PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Five Movies (Edited)

Udaman
05-11-2015, 03:56 PM
So we have a poll for the Top 5......let's do one for the bottom.

My parameter for this is that the movie is one that actually aspires to be a high grossing movie (so no Hot Pursuit or Entourage).

Also, no pick of "Others" Allowed, unless you think it will be either Minions, Inside Out or Jurassic Park (I'm taking both of those out to make room).

Pick 5. We can call this the "Jason Evans Picked The Dark Knight" in this group (even though that's likely not the case)

(OK - 3rd time is the charm....yeesh must be a Monday. Mods, can you delete the other two polls)

BD80
05-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Are we allowed to pick any of the same movies we picked for the top 5?

(yes, I understand that would reduce my chances of winning both polls)

Olympic Fan
05-11-2015, 06:40 PM
I just want to be clear -- the contest is to pick the five lowest-grossing movies listed above, right?

It doesn't matter about expectations -- for example, $150 million for Jurassic Park would be a major disappointment, but would unlikely to be in the bottom five.

Am I understanding it right?

JasonEvans
05-11-2015, 10:26 PM
This doesn't really work. Some of these films are just totally different from the others in terms of marketing and budget.

If Mad Max, Tomorrowland, Ted 2, Terminator, Ant-Man, Mission Impossible, or Fantastic Four make only $100 million, it would be a huge disappointment and a potential financial disaster for the backers of those films (though some of them will do enough internationally that domestic failutre can be mitigated). If Poltergeist, Trainwreck, Pixels, or Vacation make $100 million it will be a major success and at least a little bit of a surprise. I just think comparing these films is really problematic as the anticipated success of each is so different.

-Jason "now, you know what would be kinda fun? How about a contest to pick the 5 films that will have the lowest or the highest Rotten Tomatoes scores?" Evans