PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft: Jamison Crowder to Washington Redskins

Reilly
05-02-2015, 05:36 AM
Getting ready for some more great Duke football news when Crowder gets drafted. But there cannot be much more good news than this heartwarming feature on Jamison and family that came out last year that I had missed (saw it linked to on Scout's The Devil's Den free football board).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=599H8GJ2Vt4

Ima Facultiwyfe
05-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Wow.
Love, Ima

mattman91
05-02-2015, 10:32 AM
ONIONS!

Proud to be able to call both Laken and Jamison Blue Devils.

MCFinARL
05-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Very nice story. Thanks for posting. And best of luck to Jamison--here is hoping he gets drafted by a team where he is a good fit and has good opportunities.

Faison1
05-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Wow! What a story. Between the hoops and football programs, we are all very lucky to be Duke fans.

As an aside, I think I'll have to show that to my wife....she's always up for a good cry.

Where is Jamison projected to go in the draft? Fingers crossed for him.

Bob Green
05-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Where is Jamison projected to go in the draft? Fingers crossed for him.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jamison-crowder?id=2552415

Draft Projection Rounds 4 or 5

Merlindevildog91
05-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Early in Round 4 to the Redskins. I only got to see the announcement because it was online; for whatever reason it wasn't on the television. All the announcers had nice things to say about him; the knock was size and speed. I don't think his speed is a problem.

wilson
05-02-2015, 12:30 PM
I'll be honest; I'm not terribly excited about this. Washington's QB situation is questionable and their owner is a dirtbag.

jjredickrules
05-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Go Redskins!

I'm happy to see a Duke guy I cheered on in person on my hometown team.

The Redskins need to figure out their QB situation, but JC can also get his in the return game.

chrishoke
05-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Congrats Jamison! Pick # 105, 4th round! I love having him on the east coast.

Merlindevildog91
05-02-2015, 12:39 PM
It won't be an onerous trip for his parents and brother, at least. I would have preferred a team without a QB issue and a defense that will cause a few punts, but it is what it is.

In fairness to Dan Snyder, he did pump some of his ill-gotten gains into the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria. Paid for a wing of the building. Not a fan of his, but not a fan of too many major sports owners either.

Dev11
05-02-2015, 12:40 PM
Go Redskins!

I'm happy to see a Duke guy I cheered on in person on my hometown team.

The Redskins need to figure out their QB situation, but JC can also get his in the return game.

As a perennially doubtful Redskins fan, I am finding my emotions hard to reconcile. On the one hand, I trust the organization to constantly find ways to screw up. On the other hand, I love me some Jamison Crowder.

Crossing my fingers and covering my eyes. Congratulations Jamison!

Bob Green
05-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Congratulations to Jamison Crowder!!!

luvdahops
05-02-2015, 12:53 PM
I'll be honest; I'm not terribly excited about this. Washington's QB situation is questionable and their owner is a dirtbag.

Really wished the Bears had drafted him. He would have fit perfectly as a slot receiver and kick returner. Oh well. Best of luck to Jamison though - great kid and a great story.

Duvall
05-02-2015, 12:57 PM

Hey, at least the checks will clear.

Henderson
05-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Washington's QB situation is questionable and their owner is a dirtbag.

But he's a little dirtbag. Kind of a dirtbaguette.

Go Jamison. You did it. Congratulations.

MCFinARL
05-02-2015, 01:10 PM
As a perennially doubtful Redskins fan, I am finding my emotions hard to reconcile. On the one hand, I trust the organization to constantly find ways to screw up. On the other hand, I love me some Jamison Crowder.

Couldn't agree more with every part of this post. On the bright side, good for Crowder to go so early in the fourth round.

devildeac
05-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Some outstanding Crowder moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVog9z1VpuQ

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/dukes-jamison-crowder-68-yard-205044267.html

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/sports/jamison-crowders-electrifying-punt-return-td-acc-must-see-moment/vp-AA7bL8K

And my personal favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC-F-Vxf36g

Way to go, man. Congrats!

blazindw
05-02-2015, 01:18 PM
As Dev11 pointed out to me on Twitter, 2 of the 3 podcast hosts have had their NFL teams draft Duke players in this draft (Tomlinson - my Lions, Crowder - Dev11's Washington Football Team). All that's left is for JasonEvans' Falcons to get Takoby Cofield and the trifecta will be complete!

Merlindevildog91
05-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Some outstanding Crowder moments:

Way to go, man. Congrats!

DD, you always find ways to make me cry happy tears....

OldPhiKap
05-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Congratulations, JC!

bjornolf
05-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Can't wait to see Crowder play for my team on Sundays! We may have crappy QBs, but they throw bubble screens like nobody's business.

And I have a feeling our defense will be forcing more punts this year.

juise
05-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Eagles fan says: at least is wasn't Dallas.

Congrats and best wishes to the best playmaker I've seen at Duke side I matriculated in 2000.

Reilly
05-02-2015, 06:06 PM

Couldn't agree more with every part of this post. On the bright side, good for Crowder to go so early in the fourth round.

Can't wait to see Crowder play for my team on Sundays! We may have crappy QBs, but they throw bubble screens like nobody's business.

And I have a feeling our defense will be forcing more punts this year.

I'm in the same boat. The Redskins were my first love. My dad would bet me a nickel on every game and let me have the Redskins even though we both liked them. I wore a Charley Taylor jersey to school, had a Redskins thermos and lunch box, and lived and died for them. I cried in 1974 at Clint Longley, and was upset I couldn't stay awake to see 9-5 in 1978 (damn those 9 pm EST MNF starts). I languished for 17 years on the waiting list to get season tickets (updating my address 6 times; getting a postcard every year telling me my number on the list) and then was a season ticket holder for 8 years (going to my first game with the flu and a temp over 100 degrees -- I wasn't missing it). And then, Dan Snyder happened. I cringed when SOS signed with them b/c I had learned enough of Snyder by that time and seriously wanted SOS to take the Tampa job -- even though the Redskins were my team and I love SOS. I was ready to check out after that, but Gibbs II arrived so I stuck it out through 2007. But then I chucked it all due to Snyder -- and I have not missed a single thing in the past 7 years.

But now there's Jamison. As likable a player as there is, with the greatest catch in Duke football history -- or at least in the last 50 years.

Guess I'll have to pay attention again.

Newton_14
05-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Eagles fan says: at least is wasn't Dallas.

Congrats and best wishes to the best playmaker I've seen at Duke side I matriculated in 2000.

Cowboys fan says: at least it wasn't Philly.

Guess I will pull for Jamison to catch 4 TD passes while losing by 30 each week.

Dev11
05-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Cowboys fan says: at least it wasn't Philly.

Guess I will pull for Jamison to catch 4 TD passes while losing by 30 each week.

Never count out the Skins in this department.

Reddevil
05-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Takoby Cofield, OT, Redskins

Issac Blakeney, WR, 49ers

Jordan DeWalt-Ondijo, DE, Eagles

Anthony Boone, QB, Lions

blazindw
05-03-2015, 02:31 AM

Anthony Boone, QB, Lions

Duketroit Lions!! Hopefully Boone can show and prove and latch on to be either the backup or 3rd string QB in Detroit!

moonpie23
05-03-2015, 03:34 AM
i don't like some of these teams.....but i do like these duke players....

rsvman
05-03-2015, 01:03 PM
I, too, am a long-suffering Redskins fan. I hope they can find a way to use Crowder. As others have mentioned, maybe in punt returns or kick-off returns?

The Redskins aren't very good, but if there's one thing they have a lot of, it's talented receivers.

Son of Jarhead
05-03-2015, 02:13 PM

Anthony Boone, QB, Lions

David Helton (LB) signed a free agent contract with the NY Jets.

Bob Green
05-03-2015, 03:18 PM

Here is the announcement:

Duke Football ‏@Duke_FB · 2h2 hours ago
Full release on David Helton heading to the @nyjets is here. So proud of all he did at @DukeU, on & off the field - http://goduke.us/1dFvIh6

duke blue brewcrew
05-04-2015, 10:35 PM

Duke Nation should tweet Greenie of the Mike & Mike Show (@MikeAndMike), and ask him if he's excited as a Jets fan about the Helton signing

Son of Jarhead
05-04-2015, 11:51 PM
We can add DE Dezmond Johnson (Bengals) and RB Josh Sneed (Broncos) to the list of free agent signees.

Dev11
05-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Per Duke Football on various social media, every senior who participated in pro day activities has signed with a team, 9 guys in total. That's impressive.

jimsumner
05-05-2015, 02:00 PM
Per Duke Football on various social media, every senior who participated in pro day activities has signed with a team, 9 guys in total. That's impressive.

Now, if we can only get Connor Vernon hooked up with someone.

Note that Matt Daniels, Thad Lewis, Juwan Thompson and Cooper Helfet all made NFL rosters as undrafted free agents. So, it's not like these guys are Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

duke blue brewcrew
05-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Now, if we can only get Connor Vernon hooked up with someone.

Note that Matt Daniels, Thad Lewis, Juwan Thompson and Cooper Helfet all made NFL rosters as undrafted free agents. So, it's not like these guys are Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

does anyone have the scoop on Kenny Anunike? Is he sticking w/ the Broncos this year? Hope so!

