PDA

View Full Version : A good picture

goodchristian
03-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Which I believe shows it was an accident. Notice how out of control hendo is, he did not have his balance.

http://media.newsobserver.com/smedia/2007/03/06/04/885-reg-1565259-1001656.embedded.prod_affiliate.3.jpg

Chard
03-06-2007, 02:59 PM
That looks like something out of a video game. Henderson can hop!

elvis14
03-06-2007, 03:00 PM
That looks like something out of a video game. Henderson can hop!

That's one of the things that has struck me several times as I've seen video and pictures of "the incident". Henderson was really up there. He was really going to send that ball into the 10th row. I'd love to set him on my volleyball team!

vango
03-06-2007, 04:18 PM
The play he made earlier in the game where he "caught" a jumpshot in the air (but the shooter was fouled) was impressive. I think he did that against MD (somebody at home recently as I recall) but there was a foul on that play as well. Stunning ability and timing...

rthomas
03-06-2007, 04:35 PM
I think it was earlier in the same Carolina game. Unfortunately, Paulus (I think) was called for a foul. But it was very impressive.

gep
03-06-2007, 04:39 PM
That picture is interesting... not to belabor the incident, but his fist does appear clenched, and it does look like he might have just popped TH with the closed fist. So many views, so many interpretations... as others, I just hope all this negativity doesn't affect GH in the future.

LetItBD08
03-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I'd love to set him on my volleyball team!

There were a few blocks that G had this year where my friends and I commented that they seemed more like volleyball spikes. I'm not positive, but I believe he had two huge ones against UNC-G where the setup seemed strikingly similar to what he tried toward the end of the game Sunday. Unfortunately, the ball wasn't there for the monster spike, and we all know what ensued.

Edited: Now that I think about it, I think it was the Georgia Southern game. ESPN only says he had one block that day (they also say he's never had more than 1 in a game), but I'm almost positive that those two huge blocks occurred in the same game.

phaedrus
03-06-2007, 05:18 PM
That picture is interesting... not to belabor the incident, but his fist does appear clenched, and it does look like he might have just popped TH with the closed fist.

you either have spectacular vision or a keen imagination, because there's no way i can see his fist.

gep
03-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Sorry... no spectaular vision or keen imagination... just imagination, I guess. At first glance, that's what it appeared like. Others, especially the anti-Duke crowd, may also see it that way too. By the way, in all of the replays that I saw, I don't think I ever saw a clenched fist... in fact, it did look like a volleyball spike.