PDA

View Full Version : Numbers Incoming Hoops Players Will Wear in 2015-16

1 24 90
05-18-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that some of next year's recruits were tweeting yesterday about the numbers they will be wearing.

Kennard will be wearing #5

Jeter will be wearing #2

per their twitter accounts

I also saw that Ingram is possibly wearing #14.

flyingdutchdevil
05-18-2015, 01:32 PM
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that some of next year's recruits were tweeting yesterday about the numbers they will be wearing.

Kennard will be wearing #5

Jeter will be wearing #2

per their twitter accounts

I also saw that Ingram is possibly wearing #14.

Well, that makes it easy. Jeter is my new favorite Blue Devil on the current squad.

4 years of Nolan followed by 4 years of Quinn followed by [xxx] years of Jeter? Amazing.

Will continue to be proud to wear by #2 jersey.

mr. synellinden
05-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Well, that makes it easy. Jeter is my new favorite Blue Devil on the current squad.

4 years of Nolan followed by 4 years of Quinn followed by [xxx] years of Jeter? Amazing.

Will continue to be proud to wear by #2 jersey.

Any surprise that Jeter is wearing #2? Runs in the family.

Newton_14
05-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Thought this topic deserved its own thread so I moved the posts on it out of the Welcome to Duke Luke Kennard thread and created the new thread.

Any news on what Obi, Robinson, and others will wear?

Reilly
05-18-2015, 09:39 PM
... Kennard will be wearing #5 ...

If I'm recalling correctly ... Will Avery, when asked if he had any qualms about wearing #5 right after Jeff Capel wore it: "Capel's gone."

I guess Kennard can say the same about Tyus Jones.

El_Diablo
05-19-2015, 12:40 AM
Any surprise that Jeter is wearing #2? Runs in the family.

"Number 2, baby! Just like his uncle. Just like his uncle! Mr. Yankee! Did I ever tell you, Dan, about the time I met Mr. Jeter? All class, that guy, all class. I tell you, Dan, when it comes to class, you have Derek Jeter, you have Tim Duncan, you have--"

"Peyton Manning?"

"Yes, Peyton Manning! Mr. Class himself. Oh, and you can't forget Tom Brady. He's always been a consummate professional and always plays with class. I tell you, Dan, he's getting a raw deal. Raw. Deal. Hey, Mr. Goodell, let him play! Let him play! The fans just want to see Mr. Brady play!"

"There's another three by Kennard, tying the game at 75--"

"And Dan, if we're talking class, I think you gotta start with Frank Sinatra. The one and only, baby. Old Blue Eyes! . . ."

1 24 90
05-19-2015, 08:04 AM
If I'm recalling correctly ... Will Avery, when asked if he had any qualms about wearing #5 right after Jeff Capel wore it: "Capel's gone."

I guess Kennard can say the same about Tyus Jones.

I think Tyus is fine with it based on this from USA Today:

TWEET OF THE DAY
@Tyusjones06
Take care of that number lil bro @Luke_kennard10
Former Duke guard Tyus Jones, who left for the NBA after his freshman season and a Blue Devils title, in response to heralded incoming freshman Luke Kennard, who tweeted that he would wear Jones’ No. 5.

mkirsh
05-19-2015, 08:14 AM
"Number 2, baby! Just like his uncle. Just like his uncle! Mr. Yankee! Did I ever tell you, Dan, about the time I met Mr. Jeter? All class, that guy, all class. I tell you, Dan, when it comes to class, you have Derek Jeter, you have Tim Duncan, you have--"

"Peyton Manning?"

"Yes, Peyton Manning! Mr. Class himself. Oh, and you can't forget Tom Brady. He's always been a consummate professional and always plays with class. I tell you, Dan, he's getting a raw deal. Raw. Deal. Hey, Mr. Goodell, let him play! Let him play! The fans just want to see Mr. Brady play!"

"And Dan, if we're talking class, I think you gotta start with Frank Sinatra. The one and only, baby. Old Blue Eyes! . . ."

Absolutely perfect. I now have to put you on mute though

Tom B.
05-19-2015, 11:10 AM

"Peyton Manning?"

Thanks. Now I won't be able to get that voice out of my head for the rest of the day.

(I'd spork you, but the system says I haven't been promiscuous enough with my sporks. Sorry, I tried.)

juise
05-20-2015, 01:56 AM

"Peyton Manning?"

Love it and sparked you. However, I fear that your kind was compromised by not deploying the mute button soon enough. ;)

Clay Feet POF
05-20-2015, 09:05 AM

"Peyton Manning?"

Colton: Sincerest Form of Flattery!

Lar77
05-20-2015, 10:56 AM

"Peyton Manning?"

"Tying the game at 75"? For shame, "putting us up by 75 :cool: ------ to follow "And Dan, if we're talking class, it's a shame about North Carolina..." Sorry, wrong thread.

Olympic Fan
05-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Semi Obi was assigned No. 34 last year ... that's the number he's listed at on the 2015 roster. And he's wearing that jersey number in the 2015 brochure.

Of course, he could change it going into next year .... No. 30 has opened up since the beginning of last year.

Ichabod Drain
05-20-2015, 11:29 AM
Semi Obi was assigned No. 34 last year ... that's the number he's listed at on the 2015 roster. And he's wearing that jersey number in the 2015 brochure.

Of course, he could change it going into next year .... No. 30 has opened up since the beginning of last year.

Does Sean Obi get the same number as Semi Obi? :p

MCFinARL
05-20-2015, 01:24 PM
I think Tyus is fine with it based on this from USA Today:

TWEET OF THE DAY
@Tyusjones06
Take care of that number lil bro @Luke_kennard10
Former Duke guard Tyus Jones, who left for the NBA after his freshman season and a Blue Devils title, in response to heralded incoming freshman Luke Kennard, who tweeted that he would wear Jones’ No. 5.

Also tweeting about numbers, Nolan Smith and Chase Jeter:

Chase Jeter @chasejeter04 · May 18
@NdotSmitty yessir Fam. No doubt !!

Chase Jeter retweeted
Nolan Smith @NdotSmitty · May 18
I hear you are wearing #2 young killa! We will talk when you get here, about what needs to be done! @chasejeter04

Love the idea of Nolan instructing Jeter on the requirements of #2.

Skitzle
05-20-2015, 01:56 PM

Also a big fan of K instructing the freshman on the requirements of #1 :) GO DUKE!

SCMatt33
05-20-2015, 02:46 PM

As long as Nolan's requirements for #2 are different than Kobe and the Lakers (https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/600828519417937920), I'm good with it.

Newton_14
05-20-2015, 10:45 PM
Also tweeting about numbers, Nolan Smith and Chase Jeter:

Agree McFinarny one! That is really cool! Nolan layin down the law for the rook! Hopefully Jeter is a good listener and applies the lessons from Nolan to his game.

Really excited for next season! Lots of potential. So many interesting storylines.

So we have:
Kennard- 5
Jeter- 2
Obi- 34?
Ingram- 14

Anything on the other freshmen yet?

quahog174
05-21-2015, 07:40 PM
Obi should petition to wear # 08I. Although on second thought Semi would make it # 040.5

1999ballboy
05-22-2015, 02:30 AM
Obi needs to wear #1. Obi-1.

neemizzle
05-23-2015, 12:09 AM
Obi needs to wear #1. Obi-1.

Only makes sense with a Luke on the team.

Makes PERFECT sense with Star Wars: Force Awakens coming out in December, right when the season REALLY gets going.

:cool: