PDA

View Full Version : MBB: 2001 NCAA Champs! 82-72

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
05-17-2015, 01:28 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone - Duke over AZ behind an amazing flurry from Dunleavy and a stand out MVP performance from Battier.

:) What? It's only been 14 years...

brevity
05-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Wow, 3 titles for Coach K now, which ties him with Bobby Knight among active coaches. When will he win a 4th? Sure don't want to wait another 9 years.

It was truly amazing to see Shane Battier cap off his college career like this. How do you think he will fare in the NBA? Even if he never makes an All-Star Game, I think he'll find a niche as the ultimate teammate who does all the little things well. Someone whose value goes beyond the standard box score. Like a No-Stats All-Star.

It would be great to see Shane use his smarts to stay in the league and become a crafty veteran for a title contender. I'm purely guessing, but somewhere out there is a tenth grader that will score the points and allow Shane to be a game changer just by coming off the bench.

Hey, the Masters are coming up in a few days. Think we'll see a Tiger Slam?

Duvall
05-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Wow, 3 titles for Coach K now, which ties him with Bobby Knight among active coaches. When will he win a 4th? Sure don't want to wait another 9 years.

It was truly amazing to see Shane Battier cap off his college career like this. How do you think he will fare in the NBA? Even if he never makes an All-Star Game, I think he'll find a niche as the ultimate teammate who does all the little things well. Someone whose value goes beyond the standard box score. Like a No-Stats All-Star.

It really was great to see seniors like Battier and Nate James finish their careers with a national championship after paying their dues for four years, including some time coming off the bench. I doubt we will be lucky enough to ever see another storybook ending like that.

Bad news, though. SI's Seth Davis is reporting that Jason Williams is planning to enter the draft, and you have to think a writer for Sports Illustrated knows what he is talking about.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
05-17-2015, 02:50 PM
It really was great to see seniors like Battier and Nate James finish their careers with a national championship after paying their dues for four years, including some time coming off the bench. I doubt we will be lucky enough to ever see another storybook ending like that.

Bad news, though. SI's Seth Davis is reporting that Jason Williams is planning to enter the draft, and you have to think a writer for Sports Illustrated knows what he is talking about.

It's really a shame to see the end of the four year legacy at Duke. How attached can fans get to players in only three short years? Juniors are usually woefully unprepared for the rigors of the NBA.

dukelifer
05-17-2015, 02:54 PM

The sophomore class is amazing. I wonder if a bunch of Duke Freshman will ever lead Duke to a title.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
05-17-2015, 03:04 PM
The sophomore class is amazing. I wonder if a bunch of Duke Freshman will ever lead Duke to a title.

Under Coach K? Unlikely. You have to earn your starting role through years of hard work and he's never going to change his style.

NSDukeFan
05-17-2015, 03:17 PM

Under Coach K? Unlikely. You have to earn your starting role through years of hard work and he's never going to change his style.

Never going to happen. About as likely as Coach K abandoning his pressure man-to-man defence.

dukelifer
05-17-2015, 03:41 PM

Last year he had to adapt and Jason Williams and the other guys had to play bigger roles. The game is certainly changing with folks leaving for the NBA. I suspect that K will adjust although with 3 titles he may consider the NBA as a new challenge. They guy is only 54 and really what is left for him. Win a 1000 games? Like that will ever happen.

dukelifer
05-17-2015, 03:47 PM

I heard that he is close to finishing his degree and may try to get it in 3 years. Whatever happens the NBA - that guy has a bright future.

Tripping William
05-17-2015, 03:57 PM
If the sophs can be convinced to return, this team has the makings of a repeat. Unless, of course, some former MLB catcher completely botches an end-of-the-game call in the Sweet 16.

Troublemaker
05-17-2015, 04:36 PM

It would be great to see Shane use his smarts to stay in the league and become a crafty veteran for a title contender. I'm purely guessing, but somewhere out there is a tenth grader that will score the points and allow Shane to be a game changer just by coming off the bench.

Hey, the Masters are coming up in a few days. Think we'll see a Tiger Slam?

Looks like we're all a little bit late commenting on this game. Julio and Boswell must've had some trouble sending out posting codes in the aftermath of this championship. Heck, I don't blame them. I've been celebrating like crazy, too!

What a great way to send off our seniors Shane and Nate! I'm especially proud of Nate, who sacrificed his role on the team so that a freshman PG could step in and play. Not sure what Nate did for Duhon and the level of leadership he and Shane displayed all season will ever be replicated.

The most amazing part of this win is that our best player in practice, Dahntay Jones, wasn't even eligible yet. Next season, after Dahntay is off redshirt and with Daniel Ewing coming in and after some summer workouts for Horvath, I really think we're going to go deeper than the 7-man rotation we saw this year.

The only damper on the game was Lute Olson's postgame interview where he said that J-Will fouled out twice. While Lute did give Duke credit for outplaying Arizona, overall he set a new bar for being ungracious in defeat that will stand the test of time among national championship losers.

Before we go, let's take a look at the advanced stats for this game. Duke had the edge in both A:TO ratio and field goal percentage, which I think were two huge keys to the game. I know some of you scoff and say, "The only stat that matters is the score at the end of the game," but I've always felt you do yourself a disservice if you can't look beyond the basic stats. Thank God for stats like A:TO ratio for really improving my understanding of the game.

NSDukeFan
05-17-2015, 04:50 PM
Looks like we're all a little bit late commenting on this game. Julio and Boswell must've had some trouble sending out posting codes in the aftermath of this championship. Heck, I don't blame them. I've been celebrating like crazy, too!

What a great way to send off our seniors Shane and Nate! I'm especially proud of Nate, who sacrificed his role on the team so that a freshman PG could step in and play. Not sure what Nate did for Duhon and the level of leadership he and Shane displayed all season will ever be replicated.

The most amazing part of this win is that our best player in practice, Dahntay Jones, wasn't even eligible yet. Next season, after Dahntay is off redshirt and with Daniel Ewing coming in and after some summer workouts for Horvath, I really think we're going to go deeper than the 7-man rotation we saw this year.

The only damper on the game was Lute Olson's postgame interview where he said that J-Will fouled out twice. While Lute did give Duke credit for outplaying Arizona, overall he set a new bar for being ungracious in defeat that will stand the test of time among national championship losers.

Before we go, let's take a look at the advanced stats for this game. Duke had the edge in both A:TO ratio and field goal percentage, which I think were two huge keys to the game. I know some of you scoff and say, "The only stat that matters is the score at the end of the game," but I've always felt you do yourself a disservice if you can't look beyond the basic stats. Thank God for stats like A:TO ratio for really improving my understanding of the game.

I think it's cool how they now separate offensive and defensive rebounds into their own categories for stats geeks like me.

CameronBlue
05-17-2015, 04:57 PM

Think we'll see a Tiger Slam?

Whether you're referring to the 4 majors or Elin Nordegren hitting him with something like a golf club for instance...both seem pretty unlikely to me. Were the latter to happen she'd probably choose a short iron, like a nine or a wedge. It's all about generating club head speed and swinging through the point of contact.

brevity
05-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Whether you're referring to the 4 majors or Elin Nordegren hitting him with something like a golf club for instance...both seem pretty unlikely to me. Were the latter to happen she'd probably choose a short iron, like a nine or a wedge. It's all about generating club head speed and swinging through the point of contact.

Who's Elin Nordegren? I did a Lycos search (Google's just a fad) and found that Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik has a nanny named Elin. Is that her?

Anyway, she sounds violent, and is probably a bad influence. Tiger doesn't need that distraction if he's going to claim the record for most major titles. I mean, we're all Tiger fans here, right?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
05-17-2015, 05:21 PM
I think it's cool how they now separate offensive and defensive rebounds into their own categories for stats geeks like me.

We clearly live in an enlightened age for stats geeks.

(Thanks for playing along, everyone)

Jarhead
05-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Is there some way I can give sporks to everyone posting in this thread Nice work, folks.

roywhite
05-17-2015, 05:28 PM

Yeah, sour grapes from Lute, but is it any surprise when the media played that "Duke gets all the calls" theme all evening; thanks a lot, Billy Packer.

I'm not sure we'll ever get a break from these announcers; if things get worse, we'll have to convince some of our own players to make a career in broadcasting.

dukelifer
05-17-2015, 05:59 PM
Yeah, sour grapes from Lute, but is it any surprise when the media played that "Duke gets all the calls" theme all evening; thanks a lot, Billy Packer.

I'm not sure we'll ever get a break from these announcers; if things get worse, we'll have to convince some of our own players to make a career in broadcasting.

