PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to your Mt. Hatemore representatives!

FerryFor50
07-09-2015, 09:56 AM
You did it! You made the cut. You are one of the four biggest haters of an institution deserving of whatever vitriol comes its way. You worked hard for this honor, and likely have shaved years off your life expectancy with stress and the high blood pressure Pavlovian responses to baby blue.

Without further ado, your top 4 haters, in order of top votes.

1) OZZIE4DUKE
2) devildeac
3) Weezie
4) Throatybeard

Newton_14, your contributions have not gone unnoticed, as you just barely missed the cut.

Moonpie_23, Packman97 - you need to turn the hate up a notch.

The rest of you? Psh. :)

Congrats to the winners! Your prize? I think timmy c promised to make you a photoshop graphic. :)

I can also make a badge of honor you can place in your sig/avatar, if you like.

swood1000
07-09-2015, 10:12 AM
All hail.

FerryFor50
07-09-2015, 10:29 AM
You did it! You made the cut. You are one of the four biggest haters of an institution deserving of whatever vitriol comes its way. You worked hard for this honor, and likely have shaved years off your life expectancy with stress and the high blood pressure Pavlovian responses to baby blue.

1) OZZIE4DUKE
2) devildeac
3) Weezie
4) Throatybeard

Newton_14, your contributions have not gone unnoticed, as you just barely missed the cut.

Congrats to the winners! Your prize? I think timmy c promised to make you a photoshop graphic. :)

Your badge awaits you:

devildeac
07-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Your badge awaits you:

Outstanding. Well done. Weezie might be a tad upset when she sees the avatar as last time I saw her, she didn't have a moustache:p.

swood1000
07-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Your badge awaits you:

Perhaps a motto:

Instigo per acuitem

(Incite through insight)

chrishoke
07-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Ozzie made #1, but I know for a fact that he hated Coach Roper's play calling more than he hated UNC.:mad:

devildeac
07-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Ozzie made #1, but I know for a fact that he hated Coach Roper's play calling more than he hated UNC.:mad:

Never! (:rolleyes:)

OldPhiKap
07-09-2015, 01:35 PM
I guess that makes Newton_14 the Geronimo carving just down the road from Rushmore?

weezie
07-09-2015, 07:40 PM
I owe it all to you, my fellow loving haters. Truly, I couldn't have made it to this pinnacle of achievement without your support and your endless supply of laughs and snappy comments. What a fun ride!

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Mt. Hatemore Official "Big Bag Of Nothing" that Ferryfor50 promised the "winners" would receive. I pledge to keep it full to the brim with disdain and condescension towards the unwashed in baby blue.

Here come the tears of joy....:cool:

Indoor66
07-09-2015, 08:15 PM
I can only say that If Nominated I Will Not Run and If Elected I Will Not Serve.

moonpie23
07-09-2015, 09:52 PM
thank you all for allowing me to be part of this. It made me proud. Congrats to the winners.....bronzed on the mountain it shall be!!!!

Edouble
07-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Shouldn't it be Mt. Hatemost?

CameronBlue
07-10-2015, 01:36 AM
I guess that makes Newton_14 the Geronimo carving just down the road from Rushmore?

There's a special distinction to being an outcast from this group and N14 is too much the anti-hero to be part of any clique.

CPDUKEGUY24
07-10-2015, 01:54 AM
Congrats to the finalists, a very prestigious and well deserved honor! :cool:

OldPhiKap
07-10-2015, 07:24 AM
There's a special distinction to being an outcast from this group and N14 is too much the anti-hero to be part of any clique.

So, maybe N_14 turns evil superhero like in The Incredibles?

In any event, he deserves a statue somewhere.

OZZIE4DUKE
07-10-2015, 08:01 AM
Your badge awaits you:

http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifI am honored beyond words! http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif
May the hate continue for many years to come! Congrats to my fellow (and fella!) electees! http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

Ima Facultiwyfe
07-10-2015, 08:21 AM
You can't fool me. Those are still the same ol' guys up there. The winners' likenesses need to be shopped in.
Love, Ima

timmy c
07-10-2015, 09:15 AM
You can't fool me. Those are still the same ol' guys up there. The winners' likenesses need to be shopped in.
Love, Ima

