PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast Episode 27: Jim Sumner helps us preview Duke Football

JasonEvans
09-02-2015, 01:13 AM
A brand new podcast is out! (https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/episode-27-9115-the-jim-sumner-football-preview) We have a long conversation with Jim Sumner about Duke football (and a little bit of basketball) and we react to the breaking news that Frank Jackson has committed to Duke. Check it out!!

-Jason "Jim is more than a little optimistic about Duke football!" Evans

Dev11
09-02-2015, 01:15 AM
The podcast team is back to what we think will be a regular schedule, with football starting this week. Resident Duke expert Jim Sumner was kind enough to join us to break down the team at the end of training camp.

If you're listening to the podcast, please provide feedback here or on iTunes. I mentioned this in the recording, but we aren't quite sure where our audience is in terms of football knowledge, so we want to know how best to work with the material. Any and all thoughts are appreciated, be they on football or the show in general.

Timestamps to come tomorrow, but for now, the usual links:

Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast)
iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dbr-podcast/id954964236?mt=2)
Stitcher (http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/58077/details)

Edit: Jason beat me to the post by about two minutes, but I got all the important minutiae like the episode number and all the links, so I'm calling it a draw.

blazindw
09-02-2015, 09:40 AM
It's good to have Football back and it's good to be back on the podcast grind! Many thanks to Jim once again for joining us!

duke blue brewcrew
09-02-2015, 09:45 AM
A brand new podcast is out! (https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/episode-27-9115-the-jim-sumner-football-preview) We have a long conversation with Jim Sumner about Duke football (and a little bit of basketball) and we react to the breaking news that Frank Jackson has committed to Duke. Check it out!!

-Jason "Jim is more than a little optimistic about Duke football!" Evans

Jason, it's nice to put a voice with a post. This was was a great podcast, and I could listen to Jim talk Duke Football all day long! Thanks for sharing. It made my expense reports exercise this morning that much more enjoyable.

Dev11
09-02-2015, 10:50 AM
I could listen to Jim talk Duke Football all day long!

I had more questions for him, but I knew if I asked them all, we'd run way too long.

duke blue brewcrew
09-02-2015, 06:27 PM
I had more questions for him, but I knew if I asked them all, we'd run way too long.

I would love to know what went unasked. I like Jim's confidence in Sirk, that makes me feel pretty good!

OldPhiKap
09-02-2015, 06:50 PM
I would love to know what went unasked!

Jason was going to ask Jim what he thought of Woodrow Wilson, but decided that the response was probably "too PPB"

Reilly
09-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Jason was going to ask Jim what he thought of Woodrow Wilson, but decided that the response was probably "too PPB"

Kentucky fans, Maryland trolls, bar-b-q wars & Woodrow Wilson -- the four horses of the DBR apocalypse.

OldPhiKap
09-02-2015, 09:22 PM
Kentucky fans, Maryland trolls, bar-b-q wars & Woodrow Wilson -- the four horses of the DBR apocalypse.

Maybe they could ask him the most pressing question possible:

Vinegar, tomato, or mustard?

(I think I know his answer, although he is from a border area IIRC).

devildeac
09-02-2015, 10:17 PM

We have a much larger stable of equines we regularly flog into asystole than those four. You forgot recruiting, early entry, loathing and disgust for all that is tarheelian, schedule difficulty, nerd polls/stats and, of course, rosterbation:rolleyes:.

;)

Reilly
09-03-2015, 07:26 AM
... You forgot recruiting, early entry, loathing and disgust for all that is tarheelian, schedule difficulty, nerd polls/stats and, of course, rosterbation ...

I see those merely as rungs of Dante's posting hell -- posters spending their days ceaselessly debating the same topic. The four horses, in contrast, bring sure thread annihilation. I mean, c'mon, Woodrow Wilson?! There's a reason Godwin's Law posits that the longer a thread goes on, the probability of a comparison involving Woodrow Wilson approaches 1.

devildeac
09-03-2015, 12:41 PM
I see those merely as rungs of Dante's posting hell -- posters spending their days ceaselessly debating the same topic. The four horses, in contrast, bring sure thread annihilation. I mean, c'mon, Woodrow Wilson?! There's a reason Godwin's Law posits that the longer a thread goes on, the probability of a comparison involving Woodrow Wilson approaches 1.

Woodrow? Godwin's Law? Mein Führer says guten tag;).

:o

Reddevil
09-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Woodrow? Godwin's Law? Mein Führer says guten tag;).

:o

It's over.:p

devildeac
09-03-2015, 02:26 PM
It's over.:p

"Nothing is over until we decide it is!"

OldPhiKap
09-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Excellent job, gents. And The interview with Jim was excellent!