PDA

View Full Version : PJ Hairston's mom

Channing
08-07-2015, 10:39 AM
On one hand, I really want to hear what she has to say. On the other hand ... :confused::confused::confused:

http://www.gofundme.com/6e6e6ecfuw

devildeac
08-07-2015, 11:05 AM
On one hand, I really want to hear what she has to say. On the other hand ... :confused::confused:

On the other hand, maybe the sheep's club doesn't (as someone alluded to in the Lying thread).:rolleyes:;)

Henderson
08-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Let's recap:

An NBA player who makes $1.2 million + in base salary has his mom panhandling online for money so she can tell her "unique" story. She wants $100K, and so far 4 people have contributed a total of $150.

Allow me to offer some advice:

(1) Your son with the million dollar+ salary has the money if you need it. Ask him first. If he's not sharing, why should anyone else?

(2) It doesn't take $100K to get your story out there. You can do it for free. You might like to go on tour on someone else's dime (who wouldn't?), but it's not necessary. If you have something you want to say, blog it. Or tweet it. Or call a bunch of reporters, one of whom will take your call, interview you, and write a story. Why do you need $100K to tell your story?

(3) Points (1) and (2) seem so obvious that the only reasonably conclusion is that you are either doing a shakedown of UNC or trying to sell a story through panhandling that you couldn't sell elsewhere. I guarantee that UNC isn't going to pay you. And apparently neither is any media outlet.

(4) Maybe there's no ulterior point to this at all. Maybe it's just a case of a woman opportunistically seeing an opportunity to beg for money online that some people will fall for. Frankly, this seems the least malodorous of the possibilities. If it's successful, I might give it a go.

Channing
08-07-2015, 04:15 PM
she is looking for 10k, not 100k. Just makes it even stranger.

Henderson
08-07-2015, 04:27 PM
she is looking for 10k, not 100k. Just makes it even stranger.

My bad, and too late to edit. Good catch.

PJ: Cut your mom a check out of petty cash. Don't tell me you haven't already given her more money than that. Or maybe you know better what this is all about....

devildeac
08-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Let's recap:

An NBA player who makes $1.2 million + in base salary has his mom panhandling online for money so she can tell her "unique" story. She wants $100K, and so far 4 people have contributed a total of $150.

(1) Your son with the million dollar+ salary has the money if you need it. Ask him first. If he's not sharing, why should anyone else?

(2) It doesn't take $100K to get your story out there. You can do it for free. You might like to go on tour on someone else's dime (who wouldn't?), but it's not necessary. If you have something you want to say, blog it. Or tweet it. Or call a bunch of reporters, one of whom will take your call, interview you, and write a story. Why do you need $100K to tell your story?

(3) Points (1) and (2) seem so obvious that the only reasonably conclusion is that you are either doing a shakedown of UNC or trying to sell a story through panhandling that you couldn't sell elsewhere. I guarantee that UNC isn't going to pay you. And apparently neither is any media outlet.

(4) Maybe there's no ulterior point to this at all. Maybe it's just a case of a woman opportunistically seeing an opportunity to beg for money online that some people will fall for. Frankly, this seems the least malodorous of the possibilities. If it's successful, I might give it a go.

Now, if she had included this letter in her request, then she might have a few more Franklins already:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Scam_letter_posted_within_South_Africa.jpg

lotusland
08-07-2015, 05:14 PM
I don't do Twiiter myself but someone on IC posted this tweet which is interesting. I'm in for fitty if she's going to spill it.

Think it may be time to break the silence and let people know the facts. Getting quite tired of the constant harassment.

— Family First (@UNC_MOM_15) July 8, 2015

SilkyJ
08-07-2015, 10:35 PM
The PackPride folks must be so torn. On one hand they'd love it if she went all McCants on the Carowina Way, on the other I'm sure they can't bear to give her any $$

PSurprise
08-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Stepping back from this whole situation, all a Duke or State fan can say is...

Muhahahahahahahahaha! (This is so great!)

oldnavy
08-08-2015, 07:23 AM
Let's recap:

I'm with you on this. Isn't the usual progression is a book, then the tour. I actually think that a book could be interesting if she is going to cover the trials and tribs of single parenthood, domestic violence, big time college recruiting, difficulties after the recruiting, etc... sounds like an interesting story could be there.

Not sure why she wants to jump out on a speaking tour first. Speaking in public can be very difficult, I wonder if she has experience doing it? If not she may find that it can be highly stressful and if you are not very good at it, you can fall flat very quickly especially if she is going negative on UNC (I imagine, the crowds could be a mix of hostile and sympathetic). I have given dozens of talks to audiences ranging from 25 to 1000+ and I was always calm, cool, totally in command of the topic at hand, and a huge success!! People loved me at each engagement and I had to exit the building much like Elvis did, surrounded by security from my adoring fans.

p.s., the part about public speaking being difficult is true enough, the rest of that paragraph is a total lie designed to replace my somewhat harsh reality with a much more pleasing fictional account.... :rolleyes:

MarkD83
08-08-2015, 09:22 AM
On one hand, I really want to hear what she has to say. On the other hand ... :confused::confused::confused:

The Rams Club is running out of money and this is their way of trying to get money from NCSU fans to pay for future NCAA fines. :)

weezie
08-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Otoh, it might be worth attending one of these highbrow lectures by pj's mommy in order to learn how NOT to raise a jackass.

Duke95
08-08-2015, 11:56 AM
I thought this thread title was an American Pie reference.

BD80
08-08-2015, 02:09 PM
I thought this thread title was an American Pie reference.

Yuck. Of course, that could explain the minimal funding response

Skitzle
08-10-2015, 01:15 AM
Apparently she asked her son but got shot down. Guys at Pack pride hacked the text convo see attached.

:)

Selover
08-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Apparently she asked her son but got shot down. Guys at Pack pride hacked the text convo see attached.

:)

I'd say the time of the screenshot gives away that it is a fake. We all know that PJ would be much too busy to be on his phone at 4:20. :cool: :confused: <insert squinting emoticon here>

SilkyJ
08-10-2015, 11:45 PM
Can the DTH start a countdown clock for when this gets funded?

I hope the PP guys get drunk one night and just say "eff it, lets do it just to hear the story"

cspan37421
08-11-2015, 07:54 AM
If she really tells her story, will loose lips sink flagships?

Furniture
08-12-2015, 12:19 AM
Over 2.7k views of this thread. It surely must be the dog days of summer....yawn.

Furniture
08-12-2015, 12:38 AM