PDA

View Full Version : Which DBR poster hates UNC the most?

FerryFor50
06-29-2015, 11:39 AM
I thought this would be fun to have a poll, especially in light of the Chaz Surratt flip.

I know I hate UNC pretty passionately, but I've seen other who hate them even more. Let's come up with a list of posters that hate UNC more than anything and then we can have a poll. :-P

Feel free to nominate yourselves.

I nominate:

devildeac
sagegrouse
ThroatyBeard

devildeac
06-29-2015, 11:47 AM
I thought this would be fun to have a poll, especially in light of the Chaz Surratt flip.

I know I hate UNC pretty passionately, but I've seen other who hate them even more. Let's come up with a list of posters that hate UNC more than anything and then we can have a poll. :-P

I nominate:

devildeac
sagegrouse
ThroatyBeard

Uh-oh:o. Will I need a campaign speech and/or committee?:p

sagegrouse
06-29-2015, 11:48 AM

I nominate:

devildeac
sagegrouse
ThroatyBeard

Actually, I may not dislike UNC as much as some other posters here -- I just have loudly voiced opinions about their institutional behavior. Devil Deac, who was betrayed by his own daughter, probably ranks ahead of me.

Kindly,
Sage

plimnko
06-29-2015, 11:55 AM
after finding out how much of a cheating bunch of @%&*(#! they are, i don't think they're worth my energy to hate. however, their smug, entitled, oblivious to the truth fans sure do piss me off!!!

OZZIE4DUKE
06-29-2015, 11:55 AM
Actually, I may not dislike UNC as much as some other posters here -- I just have loudly voiced opinions about their institutional behavior. Devil Deac, who was betrayed by his own daughter, probably ranks ahead of me.

Kindly,
Sage

And just who do you think taught devildeac how to hate carolina? Hmmmmm?
9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F

http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifhttp://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifhttp://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifhttp://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

Neals384
06-29-2015, 11:59 AM
Uh, as campaign speeches go, that ranks right up there with some of history's best, including:
"I've upped my standards. Now, up yours."
"If elected, I will win." and of course
"We can't stand Pat!"
:o

FerryFor50
06-29-2015, 11:59 AM
And just who do you think taught devildeac how to hate carolina? Hmmmmm?
9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F

lol

Ok, let's add Ozzie and remove sagegrouse from my nominations. :p

moonpie23
06-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Right here, buddy.....right here....:mad:

budwom
06-29-2015, 12:15 PM
i feel slighted

Lar77
06-29-2015, 12:18 PM
Ozzie has been the Sensei of UNC hate: 9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F

I also nominate Packman97. The hate that Duke has for UNCheat pales in comparison to the Wolfpack's feelings.

devildeac
06-29-2015, 12:18 PM
i feel slighted

You should. Ozzie and I have home state advantage and probably start out as at least 3-5 percentage point favorites.

TKG
06-29-2015, 12:24 PM
''I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your ..........''

FerryFor50
06-29-2015, 12:29 PM
Just so no one feels slighted... this is the nomination thread. Feel free to nominate yourself or others. Campaign speeches welcome. :)

I'll post a poll thread in a few days.

Indoor66
06-29-2015, 12:33 PM
I nominate 98.6% of the registered posters. The other 1.4% I designate at trolls.

(please note that these percentages were vetted through KenPom statistics)

Skitzle
06-29-2015, 12:35 PM
The fact that I never hated Danny Green probably removes any potential candidacy, but as a judge, I'd like to be objective.

Are there any criteria?

Ozzie's "I started 9F" is a pretty good pitch to me.

If anyone has a "I made Michael Jordan's children cry" stories, that would vault you up there...

PackMan97
06-29-2015, 12:37 PM
Ozzie has been the Sensei of UNC hate: 9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F

I also nominate Packman97. The hate that Duke has for UNCheat pales in comparison to the Wolfpack's feelings.

I humbly thank you for the nomination, but feel that I must withdraw from consideration. I consider myself an itinerant member of this community travelling from UNC thread to UNC thread and generally don't participate outside of that. This esteemed award should go to someone fully invested in the DBR community.

FerryFor50
06-29-2015, 12:37 PM
The fact that I never hated Danny Green probably removes any potential candidacy, but as a judge, I'd like to be objective.

Are there any criteria?

If anyone has a "I made Michael Jordan's children cry" stories, that would vault you up there...

I think the criteria is "anything UNC makes you want to pull your own eyebrows out" is a good start.

That said, your lack of disdain for Danny Green is disturbing.

Skitzle
06-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Also receiving top honors:

I am an award winning high school English Teacher and I also made sure Tyler Hansborough left my school knowing how to "read good"
I was part of the secret committee that was responsible for the Matt Doherty years.
I opened a McDonalds franchise across the street from Sean May's dorm. It's the only time I ever stepped foot in Chapel Hill

Skitzle
06-29-2015, 12:41 PM
I think the criteria is "anything UNC makes you want to pull your own eyebrows out" is a good start.

That said, your lack of disdain for Danny Green is disturbing.

I always thought he'd be the best player from that group. I'm a career ending Ty Lawson injury from being correct.

FerryFor50
06-29-2015, 12:42 PM
I always thought he'd be the best player from that group. I'm a career ending Ty Lawson injury from being correct.

That's just another reason to hate him - completely wasted potential, yet overconfidence in abilities. :p

Duvall
06-29-2015, 12:44 PM

That's fine, but if you don't hate Danny Green, who can you be trusted to hate?

This really does sound disqualifying.

arnie
06-29-2015, 12:48 PM

Guess I'm DQ'd since I'm a huge fan of Rashad McCants.

swood1000
06-29-2015, 12:48 PM

If not calling for an investigation.

Skitzle
06-29-2015, 12:49 PM

Always rooted for him to be Rashad McCan?

Lar77
06-29-2015, 12:49 PM
I humbly thank you for the nomination, but feel that I must withdraw from consideration. I consider myself an itinerant member of this community travelling from UNC thread to UNC thread and generally don't participate outside of that. This esteemed award should go to someone fully invested in the DBR community.

Thank you, PackMan97, for your kind words and continued contributions.

FerryFor50
06-29-2015, 12:52 PM

This is dependent on the timeline of your McCants fanhood. Was it before or after he blew the whistle on his former school? ;)

Skitzle
06-29-2015, 12:52 PM

Doesn't the fact that you're only a part of this board to hate on UNC actually just make your candidacy stronger.

This goes with my actively abnormal hate.

