PDA

View Full Version : NFL Survivial Football 2015

Highlander
09-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Are we doing the leagues this year? Calling Jason Evans. :)

JasonEvans
09-08-2015, 05:14 PM
Are we doing the leagues this year? Calling Jason Evans. :)

Ouch!! Thanks for reminding me. Hurry up folks!!

The no-strike group is group ID #21890
The password to get into it is: Duke

The one-strike group is group ID #21887
The password for that one is also: Duke

I believe you go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival to join the groups. Many of you should have also gotten a link to sign up for the 1-strike group as I sent an automatic renewal notice to everyone who was in that group last year. For some reason, I could not find the no-strike group to renew it.

If anyone have a problem or is at all confused, just post a question here. First picks are due THIS WEEKEND!!

-Jason "as always, if your poster name on the DBR is not obviously linked to your picking name in the contest let us know so we know who you are to mock and/or praise" Evans

JasonEvans
09-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Wow... I just looked at the week one lineup and I am prepared to guess that at least a third of us will be eliminated. There are no really obvious picks out there. Many of the good teams are playing on the road and the ones who are at home are playing other good teams. It isn't like you could get your feet wet with a simple Colts over Jax pick in week one. Whew...

I mean, do you want to stake your season on the Packers AT Chicago or Seattle on the road in St. Louis? I'm sorely tempted to go with the Dolphins travelling to Washington, but it ain't because I love the pick. It is just that there are so few other picks that make sense.

-Jason "Vegas' biggest favorite is the Patriots over the Steelers by 7... but why won't I be shocked if the refs seem a little tiny bit biased in that game?" Evans

sue71, esq
09-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Just got my 1-strike email, and will join the no-strike as well. Thanks, guys! :cool:

Bob Green
09-08-2015, 06:16 PM
I'm in! Personally, I find Week 1 to be the biggest hurdle each year. Survive Week 1 and things get easier...for a while.

cato
09-08-2015, 06:34 PM
The info isn't working for me. Is everyone else able to register?

Acymetric
09-08-2015, 06:42 PM
The info isn't working for me. Is everyone else able to register?

The password is "duke" rather than "Duke" (all lowercase). I had the same problem.

JasonEvans
09-08-2015, 07:44 PM
The password is "duke" rather than "Duke" (all lowercase). I had the same problem.

Yikes! So sorry about that. Yahoo did not tell me the password was case sensitive.

-Jason "sign up by Thursday if you want to pick the Pats and Steelers game!" Evans

cato
09-09-2015, 12:57 AM
Yikes. I liked my chances better before I was able to register and look at the actual match-ups.

I'm surprised Green Bay has the best odds going on the road in Chicago. I'm not picking an away team first week.

nocilla
09-09-2015, 10:15 AM
I'm in as Roxboro Roosters. I'll probably be out with picking the Panthers on the road, but I couldn't find anything I liked better.

sue71, esq
09-10-2015, 08:27 PM
I really should rename my teams Sue71 & Father of Sue71. I looked at this week's games and threw my hands up in the air, so I consulted him. If I lose this week, I blame him.

Troublemaker
09-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Will this thread serve as the in-season running thread on the NFL?

Buffalo looks really good this year. If anyone had the Colts in the survivor pool going against first-time starter Tyrod Taylor, you're toast.

Bob Green
09-13-2015, 04:18 PM
I survived Week 1 with Green Bay!

DukieInKansas
09-13-2015, 04:19 PM
I really should rename my teams Sue71 & Father of Sue71. I looked at this week's games and threw my hands up in the air, so I consulted him. If I lose this week, I blame him.

I believe Father of Sue71 picked the same as I - thank you, Chiefs! I picked a road team.

sue71, esq
09-13-2015, 05:06 PM
I believe Father of Sue71 picked the same as I - thank you, Chiefs! I picked a road team.

Hey DInK, I notice your spelling there...

And now neither of us have to worry about them again this season, at least for DBR Survivor. ;)

YmoBeThere
09-13-2015, 05:12 PM
I think I'm already out.

DukieInKansas
09-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Hey DInK, I notice your spelling there...

And now neither of us have to worry about them again this season, at least for DBR Survivor. ;)
4-0 in the preseason got them their letters back - all letters and their caps.

boudreau
09-13-2015, 06:32 PM
My favorite team is the Bears. However, I picked the Packers to win. During the whole game I was getting excited that the Bears may pull it out. But Cutler reverted to true form and tossed an interception late. While I was glad the Bears looked better than I expected, and am sad they lost, at least I did survive to play another week!

