PDA

View Full Version : Final 2015 Recruiting Class rankings

Olympic Fan
04-21-2015, 01:20 PM
It's a coincidence, but ESPN released its "final" top 100 rankings for the Class of 2015 this morning, just a few hours before Derryck Thornton reclassified and messed it up. According to Paul Giancardi, who heads the ESPN recruiting team, Thornton will now be ranked No. 17 in the class, squeezing in between No. 16 Jalen Brunson (Villanova) and No. 17 (now 18) Antonio Trier (Arizona). I assume that also moves Duke's recruit Luke Kennard from No. 23 to No. 24.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

The Class rankings remain in flux as several top players have not announced. As it now stands the top two classes are Kentucky (with the No. 2, 13 and 41 prospects in the class) and LSU (with No. 1, No. 15 and No. 38.)

Duke is not in the top 10 -- at least they weren't before adding Thornton. I'm sure that adding the No. 17 player on the list will move Duke to about third or fourth. Right now, Michigan State is third with No. 9 (Duke target Kaleb Swanigan), No. 21, No. 66 and a non-top-100 kids. I think Duke's current class (No. 11, No. 17, No. 24 and a non top-100 kid) would rank higher.

I also think that if Brandon Ingram -- who zoomed up from No. 12 to No. 3 in the final ESPN rankings -- were to commit to Duke Monday, Duke would take over the No. 1 spot in the rankings -- until and unless Kentucky adds somebody such as Malik Newman or Jaylen Brown.

MCFinARL
04-21-2015, 01:28 PM
It's a coincidence, but ESPN released its "final" top 100 rankings for the Class of 2015 this morning, just a few hours before Derryck Thornton reclassified and messed it up. According to Paul Giancardi, who heads the ESPN recruiting team, Thornton will now be ranked No. 17 in the class, squeezing in between No. 16 Jalen Brunson (Villanova) and No. 17 (now 18) Antonio Trier (Arizona). I assume that also moves Duke's recruit Luke Kennard from No. 23 to No. 24.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

The Class rankings remain in flux as several top players have not announced. As it now stands the top two classes are Kentucky (with the No. 2, 13 and 41 prospects in the class) and LSU (with No. 1, No. 15 and No. 38.)

Duke is not in the top 10 -- at least they weren't before adding Thornton. I'm sure that adding the No. 17 player on the list will move Duke to about third or fourth. Right now, Michigan State is third with No. 9 (Duke target Kaleb Swanigan), No. 21, No. 66 and a non-top-100 kids. I think Duke's current class (No. 11, No. 17, No. 24 and a non top-100 kid) would rank higher.

I also think that if Brandon Ingram -- who zoomed up from No. 12 to No. 3 in the final ESPN rankings -- were to commit to Duke Monday, Duke would take over the No. 1 spot in the rankings -- until and unless Kentucky adds somebody such as Malik Newman or Jaylen Brown.

The ESPN story on Thornton says his addition moves the Duke class to number 2 (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/12734195/duke-blue-devils-land-derryck-thornton-play-pg-next-season). So if that is the case, I have to think you are right that adding Ingram would definitely make it number 1, unless one or both of those players commit to Kentucky.

FerryFor50
04-21-2015, 03:38 PM
The ESPN story on Thornton says his addition moves the Duke class to number 2 (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/12734195/duke-blue-devils-land-derryck-thornton-play-pg-next-season). So if that is the case, I have to think you are right that adding Ingram would definitely make it number 1, unless one or both of those players commit to Kentucky.

247 already has Duke at #1 with addition of Thornton.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings

dukebluesincebirth
04-21-2015, 04:23 PM
247 already has Duke at #1 with addition of Thornton.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings

Thanks for the link. I just checked out that list and I can't find unc in the top 50... If we land Ingram on Monday, they'll need some help pulling that dagger from their baby blue hearts.

Duke95
04-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the link. I just checked out that list and I can't find unc in the top 50... If we land Ingram on Monday, they'll need some help pulling that dagger from their baby blue hearts.

I saw them at #90 on one list.

devildeac
04-21-2015, 06:36 PM

Don't bury them yet. They should be very good next year because ol roy has that magical touch of convincing many or his "OAD" players to stay several years;):rolleyes:.

OldPhiKap
04-21-2015, 08:13 PM
Don't bury them yet. They should be very good next year because ol roy has that magical touch of convincing many or his "OAD" players to stay several years;):rolleyes:.

If Paige is healthy, they will be legit and formidable. He really is all-American quality in ability and clutchness.

gofurman
04-21-2015, 09:15 PM

Easy guys. I would FAR rather have Okafor and Winslow and Tyus jones back than great recruiting. At least Tyus jones and Winslow were considered probable returnees when the season started. No telling how guys do vs D1 comp until they see it. Neil fingleton, Shav Randolph etc

Just like this yr. Matt Jones took a yr to get his feet under him. I would always rather a proven player return (say a 7 out of 10) than get a guy who 'should' be a 8 out of ten. Now recruit Okafor vs college Greg Newton ? Yeah. I'll take the chance on Okafor there. But we have all seen MANY big recruits not pan out or at least taken. Year or three

UNC should be favored to beat us both times next yr - senior healthy Paige. Brice Johnson. Meeks. Justin Jackson. I would EASILY favor UNC over us. For example on touted recruits improving look at Brice Johnson. Much improved

Duvall
04-21-2015, 09:19 PM
UNC should be favored to beat us both times next yr - senior healthy Paige. Brice Johnson. Meeks. Justin Jackson. I would EASILY favor UNC over us. For example on touted recruits improving look at Brice Johnson. Much improved

Well hell. Maybe they'll only lose eight games next year instead of twelve.

Kedsy
04-21-2015, 09:58 PM
For example on touted recruits improving look at Brice Johnson. Much improved

Except Brice Johnson wasn't "touted." He was the #40 recruit in his class. You'd expect someone of that level to take time to develop in a tough league like the ACC. You're making an apples-to-oranges comparison.