"I visit rival boards, because one fan base of UNC hate is not enough" PackMan97

devildeac
06-29-2015, 12:58 PM

Are there any criteria?

Ozzie did not "start" 9F. Throaty gets that distinction/credit. Let the negative campaigning and mud-slinging begin!:o

I still own a "I Want to be like Mike" t-shirt. I don't wear it anymore-too ragged/frayed but I'm willing to re-consider.

I owned an "I Said No to Dean" t-shirt and wore that one completely out.

I own half a dozen "GTHC" t-shirts and gave another half dozen away.

When my oldest daughter chose to go to c*rolina (over Duke and WFU), I covered myself in ashes and wore sackcloth for 30 days.

After the Blue Devil made a surprise appearance and danced at our youngest daughter's wedding, folks asked if I'd arrange a comparable event for the "other" daughter's special day and my reply had something to do with Biblical sacrifices of even-toed ungulates.

And I'm just getting started...

Skitzle
06-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Ozzie did not "start" 9F. Throaty gets that distinction/credit. Let the negative campaigning and mud-slinging begin!:o

I still own a "I Want to be like Mike" t-shirt. I don't wear it anymore-too ragged/frayed but I'm willing to re-consider.

When my oldest daughter chose to go to c*rolina (over Duke and WFU), I covered myself in ashes and wore sackcloth for 30 days.

After the Blue Devil made a surprise appearance and danced at our youngest daughter's wedding, folks asked if I'd arrange a comparable event for the "other" daughter's special day and my reply had something to do with Biblical sacrifices of even-toed ungulates.

This is a candidacy I can back, but I will need photographic evidence of sackcloth. (AKA Show me the birth certificate.)

devildeac
06-29-2015, 01:01 PM

I'm a huge fan of his, too. And Marvin Austin.

(I just wish the Durham PD had checked the weapon for prints...)

devildeac
06-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Always rooted for him to be Rashad McCan?

I wanted a name change to Rashad McWont. (apostrophe optional;))

devildeac
06-29-2015, 01:15 PM
This is a candidacy I can back, but I will need photographic evidence of sackcloth. (AKA Show me the birth certificate.)

https://melaniejeanjuneau.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/sackcloth_ashes1.jpg

ChillinDuke
06-29-2015, 01:34 PM
This is the best thread.

Maybe ever.

- Chillin

Highlander
06-29-2015, 01:40 PM
This is the best thread.

Maybe ever.

- Chillin

So are we only looking for irrational, unabashed hatred? What about sophomoric name calling, kind of a "King Rice drinks his own pee!"? Does hatred of the sports team but begrudging respect for someone like Dean Smith completely disqualify you?

Just wondering if we're trying to win an election or a primary here - are we pandering to the base or the masses?

devildeac
06-29-2015, 01:45 PM
So are we only looking for irrational, unabashed hatred? What about sophomoric name calling, kind of a "King Rice drinks his own pee!"? Does hatred of the sports team but begrudging respect for someone like Dean Smith completely disqualify you?

Just wondering if we're trying to win an election or a primary here - are we pandering to the base or the masses?

Dean knew...

(RIP)

Duvall
06-29-2015, 01:46 PM
Are we limiting this to active posters? Because there are some former DBR posters that really knew how to hate UNC.

devildeac
06-29-2015, 01:47 PM
"anything UNC makes you want to pull your own eyebrows out" seems to easy.

I you will find no trace of Baby Blue in my sons room or wardrobe. I'd have a hard time watching him go to UNC, but I'm normal on these boards.

I feel like the winner needs be extra ordinary. The have to change the hate from passive cringing almost to an active hobby. "I Hate UNC so much that I," Spent time/money/brain power plotting, scheming, and conspiring to see the team and or the fans cringe.

Its a terrible terrible analogy, but who is the bigger hater: the guy on the porch or the leader of the KKK. Isn't our Koach K Klub leader the one we are looking for? (PLEASE FIND A BETTER ANALOGY AND DELETE THIS PART OF THE POST!!!! Thanks :D)

I certainly won't engage in any criminal activities, but I will sign that PackPride petition they're organizing...

Lar77
06-29-2015, 01:49 PM
Is this for top all time hater or for the Mount Rushmore of haters?

I agree that ThroatyBeard should be nominated for many contributions to the Board in general and to coining the term "9F" (which Ozzie brought to another level). Do we consider Cameron presence coupled with DBR? In which case, Viking Guy, MulletMan, and others need to be considered.

FerryFor50
06-29-2015, 01:53 PM

I agree that ThroatyBeard should be nominated for many contributions to the Board in general and to coining the term "9F" (which Ozzie brought to another level). Do we consider Cameron presence coupled with DBR? In which case, Viking Guy, MulletMan, and others need to be considered.

We can make the rules as we go.

I'm down with a Mount Rushmore of haters. Maybe even make it a top 5.

I'd say let's keep it to active posters, as they'd be the ones to enjoy the honor the most these days. ;)

Maybe we need a UNC Hater Hall of Fame for the historical haters?

As for type of hate... that will be up to the voters to decide!

flyingdutchdevil
06-29-2015, 01:53 PM
Ozzie because of 9F, and it's kinda awesome when he does it (okay. It's totally awesome when he 9Fs all of DBR)

Moonpie because, well, I feel like it's genuine hatred. Really reminds me of the Hatfields-McCoys.

lotusland
06-29-2015, 01:58 PM
I have pure unbridled hatred and utter contempt for UNC.

If hating the cheats were a vice, I'd be a masterhater.

TKG
06-29-2015, 02:08 PM
If hating the cheats were a vice, I'd be a masterhater.

Careful, you put your vision at risk with such behavior.......

OZZIE4DUKE
06-29-2015, 02:11 PM

Are there any criteria?

Ozzie did not "start" 9F. Throaty gets that distinction/credit. Let the negative campaigning and mud-slinging begin!

As stated above, I did not invent/create 9F. That honor belongs to Throatybeard and his Handy Pocket Reference/manifesto! But I adopted it, nurtured it. fed it and kept it alive all these years!

I do have a "I said NO! to Dean" shirt, and I've kept it in pristine condition, like the shrine that it is! Pictures to follow in an edit!

I video taped dd's younger daughter's wedding dance with the Blue Devil, at his request!

My record stands on it's own merit, and on the DBR since 1997 on the parquet floor background. And as I recall, I actually introduced dd to the DBR, way back in the day almost 18 years ago! Aren't we all glad I did! And there is no sarcasm in that statement.

And I can't tell you how many of Sarah Pedin's GTHC oval stickers and koozies I've sold for her over the years!

devildeac
06-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Careful, you put your vision at risk with such behavior.......

