PDA

View Full Version : Football writers...

jseelke
09-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Julio - I know you got some responses...but I may be interested in helping cover Duke FB...wrote for the Chronicle from 1992-1996 and would love to get the feel of writing again.

Drop me an email - jseelke@gmail.com

thanks

OldPhiKap
09-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Ditto here. And by "ditto," I mean that I have never written for a newspaper. Or about sports. At least, not professionally. But as a lawyer I kinda analyze and write for a living. Sometimes even get sporked for doing so on the boards here. Happy to be assigned or pick a game that Jim cannot do; I understand specifically that road game coverage is needed.

I didn't get a tattoo in Juarez after the Sun Bowl because I am lukewarm about Duke football, after all.

Happy to take the Army game October 10 if you want.

-jk
09-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Please contact Julian directly. PM me for his email address.

-jk

fuse
09-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Ditto here. And by "ditto," I mean that I have never written for a newspaper. Or about sports. At least, not professionally. But as a lawyer I kinda analyze and write for a living. Sometimes even get sporked for doing so on the boards here. Happy to be assigned or pick a game that Jim cannot do; I understand specifically that road game coverage is needed.

I didn't get a tattoo in Juarez after the Sun Bowl because I am lukewarm about Duke football, after all.

Happy to take the Army game October 10 if you want.

You either need to post a pic of the tattoo or have a revered member of Mount Hatemore vouch that they have seen it ;-)

devildeac
09-05-2015, 10:04 PM
You either need to post a pic of the tattoo or have a revered member of Mount Hatemore vouch that they have seen it ;-)

I seem to remember OPK saying he'd be at the home opener this year to inspect the new and improving WW, so you can inspect the ink yourself, or trust one of the stone edifices to do so. Within reason, of course. :o

OldPhiKap
09-05-2015, 10:40 PM
I seem to remember OPK saying he'd be at the home opener this year to inspect the new and improving WW, so you can inspect the ink yourself, or trust one of the stone edifices to do so. Within reason, of course. :o

Alas, will not make this weekend but looking at the calendar. Absent last minute plans falling in place of course.

weezie
09-06-2015, 11:57 AM

I vote for the latter. And I volunteer one or more of my three brethren for the attestation. :eek: