they only apply before ACC games. I know several ACC teams don't issue injury lists before non-conference games. I suspect that Duke is issuing only a bare-b9ones list of players certain to be out.

I base my skepticism on what we know about last week. As Jim notes, it was exactly the same injury list as this one.

But ...

We have since learned that while senior OG Cody Robinson was in uniform and available in an emergency, he was not expected to play at Tulane.

He should have been listed as questionable or doubtful. And Cutcliffe revealed Tuesday that sophomore CB Zach Muniz is back in the rotation after suffering an injury. Not sure if he was in the same situation as Robinson, but he was either out, questionable or doubtful for the Tulane game.

Neither played in New Orleans. Neither did Ajeigbe, who was also coming off an injury.

I suspect that there is a bit more to this injury list than the five names included on it.

jimsumner
09-10-2015, 09:12 PM

The ACC mandates the Thursday injury lists and mandates guidelines, but I think they only apply before ACC games. I know several ACC teams don't issue injury lists before non-conference games. I suspect that Duke is issuing only a bare-b9ones list of players certain to be out.

I base my skepticism on what we know about last week. As Jim notes, it was exactly the same injury list as this one.

But ...

We have since learned that while senior OG Cody Robinson was in uniform and available in an emergency, he was not expected to play at Tulane.

He should have been listed as questionable or doubtful. And Cutcliffe revealed Tuesday that sophomore CB Zach Muniz is back in the rotation after suffering an injury. Not sure if he was in the same situation as Robinson, but he was either out, questionable or doubtful for the Tulane game.

Neither played in New Orleans. Neither did Ajeigbe, who was also coming off an injury.

I suspect that there is a bit more to this injury list than the five names included on it.

You may be right. The list came out pretty late in the day, around six. It's usually out Noonish or so.

Curious for sure.

duke blue brewcrew
09-11-2015, 09:47 AM

But ...

Even if there are a few more names that SHOULD be on the list that aren't, I'll take this short list and hope it continues. Duke has been KILLED with injuries, and I for one am ready to see them be completely healthy before the meat of the schedule hits.

Bob Green
09-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Duke has been KILLED with injuries...

The injuries were fairly light last season with the obvious exception of Kelby Brown and Braxton Deaver being lost for the year.

budwom
09-11-2015, 03:07 PM
I've not found our recent year injury reports to be very forthcoming at all. This isn't the first time by any means.

OldPhiKap
09-11-2015, 03:13 PM
I see that Willis Reed is listed as "out," but I smell something fishy . . . .

I think in these early games, there is a pool of folks who are banged up and not expected to play but who could get out there if needed. My guess is that is where the grey area is.

Olympic Fan
09-11-2015, 06:12 PM
I see that Willis Reed is listed as "out," but I smell something fishy . . . .

I think in these early games, there is a pool of folks who are banged up and not expected to play but who could get out there if needed. My guess is that is where the grey area is.

My point is that under ACC guideline, Duke is required to list such players as doubtful or questionable.

But I don't believe the same rules apply before non-conference games. The injury list is a creation OF the ACC and FOR the ACC.