PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast Episode 24 - Recruiting and NBA Playoffs

Dev11
04-28-2015, 08:37 AM
The podcast is back! We're all over the place this week with Duke news. As always, your feedback is welcome.

Links, like always:

Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast)
iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dbr-podcast/id954964236?mt=2)
Stitcher (http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/58077/details)

Timestamps:

0:00 We're back! Sam missed everybody
1:10 Running down the events of the last 3 weeks leads us in many directions.
4:30 Jason says the most surprising news was Derryck Thornton's announcement, but the most important was Brandon Ingram, who is going on the "Cookout Diet."
8:40 Donald brings up bigs. Jason thinks two big men might red shirt.
11:40 Brandon Ingram hype. Sam transitions with a dig at Carolina's media presence.
17:50 Comments from Inside Carolina. Hide your kids.
22:30 Donald wants to talk Duke Football recruiting. We're versatile here on the podcast.
25:40 Donald shares a story about Duke's most recent one and done players, so here comes that discussion.
32:30 Highlights from Duke in the NBA. We should probably watch more NBA basketball.
46:30 Looking ahead at next season's Duke Basketball team. We get giddy over the all the options Coach K has next season.
55:50 Jason's closing statements on Kentucky's outlook and banquet awards. Check out the Grayson Allen banquet video.
1:00:30 Donald waxes poetic on Cameron Indoor.
1:01:30 Sam tells you about beer and the NFL draft, topics on which he is not an expert. He also has his new national championship hat.

Orange&BlackSheep
04-28-2015, 10:44 AM
55:50 Jason's closing statements on Kentucky's outlook and banquet awards. Check out the Grayson Allen banquet video.

Not to be that guy on the internet that nitpicks mistakes ....

But was it not Traevon Jackson that Grayson beat to the ball, drawing the foul? Also, I think I would describe the award going to Grayson for his "maniacal" effort and energetic response to the play and what it did for the team than saying it was an award for defense per se.

Enjoyed the pod as always ... you all should not hesitate to make a mini-pod here and there that might only have one or two topics.

O&BSheep

Dev11
04-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Not to be that guy on the internet that nitpicks mistakes ....

But was it not Traevon Jackson that Grayson beat to the ball, drawing the foul? Also, I think I would describe the award going to Grayson for his "maniacal" effort and energetic response to the play and what it did for the team than saying it was an award for defense per se.

Enjoyed the pod as always ... you all should not hesitate to make a mini-pod here and there that might only have one or two topics.

O&BSheep

Much appreciated. I was sitting about 300 yards from the play, too far to know who anybody was, and I somehow haven't sat down and watched the replay yet.

Thanks for listening.

JasonEvans
04-28-2015, 01:19 PM
17:50 Comments from Inside Carolina. Hide your kids.

25:40 Donald shares a story about Duke's most recent one and done players, so here comes that discussion.

These two segments -- the IC reax and our mocking of them as well as the discussion of Duke's OAD kids versus Kentucky's OAD kids -- are two of my favorite moments in the history of the podcast.

-Jason "also, I'm an old man so please forgive me for forgetting it was Traveon Jackson who was the victim of Grayson's steal" Evans

blazindw
04-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Here is the tweet I was referring to with the Thank-A-Thon:

https://twitter.com/theirondukes/status/592461011120234496

Also in another tweet, you see Sean Obi and Matt Jones (Who? Matt Jones) also making calls and posing for a pic with Big Jah. Apologies for neglecting to mention them as well!

Henderson
04-29-2015, 10:37 AM
Another good one. Thanks guys.

robobevan
04-29-2015, 12:31 PM
one other major happenin since championship you didn't discuss was Capel not taking job at Arizona St. (and bobby Hurley taking it). Capel getting a lot of credit for our stepped up recruiting for past couple years. Enjoying the podcasts. Helping me through the post championship withdrawal.