PDA

View Full Version : Pickup games in the next couple weeks

mdj
07-20-2015, 02:05 PM
A question for the students and locals. I'm going to be in Pinehurst area with my family at the end of July and hope to make it to Durham. Anybody know if the guys still play pickup games that are open to the public and if anyone is in town this time of year? Many moons ago I remember watching an 18yo Corey Magatte take on Grant Hill at Card Gym. Would love for my kids to get to see some of that action.

BD80
07-20-2015, 02:17 PM
A question for the students and locals. I'm going to be in Pinehurst area with my family at the end of July and hope to make it to Durham. Anybody know if the guys still play pickup games that are open to the public and if anyone is in town this time of year? Many moons ago I remember watching an 18yo Corey Magatte take on Grant Hill at Card Gym. Would love for my kids to get to see some of that action.

You don't your kids to witness what Sean Obi will do to other players in pick-up games.

Think Shark Week.

Think Zombie Shark. No, worse: Sharktopus vs Whale Wolf.

wilson
07-20-2015, 03:02 PM
I heard Horvath has already scored 50.

roywhite
07-20-2015, 03:37 PM

Yeah, I saw some high quality pick up action like that years ago, too. It's generally not available, especially since construction of the adjoining practice facility, where admittance is very limited.

Summer league games to view at other spots in Durham may be possible, though I don't know the particulars.