PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you watched the championship game?

papa whiskey
07-07-2015, 04:11 AM
This came to me this evening. I have watched the game from my dvr for what I estimate is the 14th time. Usually around 2:00 am and with the company of some very old whiskey. I'm curious if others are still basking in the glory. It's still more enjoyable than anything on TV for me at least. After I watched it tonight I watched the last quarter again. From about 10 minutes left, just before Wisconsin went up nine. The most entertaining half hour of television I have ever seen.

killerleft
07-07-2015, 09:29 AM
I've watched the whole thing about 5 times. The last 15 minutes? At least 20 times more.:o The Grayson Time part is just so entertaining!

WiJoe
07-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Purchased the DVD during one of several trips to the bookstore while on campus with my son for Coach K's camp (a thrill in itself). My sons wanted to watch it yesterday while I was at work, but I told him we should watch it together. I guess we better get down to business and view that baby!

Billy Dat
07-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Similar to others, I have watched the whole thing at least 5 times and the second half 20+ times. It sits in the DVR stack and I often fire it up on a whim to put myself in a good mood.

Avvocato
07-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Like others, I have watched the second half at least 10 times. I also suggest watching a replay on YouTube that has Dick Vitale and Dan Shulman calling the game. It was actually interesting hearing different voices call the game. The added bonus is that there are no commercials. I found it randomly one night while on the iPad when I couldn't sleep.

Stray Gator
07-07-2015, 01:42 PM
Like others, I have watched the second half at least 10 times. I also suggest watching a replay on YouTube that has Dick Vitale and Dan Shulman calling the game. It was actually interesting hearing different voices call the game. The added bonus is that there are no commercials. I found it randomly one night while on the iPad when I couldn't sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKuL8Dn5_PY&feature=youtu.be

Another game that's worth watching again is the win over Gonzaga in the Elite Eight.

swood1000
07-07-2015, 02:05 PM
I have watched it so many times that I'm starting to worry that it will become etched into my TV monitor. It's great when I've had a bad day and could use a little non-chemical lift.

mgtr
07-07-2015, 02:21 PM
I have watched the whole thing three times, the second half ten times, and Grayson time at least 25 times. Still impressive.

superdave
07-07-2015, 02:23 PM
I have all the tourney games on my dvr. I will get through them before the next season, but tried to watch as much NBA playoff action as possible the last few months and have not gotten to it yet.

Jumbo had a great post at the beginning of the 2010-2011 season where he reminded everyone to savor the title and not get so caught up in the chase for the next one. I will try to do that right up until our first exhibition game.

CameronBornAndBred
07-07-2015, 02:27 PM
I feel like Charlie Bucket answering Mr. Turkentine's question about how many Wonka bars he opened.
I watched it twice.

moonpie23
07-07-2015, 02:36 PM
about 14 times from 11min to the end.....

the whole thing, about 8 times....

KenTankerous
07-07-2015, 03:29 PM
I always watch the whole game. And I pretend that I don't know what is going to happen...

duke blue brewcrew
07-07-2015, 04:14 PM
I've watched the game from beginning to end 5 times, the second half from roughly the 13:30 mark on - approximately 10 times. I still get goosebumps EVERYTIME! I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas every time I'm about to hit play...nervous, anxious and I actually know how it ends! (SMH) Championships don't grow on trees, I'm enjoying this one big time!

Furniture
07-07-2015, 08:36 PM
I have it on DVR and have watched the last 13 mins about 4 times. I will watch the whole thing again when my father comes over and visits in a couple of weeks. I am trying to get one more Englishman to become a Duke fan or even a basketball fan.

-jk
07-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Once in Indy, a half dozen or so more on my (awesome) Tivo. I really enjoy sitting back and watching us take control.

I also watch us v. Butler now and again, and - every time, even now! - worry about those last seconds: the miss, the hammer, the almost but not quite perfect shot...

-jk

elvis14
07-08-2015, 10:26 AM
I watched it again last night. We won!!!! Again!!! Whoo Hooo!!!!

I like that it's online and available from any computer: http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/game/701

I've watched the entire game 4 times and the last 14 minutes a few times as well.

rasputin
07-08-2015, 10:35 AM
The whole game, not very many times. One Shining Moment, about a million times.

wsb3
07-09-2015, 08:31 AM
At least five times. & like many of you I have watched that point from when we are nine down & Grayson enters the game.

One thing I have been doing this summer is watching the 6 game run for each National Championship in reverse year wise. I just completed 92 & my favorite 91 is up next. The first will always be my favorite..I lived quite a while waiting on it..

There is something about this most recent championship that I have enjoyed more than most of the others. I have walked around with a bounce in my step for months now. Hard to believe it has already been 3+ months.

I may save the 91 run for later in the month while I am laid up from ankle surgery..(So the bounce in my step will just be internally) As I told my wife..don't worry when you have to go back to work & leave me..I have a Duke library of games to entertain me..

swood1000
07-09-2015, 09:57 AM
I remember at the time during the last ten minutes feeling very assured and confident, but when I re-watch it I wonder why I felt that way. This thing could easily have gone the other way. Probably it was the sense of the momentum that we had, along with the feeling that Wisconsin was starting to get frantic and losing their edge. If Tyus had not been fouled at the very end things could have gotten precarious. Fortunately, no matter how many times I watch it Hayes never seems to learn his lesson, although he does seem to try to keep Tyus from falling as a kind of "I didn't really mean it, let's play on" gesture.