PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Henderson traded

theAlaskanBear
06-24-2015, 07:13 PM
.....to Portland with Noah Vonleh for Nic Batum. Popped up on NBA gametime app but still looking for confirmation elsewhere.

theAlaskanBear
06-24-2015, 08:39 PM
LINKY: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13144136/portland-trail-blazers-agree-trade-nic-batum-charlotte-hornets-gerald-henderson-noah-vonleh

Great move by Portland to replace Wes Matthews and also a potential PF backup/replacement for Aldridge.

Furniture
06-24-2015, 09:07 PM
I guess it a good move now he has his Duke degree.....

juise
06-25-2015, 12:05 AM
Welcome to Portland, G! May your stay be more fruitful than Nolan's (his selection was my only enthusiasm for the Blazers since the early 90's).

flyingdutchdevil
06-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Hornets were pretty terrible, but I think they're playoff bound this year. Portland? Once Aldridge leaves, they have an amazing offensive PG and...I'm not sure what else they have.

CDu
06-25-2015, 08:40 AM
Hornets were pretty terrible, but I think they're playoff bound this year. Portland? Once Aldridge leaves, they have an amazing offensive PG and...I'm not sure what else they have.

Well, they will make a big push for Oregon native Love. But I don't see that working out. It is a good trade for Portland in getting the prospect Vonleh, but as you said the big issue is what happens with Aldridge.

Tripping William
06-25-2015, 08:49 AM

You mean besides Mount Hood, the Columbia River, and Ymmmmm, Beer? :D

duke blue brewcrew
06-25-2015, 08:55 AM
You mean besides Mount Hood, the Columbia River, and Ymmmmm, Beer? :D Rogue Brewery is outstanding!

flyingdutchdevil
06-25-2015, 09:13 AM
Well, they will make a big push for Oregon native Love. But I don't see that working out. It is a good trade for Portland in getting the prospect Vonleh, but as you said the big issue is what happens with Aldridge.

He's gone. The writing is on the wall, and he has had issues with the organization. Plus, in the Big Bad West, you need to have plenty of talent, and Portland is only good enough for the first round of the playoffs.

devildeac
06-25-2015, 09:30 AM

Three outstanding Portland (area) references.

Billy Dat
06-25-2015, 10:02 AM

It just shows how quickly things can change. Before Matthews and Aldridge got hurt fairly late in the season, these guys were legit title contenders.

sagegrouse
06-25-2015, 10:40 AM

I like Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, more herbal than its French cousin, but complex and delicious. The Pinot Gris is not bad either and is a perfect match with salmon.

Highlander
06-25-2015, 01:26 PM
Keeping up with who is on the Hornets day to day has been a huge challenge. They have been very active.

First, they trade Lance Stephenson to the Clippers for Spencer Hawes and Matt Barnes.
Next, they trade Henderson and Vonleh to the Blazers for Nick Batum.
They were rumored to trade Matt Barnes to the Thunder for Jeremy Lamb straight up, but that apparently fell through for a better deal...
That deal was a trade of the newly acquired Matt Barnes to Memphis for Luke Ridnour.
And a few minutes ago they traded Luke Ridnour to the Thunder for Jeremy Lamb.

So (as of today at 1:30) Batum, Hawes, and Lamb are in.
Out are Stephenson, Henderson, and Vonleh. And Ridnour & Barnes were apparently the trade grease that made the whole thing work.

Check out Luke Ridenour's ride over the last 24 hours:

"On June 24, 2015, Ridnour was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for the draft rights to Jānis Timma. On June 25, 2015, Ridnour was traded to the Charlotte Hornets in exchange for Matt Barnes. Later that day, Ridnour was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Jeremy Lamb."

So he went from OKC to Memphis to Charlotte, only to go back to OKC. Wha?? From what I understand, it has something to do with Ridenour's non guaranteed contract. Still, it is bizzare to see a team trade someone away only to trade him back less than 24 hours later.

Not a good time to be buying a Hornets jersey, that is for sure.

duke blue brewcrew
06-26-2015, 09:30 AM
Gerald will be teaming up with MP2 in Portland. Apologies if this was covered in another post.

http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/Nets-Plumlee-traded-to-Blazers-in-multiplayer-deal-37942647

FerryFor50
06-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Keeping up with who is on the Hornets day to day has been a huge challenge. They have been very active.

First, they trade Lance Stephenson to the Clippers for Spencer Hawes and Matt Barnes.
Next, they trade Henderson and Vonleh to the Blazers for Nick Batum.
They were rumored to trade Matt Barnes to the Thunder for Jeremy Lamb straight up, but that apparently fell through for a better deal...
That deal was a trade of the newly acquired Matt Barnes to Memphis for Luke Ridnour.
And a few minutes ago they traded Luke Ridnour to the Thunder for Jeremy Lamb.

So (as of today at 1:30) Batum, Hawes, and Lamb are in.
Out are Stephenson, Henderson, and Vonleh. And Ridnour & Barnes were apparently the trade grease that made the whole thing work.

Check out Luke Ridenour's ride over the last 24 hours:

"On June 24, 2015, Ridnour was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for the draft rights to Jānis Timma. On June 25, 2015, Ridnour was traded to the Charlotte Hornets in exchange for Matt Barnes. Later that day, Ridnour was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Jeremy Lamb."

So he went from OKC to Memphis to Charlotte, only to go back to OKC. Wha?? From what I understand, it has something to do with Ridenour's non guaranteed contract. Still, it is bizzare to see a team trade someone away only to trade him back less than 24 hours later.

Not a good time to be buying a Hornets jersey, that is for sure.

Thunder were probably more interested in Ridnour's contract than dealing with Barnes, so they made the Hornets jump through the hoops to get Lamb.

Not real sure what they see in Lamb; he's like a lesser version of Kemba Walker.

Batum was a good get, but not at the cost of Henderson IMO.