PDA

View Full Version : Sharknado 3 OHN.....late to the party...

moonpie23
07-25-2015, 12:34 AM
The golden age of cinema.... really...

DukieInKansas
07-25-2015, 01:54 AM
I was worried that I wouldn't be able to follow it since I hadn't seen 1 or 2 but that didn't seem to be an issue.

Of course, I was really only interested in the opening scenes. The family is now on Oscar watch. :-D We expect to be going when the niece gets her nomination.

I will say that I laughed a lot during the portion I watched. Recreating the Iwo Jima flag raising to spear a shark cracked me up.

cspan37421
07-25-2015, 05:17 AM
I was at Fullsteam in Durham a few days ago (more like Fullsteamy in this weather and their lack of AC), and they had a Sharknado movie marathon going on (1, 2, and I guess #3 debuted on cable?). For #1, it was so bright in there I didn't even notice it was playing - you couldn't see the projection screen. By the time #2 was going, you could see the screen, but I was catching up with old friends and not paying attention. However, there were a few moments in which several viewers erupted in cheers. I'm not sure, but I think they were rooting for the sharks. :D

budwom
07-25-2015, 07:49 AM
a good friend of mine is an airline pilot for United, and I can assure you those guys are very very concerned about Sharknados. It's pretty traumatic when one of
your flight attendants gets eaten mid-flight. Messy, too.

OldPhiKap
07-25-2015, 08:11 AM
i did not see SN3 but was glad to hear that Camper Van Beethoven had two songs in the soundtrack.

94duke
07-25-2015, 09:10 AM
It's a great flick! I mean, c'mon, (mild spoiler...)

Rick Fox gets eaten in the first shark scene. You don't even have to watch the whole movie. ;)

CameronBornAndBred
07-25-2015, 09:20 AM
Once again, the cameos were all great. It's hard to keep track of them as the movie progresses, but tons of famous faces, some with only barely a line.
Easily, my favorite part was Frankie Muniz's heroic death scene...saves the day by a nose!

Olympic Fan
07-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Shouldn't we merge this thread with the Presidential race thread?

That one is consumed by the presidential run of a loud-mouthed billionaire with no political experience ... and in Sharknado 3, the president is a loud-mouthed billionaire with no political experience.

Is casting Mark Cuban as the president a commentary on you-know-who's presidential run! And with Ann Coulter as his VP -- seems like a pick Trump would make.

Seriously, the best part of the movie were all the famous cameos. Pretty sure Urkel got gobbled by a shark.

PS I hate to bring reality into the thing (I mean, Sharks attacking the space shuttle in orbit? C'mon), but I was wondering how David Hasselhoff got from floating in space beside a satellite to standing on the moon?

jimsumner
07-25-2015, 03:09 PM
a good friend of mine is an airline pilot for United, and I can assure you those guys are very very concerned about Sharknados. It's pretty traumatic when one of
your flight attendants gets eaten mid-flight. Messy, too.

And I thought we only had to worry about snakes on a plane.

BD80
07-25-2015, 03:46 PM
And I thought we only had to worry about snakes on a plane.

Oh that was just silly. There's some real science behind Sharknados. Similar to the science behind using a shark as a re-entry vehicle from Earth orbit and an astronaut abandoned in Earth orbit ending up on the moon's surface.

gurufrisbee
07-25-2015, 06:10 PM
I love the Sharknado franchise. I ordered some grilled fish, had some sour shark shaped candies, and settled in to the SyFy marathon Wednesday night and watched 1 and 2 again along with the premiere of the third one. They are awesome. The cameos are starting to verge on the side of being too many of them to even keep what little storyline they have around, so I'm a little worried for #4. I'm also concerned somehow the vote will go for #AprilLives instead of the obviously better choice of #AprilDies. But I'll be excited to watch it anyways next summer. They are so bad and so ridiculous, but keep hitting the highlights consistently while striving for some new ideas each time and are totally committed to it always. It's spectacular entertainment.

moonpie23
07-26-2015, 08:02 AM
Lavalantula!!!

the hits just keep on coming.....

moonpie23
07-26-2015, 10:05 AM
https://youtu.be/sdYcP0T95EI

cspan37421
07-26-2015, 11:57 AM
https://youtu.be/sdYcP0T95EI

Better get busy killin', or get busy dyin'.