PDA

View Full Version : Small Favor for Military Family this 4th of July

Nacho
07-02-2015, 01:04 PM
I never before asked for help poll-skewing or collecting click-throughs, but I would appreciate it if the DBR family could help me help a family I know win something one-of-a-kind for a young girl

Two year old Kasey loves the zoo, and if her picture has the most votes by midnight tonight (july 2), she and her family will get a behinds the scenes tour of the zoo.

Kasey's dad is stationed at Ft Carson in Colorado. Engineering grad USMA '09. He has been deployed 2x. Both grandfathers are retired COL in the Medical Corp (Vietnam and Iraq/Afghanistan) and both still work as docs in military system. Three of her dad's sisters are army active duty and grandmom was an army nurse. And Kasey's youngest aunt (mom's sister) was just commissioned in the Army Nurse corp last month.

I can't think of a better way to celebrate Independence Day this weekend than by helping them win this small prize. (I attended high school with her grandmother, who is is stationed in Germany with Kasey's grandfather)

Right now, the contest is tied between this photo and one other - so every bit of DBR help would be appreciated - and help!

http://cmzphotocontest.pgtb.me/Hg22Sg/h067d?w=36367351&e=94410681

The photo is captioned "Love a Bungee" and should be the first one you see at the link.

Thanks to all.

Nacho
T'82 B'85
GTHC 'all the time

Nacho
07-02-2015, 10:45 PM
The prize is a behind the scenes tour of the Australia exhibit at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado and a chance to meet a kangaroo.

DukieInKansas
07-03-2015, 12:34 AM
I voted! What an adorable little girl.

YmoBeThere
07-03-2015, 01:28 AM
I was vote # 347.

Nacho
07-03-2015, 01:53 AM
The contest is down to less than 10 minutes (11:59 MDT) and the top two vote getters are TIED - YOUR VOTE WILL DECIDE - please help if you can.

I never before asked for help poll-skewing or collecting click-throughs, but I would appreciate it if the DBR family could help me help a family I know win something one-of-a-kind for a young girl

Two year old Kasey loves the zoo, and if her picture has the most votes by midnight tonight (july 2), she and her family will get a behinds the scenes tour of the zoo.

Kasey's dad is stationed at Ft Carson in Colorado. Engineering grad USMA '09. He has been deployed 2x. Both grandfathers are retired COL in the Medical Corp (Vietnam and Iraq/Afghanistan) and both still work as docs in military system. Three of her dad's sisters are army active duty and grandmom was an army nurse. And Kasey's youngest aunt (mom's sister) was just commissioned in the Army Nurse corp last month.

I can't think of a better way to celebrate Independence Day this weekend than by helping them win this small prize. (I attended high school with her grandmother, who is is stationed in Germany with Kasey's grandfather)

Right now, the contest is tied between this photo and one other - so every bit of DBR help would be appreciated - and help!

http://cmzphotocontest.pgtb.me/Hg22Sg/h067d?w=36367351&e=94410681

The photo is captioned "Love a Bungee" and should be the first one you see at the link.

Thanks to all.

Nacho
T'82 B'85
GTHC 'all the time

bjornolf
07-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Looks like Kaitlyn won by five. Yay!

Nacho
07-03-2015, 05:14 PM
The voting (one per facebook account) picked up pace as the midnight deadline loomed - our military family's photo was in first all day until ten minutes before midnight , when the peacock photo had 20 quick votes - and inched ahead by a few at midnight. The counter kept counting, and two year old Kasey was back in first at the earliest look this morning , but the tally at midnight was the one that counted.

A huge thank you to everyone, as I know she couldn't have finished second (and get a stuffed animal and regular zoo passes) without your help as your votes made sure she wasn't passed by the third place photo.

Kasey's grandma passes on a big thank you - with Coach K's army roots, they were already fans (except if / when Duke plays Army in any sport) - but they know how special our Duke alumni and fan base is, and more specifically, our DBR group.

Thanks again , everyone.

Nacho