Congrats to the winners. (I think)

devildeac
07-10-2015, 10:19 AM
I already posted my thank you in the poll thread but didn't want that to go unnoticed so again, a humble post of appreciation for all those who came here and voted (no matter how many times:eek:). I am truly honored to have been elected to DBR's Mt. Hatemore and I will endeavor to keep that level of loathing for all things tarheelian at its peak throughout basketball, football, soccer, lacrosse or whatever sports season or off season it may be. May they forever reside in Hades.

swood1000
07-10-2015, 10:51 AM
I already posted my thank you in the poll thread but didn't want that to go unnoticed so again, a humble post of appreciation for all those who came here and voted (no matter how many times:eek:). I am truly honored to have been elected to DBR's Mt. Hatemore and I will endeavor to keep that level of loathing for all things tarheelian at its peak throughout basketball, football, soccer, lacrosse or whatever sports season or off season it may be. May they forever reside in Hades.
I just hope that HateGate doesn't rear its ugly head at some inopportune time in the future, just when we are most in need of strong and decisive action from the Tribunal. I'm sure there's nothing to it - just a few easily-explained anomalies. I give no credence to the rumors of a conspiracy of silence, and I oppose the call to name a Special Prosecutor.

Tripping William
07-10-2015, 12:09 PM
I just hope that HateGate doesn't rear its ugly head at some inopportune time in the future, just when we are most in need of strong and decisive action from the Tribunal. I'm sure there's nothing to it - just a few easily-explained anomalies. I give no credence to the rumors of a conspiracy of silence, and I oppose the call to name a Special Prosecutor.

I've heard rumors of hanging chads, but I'm sure David Boies and Ted Olson will get to the bottom of it.

Dr. Rosenrosen
07-10-2015, 02:28 PM
If you've taught your 9 year old to refer to Raymond Felton as "Fatburger" do you get honorable mention here?

devildeac
07-10-2015, 04:04 PM
If you've taught your 9 year old to refer to Raymond Felton as "Fatburger" do you get honorable mention here?

We'll see if we can have you appointed to a special committee, perhaps something like the Sean May Hunger Prevention Task Force:o.

swood1000
07-10-2015, 04:28 PM
My attitude toward the Holeans has a tendency to veer off toward contempt and pity. How does one go about maintaining a correct attitude?

devildeac
07-10-2015, 05:48 PM
My attitude toward the Holeans has a tendency to veer off toward contempt and pity. How does one go about maintaining a correct attitude?

Contempt will work nicely.

When you consider pity, think whether you'd have been happier if it had been 92-50 instead of 82-50. That might help some. If not, I'll have some more thoughts tonight or in the am after a couple Ymm, Beers and/or a blissful 6-8 hours of sleep.;)

It would also be interesting and valuable to see what the other elected reps had to say.

weezie
07-10-2015, 08:43 PM

What are you saying?! Pity for the holeans?! I'm staggered at just your formulation of the possibility.
Contempt, all well and good. Actually, a classy cousin of hate.

But pity?!! The mind reels. I simply do not understand. Must be the boredom of no active college hoops to watch.

Start sculpting animals out of soap bars, that might help soothe your mind.

Indoor66
07-11-2015, 08:08 AM
What are you saying?! Pity for the holeans?! I'm staggered at just your formulation of the possibility.

But pity?!! The mind reels. I simply do not understand. Must be the boredom of no active college hoops to watch.

And if the carving doesn't solve the issue, eat the carving scraps to clean your mind. :cool:

NYBri
07-11-2015, 08:49 AM

This response is one of a champion.

NYBri
07-11-2015, 08:51 AM
... And a hearty 9f to the finalists.

swood1000
07-11-2015, 04:13 PM

Cannot showing an opponent that one pities him or her be a most effective form of disparagement? Mustn’t one have a variety of approaches at one’s command depending upon the needs of the situation?

OldPhiKap
07-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Cannot showing an opponent that one pities him or her be a most effective form of disparagement? Mustn’t one have a variety of approaches at one’s command depending upon the needs of the situation?

As anyone who lives in the South can attest, perhaps the most cutting comment you can make about someone is -- "bless his little heart."

weezie
07-13-2015, 08:12 AM

Yes, indeed, that is an excellent retort. Of course, you're allowing the holeians a wide measure of emotional awareness in recognizing the true nature of your pity. As so many of them show the mental capacity of knuckle-draggers, there is a slight risk that they may actually feel better after your condolences.
That's not the goal up here on Mt Hatemore. :cool:

Of course, you can really sell the whole wide-eyed, "My goodness, J. Tatum sure looks like a terrific youngster, doesn't he?!!!"
Salt on wounds, swood1000, salt on wounds....