Could happen. Grant is very telegenic so that could be in his future. I hope he comes back from his injury. He had such a great year last year averaging over 25 pts a game. Something tells me that this could take a while. Ankle injuries are tricky. Bilas is doing well at ESPN since leaving Duke. I suspect we will be hearing more from him down the line.

Troublemaker
05-17-2015, 06:21 PM

*Nods head*

We are like-minded, NSDukeFan. I bet you will also be re-loading Charlie Board's site ad nauseam until he adds this title game to his archive.

ChaBo is a college basketball stats God.

Eternal Outlaw
05-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Still can't get over the Maryland comeback that they pulled out on Saturday night to make this one possible. Never any quit in these guys and never a lack of fight. Find a way to get it done like a backhand tip in.

dukelifer
05-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Still can't get over the Maryland comeback that they pulled out on Saturday night to make this one possible. Never any quit in these guys and never a lack of fight. Find a way to get it done like a backhand tip in.
Duke had Maryland's number this year but they will be very good next year. Their core is coming back and are seniors. I would not be surprised to see Dixon contend for ACC player of the year. I am not predicting a NC but they are a likely FF team-and if you get there anything is possible.

NSDukeFan
05-17-2015, 06:55 PM
Duke had Maryland's number this year but they will be very good next year. Their core is coming back and are seniors. I would not be surprised to see Dixon contend for ACC player of the year. I am not predicting a NC but they are a likely FF team-and if you get there anything is possible.

I don't think Maryland will be able to recover from the Final Four collapse. Gary Williams can't win the big one.

Troublemaker
05-17-2015, 07:04 PM

Yeah, what great games both the FF and NC games were. They were free-flowing, high-scoring, entertaining basketball games.

Stark contrast to last year's disastrous 53-41 semifinal game between MSU and Wisconsin.

I was so glad when the Badgers lost in the first-round this year. I think that's a wrap for the so-called "Pack Line" defense, although I do hope Dick Bennett recovers from his burnout. That said, I don't expect to see his defensive creation plaguing college basketball again in the future.

The Duke-Maryland and Duke-Arizona games will serve as the template for how college basketball should be played for many, many years into the future.

Entertaining basketball is here to stay.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
05-17-2015, 07:34 PM

Maryland was toast after Gone in 59 Seconds. Broke their spirit.

I wish there were some way I could rewatch that over and over through my computer or something.

NSDukeFan
05-17-2015, 07:46 PM

I wish there were some way I could rewatch that over and over through my computer or something.

If you load up Netscape, you can probably find a write-up about it.

phaedrus
05-17-2015, 10:30 PM

I'd go so far as to say it's high time they found a different, weaker conference to play in.

BobbyFan
05-17-2015, 11:34 PM
Jason Williams' 3 pointer with a minute to go coming off a screen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJEFxX30awA&feature=player_detailpage#t=1116) was the dagger that had me raising the roof to all the Duke haters I was watching the game with. Would be great to have Jim Nantz call a similar moment again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKI9dGHxL_A&feature=player_detailpage#t=261).

Congrats to Shane, who represents all that is good in this world. I'm going to miss him, but the secret in practice is out: Dahntay Jones is more than ready to fill his shoes.

subzero02
05-17-2015, 11:48 PM
Jason Williams' away message on instant messenger says he'll BRB. I hope that means he'll be back for his junior year. With Casey Sanders' improved play off the bench we could go undefeated or average 100 points per game, or both.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
05-18-2015, 12:47 AM

What I really wish is that there were some sort of "Web Site" where Duke fans could gather for information and conversation. I have some really impressive opinions about who will play what minutes next year, but I have no outlet to let the world know.

All I have is this awkward "list-serve" that seems to exist mostly so that Duke fans can predict the scores of ACC football games.

(eye roll) because Duke football has ANYTHING worthy of predictions.

Troublemaker
05-18-2015, 12:49 AM
Jason Williams' 3 pointer with a minute to go coming off a screen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJEFxX30awA&feature=player_detailpage#t=1116) was the dagger that had me raising the roof to all the Duke haters I was watching the game with. Would be great to have Jim Nantz call a similar moment again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKI9dGHxL_A&feature=player_detailpage#t=261).

