PDA

View Full Version : Basketball ticket orders are out...

longtimedevil
07-27-2015, 04:50 PM
But you can't pay for them yet.:(

Kedsy
07-27-2015, 05:02 PM
But you can't pay for them yet.:(

I wasn't going to be able to, anyway. ;)

-jk
07-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Looking forward to it. <ouch!>

Do they include a full schedule?

-jk

duke2x
07-28-2015, 12:37 PM
I will renew my annual request to share any published schedule with DBR since non-season ticket Iron Dukes (like me) don't get this information. The order of games in the brochure is almost always correct even if the days aren't published yet. Thanks in advance.

obsesseddukefan
07-28-2015, 03:01 PM
I am a first time gift donor this year. Figured I should at least contribute to the school which has brought me years of happiness, even if there were a few off years. I didn't quite understand the gift rules, I was under the impression that I would be able to order certain away games and holiday home games. Thought it was really nice to get a Iron Dukes Pin, but the letter said they were all out of the car decals LOL. So am I safe to ASSume that I will not be getting a ticket order form?

duke2x
07-28-2015, 03:38 PM
I am a first time gift donor this year. Figured I should at least contribute to the school which has brought me years of happiness, even if there were a few off years. I didn't quite understand the gift rules, I was under the impression that I would be able to order certain away games and holiday home games. Thought it was really nice to get a Iron Dukes Pin, but the letter said they were all out of the car decals LOL. So am I safe to ASSume that I will not be getting a ticket order form?'

It would depend on your donation size and position on the waiting list. If you don't get a season ticket order form, Duke used to send a postcard listing the 4-5 non-conference games where you can buy tickets. For the other games, Iron Dukes get a slight priority to buy GA (student section) tickets that undergrads don't want. You can also add your name to the ticket exchange. Getting tickets through the Iron Dukes is very hit or miss; you shouldn't be making the donation to get tickets.

It is rare that the Iron Dukes will offer "true" away games. @GT in the Phillips Arena season and @St. John's in 2015 are the only two away games I've purchased from Duke. You usually buy those through the opposing school. Neutral site games are much easier to get.

obsesseddukefan
07-28-2015, 07:54 PM
'

It would depend on your donation size and position on the waiting list. If you don't get a season ticket order form, Duke used to send a postcard listing the 4-5 non-conference games where you can buy tickets. For the other games, Iron Dukes get a slight priority to buy GA (student section) tickets that undergrads don't want. You can also add your name to the ticket exchange. Getting tickets through the Iron Dukes is very hit or miss; you shouldn't be making the donation to get tickets.

It is rare that the Iron Dukes will offer "true" away games. @GT in the Phillips Arena season and @St. John's in 2015 are the only two away games I've purchased from Duke. You usually buy those through the opposing school. Neutral site games are much easier to get.

Thanks for the info!! I made the donation just as a thank you really. Love the game of basketball and love the Blue Devils. My tickets come from an alum, so I'm grateful from that aspect.

wcg
08-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Orders are now available for purchase!

duke2x
08-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Announced home and neutral site games through the end of the year are now for sale through Duke. Please save 1 Yale ticket for me just in case I can make that game. :)

Since Duke starts late this year, it's also possible there might be 1-2 ACC games in January that haven't been announced yet.

superdave
08-12-2015, 02:41 PM
I could not find a link for home games. I did find this for the MSG and Chicago games:

https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&_MODE_=PERFORMERCATEGORY&SALE_TKT_PERFORMER_ID=79576&SALE_TKT_SALE_CATEGORIES_ID=77336

weezie
08-13-2015, 08:28 AM
I'll say this, the parking passes are a monstrous pain in the patoot. You have to rank your choices and be ready to trudge.
I also think we're paying about $400 more per season ticket. :eek:

devildeac
08-13-2015, 10:08 AM
I'll say this, the parking passes are a monstrous pain in the patoot. You have to rank your choices and be ready to trudge.

And then there were five:

http://collegespun.com/acc/duke/video-duke-unveils-2015-national-championship-banner-at-banquet

PallasAthena
08-13-2015, 05:26 PM

The sticker shock really got to me this year; I think you are right about the cost. Mr. PallasAthena said, "well that includes the Iron Dukes donation, right?" No. Not right.

I know it is not 1975 (when each season ticket was $80), but WOWZA. WOWZA.