No, that would only be if s/he were a fisherman...

gurufrisbee
06-29-2015, 02:26 PM
I don't think I will come close to making it (living in the Pacific Northwest is a long way from the epicenter).

But I want to share a couple pieces, if for nothing else then to set the bar so it can be cleared over and over.

A) I'm a school teacher (middle school math) and every year we do at least one quiz that is multiple choice but instead of ABCD, the options are all players for Duke or NC. Duke players are the only ones who have right answers, NC players always have wrong answers.

B) We had a spirit day of college basketball day (it was Monday after the bracket came out). Everyone wearing Duke attire for extra credit. Anyone wearing Carolina Blue sat in the hall.

C) I have two daughters (9 and 3). They both already know that the only proper response to seeing Carolina Blue is to make a vomit sound.

D) I was out of town for a week when my wife was painting our new house. The bedroom color was supposed to be some sky grey color. It turned out light blue. I slept in the living room on the couch until we repainted it.

E) When I was ages 8 to 11 my dad attended San Francisco Theological Seminary. The only other person on campus who cared about ACC basketball was the wife of the president (they had moved their from North Carolina). She was a huge Tar Heel fan. Every Duke-NC game I went to their house and watched with her - and every time Duke won the next day she had to wear a Duke shirt. She was in her 60's.

F) Once when my little sister was in junior high her 'boyfriend' showed up at our house with a NC cap on. He left ten minutes later crying and swearing to never talk to her again. I never touched him, but he also never got past me at the front door to even find out if my sister was home or not.

Again, I don't think this will get me anywhere near the mount rushmore, but I am excited to read all the reasons why others have better claims.

(and yes, I think if you rooted for Rashard McCan'tSpell then you are likely disqualified)

Skitzle
06-29-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't think I will come close to making it (living in the Pacific Northwest is a long way from the epicenter).

But I want to share a couple pieces, if for nothing else then to set the bar so it can be cleared over and over.

A) I'm a school teacher (middle school math) and every year we do at least one quiz that is multiple choice but instead of ABCD, the options are all players for Duke or NC. Duke players are the only ones who have right answers, NC players always have wrong answers.

B) We had a spirit day of college basketball day (it was Monday after the bracket came out). Everyone wearing Duke attire for extra credit. Anyone wearing Carolina Blue sat in the hall.

C) I have two daughters (9 and 3). They both already know that the only proper response to seeing Carolina Blue is to make a vomit sound.

D) I was out of town for a week when my wife was painting our new house. The bedroom color was supposed to be some sky grey color. It turned out light blue. I slept in the living room on the couch until we repainted it.

E) When I was ages 8 to 11 my dad attended San Francisco Theological Seminary. The only other person on campus who cared about ACC basketball was the wife of the president (they had moved their from North Carolina). She was a huge Tar Heel fan. Every Duke-NC game I went to their house and watched with her - and every time Duke won the next day she had to wear a Duke shirt. She was in her 60's.

F) Once when my little sister was in junior high her 'boyfriend' showed up at our house with a NC cap on. He left ten minutes later crying and swearing to never talk to her again. I never touched him, but he also never got past me at the front door to even find out if my sister was home or not.

Again, I don't think this will get me anywhere near the mount rushmore, but I am excited to read all the reasons why others have better claims.

(and yes, I think if you rooted for Rashard McCan'tSpell then you are likely disqualified)

True perhaps not rushmore worthy, but D had me rolling me rolling in laughter. You may be a sneaky 11 seed with that one :)

DukieInKansas
06-29-2015, 02:45 PM

This only counts if you were a fan while he played at unc. If you became a fan after his post-unc playing days when he made comments about his education, it will not DQ you. But it will be cause for you to treat all of us at the local Dairy Queen.

I see several others beat me to this timeline question.

Dukehky
06-29-2015, 02:45 PM
I hate for the pleasure of hatred. I do not need the recognition of others, I do it for the love (or hate) of the game.

I was harassed throughout my childhood, and it built the hate up inside of me. Now that I am a Duke Alum, and we occupy both the moral and strategic high ground, my hate bounds unabashed toward and through every sorry son of a I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. in baby blue that is unfortunate enough to cross my path.

PackMan97
06-29-2015, 02:55 PM
Since this scandal broke, schadenfreude isn't just a noun it's become a way of life.

devildeac
06-29-2015, 02:58 PM
True perhaps not rushmore worthy, but D had me rolling me rolling in laughter. You may be a sneaky 11 seed with that one :)

D) is indeed a good one but that's only about 200-300 square feet;). When I moved into a new office in 2008, the decorator/designer had my staff and me pick out the paint color for the walls and we all decided on something that was a Williamsburg blue/grey shade but I don't recall the Pantome #. (I wanted #287 but thought that was too obvious.) When they (thought) the job was finished, we had final inspection. As I walked from room to room, all I could think of and comment on was the shade of blue that actually appeared on the walls and each time was re-assured by the decorator (a NCSU grad/fan!) that it was not c*rolina blue. My final words were, "Repaint it. All ~1600 square feet of it. I'll wait an extra day or two for opening the doors." It was done 2 business days later.

I liked that the c*rolina clad children had to sit in the hall. I'd have made them sit in detention or the principal's office or maybe write a "paper.":rolleyes:

I've been know to make patients who wear unc hats or shirts into my office or procedures turn them inside out or cover the logo with something Duke or a piece of tape or towel.

I've also hinted to any unc faithful having a procedure that a rousing "Go Duke" would get them a generous amount more of the local anesthetic5243.

Gewebe14
06-29-2015, 03:02 PM
ME ME ME ME ME ME

If I ever get a tattoo it will be 9F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jacone21
06-29-2015, 03:21 PM
https://melaniejeanjuneau.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/sackcloth_ashes1.jpg

I bet that was a big hit in a clinical setting!

aimo
06-29-2015, 03:25 PM
I loathe the holes, but I probably don't stand a chance against some of you b/c I don't post nearly as much. I'm kind of the Michael Bickelmeyer of this race.

Anyway, here's my platform:

Lived in Durham all my life, gone to basketball and football games all my life. Was taught to hate Carolina at a very young age. I WAS SENT OUT IN THE HALL by my UNC grad 4th grade teacher b/c Duke had beaten the holes the night before. I swear, it's true. My sixth grade holefan bus driver threatened to kick me off the bus b/c I had worn a GO TO HECK CAROLINA hat. Yes, I said HECK. I disguised my I AGREE WITH ROY t-shirt with a Duke Children's Classic one so he'd sign it. He did, and it made the main photo of the old format DBR website. I WILL wear Duke blue to my niece's expected graduation from Crapel Hell next spring, that is if I am forced to attend. I'm afraid all that baby blue will make me puke my brains out.

weezie
06-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Now wait just a minute here...I see plenty of you males chest thumping and bellowing...

