PDA

View Full Version : Custom Duke Jerseys

flyingdutchdevil
07-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Anyone know where I can find a custom Duke basketball jersey (authentic)? I'm looking for '12' with 'Winslow'. Gift for the wife.

I'm having issues finding one online. Can only seem to find Okafor and Tyus jerseys.

Thanks in advanced!

mailman2927
07-08-2015, 05:39 PM
try aliexpress.com and search for the player you want

Newton_14
07-08-2015, 10:07 PM

Great site! Thanks for that! Ordering a Black Winlsow #12 and a Home White #3 Allen. Great prices too!! (Anywhere from $16 to $24 bucks! Woot Woot!)

DU82
07-09-2015, 06:49 AM

There is no way this site could be authorized to sell these by Duke. Current student/athlete's names cannot be on items for sale. I assume from some of the writing on the website that this is in China, where respect for copyright and trademarks is less than desirable. (Any of our lawyers want to chime in here?)

El_Diablo
07-09-2015, 07:37 AM
There is no way this site could be authorized to sell these by Duke. Current student/athlete's names cannot be on items for sale. I assume from some of the writing on the website that this is in China, where respect for copyright and trademarks is less than desirable. (Any of our lawyers want to chime in here?)

Yeah, the jerseys on that site are clearly counterfeit. But the quality for some of the jersey appears to be passable, at least.

flyingdutchdevil
07-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Yeah, the jerseys on that site are clearly counterfeit. But the quality for some of the jersey appears to be passable, at least.

I hope they're passable. My wife can't be seen as the cheap Dukie at games!

superdave
07-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Please report back on the quality. I may buy one if you all think they are pretty good.

Native
07-09-2015, 11:04 AM
I assume from some of the writing on the website that this is in China, where respect for copyright and trademarks is less than desirable. (Any of our lawyers want to chime in here?)

No lawyer here, but you're on the money. AliExpress is part of the Alibaba e-commerce conglomerate, which is based in China. The best analogy I can give is Amazon.com from China.

And yes, they've had legal issues with counterfeit products on their site in the past (http://for.tn/1S0yNIx).

flyingdutchdevil
07-09-2015, 11:43 AM
No lawyer here, but you're on the money. AliExpress is part of the Alibaba e-commerce conglomerate, which is based in China. The best analogy I can give is Amazon.com from China.

And yes, they've had legal issues with counterfeit products on their site in the past (http://for.tn/1S0yNIx).

Oh, there is no question in my mind that these are counterfeit. The question is, "how good are the counterfeits?" Are they your a) blue mesh with poor stitching, b) solid Duke blue / white jerseys with fairly accurate details and good stitching, or c) stolen from the Nike factory somewhere in Asia and the only difference is that they weren't sold by Nike?

That's what I'll find out in a week.

yancem
07-09-2015, 12:47 PM
Oh, there is no question in my mind that these are counterfeit. The question is, "how good are the counterfeits?" Are they your a) blue mesh with poor stitching, b) solid Duke blue / white jerseys with fairly accurate details and good stitching, or c) stolen from the Nike factory somewhere in Asia and the only difference is that they weren't sold by Nike?

Definitely report back on the quality. I also wonder if there is a way to get a custom Duke jersey. I found a small vendor that put my name and number on a "Duke jersey" a few years back and the quality isn't bad (it's actually pretty nice) but it clearly isn't a modern Duke jersey. I would love to get the away jersey with the chapel embossing with my name and number on it. I know you can buy a real jersey and have your name added but it's not worth it if the lettering doesn't match perfectly and they don't sell my preferred number so I would have to change that as well.

yancem
07-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Definitely report back on the quality. I also wonder if there is a way to get a custom Duke jersey. I found a small vendor that put my name and number on a "Duke jersey" a few years back and the quality isn't bad (it's actually pretty nice) but it clearly isn't a modern Duke jersey. I would love to get the away jersey with the chapel embossing with my name and number on it. I know you can buy a real jersey and have your name added but it's not worth it if the lettering doesn't match perfectly and they don't sell my preferred number so I would have to change that as well.

Actually, I just searched the site more closely and you can do any name or number, so I really want to know if the quality is decent!!!!

mailman2927
07-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Actually, I just searched the site more closely and you can do any name or number, so I really want to know if the quality is decent!!!!

my cousin is the one who introduced me to this site. he has purchased two jersies and said they are very good.

DU82
07-09-2015, 04:19 PM

I figured the real question would be "should I buy something from this company, who is clearly cheating the system, and therefore Duke."

Similar, I guess, to buying Duke gear from UNC.

flyingdutchdevil
07-09-2015, 04:28 PM
I figured the real question would be "should I buy something from this company, who is clearly cheating the system, and therefore Duke."

I justify it by my wife and I spending over $600K in Duke tuition in addition to our yearly endowment donations.

Edouble
07-09-2015, 06:44 PM
I justify it by my wife and I spending over $600K in Duke tuition in addition to our yearly endowment donations.