JWill's shot was definitely phat. Prior to his shot, Arizona was still hanging around like a chad. (I know, I know, BOOOO, we're all sick of hearing about that!) And JWill himself hadn't been all that and a bag of chips in this game, but nevertheless Coach showed confidence in him by dialing up his signature high-screen play ("L.A."), and JWill responded by hitting the shot and fully punching Duke's card as national champions. Ballgame. Time to get on a dais and raise our championship bling-bling. Including an MOP trophy inscribed with Battier's easy-to-pronounce name.

Dev11
05-18-2015, 12:58 AM
Thanks to Saturday's win over Maryland, one of my friends has to wear my Duke sweatshirt to school every day this week. I couldn't think of a better bet, but hey give me a break, I'm in middle school.

I'll say it now, whoever gets the first pick in the draft better not waste it on that high school kid Kwame Brown. I hope my Wizards take Shane Battier, but with that Heel they recently hired to run the basketball team, I can't say I'm confident. Would it be too much to ask MJ to suit up in Nikes rather than Armani for some games?

dukelifer
05-18-2015, 07:12 AM
Thanks to Saturday's win over Maryland, one of my friends has to wear my Duke sweatshirt to school every day this week. I couldn't think of a better bet, but hey give me a break, I'm in middle school.

I'll say it now, whoever gets the first pick in the draft better not waste it on that high school kid Kwame Brown. I hope my Wizards take Shane Battier, but with that Heel they recently hired to run the basketball team, I can't say I'm confident. Would it be too much to ask MJ to suit up in Nikes rather than Armani for some games?

The kid that impressed me in the Hoops Summit when Duhon played last year was the guard Tony Parker from France. He had 20 pts and scored at will. He is going to be a steal. Whatever team gets him is going to be good for a decade or more.

Troublemaker
05-18-2015, 08:54 AM

One of the ways I'm relishing this championship is by reading as many online writeups about it as I can. But let me tell you something. Having like 10 browser windows open at a time can really slow the computer to a crawl.

I don't even know why I bother reading anyone but Jay Bilas, though. He's most astute college basketball analyst around!

MChambers
05-18-2015, 10:56 AM
Interesting how Coach K stubbornly sticks to playing man to man, even when he's got foul trouble and a short bench. I doubt he'll ever play a zone, at least not for another decade.

roywhite
05-18-2015, 11:05 AM
Nice to see Nate James go out with a win; he was a key piece and showed real maturity when he went from starter to coming off the bench.

A real team guy, and not somebody you'd want to mess with. Wonder if he'll stay connected somehow to the Duke program?

Duvall
05-18-2015, 12:14 PM
I don't even know why I bother reading anyone but Jay Bilas, though. He's most astute college basketball analyst around!

You know what I like about Bilas? The way he stays focused on the game he's calling, without digressing into side issues and other obsessions.

DukieInKansas
05-18-2015, 01:17 PM
What I really wish is that there were some sort of "Web Site" where Duke fans could gather for information and conversation. I have some really impressive opinions about who will play what minutes next year, but I have no outlet to let the world know.

All I have is this awkward "list-serve" that seems to exist mostly so that Duke fans can predict the scores of ACC football games.

(eye roll) because Duke football has ANYTHING worthy of predictions.

And there should be a place where we can all discuss vertical leaps based on the cinder block clearance in pictures.

NSDukeFan
05-18-2015, 07:59 PM
Nice to see Nate James go out with a win; he was a key piece and showed real maturity when he went from starter to coming off the bench.

A real team guy, and not somebody you'd want to mess with. Wonder if he'll stay connected somehow to the Duke program?

I sure hope so. Wouldn't it be cool if he ended up on the Duke bench sometime? Is there anyone tall enough on the bench to coach big men? Johnny D., Collins and Wojo were all guards, so they couldn't possibly coach big men.

dukelifer
05-19-2015, 06:45 AM
I sure hope so. Wouldn't it be cool if he ended up on the Duke bench sometime? Is there anyone tall enough on the bench to coach big men? Johnny D., Collins and Wojo were all guards, so they couldn't possibly coach big men.