I submit my credentials for Chief Justice of the Supreme Hatred of The Baby Blue Court.

Either that or I'll take "Miss DBR" with a nice sash and a crown and a sceptre. My talent is sneering.

devildeac
06-29-2015, 03:54 PM
Now wait just a minute here...I see plenty of you males chest thumping and bellowing...

I submit my credentials for Chief Justice of the Supreme Hatred of The Baby Blue Court.

Either that or I'll take "Miss DBR" with a nice sash and a crown and a sceptre. My talent is sneering.

Links? Photos? Stories?

Jarhead
06-29-2015, 04:41 PM
My opinion of the forever hateful UNCH goes all he way back to the days of Charlie Justice, and has never wavered. I hate Carolina, and always will. That's all the way back to the late forties. It got worse when he signed with my favorite NFL team, the Redskins. The title is mine -- longevity wins.

lotusland
06-29-2015, 04:59 PM
If my esteem for UNC were a US President it would be James A. Barf -ield

bedeviled
06-29-2015, 05:11 PM
No one nominated Wheat/"/"/" yet for his UNC fan parodies?

I kid, I kid. I count myself as one who appreciates his contributions.
Aw, man, that disqualifies me, doesn't it?! :mad:

If the poll is made, please inform me if I can vote throatybeard for all 5 spots.

Pghdukie
06-29-2015, 05:45 PM
I nominate Speedo Man ! He gave the ultimate sacrifice. The shirt off his back which got him the ire of K !!!!

arnie
06-29-2015, 06:11 PM
This only counts if you were a fan while he played at unc. If you became a fan after his post-unc playing days when he made comments about his education, it will not DQ you. But it will be cause for you to treat all of us at the local Dairy Queen.

I see several others beat me to this timeline question.

Been a fan of McCants forever cause me and Nostradamus predicted Rashad would turn on the heels. It's in one of his quatrains- can't recall the number.

Skitzle
06-29-2015, 06:21 PM
Been a fan of McCants forever cause me and Nostradamus predicted Rashad would turn on the heels. It's in one of his quatrains- can't recall the number.

I believe that was Quatrain #80-52:

He will bring glory and shame to the Hill,

Ille me clarificabit quia montis et ignominia,

Alone, sitting upon an NBA bench;

Solus, sedens super NBA subselliis

Fury shall leap forth from the ineptitude,

Cadmeo exilire ex corporis McCantitudes,

Granting the Dukes festivity through the Hills' pain

Decresse Duces festivitatis in montibus dolor

wsb3
06-29-2015, 07:34 PM
If it requires hating all the players that have played for UNC I am far from the biggest hater...but if you are talking about that fan base...:mad:

I doubt there is poster that enjoys their losses more than me..equal pleasure? sure...but more..impossible..

I waited my entire life to see them have a year like 2002. One of my most enjoyable years in college basketball..even though we could not win it all..They were so "turrible."

elvis14
06-29-2015, 08:03 PM
I was going to nominate myself.....but I have to admit as I read through this thread I realize that I can't compete with devildeac and Ozzie (and a few others). That said, I've lived in the triangle area since 1991 and my dislike of all thing UNC grows each year. 9F

devildeac
06-29-2015, 08:47 PM
I believe that was Quatrain #80-52:

He will bring glory and shame to the Hill,

Ille me clarificabit quia montis et ignominia,

Alone, sitting upon an NBA bench;

Solus, sedens super NBA subselliis

Fury shall leap forth from the ineptitude,

Cadmeo exilire ex corporis McCantitudes,

Granting the Dukes festivity through the Hills' pain

Decresse Duces festivitatis in montibus dolor

I think it was Quatrain 82-50;).

devildeac
06-29-2015, 08:55 PM

Speaking of Biblical sacrifices of even-toed ungulates:

Psalm 49:13-14

13 This is the path of those who have foolish confidence;
yet after them people approve of their boasts.
14 Like sheep they are appointed for Sheol;
death shall be their shepherd,
and the upright shall rule over them in the morning.
Their form shall be consumed in Sheol, with no place to dwell.

(Google translator give me this: Go to hell, c*rolina, go to hell!)

moonpie23
06-29-2015, 11:41 PM
my, my, my......isn't this cleansing?

MCFinARL
06-30-2015, 08:32 AM

This probably disqualifies me (not that I would have the nerve to nominate myself given the impressive level of the competition here anyway), but I can't help thinking that the wife of the seminary president must have been a pretty good sport, even if she was a Carolina fan.

I was just thinking the same thing, and about to nominate you, Weezie, when I reached your post in the thread. I don't know if you have stories, but the energetic snarkiness and animosity in your anti-Carolina DBR posts surely gets you on the ballot.

devildeac
06-30-2015, 08:53 AM
Three old grads from the Triangle's 3 major universities (yea, I'm stretching here a bit) were walking along the beach at Emerald Isle this summer when they saw a glimmer from the sand. They all reached over and pulled a metal object up, brushed it off and realized they had found an ancient lantern. A puff of smoke came out of the lantern and a genie appeared. As expected, the genie then asked the 3 fellows what they wanted for their 3 wishes. Of course, being unable to agree, the State, unc and DUKE grads continued to argue. The genie quickly intervened and said he was giving each one a single wish and asked who was first. The Wolfie squealed, "ooh, me first" and the genie agreed and asked what the wish was.

Our Wolfpack buddy gushed, "Jim Valvano was the best basketball coach ever and I wish him back on the sidelines at the RBC Center." The genie replied, "your wish is my command" and Jimmy V returned to coach the 'Pack again.

"OK, who's next?" snarled the genie who was obviously already tired of the nonsense from these 3 knuckleheads.

The 'hole declared in his most haughty fashion, "I should be next." The genie acknowledged him and snapped, "what do you want?" Our pasty-blue clad beachcomber launched into one his programmed discourses about the c*rolina way, how challenging the academics were, how pristine clean the athletic department was, how he was tired of all the damn Yankees who came to chappaheeya, went to school or work there and never left. The genie, obviously disgusted with this load of 5244 said impatiently, "what's your wish, ram-breath?"

His reply was, "please build a wall around chappaheeya that is 40 feet high, 10 feet thick that has no entrance or exit."

The genie's quick and simply reply was, "done."

