PDA

View Full Version : Special DBR Podcast with SHANE BATTIER and a chance to play golf with Shane

JasonEvans
07-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Ummm, wow!! We somehow convinced our favorite Dukie of all time, Shane Battier, to join us on the podcast. It was an amazing interview that includes some remarkable insight about college and pro hoops as well as a few truly fabulous stories.

Plus, Shane wants everyone to know about a charitable contest he is having where you can win a trip to South Florida to play a round of golf at PGA National with Shane!! Go sign up now because the contest (which is connected to the British Open) closes Thursday. Links to sign up can be found below.

Click here to listen. (https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/podcast-battier-7-10-final)

0:15 – Introduction to Episode #31… featuring Shane Battier
1:10 – Jason explains how Shane came on the podcast
3:30 – Shane tells us about his charitable contest at DraftKings.com to win a trip to South Florida to play a round of golf with Shane (https://www.draftkings.com/lp/take-charge-foundation)
6:10 – We ask Shane about the transition from basketball to being a “normal person.”
9:30 – Donald wants to know about the “mind of a champion.” What does Shane say is the key to success?
11:25 – Who was Shane’s favorite teammate (other than Mike Dunleavy)
13:45 – What is next for Shane? Politics? Technology?
15:45 – Sam asks about the NBA and the way it has changed over the years. Which modern player is valuable today but would not have been very valuable when Shane’s career started?
17:45 – Shane’s highest scoring season of his NBA career was his rookie season. How did Shane evolve into the “No-Stat All-Star”?
20:40 – Should Shane get credit for being the pioneer of the “3 and D” player?
21:50 – Sam is amazed that Shane was so rarely voted to the All-NBA Defensive team. Shane is kinda amazed too.
23:40 – Should Coach K get credit for the invention of “positionless basketball”?
26:35 – Jason wants to know why Duke isn’t known as an elite defensive team any more.
28:45 – Shane talks about how connected he is to Duke… there is a right time to call Coach K and a time to leave him alone!
30:15 – Jason asks Shane for his best Coach K story… it involves K turning out the lights in the locker room.
32:30 – Shane tells a story about life in the NBA and why his teammates said the strangest things
33:40 – Shane gives us his assessment of the 2015-16 Blue Devils… do they have a chance to cut down the nets again?
35:35 – Jason wants to know if Shane will become a poster on the DBR Boards
36:50 – We say goodbye number one to Shane
38:10 – Actually, it wasn’t goodbye. Sam wants to know more about the Coach K candle game
40:30 – Jason laments not winning the title in 1999 and Shane agrees
42:25 – The interview is now really over and we talk about our favorite moments and insights from our chat with Daddy Battier
50:15 – We wonder which amazing Duke guest will be next on the DBR Podcast and dream of what it would be like to interview Coach K
52:20 – Goodbye and make sure you enter Shane’s contest at DraftKings.com (https://www.draftkings.com/lp/take-charge-foundation)

-Jason "so, faithful listeners, what was your favorite part of the interview?" Evans

gurufrisbee
07-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Another great show. I've never been big into listening to podcasts (which seems weird now to type since I co-host one), but I have enjoyed listening to several of yours. Battier is one of my all time favorite Blue Devils, so that was very cool. I really enjoyed the part where he talked about his favorite teammates. If anything, I wish there had been a little more focus on memories when he was at Duke. I enjoy those stories a lot. Not just about Coach K - about any of it. Can't wait to see the next guest star (personally I'd love a Amaker/Dawkins/Alarie guy with some early Duke stories). Keep up the good work.

blazindw
07-10-2015, 06:58 PM
You never know who's going to drop by the DBR Podcast to chat with us! Nolan, Shane...who's next?! :)

Dev11
07-10-2015, 07:24 PM
This episode was brought to you by Santa Fe Java Stout, which I was drinking while we recorded reactions.

I never thought I'd call Shane Battier a liar to his face, but that happened.

fidel
07-10-2015, 09:30 PM
OMG so cool. You guys rock.

JasonEvans
07-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Reminder... only a few days left to sign up for Shane's charity fantasy golf tournament on Draft Kings. Win a trip to Florida to play a round of golf with Shane!!

https://www.draftkings.com/lp/take-charge-foundation

-Jason "who ya got?" Evans