PDA

View Full Version : ICYMI - Coach Cut Accolades from NFL.com - Top 10 College Football Coach - #8

duke blue brewcrew
06-01-2015, 04:42 PM
In case you missed it, I found this article and wanted to share with the rest of the very excxited Duke football fans out there. It goes without saying that the job Coach Cut has done with the Blue Devils' football program is nothing short of remarkable, and people on a national level are taking serious notice. Here's further proof of just how much "the experts" are acknowledging the job well done!

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000494754/15-for-15-college-footballs-best-head-coaches

OldPhiKap
06-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Great find, thanks for linking.

Even have him ahead of the Old Ball Coach.

Putting aside the subjectivity of rankings, it is great to see national recognition of what we all know -- Cut is a unique and gifted coach who is perfect for our institution.

LGD!

duke blue brewcrew
06-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Great find, thanks for linking.

Even have him ahead of the Old Ball Coach.

Putting aside the subjectivity of rankings, it is great to see national recognition of what we all know -- Cut is a unique and gifted coach who is perfect for our institution.

LGD!

I couldn't agree more. He's the right guy for the job and I was excited to see him ahead of The Ole Ball Coach. It can't hurt with recruiting efforts either when kids and especially QBs see this article.

Wander
06-01-2015, 06:10 PM
It's pretty rare to see a list like this that doesn't just essentially list the best programs. Good job, nfl.com.

duke blue brewcrew
06-02-2015, 10:06 AM
It's pretty rare to see a list like this that doesn't just essentially list the best programs. Good job, nfl.com.

I couldn't agree more. It feels like an unbiased, real-time view of the State of College Football. Duke fans have been in misery for years waiting for a coach like Cut to come along and resurrect the program. The national acknowledgement of his accomplishments is a wonderful thing to see and read.

OldPhiKap
06-02-2015, 10:52 AM
I couldn't agree more. It feels like an unbiased, real-time view of the State of College Football. Duke fans have been in misery for years waiting for a coach like Cut to come along and resurrect the program. The national acknowledgement of his accomplishments is a wonderful thing to see and read.

I think it even goes beyond that. Many (if not most) Duke fans had moved beyond waiting for a resurrection and had basically come to grips with the fact that "we can't compete with the big schools with looser admissions" -- and written off football completely. Cut hasn't merely rekindled a fire -- he built a fire where it had been extinguished wholly for many.

(And I will raise my hand as one of the guilty -- which is why I have been to every post-season game since Cut came).

duke blue brewcrew
06-02-2015, 11:10 AM
I think it even goes beyond that. Many (if not most) Duke fans had moved beyond waiting for a resurrection and had basically come to grips with the fact that "we can't compete with the big schools with looser admissions" -- and written off football completely. Cut hasn't merely rekindled a fire -- he built a fire where it had been extinguished wholly for many.

(And I will raise my hand as one of the guilty -- which is why I have been to every post-season game since Cut came).

Good for you OPK! I made it to the first two, but wasn't able to make the AZ trip this year. As a pre-Coach Cut Duke football fan it's crazy to say this, but I fully expect to redeem myself with a post-season bowl attendance this year. Living in Atlanta makes it difficult to see as many Duke home games as I would like. I do see them play at least twice a year in the regular season and really enjoy it. It's fun to have reasonable expectations of winning a football game..."So THIS is what that feels like, WOW!" By comparison to decades past, Coach Cut has Duke fans walking on sunshine :D

moonpie23
06-02-2015, 01:50 PM
awesome list...thanks for sharing........killer photo of urban...

tfk53
06-02-2015, 09:24 PM
What also stands out to me is that Cut and Jimbo are the only 2 from the ACC - very telling as to status of ACC football nationally.

As an Ohio State fan since 1960, I agree the Urban Meyer picture is quite a shot - would love to be able to say I had captured an image and a moment like that.

duke blue brewcrew
06-03-2015, 03:06 PM
What also stands out to me is that Cut and Jimbo are the only 2 from the ACC - very telling as to status of ACC football nationally.

As an Ohio State fan since 1960, I agree the Urban Meyer picture is quite a shot - would love to be able to say I had captured an image and a moment like that.

Agreed, I noticed that as well. The SEC gets nearly 1/3 of the list (4 total coaches named). Three of the names you would expect to see there - Spurrier, Saban & Malzahn. The one slight surprise there is Pinkel. The Big Ten gets plenty of love, Meyer as #1, Harbaugh & Dantonio. To my semi-surprise, the Big 12 equals that with Snyder, Patterson & Briles. That's truly not your father's era Big 12! The Pac 12 matches the ACC with two and the AAC sneaks one in with Memphis.