He turned to the Duke alum and said, "you got the 3rd wish. Whaddaya want?"

Not to be hurried, the DUKE fellow asked if he could get a couple things clarified. The genie was obviously tired of the process but agreed to answer a question or two.

"That wall you just built around chappaheeya is really 40 feet high?"

"Yea, yea, go on."

"And 10 feet thick?"

"Yea, yea, go on."

"And no one can get in or out?"

"YES, now what the hell do you want for the 3rd and final wish," the genie exploded.

"Fill it with cement."

(Drops mic, bows humbly and heads off stage.)

Billy Dat
06-30-2015, 09:06 AM
I have always felt cold hatred for the Cheats coming from the keyboard of Newton_14. Where many of us are playful in our taunts, he spews pure focused venom!!!!

Weezie, I second your nomination. Where Newton_14 delivers the calculated fury, you add balance with your impassioned rants.

PackMan97
06-30-2015, 09:54 AM
Speaking of Carolina Jokes...

Q. Why is the sky Carolina blue?
A. So we don't have to step in it.

Q. How do you get a Carolina fan off your front porch?
A. Pay him for the pizza.

When God was deciding where his only son, Jesus, should be born he had narrowed it down to Bethlehem and Chapel Hill. Why did he go with Bethlehem? He couldn't find three wise men and a virgin in Chapel Hill.

#sidetrackfor setup

Q. How many Duke fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. One. They just hold the bulb and the world revolves around them.

Q. How many Carolina fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. All of them. Two to change the bulb, four to hand the banner in the dean dome and the rest to brag they did it better than Duke or State fans.

Q. How many State fans does it take to change a light bulb?
A. None, they just founded a company that invented the LED light bulb that doesn't need to be changed for 20 years.

Q. How man flies does it take to scew in a light bulb?
A. Two, but don't ask me how they got in there.

There was a State, Duke and Carolina fan using the restroom. The Duke fan gets done first and washes his hands liberally. He proudly proclaims, "At Duke they taught us proper hygiene!". The Carolina fan gets done second and uses a minimal amount of water and one paper towel and explains, "At Carolina they taught us hygiene and how to care for the environment". The State fan just walks past the other two saying, "At State they taught us not to pee on our hands".

wsb3
06-30-2015, 09:55 AM
Three old grads from the Triangle's 3 major universities (yea, I'm stretching here a bit) were walking along the beach at Emerald Isle this summer when they saw a glimmer from the sand. They all reached over and pulled a metal object up, brushed it off and realized they had found an ancient lantern. A puff of smoke came out of the lantern and a genie appeared. As expected, the genie then asked the 3 fellows what they wanted for their 3 wishes. Of course, being unable to agree, the State, unc and DUKE grads continued to argue. The genie quickly intervened and said he was giving each one a single wish and asked who was first. The Wolfie squealed, "ooh, me first" and the genie agreed and asked what the wish was.

Our Wolfpack buddy gushed, "Jim Valvano was the best basketball coach ever and I wish him back on the sidelines at the RBC Center." The genie replied, "your wish is my command" and Jimmy V returned to coach the 'Pack again.

"OK, who's next?" snarled the genie who was obviously already tired of the nonsense from these 3 knuckleheads.

The 'hole declared in his most haughty fashion, "I should be next." The genie acknowledged him and snapped, "what do you want?" Our pasty-blue clad beachcomber launched into one his programmed discourses about the c*rolina way, how challenging the academics were, how pristine clean the athletic department was, how he was tired of all the damn Yankees who came to chappaheeya, went to school or work there and never left. The genie, obviously disgusted with this load of 5244 said impatiently, "what's your wish, ram-breath?"

His reply was, "please build a wall around chappaheeya that is 40 feet high, 10 feet thick that has no entrance or exit."

The genie's quick and simply reply was, "done."

He turned to the Duke alum and said, "you got the 3rd wish. Whaddaya want?"

Not to be hurried, the DUKE fellow asked if he could get a couple things clarified. The genie was obviously tired of the process but agreed to answer a question or two.

"That wall you just built around chappaheeya is really 40 feet high?"

"Yea, yea, go on."

"And 10 feet thick?"

"Yea, yea, go on."

"And no one can get in or out?"

"YES, now what the hell do you want for the 3rd and final wish," the genie exploded.

"Fill it with cement."

(Drops mic, bows humbly and heads off stage.)

Very good..

alteran
06-30-2015, 10:35 AM
No one nominated Wheat/"/"/" yet for his UNC fan parodies?

I kid, I kid. I count myself as one who appreciates his contributions.
Aw, man, that disqualifies me, doesn't it?! :mad:

If the poll is made, please inform me if I can vote throatybeard for all 5 spots.

Seriously.

I consider myself excessively bitter, got bullied as a child by heels fans, and slightly concerned with how much I hate them. I still live here and have to deal with the sanctimony.

But man, T-beard seems to have a fire that just won't get out. Sometimes I get sunburn reading his posts about UNC and heels fans.

swood1000
06-30-2015, 11:12 AM
Seriously.

I consider myself excessively bitter, got bullied as a child by heels fans, and slightly concerned with how much I hate them. I still live here and have to deal with the sanctimony.

But man, T-beard seems to have a fire that just won't get out. Sometimes I get sunburn reading his posts about UNC and heels fans.
Does anybody remember the old Queen for a Day television show? The contestants were a series of women who took turns telling what great misfortunes had befallen them. After each one would tell her story the audience would applaud and the applause meter would show her score. The winner would be Queen for a Day. Perhaps some sort of applause meter might be able to show us the true winner here.

BluDvlsN1
06-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Human Nature

This is consistent with sitting in a meeting with a person in charge expressing in diatribe fashion the who's and what for's.;)

In typical human nature fashion, each attendee is thinking he's not talking about me, must be him over there, and so on with each attendee.

My experience here on DBR is such I could find excellent reason to vote in a number of different direction's and never be incorrect.:D

I vote for the DBR forum enmasse based on the plethora of historical,quantifiable
data, issues, experiences expressed, previously in other threads and currently in this thread.

(All the while my own human nature silently say's, your all playing for 2nd, as is yours) :cool:

It's the "how high is high" example.

It is a fun thread and let the reasons and bashing continue.
It's a form of teamwork.

All said tounge in cheek...:D

Indoor66
06-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Anyone remember the "Carolina Fever" ad campaign for uncheat football? The joke for that was:

Do you know the cure for Carolina Fever?

(scroll down)

Preparation H

devildeac
06-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Anyone remember the "Carolina Fever" ad campaign for uncheat football? The joke for that was:

Do you know the cure for Carolina Fever?