This probably needs its own thread- maybe every year. Each year it will need to be pointed out that the best big man coach was Pete Newell and he was only 6' 2". Now whether a true big man can actually develop at Duke because of K's offensive philosophy- that is a different discussion.

mkirsh
05-19-2015, 08:11 AM
I don't want to jinx it, but think we have a chance for a 3 peat with this group. Outside of J-Will, I don't think any of these guys will leave early - Boozer is an NBA tweener, too small to play center and no face up game to play 4; Dunleavy is the definition of a 4 year player; and maybe Duhon has NBA size but despite winning the McDonald's 3 point contest, hasn't demonstrated an ability to shoot from 35 feet away. Despite what Seth Davis says, I think JWill comes back to play with his buddy Dahntay Jones. UNC fans will once again think there is some conspiracy theory to Coach K keeping players around longer than they are "supposed to".

Speaking of UNC, the fact that we are now even in titles has to freak them out. I bet they will do everything short of lie, cheat, and steal to get ahead. I was originally relieved when Roy Williams turned them down and basically said he didn't give a heck about them, but I worry that Doherty may be for real. He proved he could coach at Notre Dame, and now is recruiting well. I hope Coach K has at least 5 years left in him, and then can hand the program over to Quinn Synder who is building a nice program at Mizzou.

NSDukeFan
05-19-2015, 11:39 AM
This probably needs its own thread- maybe every year. Each year it will need to be pointed out that the best big man coach was Pete Newell and he was only 6' 2". Now whether a true big man can actually develop at Duke because of K's offensive philosophy- that is a different discussion.

Maybe someone could do up a pocket guide about things Duke fans would be most likely to discuss.
With the lack of big man coach, I expect Gminski will have the career rebounds record forever. The team hasn't recruited an elite back to the basket scorer and someone who could protect the paint since Elton. The staff also hasn't been able to recruit an elite 3-point shooting guard since Trajan.

dukelifer
05-19-2015, 12:47 PM
I don't want to jinx it, but think we have a chance for a 3 peat with this group. Outside of J-Will, I don't think any of these guys will leave early - Boozer is an NBA tweener, too small to play center and no face up game to play 4; Dunleavy is the definition of a 4 year player; and maybe Duhon has NBA size but despite winning the McDonald's 3 point contest, hasn't demonstrated an ability to shoot from 35 feet away. Despite what Seth Davis says, I think JWill comes back to play with his buddy Dahntay Jones. UNC fans will once again think there is some conspiracy theory to Coach K keeping players around longer than they are "supposed to".

Speaking of UNC, the fact that we are now even in titles has to freak them out. I bet they will do everything short of lie, cheat, and steal to get ahead. I was originally relieved when Roy Williams turned them down and basically said he didn't give a heck about them, but I worry that Doherty may be for real. He proved he could coach at Notre Dame, and now is recruiting well. I hope Coach K has at least 5 years left in him, and then can hand the program over to Quinn Synder who is building a nice program at Mizzou.

Doherty's collapse at the end of this season will not sit well with UNC fans. I also heard that he and Forte are not getting along and Forte will likely go pro. Also Curry is not going to return. Next season could be rocky for UNC. Who is going to play pt guard- Adam Boone? I doubt they win 10 games. Could be the worst season at UNC since the 60's.

devildeac
05-19-2015, 12:49 PM
Doherty's collapse at the end of this season will not sit well with UNC fans. I also heard that he and Forte are not getting along and Forte will likely go pro. Also Curry is not going to return. Next season could be rocky for UNC. Who is going to play pt guard- Adam Boone? I doubt they win 10 games. Could be the worst season at UNC since the 60's.

Maybe so, but do you even give a @#$% about c*rolina :rolleyes:;) .

dukelifer
05-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Maybe so, but do you even give a @#$% about c*rolina :rolleyes:;) .

Who would ever use such language- but the program is elite and if Doherty fails as I suspect- they will bring in Roy Williams as he won't be able to watch a sinking ship from Kansas. That guy is good enough to bring UNC back to a championship or maybe two. So Doherty failing could mean that UNC will be really good again under a different coach. I would rather that they be close but no cigar for the foreseeable future then win two more championships.

IrishDevil
05-19-2015, 04:40 PM
What a team and what a game! Though, I'll be honest, I would have enjoyed it just a bit more if Billy Packer hadn't used every other breath to remind me that Gilbert Arenas was injured and was not playing like himself. That being said, there's a guy with a bright NBA future. Difficult to think that anything short of something way out of left field, like weapons and explosives charges, derailing what will certainly be an impressive career.

roywhite
05-19-2015, 04:49 PM
What a team and what a game! Though, I'll be honest, I would have enjoyed it just a bit more if Billy Packer hadn't used every other breath to remind me that Gilbert Arenas was injured and was not playing like himself. That being said, there's a guy with a bright NBA future. Difficult to think that anything short of something way out of left field, like weapons and explosives charges, derailing what will certainly be an impressive career.