Those that commented on the difficulty of picking a winner this week were right. I mean, who would have seen the Bills easily handle the Colts?

pfrduke
09-14-2015, 12:54 AM
Never sweated the Cowboys pick. Was an easy week one winner. ;)

DUKIECB
09-15-2015, 08:41 AM
Week 1 is in the books. Don't forget to make your picks!

I went with the hometown Panthers last week so I'm still in the game which is one week longer than I usually survive :)

cato
09-15-2015, 12:39 PM
Like pfrduke, I never doubted my Cowboys pick in week one.

Now that we are on to week two, I can safely go back to my strategy from years past: scan the list of teams on the road for the worst ones, see who they are playing, and make my pick. One year that was good enough for first. Most years, not so much.

gurufrisbee
09-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Despite feeling dirty and gross about it, there was a comforting feeling about picking the Pats and being able to relax about my survival all weekend.

JasonEvans
09-15-2015, 04:04 PM
Despite much hand-wringing from all of us, only people were eliminated in week 1. 23 of us remain alive. Well done, folks!

The early favorite pick this week is Nawlins at home against Tampa. The Bucs looked godawful in week one and rookie QBs rarely come out of the gate strong. The Saints got whalloped by Arizona last week and probably feel like they need a win to get their season on track. Still, I'm not at all sold on New Orleans as a good team and when was the last time Jamesis lost 2 games in a row, probably junior high school or something like that.

The other popular picks are Baltimore and Miami, both of whom are on the road, but they are on the road to the woeful Raiders and Jags. I picked Miami last week, so I can't use them this week. Baltimore is a tempting pick as Oakland just looked awful last week getting blown out by the Bengals.

-Jason "Yahoo says the Steelers are a 6.5 point fave over the 49ers... that just has to be a misprint. The 9ers looked pretty good last night" Evans

Wander
09-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Still, I'm not at all sold on New Orleans as a good team and when was the last time Jamesis lost 2 games in a row, probably junior high school or something like that.

Fun stat: Jameis is undefeated in 2013, undefeated in 2014, and winless in 2015. Both losses coming to Mariota.

DukieInKansas
09-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Sure glad I took the chefs last week so I wasn't tempted to take them last night. That was a debacle. So bad they lost their i and their C - in one game.

At least the Royals won! Magic number is 6, I believe.

boudreau
09-20-2015, 04:20 PM
And just like that, over half remaining are eliminated from the no strikes pool. TB defeats NO. This is a cruel thing this Survival Football.

Bob Green
09-20-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm out! Took New Orleans or more accurately I picked against Tampa Bay. Bad Decision. This is the earliest I've lost in a number of years. Disappointing. Oh well, off to the Losers League where I have one strike left.

pfrduke
09-20-2015, 04:21 PM
Fun stat: Jameis is undefeated in 2013, undefeated in 2014, and winless in 2015. Both losses coming to Mariota.

And it still holds true after beating the Saints in NO and knocking out 13 people in our pool. We also lose one person who picked the Chargers and one who picked the Titans. Week 2 is a bloodbath thus far. Those of us who picked the Colts will be sweating through Monday.

YmoBeThere
09-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Well, Fudge. There goes my one strike.

sue71, esq
09-20-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm out! Took New Orleans or more accurately I picked against Tampa Bay. Bad Decision ... Disappointing. Oh well, off to the Losers League where I have one strike left.

Barf. Oh, I mean ditto. :(

DukieInKansas
09-20-2015, 05:12 PM
And it still holds true after beating the Saints in NO and knocking out 13 people in our pool. We also lose one person who picked the Chargers and one who picked the Titans. Week 2 is a bloodbath thus far. Those of us who picked the Colts will be sweating through Monday.

Let's go, Colts!

JasonEvans
09-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Let's go, Colts!

Between Baltimore,Miami, Nawlins, and a couple other teams, we have lost every single person in the no-strikes pool except for the 3 people who have Indy. If Indy loses tomorrow, we will all be out. How crazy is that??!?!?!

Across all of Yahoo, the #1, #2, #3, #4, and #6 most popular picks all lost. The #5 is Indy, playing tomorrow. I am fairly sure that at least 90% of all Yahoo Survival picks will be eliminated this weekend. It is stunning. We've never seen a week like this in the NFL, NEVER!

