PDA

View Full Version : USC vs UNC in Charlotte

53n206
09-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Note the stands. Not much in attendance, probably because of such a large NFL stadium. But USC vs UNC?

moonpie23
09-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Heels looked good...

tteettimes
09-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Final score....... Aaawwwwwwwww

lotusland
09-04-2015, 07:17 AM
Note the stands. Not much in attendance, probably because of such a large NFL stadium. But USC vs UNC?

Ticket prices were $120 and I have a pretty nice TV.
Both teams were paid $3.2 million so the heels can afford another investigation now.

mgtr
09-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Ticket prices were $120 and I have a pretty nice TV.
Both teams were paid $3.2 million so the heels can afford another investigation now.

That is interesting. Who put up that kind of money? It must have cost another million or so for rent of the stadium, parking, concessions, etc. Sounds as though somebody lost his shirt!

Tripping William
09-04-2015, 12:57 PM
That is interesting. Who put up that kind of money? It must have cost another million or so for rent of the stadium, parking, concessions, etc. Sounds as though somebody lost his shirt!

Don't know for sure, but am guessing that this guy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Skipper) is the top candidate.

BigWayne
09-04-2015, 01:23 PM

Even with 20K empty seats, that means they sold 50K, which should have brought in over $5M. Concessions and parking make money, not the other way around. Belk as the sponsor surely paid to have their name on it and of course ESPN paid to broadcast it, though that fee probably runs through the conference season long contracts. Even with a $3.2 million payout to each team, I'm guessing they broke even at least.

mgtr
09-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Even with 20K empty seats, that means they sold 50K, which should have brought in over $5M. Concessions and parking make money, not the other way around. Belk as the sponsor surely paid to have their name on it and of course ESPN paid to broadcast it, though that fee probably runs through the conference season long contracts. Even with a $3.2 million payout to each team, I'm guessing they broke even at least.

Well, I was under the impression that there were less than 50K people there. Of course, they may have sold tickets to no-shows, but they may well have comped a bunch of people. I agree that parking and concessions normally make money, but there is often a guaranteed minimum, which may not have met. I guess that they did not even break even, but we will probably never know.

NYBri
09-04-2015, 11:55 PM
Friendly reminder...9f.

sagegrouse
09-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Well, I was under the impression that there were less than 50K people there. Of course, they may have sold tickets to no-shows, but they may well have comped a bunch of people. I agree that parking and concessions normally make money, but there is often a guaranteed minimum, which may not have met. I guess that they did not even break even, but we will probably never know.

i am not sure how college football works on these kind of events, but I wouldn't be surprised if the hospitality industry in Charlotte and other such businesses ponied up to make the game happen. And, of course, the big banks HQed there could throw a few shekels in the till without noticing the loss.

mgtr
09-05-2015, 02:56 PM
i am not sure how college football works on these kind of events, but I wouldn't be surprised if the hospitality industry in Charlotte and other such businesses ponied up to make the game happen. And, of course, the big banks HQed there could throw a few shekels in the till without noticing the loss.

Excellent point. I should have thought of that.

53n206
09-05-2015, 03:02 PM
All facts about money funding this game are likely. My initial point was how few people were in the stands. I think many more than 20,000 empty seats.

devildeac
09-05-2015, 03:38 PM
All facts about money funding this game are likely. My initial point was how few people were in the stands. I think many more than 20,000 empty seats.

Probably a lot of folks worried about attending class the next day..

Oh wait, never mind...

:rolleyes: