Troublemaker
04-29-2015, 07:36 PM
"The Fight of the Century"

Who you got?

OldPhiKap
04-29-2015, 08:01 PM

Who you got?

Heart says Pac Man, mind says Mayweather.

Wallet says, I'll wait for the replay. Would watch if earlier.

weezie
04-29-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm thinking Floyd. Have to be in NYC this weekend and I'm going to "American in Paris" Sat night with daughter-of-weezie. I'm hoping she'll agree to visit a local drinking establishment after the play so we can check in on the fight.
She's a very understanding young lady....

Bob Green
04-29-2015, 08:32 PM
Heart says Pac Man, mind says Mayweather.

I agree with OPK. Pacquiao appears to have lost his knockout power and Mayweather is a great defensive fighter and counterpuncher so he is not going to lose if the fight goes the distance. I'm rooting for Pacquiao but I'm not participating in any gambling. Mayweather reportedly doesn't like fighting southpaws; however, I doubt that develops into a real impact on how the event unfolds.

The major advantage for Pacquiao is having Freddie Roach in his corner. Will it be enough?

AIRFORCEDUKIE
04-30-2015, 05:54 AM
How about the redonk price tag for this sucker on pay per view. Bars that can afford the fight here are charging an arm and a leg to get in. My two options are Monroe's of Palm Beach, charging $100 a head in the Legends Lounge and you still have to pay for drinks and food. Or my local Spearmint Rhino which is charging 50 for VIP tickets that include unlimited drinks and a buffet. I guess I will go with Rhino given its $50 cheaper and comes with food n drink.

As far as who wins, you gotta go with Floyd right? I just don't think Pac-man can stick with him long enough.

Olympic Fan
04-30-2015, 02:48 PM

Who you got?

It would have been the Fight of the Century 3-4 years ago when Pac-man was at the height of his game -- but Mayweather ducked him at that time. Now that Pacman has started to slip, he's ready to fight him.

Mayweather is going to win, especially if it goes to a decision -- he has two of three judges in his pocket. Pac-man's only hope is to win by a knockout, which is going to be almost impossible.

I'm not giving any of my money to such a corrupt sport.

nmduke2001
04-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Zab Judah gave Floyd a ton of trouble in the early rounds of their fight in 2006. Floyd had a hard time with the southpaw stance and the aggression of Judah. However, Floyd adapted as Judah tired. Manny is a much better fighter than Zab ever was and Manny does not get tired. Floyd will see more punches than any time in his career. Manny has had a history of being a little too reckless. That recklessness plays into what Floyd likes to do. Floyd will have a lot of opportunity to counter and get out.

I can see Manny winning the early rounds and then Floyd figuring him out. However, I can see Manny continuing to pressure Floyd and winning late rounds and maybe even knocking out Floyd. If Manny can come at Floyd with the power he had several years ago, I really like Manny. Prediction: Manny catches Floyd late and puts him out.

I'm buying the fight and having like 20 people over to watch. Should be a good time. Go Manny!

AIRFORCEDUKIE
04-30-2015, 03:13 PM
Ive heard reports of 8 grand for a bar to show the fight. Also Tito Ortiz posted his ticket on facebook which were obviously good floor seats, they were 254,000 dollars!!! They are banking so hard on this fight its crazy.

nmduke2001
04-30-2015, 05:37 PM
Ive heard reports of 8 grand for a bar to show the fight. Also Tito Ortiz posted his ticket on facebook which were obviously good floor seats, they were 254,000 dollars!!! They are banking so hard on this fight its crazy.

The CEO of Buffalo Wild Wings was on CNBC this morning. She said company wide it would have cost $5 million. They chose not to do it. Each franchise could do it on there own and it was $5,100. She said it is scaled by the size of the venue but $5,100 was the most they were charging for an individual venue.

OldPhiKap
04-30-2015, 07:43 PM
Serious question -- when was the last pay-preview super fight that was really worth the money? Holyfield-Tyson?

ncexnyc
04-30-2015, 08:02 PM
This fight reminds me of Leonard vs Duran I. Ray was the younger more polished boxer, however everyone questioned his heart and his ability to stand up to, "The Hands of Stone." Ray fought well, but Duran was able to win the street brawl.

I see history repeating itself on Saturday. I don't think Mayweather will be content to just win a decision. I think he will try to put a beating on Manny to show just how tough he is and I think that will be Mayweather's undoing.

Any other outcome won't go over well in my household as Manny is my wife's homeboy.

Bob Green
04-30-2015, 09:27 PM
Any other outcome won't go over well in my household as Manny is my wife's homeboy.

I understand where you are coming from, my wife of 36 years is a Filipina.

JNort
04-30-2015, 11:13 PM
Hands down I'm going with Pac Man. I can't cheer for that scumbag Mayweather. Besides Pac from everything I've seen is a really cool and fun guy. Mayweather has all the pressure in this fight, I'm betting it gets to him.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
05-01-2015, 09:21 AM
The CEO of Buffalo Wild Wings was on CNBC this morning. She said company wide it would have cost $5 million. They chose not to do it. Each franchise could do it on there own and it was $5,100. She said it is scaled by the size of the venue but $5,100 was the most they were charging for an individual venue.

I don't know if there is any truth to this but apparently they are charging extra for adult establishments to show it. That may just be an excuse to charge a crazy cover for that night and reel in the high rollers. We decided on out local Spearmint Rhino here in West Palm Beach. My celebrity status got us a booth table stage side, and there is a big screen above the stage for two shows at once. They will have the sound on as well so that will be nice. Also free well drinks and a buffet from 9pm til the fight ends. Its going to be Legen....wait for it.........................Dary!!! LEGENDARY!!!

mattman91
05-01-2015, 11:10 AM
I don't know if there is any truth to this but apparently they are charging extra for adult establishments to show it. That may just be an excuse to charge a crazy cover for that night and reel in the high rollers. We decided on out local Spearmint Rhino here in West Palm Beach. My celebrity status got us a booth table stage side, and there is a big screen above the stage for two shows at once. They will have the sound on as well so that will be nice. Also free well drinks and a buffet from 9pm til the fight ends. Its going to be Legen....wait for it.........................Dary!!! LEGENDARY!!!

Will they have Zima? :cool:

BluDvlsN1
05-01-2015, 12:11 PM
It would have been the Fight of the Century 3-4 years ago when Pac-man was at the height of his game -- but Mayweather ducked him at that time. Now that Pacman has started to slip, he's ready to fight him.

Mayweather is going to win, especially if it goes to a decision -- he has two of three judges in his pocket. Pac-man's only hope is to win by a knockout, which is going to be almost impossible.

I'm not giving any of my money to such a corrupt sport.

While I'm in anticpation of the fight and whether Pacquaio can get inside Mayweather's defense and do any damage, it's tempered with the concern, if the fight will not have an unaltered predetermined outcome in the first place.
Because the sport has a history of promoters fixing to set up three peats on fights, for the sake of the purse at the expense of the sport.
I'm cautiously optimistic it will be a legit outcome.

Personally, I haven't been a real boxing enthusiast since the Salvador Sanchez, Alexis Arguello, Indian "Red" Lopez era.

Left to it's own rescources, the fight has the ingredients to be a classic.

throatybeard
05-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Even if the tree of life itself explodes out of the canvas, this couldn't possibly live up to the level of hype it's receiving.

I know what Mayweather does. Does Manny Pacquiao assault his wife repeatedly? If not, I'm rooting for him.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
05-01-2015, 01:57 PM

I sure as heck hope they have Zima

wavedukefan70s
05-01-2015, 06:45 PM
I believe it will be a draw.more money to be made with a second fight.

OldPhiKap
05-01-2015, 07:17 PM

I sure as heck hope they have Zima

No Zima, no peace.

JNort
05-02-2015, 06:56 PM
What time do they actually fight? Not when do the others start but just Floyd and Pac.

Bob Green
05-02-2015, 07:15 PM
What time do they actually fight?

Approximately 11:15 pm Eastern.

DukeandMdFan
05-03-2015, 01:30 AM
No concussions in this fight....

wavedukefan70s
05-03-2015, 10:59 AM
I understand where you are coming from, my wife of 36 years is a Filipina.

I see you guys are in that club aswell lol.

NashvilleDevil
05-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Periscope is a great app. Why spend $100 when nice people will have parties and have people chip in for the fight and then they broadcast it using periscope.

Fight went as I expected. Floyd winning rounds because Manny couldn't hit him and Floyd landing jabs when needed. Floyd is like watching Greg Maddux in his prime, doesn't over power you but you're still losing.

throatybeard
05-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Floyd is like watching Greg Maddux in his prime, doesn't over power you but you're still losing.

I don't recall Maddux abusing women.

NashvilleDevil
05-03-2015, 05:05 PM
I don't recall Maddux abusing women.

I'm obviously talking about his in ring performance. I should've been more clear

BD80
05-03-2015, 06:47 PM
I love that all of the hype has resulted in a tidal wave of indifference for a rematch.

Billy Dat
05-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Floyd is a complete dirtbag, but in the ring he is a surgeon. Manny couldn't get near him. Floyd jabbed him to death, every time Manny thought he had an opening he got tagged right on the forehead. It was a clinic, and pretty much the exact same fight Floyd always fights. Had Manny won, you'd have had rematch cries. Now?

It seems like boxing turns its lonely eyes to the man known as Triple G, Khazakstan's own Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin, the undefeated middleweight who knocks out 90% of his opponents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoZ9eBUjqgg