Indoor66
07-13-2015, 08:29 AM
Yes, indeed, that is an excellent retort. Of course, you're allowing the holeians a wide measure of emotional awareness in recognizing the true nature of your pity. As so many of them show the mental capacity of knuckle-draggers, there is a slight risk that they may actually feel better after your condolences.
That's not the goal up here on Mt Hatemore. :cool:

Of course, you can really sell the whole wide-eyed, "My goodness, J. Tatum sure looks like a terrific youngster, doesn't he?!!!"
Salt on wounds, swood1000, salt on wounds....

The salt might be better used to sow into the earth of the demolished dump.

PackMan97
07-13-2015, 10:40 AM
I blame the DBR community. You guys don't hate Carolina enough for me to share my true feelings with you.

devildeac
07-13-2015, 10:47 AM
I blame the DBR community. You guys don't hate Carolina enough for me to share my true feelings with you.

You could always PM the Mt. Hatemore electees. I'd bet we could find you a prominent position for you on one of our Loathing or Scorn committees;).

captmojo
07-13-2015, 11:32 AM

You take the time to capitalize caro...harumph, caroli...harumph, caro...I just can't write it.

New title, unsee.

weezie
07-13-2015, 06:25 PM

I don't think we have the capacity to respond only in emoji here.....

Duvall
07-13-2015, 06:41 PM
If there's any interest in a DBR Emeritus Award for Lifetime Excellence in the Field of UNC Hate, I nominate James C. Armstrong, who was a leader in the field when the Internet was still new and relatively innocent.

OZZIE4DUKE
07-14-2015, 04:40 AM
If there's any interest in a DBR Emeritus Award for Lifetime Excellence in the Field of UNC Hate, I nominate James C. Armstrong, who was a leader in the field when the Internet was still new and relatively innocent.
I second the nomination. After all, it was James who first uttered the chant "Air ball!" at the 7-0 half, 47-40 final score game in Cameron!

Clay Feet POF
07-14-2015, 09:24 AM

This man is a Missionary.

Indoor66
07-14-2015, 09:39 AM
This man is a Missionary.

Possibly a candidate for Canonization.

devildeac
07-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Possibly a candidate for Canonization.

And unc would be a good candidate for cannonade;).

swood1000
07-14-2015, 03:13 PM
And unc would be a good candidate for cannonade;).
Or cannon fodder.

PackMan97
07-14-2015, 03:24 PM
You could always PM the Mt. Hatemore electees. I'd bet we could find you a prominent position for you on one of our Loathing or Scorn committees;).

Naw. I'm a State fan...I have to blame the loss on someone else. I wonder who the ref was for this poll? It's all his fault!

lotusland
07-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Well I didn't want to start yet another UNC thread so I'll pile on here. According to yahoo ty Lawson picked up another DUI. Better yet the article linked to a video of Lawson on draft night smoking a hookah while live streaming comentary about the draft. Sucks to be a Heels fan now which is awesome.

I hope to elevate my Heel hate to Hatemore level in the event that the rock chiseler feels froggy again.

Duke95
07-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Ty Lawson now has as many DUIs as UNC's basketball team will soon have NCAA titles.

devildeac
10-26-2015, 10:37 PM
It's now become a legacy/second generation event. After our son had some communication w/unc earlier today, he sent us this:

#GTHCGTH

It took him a while, but he finally learned.

We won't be attending the Duke-Miami game due to work obligations, but stop by our tent at the Pitt game and bring a brew or three to sip/share. The stories will be there...

Good time to go BTTT and good time to say, "Go Pitt." (but just this week, of course;))

left_hook_lacey
12-16-2015, 01:01 PM
When will the next Mt. Hatemore election be held? I think I might be an up and coming candidate. Some office co-workers(UNC guys) of mine almost managed to get me banned from DBR. It's on!!!!!!!

Indoor66
12-16-2015, 01:14 PM
When will the next Mt. Hatemore election be held? I think I might be an up and coming candidate. Some office co-workers(UNC guys) of mine almost managed to get me banned from DBR. It's on!!!!!!!