-Jason "Vegas must be cleaning up... there's always more money bet on favorites than underdogs" Evans

pfrduke
09-20-2015, 11:57 PM
So what was the last weekend when the Browns, Raiders, Buccaneers, Jaguars, and Redskins all won? I suspect that hasn't happened for a while (and when it did it probably wreaked havoc on survivor leagues just like this weekend did).

boudreau
09-21-2015, 05:00 AM
Down goes Frazier, Down goes Frazier

Really Baltimore? to Oakland?

All time record I believe. Out in week 2. That's just crazy.

Off to the one strike bracket...

cf-62
09-21-2015, 07:37 AM
Between Baltimore,Miami, Nawlins, and a couple other teams, we have lost every single person in the no-strikes pool except for the 3 people who have Indy. If Indy loses tomorrow, we will all be out. How crazy is that??!?!?!

Across all of Yahoo, the #1, #2, #3, #4, and #6 most popular picks all lost. The #5 is Indy, playing tomorrow. I am fairly sure that at least 90% of all Yahoo Survival picks will be eliminated this weekend. It is stunning. We've never seen a week like this in the NFL, NEVER!

-Jason "Vegas must be cleaning up... there's always more money bet on favorites than underdogs" Evans

Last year, I avoided the Taints like the plague, even when they were double digit favorites. With them playing Winston, I just couldn't fight through the feeling.

The only thing that makes me feel better is that of all the alternate picks, only the Falcons won, and that required a double digit Q4 comeback.

DUKIECB
09-21-2015, 01:16 PM
Stupid Saints got me as well. Now they will probably come into Charlotte next week and play great against the Panthers. Wouldn't surprise me one bit at this point.

DukieInKansas
09-21-2015, 10:42 PM
Third qtr and not looking good for the rest of us.

sue71, esq
09-22-2015, 12:19 AM
Holy moly.

DukieInKansas
09-22-2015, 02:21 AM
Too bad ElectricMayhem didn't play the no strikes pool - would have won it in Week 2.

wilson
09-22-2015, 06:21 AM
Too bad ElectricMayhem didn't play the no strikes pool - would have won it in Week 2.That'd be me. Not really sure why I didn't play both. Kind of forgot or didn't notice I was in the 1-strike pool.
The funny thing? I have yet to watch a single minute of NFL football this season, and I have little intention to do so anytime soon.

JasonEvans
09-22-2015, 02:11 PM
The nice thing is, according to Yahoo, in 2016 I will be the defending champion in DBR Survivor Football!

Suck it, losers!!

-Jason "I think there are 22 other defending champs, but that is just semantics" Evans

DukieInKansas
09-22-2015, 05:45 PM
The nice thing is, according to Yahoo, in 2016 I will be the defending champion in DBR Survivor Football!

Suck it, losers!!

-Jason "I think there are 22 other defending champs, but that is just semantics" Evans

Do the 3 that didn't get knocked out until Monday evening rank higher than those that got knocked out on Sunday? ;)

-jk
09-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Do the 3 that didn't get knocked out until Monday evening rank higher than those that got knocked out on Sunday? ;)

Nice logic!

-jk

sue71, esq
09-24-2015, 04:51 PM

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Also, for fun, go into the group and check out the list of winners. Pretty funny to see in that manner.

Bob Green
10-04-2015, 03:24 PM
With Atlanta up 42-0, I'm going to go ahead and say I survived this week even though it is only the 3rd quarter.

wilson
10-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Frank Gore's goal-line fumble has the Colts looking to jettison another ~25% of the group.

wilson
10-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Frank Gore's goal-line fumble has the Colts looking to jettison another ~25% of the group.Jags missed an overtime game-winning field goal, which the Colts followed with a successful game-winner of their own. 16-13 Indianapolis, and Juise, McScott, Mr. Synellinden, rasputin, and Turk live another day. Looks like only a couple of eliminations this week, unless the Browns surprise the Chargers or the Lions pull a shocker over Seattle.

wilson
10-04-2015, 07:24 PM
With a chance to win the game with a field goal, the Cardinals turned it over on downs. They now trail 24-22 inside 2 minutes remaining. So it looks like I'll be taking my first strike this week.

DukieInKansas
10-05-2015, 11:30 PM
That was close. Fumble out of the end zone saved the game for the Seahawks.

cspan37421
10-06-2015, 12:03 AM
That was close. Fumble out of the end zone saved the game for the Seahawks.

