PDA

View Full Version : 2015-16 Men's Basketball Schedule Released

Tripping William
09-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Officially released, that is. (http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1845&SPSID=22726) Last remaining speculation ends; anticipation begins.

jtheall
09-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Link to our games: http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=1845&SPSID=22726

Tough February. Clemson game is in Greenville, SC (my hometown) due to Little John renovations this year.

luburch
09-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Link to our games: http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=1845&SPSID=22726

Tough February. Clemson game is in Greenville, SC (my hometown) due to Little John renovations this year.

Woof. You're right. February 6th - March 5th is going to be a brutal stretch of games. Stretch of 12 days with Louisville (2x), Virginia, and Carolina.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
09-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Greenville, eh? Hrmmmmm

grad_devil
09-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Greenville, eh? Hrmmmmm

That's less than 90 minutes, right? Roooaaad triiiipp.....

devildeac
09-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Greenville, eh? Hrmmmmm

I expect a large, loud and hop-infused crowd from Beer City to make the short jaunt and report back after the game when they recover;).

mattman91
09-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Greenville, eh? Hrmmmmm

I expect a large, loud and hop-infused crowd from Beer City to make the short jaunt and report back after the game when they recover;).

I'll bring the road beers :cool:

kidding.

weezie
09-02-2015, 05:30 PM
That Long Beach State game might be a nice early New Year's Eve activity....

wilson
09-02-2015, 05:36 PM
The schedule doesn't specify home and away teams for the conference games. What's up with that?

Edit: The desktop version doesn't have this issue...seems to be a problem with mobile device rendering.

SCMatt33
09-02-2015, 05:52 PM
I think I like it at first glance. It's pretty unbalanced from a home/away standpoint, with 6 of 9 away to start and 6 of 9 at home to end. It also seems to be backloaded, though by the time January rolls around which teams qualify as harder or easier could change. Either way, I like staying at home more in February and March with less travel before the rigors of tournament time. Also of note, Duke's three one day turnaround conference games (the Big Monday games) are pretty well set up. The two home games are led into with other home games, and the road game is led into with a game at NC State, so no ridiculous traveling on a Saturday to go travel somewhere else on Monday. As for the teams traveling to Durham for Monday games, Syracuse will have an extended road trip with a game at Wake to lead in, and Louisville will depart after a home game against BC.

Henderson
09-02-2015, 06:11 PM
So the January away game at Clemson is in Greenville rather that at Littlejohn?

That aside, my first reaction is that it's tough to see where that first loss comes.

wilson
09-02-2015, 06:13 PM
More 7:00 weeknight games and fewer 9:00 tips than in recent years, it seems. As an early riser, I like that.

brevity
09-02-2015, 06:38 PM
The schedule doesn't specify home and away teams for the conference games. What's up with that?

Edit: The desktop version doesn't have this issue...seems to be a problem with mobile device rendering.

That's not the only problem with the mobile version. On my phone, even after clicking "More" a couple of times, the schedule ends February 28 against Pitt. So Duke only plays UNC once. I was surprised the ACC was so quick to dismiss the rivalry in light of UNC's sins.

If you are on a phone, read the press release (http://m.goduke.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=1845&ATCLID=210311699&DB_OEM_ID=4200) instead.

devildeac
09-02-2015, 06:41 PM
That Long Beach State game might be a nice early New Year's Eve activity....

If it turns out that way, it'll be the longest game in NCAA history as it's scheduled to tip-off at 4 PM on December 30...

;)

devildeac
09-02-2015, 06:44 PM
So the January away game at Clemson is in Greenville rather that at Littlejohn?

That aside, my first reaction is that it's tough to see where that first loss comes.

WTH? Do you really think we're going to lose a game in the 2015-16 season?

(kidding, kidding)

And no, this is not Ozzie posting with my screen name:o.

Olympic Fan
09-02-2015, 07:06 PM
I always check the schedule for football/basketball conflicts --

The only one I see is Saturday Nov. 4, when we play Pitt at wade Stadium (no time set) and we play Bryant (time TBA) in Cameron.

I assume the basketball starting time might be flexible, depending on the start time of the football game -- but either way, it's likely to be a parking nightmare (especially when you throw in all the construction work).

pfrduke
09-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Very significant four game stretch in the middle of February:

2/8 - Louisville
2/13 - Virginia
2/17 - @UNC
2/20 - @Louisville

Really, the ten games from January 16 to February 20 are where the season is going to be made. It includes a three-game road trip, State twice, Louisville twice, UVA and Notre Dame, and the trip to Chapel Hill.

devildeac
09-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Very significant four game stretch in the middle of February:

2/8 - Louisville
2/13 - Virginia
2/17 - @UNC
2/20 - @Louisville

Really, the ten games from January 16 to February 20 are where the season is going to be made. It includes a three-game road trip, State twice, Louisville twice, UVA and Notre Dame, and the trip to Chapel Hill.

Can't be correct. State? Twice? In the same (regular) season? Our new rivals;)?

Faustus
09-02-2015, 10:13 PM
Hmmm... No out of conference game after the New Year at all this year, it appears (so much for those rumors of a Villanova game maybe in NYC in Feb.; certainly no St. John's this year), and again, not playing UNC until the 13th conference game of the year, which I've never liked...

flyingdutchdevil
09-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo. Jan 2 game in Boston? And I'm in Europe visiting family?

Dammit ACC! Duke comes to Boston - what - 60% of seasons, and you decide to have them play at Boston on Jan 2?

Sad face

newclasspack
09-03-2015, 01:53 AM
Can't be correct. State? Twice? In the same (regular) season? Our new rivals;)?It's like Hailey's comet... will be another 75 years before we play y'all twice in a regular season again.

gurufrisbee
09-03-2015, 09:35 AM
Darn. No games again with a couple thousand miles. If any of you have the attention of the schedule makers, we'd love Duke to get some road games against Washington, Gonzaga, Wazzu, Seattle U, Pacific Lutheran, Seattle Pacific, Western Washington, Central Washington, Eastern Washington, Whitworth University, Green River CC, Pierce College, Seattle Barber's College, Washington Tech, Pacific Northwest School for the Blind, Rain University, or any other option around here. Thank you (and my family also thanks you, since once again they tell me I can't quit my job and move them all to Durham).

fuse
09-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Not seeing an obvious big early tournament- no Maui or Battle for Atlantis. Surely I am missing something.

tbyers11
09-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Not seeing an obvious big early tournament- no Maui or Battle for Atlantis. Surely I am missing something.

2K Classic/Wounded Warrior is the tourney this year. 2 games with Siena/Bryant in Cameron and then we advance to NYC no matter how we do to play VCU and Wisconsin/Georgetown. There are only 2 games against high-major teams instead of 3 but it is what it is.

DukeBlue666s
09-06-2015, 09:11 AM
I rarely post up here, but I do read the forum every day. Who is in the Boston area that may go to the game at Boston College? I'll be taking my fiancee to her first Duke game on that day. Would love to meet some Duke fans in this area. Most people up here could care less about college basketball and it's been a royal pain in the bum having nobody to gossip with about Duke.

Edouble
09-07-2015, 04:34 PM
I rarely post up here, but I do read the forum every day. Who is in the Boston area that may go to the game at Boston College? I'll be taking my fiancee to her first Duke game on that day. Would love to meet some Duke fans in this area. Most people up here could care less about college basketball and it's been a royal pain in the bum having nobody to gossip with about Duke.

Well, at least they could care less... it could be worse.