(scroll down)

Preparation H

On a similar note, late in 1989, after consecutive 1-10 seasons at c*rolina, Mack Brown was nominated for the Nobel Prize. Why?

People thought he had found the cure for c*rolina fever.:rolleyes:

PackMan97
06-30-2015, 12:55 PM
The other day I was in Chapel Hill visiting a friend on campus and noticed they were replacing the sod at Keenan Stadium with cardboard. I asked my friend what was going on and he told me that Fedora noticed Carolina always plays better on paper so he thought this would help them get a few more wins this season.

Q. What is the past tense of Carolina Sucks?
A. Carolina Blue

Two Carolina fans walk into a bar. You would have thought the second one would have ducked.

devildeac
06-30-2015, 12:59 PM
The other day I was in Chapel Hill visiting a friend on campus and noticed they were replacing the sod at Keenan Stadium with cardboard. I asked my friend what was going on and he told me that Fedora noticed Carolina always plays better on paper so he thought this would help them get a few more wins this season.

A. Carolina Blue

Two Carolina fans walk into a bar. You would have thought the second one would have ducked.

I thought they wrote/colored better on paper;).

BTW, keep it up. You'll be nominated for sure;).

MCFinARL
06-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Does anybody remember the old Queen for a Day television show? The contestants were a series of women who took turns telling what great misfortunes had befallen them. After each one would tell her story the audience would applaud and the applause meter would show her score. The winner would be Queen for a Day. Perhaps some sort of applause meter might be able to show us the true winner here.

Okay, but we don't have to give the winner a new washing machine, do we?

OZZIE4DUKE
06-30-2015, 01:33 PM
A. Carolina Blue
And in 1984 I had these bumper stickers made up!

The Gordog
06-30-2015, 01:39 PM

Q. How do you get a Carolina fan off your front porch?
A. Pay him for the pizza.

When God was deciding where his only son, Jesus, should be born he had narrowed it down to Bethlehem and Chapel Hill. Why did he go with Bethlehem? He couldn't find three wise men and a virgin in Chapel Hill.

#sidetrackfor setup

Q. How many Duke fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. One. They just hold the bulb and the world revolves around them.

Q. How many Carolina fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. All of them. Two to change the bulb, four to hand the banner in the dean dome and the rest to brag they did it better than Duke or State fans.

Q. How many State fans does it take to change a light bulb?
A. None, they just founded a company that invented the LED light bulb that doesn't need to be changed for 20 years.

Q. How man flies does it take to scew in a light bulb?
A. Two, but don't ask me how they got in there.

There was a State, Duke and Carolina fan using the restroom. The Duke fan gets done first and washes his hands liberally. He proudly proclaims, "At Duke they taught us proper hygiene!". The Carolina fan gets done second and uses a minimal amount of water and one paper towel and explains, "At Carolina they taught us hygiene and how to care for the environment". The State fan just walks past the other two saying, "At State they taught us not to pee on our hands".

Q. How many Carolina grads does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. That's a grad level course !

OZZIE4DUKE
06-30-2015, 01:40 PM

This is the one and only original joke I have ever created/thought up! I thought it up many years ago and have spread it around here on the DBR, at tailgates, and everywhere sensible people congregate! You can even ask devildeac about this! And CB&B, too! http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

Oh, and the actual answer is
"So the rest of us don't have to step on it!"http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifhttp://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifhttp://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

swood1000
06-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Okay, but we don't have to give the winner a new washing machine, do we?
No, but the winner must parade down the stage weeping copiously and thanking everyone profusely.

PackMan97
06-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Q. How many Carolina grads does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. That's a grad level course !

The joke does need updating for the times.

Q. How many Carolina Football players does it take to change a light bulb?
A. One, but he had to copy a 5th grader to do it.

weezie
06-30-2015, 02:23 PM

Strong! Very strong. But don't be concerned, everything you feel has real merit.

If I butter up to you can I get that Supreme Court position?

Bostondevil
06-30-2015, 03:00 PM
Years ago, when it was a fad, to please my mother who was into it, I had my colors done. (I'm a spring.) The consultant told me that the absolute worst color for me to wear was . . . Carolina Blue. I am genetically programmed to avoid Carolina Blue. Top that!!!

Other true stories. I have told all of my children from the time they were old enough to understand that there is no rooting for Carolina in my house, not even as a tease. Once number 2 son tried it and briefly cheered the TarHeels in a regular season game. I made him stand on the back porch for 5 minutes. He never did it again. None of them have. I have also told them all that they can go to any college they want, but if that college is UNC, they have to pay for it themselves. I think they might think I'm kidding. I'm not. Luckily the first two haven't tested me. (The oldest goes to Duke!)

One of the years I ran the Boston Marathon, the charity team that I run with ordered "Columbia Blue" team jerseys - same color, but you know, New England. I recruited Ken Dennard, Gene Banks, and Tommy Amaker to sign small squares of Duke Blue paper and pinned them to my jersey for the run. I sent a letter to Shane Battier too but the return didn't come in time for me to wear it on race day. I also prayed for the weather to be cool enough to wear another running shirt underneath so that the color wouldn't touch my skin. My prayers were answered.

devildeac
06-30-2015, 03:01 PM
Strong! Very strong. But don't be concerned, everything you feel has real merit.

If I butter up to you can I get that Supreme Court position?

You of course know there's only one Chief Justise;).

lotusland
06-30-2015, 03:02 PM
If I were a UNC hate-spewing volcano, I would be Mt. Nocrackabooka

swood1000
06-30-2015, 03:17 PM
Two UNC grads are building a house. One of them is putting on the siding. He picks up a nail, hammers it in. Picks up another nail, throws it away. Picks up a nail, hammers it in. Picks up another, throws it away. This goes on for a while, and finally his friend comes over and asks him why he is throwing half of the nails away. He replies, "Those ones were pointed on the wrong end." His friend gets exasperated and says "You idiot, those are for the other side of the house!"

DukieInKansas
06-30-2015, 05:06 PM
A Duke grad was walking through the house she was having built with her NC State grad architect. Periodically, the architect would go over to the window to look outside and then open the window and shout out "brown side down" and shut the window. After observing this exchange several times, the Duke grad asked what was going on. The architect's response was that a carolina grad was laying the sod and needed to be reminded how to lay the sod.

Pghdukie
06-30-2015, 06:01 PM
What do you call a UNC girl getting a tan at Myrtle Beach ?
A pig roast!

