PDA

View Full Version : UK's "Inadvertant" Recruiting Violation

BD80
07-23-2015, 07:24 AM
Really? What more could they have done?

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/kentucky-wildcats-drake-cease-and-desist-072215

Goodness gracious, they have even sent a "cease and desist" letter to rap "star" Drake.

"... Drake and his management team arrived at Rupp Arena prior to the [Big Blue Madness] tipoff and were advised that “NCAA rules prohibited the institution from arranging contact between him and the PSAs as this would be an NCAA violation.” After informing the three recruits in town for Big Blue Madness that they were not allowed to have contact with Drake, athletic directors went as far as trying to coordinate who would be in the hallways to ensure that they did not cross paths."

Ah, but best laid plans ...

"... the plan is said to have fallen apart at the seams when Drake reportedly headed to the Kentucky locker room to say goodbye to head coach John Calipari. The report says Drake ran into shooting guard commit Charles Matthews, who asked for a picture and posted it to social media ..."

The humorous part?

"The good news is that the recruits in question had already committed to the university, so the episode shouldn’t come back to bite either side ..."

Sure, sure. It was all an accident. Cool cal could NEVER have expected Drake to stop by and say "Bye" (cough) and run into recruits,

The harm has nothing to do with the message to future recruits: "Want a picture with Drake? Just come take a visit to our campus!" (cough)

superdave
07-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Really? What more could they have done?

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/kentucky-wildcats-drake-cease-and-desist-072215

Goodness gracious, they have even sent a "cease and desist" letter to rap "star" Drake.

"... Drake and his management team arrived at Rupp Arena prior to the [Big Blue Madness] tipoff and were advised that “NCAA rules prohibited the institution from arranging contact between him and the PSAs as this would be an NCAA violation.” After informing the three recruits in town for Big Blue Madness that they were not allowed to have contact with Drake, athletic directors went as far as trying to coordinate who would be in the hallways to ensure that they did not cross paths."

Ah, but best laid plans ...

"... the plan is said to have fallen apart at the seams when Drake reportedly headed to the Kentucky locker room to say goodbye to head coach John Calipari. The report says Drake ran into shooting guard commit Charles Matthews, who asked for a picture and posted it to social media ..."

The humorous part?

"The good news is that the recruits in question had already committed to the university, so the episode shouldn’t come back to bite either side ..."

Sure, sure. It was all an accident. Cool cal could NEVER have expected Drake to stop by and say "Bye" (cough) and run into recruits,

The harm has nothing to do with the message to future recruits: "Want a picture with Drake? Just come take a visit to our campus!" (cough)

So if Don Rickles tries to say hello to a recruit at Countdown, that's a potential violation just because he's a celeb? What about a local car dealer who is on tv? Is that a big enough celeb to be a violation? I guess I just dont get it. The Ncaa should maybe work on getting kids to show up at real, legitimate classes and write their own papers before worrying about what hallway Drake is standing in.

Neals384
07-23-2015, 12:43 PM
Here we go - UNC is getting out-recruited again. Isn't 'Ol Roy buddies with President Obama? After all, who does BHO always pick in his bracket? So if the President just happens to show up in the UNC locker room while recruits are there, well, golly gee, we didn't want that to happen, dadgummit. :cool:

PackMan97
07-23-2015, 01:38 PM
who is "Drake"? (Serious question)

rsvman
07-23-2015, 01:46 PM

He's a marginally talented, overly popular pop/hip-hop singer/rapper/all-around celeb type. I guess in the past couple of years his most popular song is "Started from the Bottom." Maybe? I don't really follow him.

Interestingly, high school kids have turned his name into an adjective, the meaning of which is not exactly complimentary. Essentially it means feminine. They say "That's so Drake," when they see a guy do something that's not considered manly. Makes me wonder how much of a recruiting advantage it is when kids are using his name in a derogatory manner. That plus the air ball he tossed up at UK's version of Midnight Madness last fall.......

SilkyJ
07-23-2015, 01:56 PM
He's a marginally talented, overly popular pop/hip-hop singer/rapper/all-around celeb type. I guess in the past couple of years his most popular song is "Started from the Bottom." Maybe? I don't really follow him.

Interestingly, high school kids have turned his name into an adjective, the meaning of which is not exactly complimentary. Essentially it means feminine. They say "That's so Drake," when they see a guy do something that's not considered manly. Makes me wonder how much of a recruiting advantage it is when kids are using his name in a derogatory manner. That plus the air ball he tossed up at UK's version of Midnight Madness last fall.......

I'll abstain from commenting on his talent or how deserving he is of his popularity, but he his a very famous, Canadian hip-hop singer and is a big Toronto Raptors fan. He's frequently courtside for their home games and is a big ambassador for the team. So much so that they Raptors have a new alternate uniform named/inspired by him. (http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/05/toronto-raptors-introduce-new-drake-inspired-jerseys/)

BD80
07-23-2015, 02:00 PM
... very famous, Canadian hip-hop singer and is a big Toronto Raptors fan. He's frequently courtside for their home games and is a big ambassador for the team. So much so that they Raptors have a new alternate uniform named/inspired by him. (http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/05/toronto-raptors-introduce-new-drake-inspired-jerseys/)

Drake drek?

Dev11
07-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Wait, has Drake been asleep since halftime of the second Final Four game this year? Why is he still hanging out in Lexington?

devildeac
07-23-2015, 02:14 PM
Wait, has Drake been asleep since halftime of the second Final Four game this year? Why is he still hanging out in Lexington?

Because K won't invite him and Bo don't like rent-a-rappers?:rolleyes:

MChambers
07-23-2015, 02:33 PM

Who is Don Rickles, and has anyone currently in high school heard of him?

alteran
07-24-2015, 04:38 PM
Who is Don Rickles, and has anyone currently in high school heard of him?

Just tell them he's Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story.

JNort
07-25-2015, 10:48 AM

Obviously his talent is a matter of opinion but he happens to be the biggest name in the hip hop/rap industry. Women love him and men/boys wanna be him.