I am sure if there is a transitive affect in Mt. Hatemore qualification. I will await those more knowledgeable than me to chime in. :cool:

weezie
12-16-2015, 01:40 PM
What's this?
As the Mt. is now a famed tourist site, carved in granite, I think removing the original profiles would not be cost effective. Think of all the t-shirts that would have to be sent overseas. Lots of carbon impact there...

But, a Hall of Fame, built at the bottom of the Mt., with a big parking lot and snack stand, that sounds very doable. A job-creator too.

devildeac
12-16-2015, 01:59 PM
What's this?
As the Mt. is now a famed tourist site, carved in granite, I think removing the original profiles would not be cost effective. Think of all the t-shirts that would have to be sent overseas. Lots of carbon impact there...

But, a Hall of Fame, built at the bottom of the Mt., with a big parking lot and snack stand, that sounds very doable. A job-creator too.

I second my esteemed co-habitant's suggestions.

Indoor66
12-16-2015, 02:01 PM
I second my esteemed co-habitant's suggestions.

Kinda like making it into the Cameron Concourse?

devildeac
12-16-2015, 02:06 PM

Exactly.

Lar77
12-16-2015, 02:10 PM

As an unworthy admirer of Mt Hatemore, I too endorse the Mt. Hatemore Concourse. There are too many great moments on DBR to recognize. Will the snack stand include Highway 55? If so, I'm all in.

weezie
12-16-2015, 02:13 PM
As an unworthy admirer of Mt Hatemore, I too endorse the Mt. Hatemore Concourse...

Piffle! There are no unworthy admirers of The Mt. Step forward and become "Sir Lar77" and congratulations...:D

devildeac
12-16-2015, 02:26 PM
As an unworthy admirer of Mt Hatemore, I too endorse the Mt. Hatemore Concourse. There are too many great moments on DBR to recognize. Will the snack stand include Highway 55? If so, I'm all in.

Piffle! There are no unworthy admirers of The Mt. Step forward and become "Sir Lar77" and congratulations...:D

Might even have to include a fine ale imbibed with the stone-faced inhabitants...

Lar77
12-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Might even have to include a fine ale imbibed with the stone-faced inhabitants...

Ah, now methinks we are talking.:cool:

OldPhiKap
12-16-2015, 08:22 PM
Phht. I am shooting for being the DBR (Cameron) Crazy Horse Monument. Keystone is a tourist trap, the greater Custer/Hill City area is the REAL Black Hills.

Move it to Spearfish, and I would be as happy as a Rocky Mountain Oyster.

Indoor66
12-17-2015, 07:44 AM
Phht. I am shooting for being the DBR (Cameron) Crazy Horse Monument. Keystone is a tourist trap, the greater Custer/Hill City area is the REAL Black Hills.

Move it to Spearfish, and I would be as happy as a Rocky Mountain Oyster.

That ain't real happy but Spearfish rocks.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-17-2015, 08:19 AM
I look forward to being one of the first tourists to visit this momument to righteous disdain. Can we have overpriced t-shirts? (My parents went to Mt. Hatemore and all I got was this lousy shirt) How about patches? Hats? Flattened pennies? Some sort of memorabilia...

Can one use their National Parks passport to get in?

NYBri
12-17-2015, 08:47 AM
I look forward to being one of the first tourists to visit this momument to righteous disdain. Can we have overpriced t-shirts? (My parents went to Mt. Hatemore and all I got was this lousy shirt) How about patches? Hats? Flattened pennies? Some sort of memorabilia...

Can one use their National Parks passport to get in?

A Mt. Hatemore patch design that could second as an avatar I'm sure is not beyond the graphic skills of some here on the board.

I would recommend that only the original 4 finalists could use it, but I'm liking an annual Hall of Fame addition for the concourse concept.

Do we have an ad hoc set of rules and voting terms suggestion?

Ima Facultiwyfe
12-17-2015, 10:11 AM
A Mt. Hatemore patch design that could second as an avatar I'm sure is not beyond the graphic skills of some here on the board.

I would recommend that only the original 4 finalists could use it, but I'm liking an annual Hall of Fame addition for the concourse concept.

Do we have an ad hoc set of rules and voting terms suggestion?