It was batted out of the end zone by a Seahawk player, should have been a penalty on Seahawks.

Lions are so hapless even the refs don't take them seriously.

JasonEvans
10-06-2015, 02:01 PM
By the way, pretty cool stat but thanks to the decimation in week #2, only 2.6% of all Yahoo users are still alive through 4 weeks of the season.

Week.. Correct pick
Week 1 87.84%
Week 2 6.29%
Week 3 97.45%
Week 4 77.21%

-Jason "we've only lost 7 players in the 1-strike group" Evans

weezie
10-06-2015, 05:56 PM
It was batted out of the end zone by a Seahawk player, should have been a penalty on Seahawks.

Lions are so hapless even the refs don't take them seriously.

:( Well, the Lion might soon hold the record for most changes made to rules after monumental screw ups by hapless blind refs!
So there's that.....

DukieInKansas
10-11-2015, 04:20 PM
4-0 in the preseason got them their letters back - all letters and their caps.

They kept their letters after week 1. After week 2 they became the k c chef - losing the capital letters and an I. After today, they don't even deserve the name sous chefs. Until they can win, and not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, they will be known as the cooks. Hopefully, they will never get demoted to head bottle washer.

eta - I considered taking the Bears this week - should have gone with my first instinct.

Bob Green
10-12-2015, 06:23 AM
I survived with the NY Giants this week. Eight of 16 remaining players survived when Atlanta beat Washington in overtime on a Pick 6. On to next week...

YmoBeThere
10-16-2015, 07:20 AM
Well, that one is over now too. Whoops, no it isn't.

Bob Green
10-19-2015, 04:23 PM
I am eliminated by Seattle losing at home to Carolina. Oh well, better luck next year. Survival Football is a lot of fun.

wilson
10-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Survival Football is a lot of fun.I think you have the wrong thread. This one is for Survivial Football.

DukieInKansas
10-19-2015, 10:53 PM
I think you have the wrong thread. This one is for Survivial Football.

We survivors are a convivial group.

sue71, esq
10-25-2015, 12:52 PM
Shoot. I forgot to make my pick this week. Well, it's been fun.

YmoBeThere
10-25-2015, 05:06 PM
Shoot. I forgot to make my pick this week. Well, it's been fun.

5 of us out already this week. Two no selections and 3 Bills.

sue71, esq
10-25-2015, 05:22 PM
I feel better about not having made a pick than picking the Bills.

gurufrisbee
10-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Whoops. I'm one of the no picks. Just a busy week. Oh well. Good luck to the rest of you!

DUKIECB
10-27-2015, 08:58 AM
Down to 5 survivors left. It's getting hard now, looking at this weeks picks it's looking like a total crapshoot! I have no idea who I'm going to pick.

sue71, esq
11-08-2015, 08:45 PM
I haven't looked lately since I'm no longer in it, but is anyone still alive?

DUKIECB
11-09-2015, 08:33 AM
I haven't looked lately since I'm no longer in it, but is anyone still alive?Myself along with boudreau, devilben02, Devildm and rasputin and very much still alive. This is by far the deepest into the season I have ever made it.

boudreau
11-17-2015, 04:06 AM
Myself along with boudreau, devilben02, Devildm and rasputin and very much still alive. This is by far the deepest into the season I have ever made it.

DUKIECB, devilben02, Devildm, rasputin and I are eliminated in week 10. I declare us all winners of the One Strike Pool. Yahoo has awarded devilben02 as the winner. Maybe because Cincy was the last team to lose? The moral of that story is pick a Monday night game! For some reason, I really like this game. Hey, overall, only 352 left in the game.

DUKIECB
11-17-2015, 08:24 AM
DUKIECB, devilben02, Devildm, rasputin and I are eliminated in week 10. I declare us all winners of the One Strike Pool. Yahoo has awarded devilben02 as the winner.Here, here!

devildm
11-17-2015, 08:37 AM
I guess that also means that boudreau, devilben02, rasputin, and I won the "double crown" (both pools) due to the slaughter that was week 2 in the no-strike survivor pool.

DevilBen02
11-17-2015, 08:58 AM
DUKIECB, devilben02, Devildm, rasputin and I are eliminated in week 10. I declare us all winners of the One Strike Pool. Yahoo has awarded devilben02 as the winner.

It's showing all of us as winners when I view the Yahoo site, and that works for me.

Bob Green
11-17-2015, 07:17 PM
Congratulations to all! I'm looking forward to 2016 already.