-jk
06-30-2015, 07:40 PM
This is the one and only original joke I have ever created/thought up! I thought it up many years ago and have spread it around here on the DBR, at tailgates, and everywhere sensible people congregate! You can even ask devildeac about this! And CB&B, too! http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

Oh, and the actual answer is
"So the rest of us don't have to step on it!"http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifhttp://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifhttp://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

Sorry... I heard that one as a kid. You're not that old!

-jk

OZZIE4DUKE
06-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Sorry... I heard that one as a kid. You're not that old!

-jk
Really? Dangit. I thought it was original. Grrrrrr. Oh,well.

BD80
06-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Really? Dangit. I thought it was original. Grrrrrr. Oh,well.

In chapel hill, any thinking is original

gurufrisbee
06-30-2015, 09:26 PM
'student-athletes'

What? I thought we talking about carolina jokes.

The Gordog
07-01-2015, 11:28 AM

I did update it! ;) The old version was:

Q: How many Carolina Freshmen does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: That's a Sophomore Class!

BD80
07-01-2015, 11:54 AM

If a bulb is in a carolina classroom and no students ever show, does it provide illumination?

OldPhiKap
07-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Q: How many Carolina fans does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 20,000. One to change the bulb, the rest to lament how much better the bulb was when Dean was coach.

CDu
07-01-2015, 01:00 PM
I don't believe in hatred...

But I hate the Tar Heels infinity plus infinity.

swood1000
07-01-2015, 01:07 PM
If a bulb is in a carolina classroom and no students ever show, does it provide illumination?
And will UNC argue that that illuminated classroom should result in academic eligibility for those students?

swood1000
07-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Why would a UNC student think that a flock of crows settling on the Duke campus would be appropriate?
Because of course Duke gets all the caws.

OldPhiKap
07-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Why would a UNC student think that a flock of crows settling on the Duke campus would be appropriate?
Because of course Duke gets all the caws.

And to think, I was gonna say that the answer had something to do with a murder.

Lar77
07-01-2015, 02:10 PM
And will UNC argue that that illuminated classroom should result in academic eligibility for those students?

Of course, because it was available to non-athlete students.

swood1000
07-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Of course, because it was available to non-athlete students.
Only an inveterate Carolina-hater could fail to see that since the room was available to all there should be credit for all.

OldPhiKap
07-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Only an inveterate Carolina-hater could fail to see that since the room was available to all there should be credit for all.

Are you calling someone spineless?

Kfanarmy
07-01-2015, 04:59 PM

Is there a supporting argument all the students who went to the games should get letter jackets?

BD80
07-01-2015, 05:15 PM

All the better to amphibiate

swood1000
07-01-2015, 06:03 PM
http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by swood1000 http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=816174#post816174)

Not at all. Just referring to a person who doesn't like animals.

moonpie23
07-02-2015, 09:30 AM
i've told this before........when South Carolina was in the ACC, ('70 or '71? ) some friends and i traveled to chapel hill for the first time to see the gamecocks play unc. Unc was heavily favored, but john roche and the gamecocks prevailed....

as we were leaving Carmichael, celebrating the win, the fine, upstanding folks from unc introduced us to "the carolina way" by spitting on us, and then throwing hot coffee and soft drinks on us.

This was the genesis of my hatred for all things baby blue.

a good year is when there's 82-50, a GREAT year is when there bus runs in the ditch on the way home....

on a scale of 1-10, my hatred is a 12.5

if banners come down, you'll see me on the 11pm news.......and it won't be pretty....

devildeac
07-02-2015, 09:36 AM
i've told this before........when South Carolina was in the ACC, ('70 or '71? ) some friends and i traveled to chapel hill for the first time to see the gamecocks play unc. Unc was heavily favored, but john roche and the gamecocks prevailed....

as we were leaving Carmichael, celebrating the win, the fine, upstanding folks from unc introduced us to "the carolina way" by spitting on us, and then throwing hot coffee and soft drinks on us.

This was the genesis of my hatred for all things baby blue.

a good year is when there's 82-50, a GREAT year is when there bus runs in the ditch on the way home....

on a scale of 1-10, my hatred is a 12.5

if banners come down, you'll see me on the 11pm news.......and it won't be pretty....

Mine's a 13 (:p) and, if the banners come down, I'll bring the cardboard boxes for loooooong term storage. Or the flammable materials.

Newton_14
07-02-2015, 08:12 PM
I have always felt cold hatred for the Cheats coming from the keyboard of Newton_14. Where many of us are playful in our taunts, he spews pure focused venom!!!!
Weezie, I second your nomination. Where Newton_14 delivers the calculated fury, you add balance with your impassioned rants.

Thank you Billy! True story here. In 1993 I'm the last child living at home with my dad and our family home burns to the ground on an October morning. There is literally a hundred people there, along with every fire truck in the area. Bad deal. I am standing there, 7:00am in the morning, temps in the 40's and sprinkling rain. I have on the only possessions I have left at the moment which is a short sleeve polo, pair of shorts, and loafers, no socks. And it's pretty cold. One of our closest family friends, who is a huge UNC fan and has on a heavy baby blue UNC jacket walks over and takes his coat off, hands it to me, and said "here buddy, put this on, you have to be freezing". I go" Nah, I'm good, and even if not, I would rather go stand by the fire than to be caught dead wearing that thing. He looked at me like I was crazy. :) My brother who was standing right beside me at the time still tells that story whenever the fire is brought up in conversation.

So yeah, my hate runs pretty deep. Have dealt with those pompous arses since 1st grade.

DukieInKansas
07-03-2015, 12:32 AM
Thank you Billy! True story here. In 1993 I'm the last child living at home with my dad and our family home burns to the ground on an October morning. There is literally a hundred people there, along with every fire truck in the area. Bad deal. I am standing there, 7:00am in the morning, temps in the 40's and sprinkling rain. I have on the only possessions I have left at the moment which is a short sleeve polo, pair of shorts, and loafers, no socks. And it's pretty cold. One of our closest family friends, who is a huge UNC fan and has on a heavy baby blue UNC jacket walks over and takes his coat off, hands it to me, and said "here buddy, put this on, you have to be freezing". I go" Nah, I'm good, and even if not, I would rather go stand by the fire than to be caught dead wearing that thing. He looked at me like I was crazy. :) My brother who was standing right beside me at the time still tells that story whenever the fire is brought up in conversation.

So yeah, my hate runs pretty deep. Have dealt with those pompous arses since 1st grade.

Now I want to change my vote.