Yeah, seeyah, Gilbert!

Maybe some of our guys will run into you in the NBA, but it's not like you'll bump into Coach K again.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
05-20-2015, 05:23 AM

He doesn't seem like the sort to shoot himself in the foot.

Super thanks to everyone for playing along here - it's been a fun trip down memory lane. Also, has made me realize how many things look so clear (for better or for worse) in the reflection of a championship. Additionally, makes me thankful that we do have DBR for our next several trips to the dais to receive large trophies. :)

Lots more fun than some of the much more contentious off-season threads.

Please, continue to analyze via the rear view mirrow.

NashvilleDevil
05-20-2015, 07:20 AM
I found it impressive during this run that Duke won every tournament game by double digits. Down 22 to Maryland and won by double digits. What a special team and I doubt we see another leader at Duke like Shane.

Tripping William
05-20-2015, 08:20 AM
I found it impressive during this run that Duke won every tournament game by double digits. Down 22 to Maryland and won by double digits. What a special team and I doubt we see another leader at Duke like Shane.

Very true, but did anyone (anyone at all) think it was over when Boozer broke his foot during that late-season home loss to Maryland?

dukelifer
05-20-2015, 07:18 PM
Very true, but did anyone (anyone at all) think it was over when Boozer broke his foot during that late-season home loss to Maryland?

Never. This is not a board where folks lose hope in the season after a loss or two. K always finds a way.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
05-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Never. This is not a board where folks lose hope in the season after a loss or two. K always finds a way.

(hrmmm... I seem to recall a thread where people were guessing we would win half our ACC games after two losses this year... prompted me to start the infamous "Optimism Thread.")

dukelifer
05-20-2015, 10:32 PM
(hrmmm... I seem to recall a thread where people were guessing we would win half our ACC games after two losses this year... prompted me to start the infamous "Optimism Thread.")

Sarcasm

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
05-20-2015, 10:39 PM
Sarcasm

Oh, I know. Sarcasm on top of sarcasm.

Never plays well online.

Dev11
05-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Oh, I know. Sarcasm on top of sarcasm.

Never plays well online.

Can I shut down a thread for Poe's Law?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
05-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Can I shut down a thread for Poe's Law?

Well, our other championship threads seem to last for years. :) Why would we ever want to shut down a championship thread?

Best get back on topic kids. Let's look ahead at projected minutes for 2001-2002.

El_Diablo
05-31-2015, 01:30 AM
Regardless of whether Jason comes back, I think we are locks for a repeat next year. Not only is Dahntay Jones going to fill in just fine for Shane, but we're also bringing in Daniel Ewing and a vastly underrated Mark Causey (arguably the best high school basketball player in the state of Georgia). Here is his highlight "mix tape":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DXCvTD3_fM

As you can see, this guy is an absolute baller, and I expect him to be All-ACC before he finishes up at Duke.

El_Diablo
05-31-2015, 01:33 AM

I think UNC will be pretty strong next year. Brian Bersticker should finally be healthy, and Wheat has convinced me that this guy is the real deal. Maybe not quite as good as Loren Woods...but who is?

MarkD83
06-07-2015, 09:22 AM
You know it would be fun to see all 3 championship threads near the top of the first page so here is 2001.

No threads for 1991 and 1992 DBR was too young at the time.

Troublemaker
06-07-2015, 11:07 AM
You know it would be fun to see all 3 championship threads near the top of the first page so here is 2001.

No threads for 1991 and 1992 DBR was too young at the time.

Actually, just use your modem and terminal program to connect to the BBS. There are two threads on the BBS discussing those championships.

MarkD83
06-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Actually, just use your modem and terminal program to connect to the BBS. There are two threads on the BBS discussing those championships.

Is there a way to transfer over or recreate the last two or three posts from these threads so we have 5 National Championship Threads going!!!??!!!

madscavenger
06-07-2015, 06:01 PM
................No threads for 1991 and 1992 DBR was too young at the time.

Too young at the time? Too young! What are you trying to say, whippersnapper? Listen up Jungster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9RchGMmizg&t=18s

;):D