Agreed. If you feel bad about ordering one of these inexpensive jerseys, simply price out the Duke Store version, subtract the cost of the imitation jersey, and send that money to the annual fund.

brevity
07-09-2015, 06:54 PM

Setting aside that issue of lost revenue for the rights holder, unlicensed gear also provides no assurances about following proper manufacturing laws. Namely, child labor: tiny fingers mean good stitching.

Before I travel too far on this guilt trip, I should point out that lawfully licensed gear can also (unknowingly) run into similar child labor problems when subcontracting to overseas factories. Which means the buyer is paying proper retail with improper markup.

Native
07-09-2015, 08:35 PM

Hah! Yeah, I should've put more emphasis on the "legal issues" part of my response rather than the "counterfeit" part of my response. Seemed like that's what DU82 was looking for.

superdave
07-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Has anyone gotten their jerseys yet? Any feedback on quality? Is your body stained blue from the running dye?

MChambers
07-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Is your body stained blue from the running dye?
Would that be bad, to have your body stained Duke blue? Seems like lots of kids do it.

Furniture
07-15-2015, 08:31 PM
I got a USA soccer jersey from aliexpress before. Good quality but it is if anything a bit tight. I just ordered large. I didn't check the measurements that each of these sites usually publish though. I suspect that if I did I would have got an XL. I still wear it though.
Cheers.

Blue KevIL
07-16-2015, 07:36 PM
I got a USA soccer jersey from aliexpress before. Good quality but it is if anything a bit tight. I just ordered large. I didn't check the measurements that each of these sites usually publish though. I suspect that if I did I would have got an XL. I still wear it though.
Cheers.

I wholeheartedly agree that the sizes are off by 1 to 1.5 sizes. I'm a big guy, but normal 3XL jerseys & t-shirts are loose on me. The Duke jersey I ordered (3XL) was tight fitting (think Chris-Farley-as-Christian-Laettner tight). Same issue with the Blackhawks jerseys I ordered.

I have a number of Duke jerseys that are real Nike's and not knock-offs. I can attest that the quality of the material & stitching on this jersey seems decent. Now, that opinion may be different after a wash or two.

Just my 2098 cents. (Yes, for me, it was worth $20.98 to check it out).

superdave
09-06-2015, 12:57 PM
I got an XL #12 Winslow jersey in road blue from AliExpress. It's pretty good quality for the $15 or so I paid for it. I will probably wear it around the house for big games, so wont be washing it a ton, so hopefully it doesnt wear out. There's some stray threads sticking out and it doesnt feel like the $150 version. You can only really tell the difference by turning it inside out and seeing the threading.

revmel53
09-07-2015, 07:18 AM
Ordered a Grayson Allen jersey for my son, and a Packer jersey for me. Pretty good quality. Certainly for the price. Comes from China, or course. Happy game days ahead!

sagegrouse
09-07-2015, 08:58 AM
Ordered a Grayson Allen jersey for my son, and a Packer jersey for me. Pretty good quality. Certainly for the price. Comes from China, or course. Happy game days ahead!

You found a Billy Packer Wake Forest jersey? From 1961? Wow!

devildeac
09-07-2015, 10:53 AM

Yep, I've seen these. Comes with this on the back:

Indoor66
09-07-2015, 03:28 PM
How do you spell Packer? Curmudgeon.

brevity
09-07-2015, 04:05 PM

Yep, I've seen these. Comes with this on the back:

Nice try, but the writer of this 2014 tweet (https://twitter.com/JPskinz/status/449759006307778561) felt that Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery have the comparison all sewn up:

Even though it was a joke, a custom Billy Packer jersey is an amazing idea. Probably just needs to say PACKER on the back to drive home the point, but if you want to try something creative instead, I recommend MR CASH (https://twitter.com/BlueDevilLair/status/68432717125128193).

devildeac
09-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Nice try, but the writer of this 2014 tweet (https://twitter.com/JPskinz/status/449759006307778561) felt that Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery have the comparison all sewn up:

Even though it was a joke, a custom Billy Packer jersey is an amazing idea. Probably just needs to say PACKER on the back to drive home the point, but if you want to try something creative instead, I recommend MR CASH (https://twitter.com/BlueDevilLair/status/68432717125128193).

Also a nice try but this is Mr. Cash to you:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStZuP6kYhLO0-P4VsiDrurpzRvTpRjvdm2PqpFcLMzqUBVthpt

http://issuu.com/bluedevilimg/docs/goduke_7.1

flyingdutchdevil
09-08-2015, 03:26 PM
The jersey is a Monet: hot from far but far from hot.

Look's amazing at least 10 feet away. But the details (and the feel) of the jersey are completely off (I mean, it was $15).

Great purchase given the difficulty I had in finding a Winslow jersey.

neemizzle
09-08-2015, 03:58 PM
The Duke jerseys are nice, but this beauty is the one I have my eyes on.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fresh-Prince-Jersey-14-Will-Smith-Basketball-Jersey-Carlton-Banks-25-Bel-Air-Academy-Jersey-Double/32412178457.html?spm=2114.01010108.3.3.iqFY29&ws_ab_test=201407_4,201444_6,201409_5

Yes. A BEL-AIR ACADEMY jersey. Hello, Carlton Banks.