CLT Devil
07-03-2015, 02:59 AM
Here's a few qualifications for myself:

My first real shirt, which still fits 30 years later is a "I pull for Duke and whoever's playing Carolina" - I wore that shirt multiple times in Elementary school. One day we had a vote of who would win the ACCT and I was the only person in my 5th grade class to vote for Duke, with every peer voting for NC.

I once went to a game in the Dean Dome - ugliest place on the planet. It was 1998 and we lost by 30+ points, Jamison's game of his life and Cota's attempted 'oop to Vince off the backboard. After the game I had my Duke hat on and almost got in a fight right outside simply because someone wanted to cause trouble. I wrestled at Duke and wasn't scared but thought it best to go back to Granville. While there, some fans up in Chapel Hill for the game from Gastonia accused my friend and I of throwing bottles from Granville - we didn't do it but there were roughly 12 of them in two of us and I get my butt beat pretty bad, black-eye and all but not before throwing one of them through the emergency fire hose. Nothing like being jumped on your least favorite campus. That just fueled my hate.

Always being outnumbered by going to a public school in NC I caught heck my whole life and developed a strong hatred. I used to go to UNC Frat houses where I knew people from HS just to cheer for Duke during a UNC v Duke game - I was kicked out a couple times but never anything physical, tried to keep it in good taste but the frat guys did not like me.

I like to go to UNC bars and watching parties with my Duke gear here in Charlotte just to rile things up. I got tired of Tarheels doing that to my Duke watching parties so I gave them a dose of their own medicine.

I hunted a Dorset Ram and harvested one...it sits on my office wall with the name 'Ramses.'

I learned GTHC, GTH when I was about 6 years old riding up to a Duke Football game with a bunch or former players.

There's a Nothing Finer Than Defeating Carolina stitching that's still in my room 30 years later.

I call Carolina 'Trade School.'

Anyway, I could go on for hours and hours. I was taught this hate a very early age from my father, who's parents and brother went to Duke as I did I. I don't own a single light-blue shirt, dress or otherwise.

Not trying to win any contest just wanted to see how many others had experience similar to mine. I personally loved being in the majority and was quick and witty enough that eventually my HS classmates knew not to tease me too bad because I always had a better retort than their original cutdown. Thanks for reading, and GREAT thread!

weezie
07-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Boys and girls, it's not about hate... it's about love. Loving to hate. A lifetime of nurturing that rock solid loathing of all things tarholian. And what a loving bunch we are.

swood1000
07-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Boys and girls, it's not about hate... it's about love. Loving to hate. A lifetime of nurturing that rock solid loathing of all things tarholian. And what a loving bunch we are.
Yes, it would be easy for someone happening upon this site to fail to realize that it is a righteous and pure hatred that is spoken of here, utterly in accord with the laws of nature.

ricks68
07-05-2015, 12:35 PM
D) is indeed a good one but that's only about 200-300 square feet;). When I moved into a new office in 2008, the decorator/designer had my staff and me pick out the paint color for the walls and we all decided on something that was a Williamsburg blue/grey shade but I don't recall the Pantome #. (I wanted #287 but thought that was too obvious.) When they (thought) the job was finished, we had final inspection. As I walked from room to room, all I could think of and comment on was the shade of blue that actually appeared on the walls and each time was re-assured by the decorator (a NCSU grad/fan!) that it was not c*rolina blue. My final words were, "Repaint it. All ~1600 square feet of it. I'll wait an extra day or two for opening the doors." It was done 2 business days later.

I liked that the c*rolina clad children had to sit in the hall. I'd have made them sit in detention or the principal's office or maybe write a "paper.":rolleyes:

I've been know to make patients who wear unc hats or shirts into my office or procedures turn them inside out or cover the logo with something Duke or a piece of tape or towel.

I've also hinted to any unc faithful having a procedure that a rousing "Go Duke" would get them a generous amount more of the local anesthetic5243.

I will just have to wait again until I am allowed to spork you again for this one, but maybe others can do it for me.

ricks

Edouble
07-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Here's a few qualifications for myself:

My first real shirt, which still fits 30 years later is a "I pull for Duke and whoever's playing Carolina" - I wore that shirt multiple times in Elementary school. One day we had a vote of who would win the ACCT and I was the only person in my 5th grade class to vote for Duke, with every peer voting for NC.

I once went to a game in the Dean Dome - ugliest place on the planet. It was 1998 and we lost by 30+ points, Jamison's game of his life and Cota's attempted 'oop to Vince off the backboard. After the game I had my Duke hat on and almost got in a fight right outside simply because someone wanted to cause trouble. I wrestled at Duke and wasn't scared but thought it best to go back to Granville. While there, some fans up in Chapel Hill for the game from Gastonia accused my friend and I of throwing bottles from Granville - we didn't do it but there were roughly 12 of them in two of us and I get my butt beat pretty bad, black-eye and all but not before throwing one of them through the emergency fire hose. Nothing like being jumped on your least favorite campus. That just fueled my hate.

Always being outnumbered by going to a public school in NC I caught heck my whole life and developed a strong hatred. I used to go to UNC Frat houses where I knew people from HS just to cheer for Duke during a UNC v Duke game - I was kicked out a couple times but never anything physical, tried to keep it in good taste but the frat guys did not like me.

I like to go to UNC bars and watching parties with my Duke gear here in Charlotte just to rile things up. I got tired of Tarheels doing that to my Duke watching parties so I gave them a dose of their own medicine.

I hunted a Dorset Ram and harvested one...it sits on my office wall with the name 'Ramses.'

I learned GTHC, GTH when I was about 6 years old riding up to a Duke Football game with a bunch or former players.

There's a Nothing Finer Than Defeating Carolina stitching that's still in my room 30 years later.

I call Carolina 'Trade School.'

Anyway, I could go on for hours and hours. I was taught this hate a very early age from my father, who's parents and brother went to Duke as I did I. I don't own a single light-blue shirt, dress or otherwise.

Not trying to win any contest just wanted to see how many others had experience similar to mine. I personally loved being in the majority and was quick and witty enough that eventually my HS classmates knew not to tease me too bad because I always had a better retort than their original cutdown. Thanks for reading, and GREAT thread!

I really like this guy.

weezie
07-06-2015, 07:52 AM

Agreed Edubs. I sense a great marketing opportunity here. What true blue Duke lover wouldn't jump for joy opening this present on Christmas morning?!

Indoor66
07-06-2015, 08:13 AM
Agreed Edubs. I sense a great marketing opportunity here. What true blue Duke lover wouldn't jump for joy opening this present on Christmas morning?!

I want one but only if it comes with a fedora.