I tried to work up a Mt. Hatemore logo for buttons this year, but the winners did not all cooperate with pictures of their heads I could photoshop. The rule I would add for the next election would be that all entrants would have to submit mugshots to be elegible.
Love, Ima

weezie
12-17-2015, 10:40 AM
I prefer the mystery that true beauty always projects. Not so sure about the other three though :cool:

devildeac
12-17-2015, 11:38 AM
I tried to work up a Mt. Hatemore logo for buttons this year, but the winners did not all cooperate with pictures of their heads I could photoshop. The rule I would add for the next election would be that all entrants would have to submit mugshots to be elegible.
Love, Ima

You see two of the members of the Mt. regularly at tailgates and I for one was never asked to pose for any photo ops :(. We'll have to get the esteemed weezie to join us next year for the photo shoot. Throaty lives a million miles away but has family "in the area" so perhaps we could lure him here with that chance and a few ribs and brews...

devildeac
12-17-2015, 11:39 AM
I prefer the mystery that true beauty always projects. Not so sure about the other three though :cool:

I'd guess the rest of us just have rocks in our head or take our beautiful countenances for granite...

swood1000
12-17-2015, 01:18 PM
I'd guess the rest of us just have rocks in our head or take our beautiful countenances for granite...
I guess it's natural to assume that they would have boulder over.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-17-2015, 09:31 PM
Love, Ima

You see two of the members of the Mt. regularly at tailgates and I for one was never asked to pose for any photo ops :(. We'll have to get the esteemed weezie to join us next year for the photo shoot. Throaty lives a million miles away but has family "in the area" so perhaps we could lure him here with that chance and a few ribs and brews...

I sent Ima my photo as soon as she requested it. I am disappointed in my fellow enshrine-ees that they haven't done so. I think it would be a neat button and avatar to have!

WiJoe
04-03-2016, 02:52 PM

1) OZZIE4DUKE
2) devildeac
3) Weezie
4) Throatybeard

include me

wsb3
04-03-2016, 05:54 PM
While conceding in many ways UNC has had everything fall their way this post season there is the part of me that thinks would it not be wonderful if after making it all the way to the NC that they lose which would hurt that much more. Then sanctions..ban for the next 3 seasons..banners removed.

PS

I hate them & I have hated them since I was seven.

-jk
04-03-2016, 06:21 PM

Poseur! For some of us, it's in the DNA.

:D

-jk

wsb3
04-05-2016, 07:24 AM
While conceding in many ways UNC has had everything fall their way this post season there is the part of me that thinks would it not be wonderful if after making it all the way to the NC that they lose which would hurt that much more. Then sanctions..ban for the next 3 seasons..banners removed.

PS

STEP ONE:cool:

devildeac
04-05-2016, 07:49 AM
STEP ONE:cool:

It's a long journey...

OldPhiKap
02-05-2023, 12:30 PM
Drinking a beer for each of our Mt. Hatemore reps today.

Native
02-05-2023, 12:31 PM
Drinking a beer for each of our Mt. Hatemore reps today.

You’re a bit behind the times, OPK… I, for one, took care of this last night. :p

(The headache I’m nursing today is well worth it.)

OldPhiKap
02-05-2023, 12:34 PM
You’re a bit behind the times, OPK… I, for one, took care of this last night. :p

(The headache I’m nursing today is well worth it.)

Wait — it’s morning already?

weezie
02-05-2023, 11:06 PM
What a treat to see this thread resurrected! :cool:

roywhite
02-06-2023, 12:04 AM
What a treat to see this thread resurrected! :cool:

Yeah, agree. Some great posters there and what better to celebrate than a win over the evil empire from Orange County.

Any updates on devildeac? He is missed.

AZLA
02-06-2023, 12:17 AM

1) OZZIE4DUKE
2) devildeac
3) Weezie
4) Throatybeard

Rigged

OldPhiKap
02-06-2023, 07:26 AM
Yeah, agree. Some great posters there and what better to celebrate than a win over the evil empire from Orange County.

He is alive and well, residing on Deeber and CrazieTalk these days. I’ll give him your regards (or jump over and do so yourself!)

All four were board icons when I joined, and it’s been awhile since I joined. Each deserves the honor.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-06-2023, 07:32 AM

He is alive and well, residing on Deeber and CrazieTalk these days. I’ll give him your regards (or jump over and do so yourself!)

All four were board icons when I joined, and it’s been awhile since I joined. Each deserves the honor.
Thank you! Thank you very much! And May I add GTHcGTH!

OldPhiKap
02-06-2023, 07:38 AM
May I add GTHcGTH!

I would be disappointed if you did not. ;-)