Tom B.
05-06-2015, 11:49 AM

I could watch that higlight all day because it's a perfect example of what I loved most about Crowder and his game -- he just seemed to want the ball more than anyone else. I mean, Crowder had to go up in the air between two defenders, got hit from in front and behind, and landed on his head....but he still caught and held on to the ball. That was one of those "I am catching this ball and nobody is stopping me!" plays.

duke blue brewcrew
05-06-2015, 12:20 PM
I could watch that higlight all day because it's a perfect example of what I loved most about Crowder and his game -- he just seemed to want the ball more than anyone else. I mean, Crowder had to go up in the air between two defenders, got hit from in front and behind, and landed on his head....but he still caught and held on to the ball. That was one of those "I am catching this ball and nobody is stopping me!" plays.

I would be hard pressed to come up with a more significant play from the Duke Football Coach Cut era. I still remember that play & the emotions I had watching it like it was yesterday! I am anxious to see how Mr. Crowder does at the next level!

MChambers
05-06-2015, 02:52 PM
From today's Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2015/05/06/a-closer-look-at-fourth-round-wide-receiver-jamison-crowder/

duke blue brewcrew
05-07-2015, 09:25 AM
From today's Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2015/05/06/a-closer-look-at-fourth-round-wide-receiver-jamison-crowder/

Solid evaluation. The only thing missed was the game winning TD catch vs UNC. I think Redskin fans would enjoy that one for sure.

bedeviled
06-04-2015, 05:34 PM
A Laura Keeley tweet led me to this story. I didn't want to start a new thread, especially at this early point, but I thought others may want to follow the developments.

Washington, NFL “aware of” alleged domestic violence incident involving Jamison Crowder (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/04/washington-aware-of-alleged-domestic-violence-incident-involving-jamison-crowder/)

mbird30
06-04-2015, 05:43 PM
A Laura Keeley tweet led me to this story. I didn't want to start a new thread, especially at this early point, but I thought others may want to follow the developments.

Washington, NFL “aware of” alleged domestic violence incident involving Jamison Crowder (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/04/washington-aware-of-alleged-domestic-violence-incident-involving-jamison-crowder/)

This is scary, and I can't bring myself to believe any of this until I know more. I just don't believe Jamison would do this because this is the same kid that has handled his brother's problems so well. Update this or start a new thread if anything comes out

burnspbesq
06-04-2015, 07:35 PM
This is scary, and I can't bring myself to believe any of this until I know more. I just don't believe Jamison would do this because this is the same kid that has handled his brother's problems so well. Update this or start a new thread if anything comes out

According to espn.com, the whole thing may be a hoax. Crowder's agent claims (1) that Jamison isn't guilty of anything, (2) that his Twitter and Instagram accounts were hacked, and (3) that the photos are inauthentic.

Washington FC has notified the NFL, and we'll just see where this goes from here.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13014317/agent-says-washington-redskins-rookie-jamison-crowder-hit-woman

Dukehky
06-04-2015, 08:38 PM
He's guilty. It was on the Internet for God's Sake, so it must be true!!!! Coach K taught Crowder how to hit women, but Crowder will never be punished because the NFL will do anything to cover up for their precious Duke.

I'm on team Crowder until something other than an anonymous potentially in authentic picture was posted on the Internet. If this person wanted to really make a difference and end a domestic violence situation, they'd go to the cops, then go on the internet. Well, you would think anyway, people are stupid.

Mabdul Doobakus
06-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Jamison is my favorite Duke player ever. I really hope this is a hoax or something along those lines.

roywhite
06-05-2015, 02:53 PM
According to espn.com, the whole thing may be a hoax. Crowder's agent claims (1) that Jamison isn't guilty of anything, (2) that his Twitter and Instagram accounts were hacked, and (3) that the photos are inauthentic.

Washington FC has notified the NFL, and we'll just see where this goes from here.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13014317/agent-says-washington-redskins-rookie-jamison-crowder-hit-woman

He's guilty. It was on the Internet for God's Sake, so it must be true!!!! Coach K taught Crowder how to hit women, but Crowder will never be punished because the NFL will do anything to cover up for their precious Duke.

I'm on team Crowder until something other than an anonymous potentially in authentic picture was posted on the Internet. If this person wanted to really make a difference and end a domestic violence situation, they'd go to the cops, then go on the internet. Well, you would think anyway, people are stupid.

It doesn't seem solid to me.

I'm wondering why we see this on the front page of this site -- a picture of Jamison with the story caption "Jamison Crowder Accused of Abuse".....right next to a picture of Sylvia to caption the UNC scandal, where there is some real evidence.

Like walking into the local Post Office and seeing a couple locals on the Most Wanted list; doesn't Jamison deserve better treatment here?

duke blue brewcrew
06-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Unfortunately, in today's age it feels like we live in the exact opposite world. For Crowder's sake, I hope judgement is reserved until conclusive facts are on the table one way or another.