PDA

View Full Version : DiB is, well, back in Brasil! Guess what he saw there!?!?!

DukieInBrasil
05-22-2015, 06:47 PM
DiB is doing his doctoral research in a teeny tiny country town called Igarapé Açu, in the state of Pará, Brasil. About 35km equidistant from the Amazon Delta and Atlantic Ocean, almost on the equator. It is a tropical rainforest, and needless to say, hot. And steamy.
So today, when riding his bike down the street he saw an interesting sight, a new, Brooklyn Nets #1 jersey, as the dude waslked past DiB turned his head and saw "Plumlee" across the back!!! Never thought he would see that in a tiny backwoods town in Brasil! Let alone in the US. Firstly, DiB didn´t think MP2 was a big enough star to have his own jersey. Secondly, how did that jersey make it to Igarapé Açu?
This makes DiB think to ask others: what is the weirdest or most surprising Duke gear you have seen?

Me fez pensar: "É Pedreiro Plumlee para o dunk!!!" (It´s Mason Plumlee for the dunk!")

paz!!!

NashvilleDevil
05-22-2015, 07:04 PM
DiB is doing his doctoral research in a teeny tiny country town called Igarapé Açu, in the state of Pará, Brasil. About 35km equidistant from the Amazon Delta and Atlantic Ocean, almost on the equator. It is a tropical rainforest, and needless to say, hot. And steamy.
So today, when riding his bike down the street he saw an interesting sight, a new, Brooklyn Nets #1 jersey, as the dude waslked past DiB turned his head and saw "Plumlee" across the back!!! Never thought he would see that in a tiny backwoods town in Brasil! Let alone in the US. Firstly, DiB didn´t think MP2 was a big enough star to have his own jersey. Secondly, how did that jersey make it to Igarapé Açu?
This makes DiB think to ask others: what is the weirdest or most surprising Duke gear you have seen?

Me fez pensar: "É Pedreiro Plumlee para o dunk!!!" (It´s Mason Plumlee for the dunk!")

paz!!!

McConaughey's character in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days wearing a Duke tshirt

Furniture
05-22-2015, 07:46 PM

paz!!!

I am in Curitiba Brazil at the moment. I lived here for ten years. Since I left Brazil I have lived in the U.S. For 15 years. One thing I have learned is never to generalize about both of these countries. Both of them are amazing. Always expect the unexpected.

Scorp4me
05-22-2015, 08:01 PM
McConaughey's character in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days wearing a Duke tshirt

On that note, was watching an episode of the Fresh Prince today. It was a two parter where apparently Will was trying to make money off of a singing career for Ashley and Will Smith had a Duke shirt on.

But the McConaughey sighting was pretty cool too I thought.

DukieInKansas
05-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Cosby wore one on The Cosby Show when Duke beat Temple.

JetpackJesus
05-22-2015, 09:25 PM
One of the women in Mama Mia wore a Duke shirt, too.

hurleyfor3
05-22-2015, 09:33 PM
Secondly, how did that jersey make it to Igarapé Açu?

That sounds like the kind of place you're more likely to see "Kentucky 2015 National Champions" shirts.

Some 15-20 years ago I was driving through rural Louisiana. I spotted a small "Duke" sign on a house, in white letters on a blue background. Cool, I thought. Then I saw another sign just like it, and a third. Eventually I looked more closely and noticed they were campaign signs for David Duke. Ugh.

Neals384
05-23-2015, 09:19 AM
One of the women in Mama Mia wore a Duke shirt, too.

I like that one bust...er, best.

dukebluesincebirth
05-23-2015, 09:38 AM
Tupac in the Duke jersey (#5) was dope. I couldn't get the pic to copy here.

CameronBornAndBred
05-23-2015, 10:24 AM
There's an episode of Scrubs where 3 of the doctors are watching football, and the screen flashes all of about 2 seconds of the game. It took LOTS of Googling to figure out that it was Spencer Romine (who is a doctor himself now) leading the Blue Devils against #8 Georgia Tech in Wallace Wade(Oct 16th, '99). We lost the game 38-31.
Here's the scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhFRTZ4uTRc

OldPhiKap
05-23-2015, 12:38 PM
Bob Weir:

Monmouth77
05-23-2015, 02:06 PM
That photo stole my face right off my head! Where can I buy a poster sized version?

magjayran
05-26-2015, 02:46 PM
That sounds like the kind of place you're more likely to see "Kentucky 2015 National Champions" shirts.

Some 15-20 years ago I was driving through rural Louisiana. I spotted a small "Duke" sign on a house, in white letters on a blue background. Cool, I thought. Then I saw another sign just like it, and a third. Eventually I looked more closely and noticed they were campaign signs for David Duke. Ugh.

In 1991 I was in rural Louisiana with my parents for a wedding. We drove down in our minivan with the IAM4DUKE front plates. Imagine our horror when we saw the huge blue and white David Duke billboards!

OldPhiKap
06-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Bob Weir:

Pigpen and Bob, backstage, Wally Wade (hat tip to John):