PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Brand Classic

BD80
04-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Luke not playing due to tendinitis on the knees

Justise in attendance (shouldn't he be on campus?)

dukelifer
04-17-2015, 09:49 PM
Luke not playing due to tendinitis on the knees

Need to start creating the Justise Brand. Not happy to hear about knee issues- hopefully something minor

BD80
04-17-2015, 09:57 PM
Need to start creating the Justise Brand. Not happy to hear about knee issues- hopefully something minor

Luke was in warm-ups. Said it was small issue and didn't want to risk injury.

Billy Dat
04-18-2015, 08:35 AM

It was a Friday night. Now that he's declared, agents can certainly fly him wherever they want as they woo, right?

MCFinARL
04-18-2015, 09:59 AM
It was a Friday night. Now that he's declared, agents can certainly fly him wherever they want as they woo, right?

Yes, I assume so--and if I recall correctly from when my kids were at Duke, it's pretty easy to avoid scheduling Friday classes--and would be more so if you were an athlete with scheduling priority and expected to be traveling for your sport a lot of weekends.

I think Duke needs its one-and-dones to leave in good academic standing to avoid APR damage, and given how much all three departing frosh have said they love Duke, I'm sure they will do whatever they need to to make that happen. (If they don't get quite the grades they could have they surely won't be the last people ever to do that in their last semester of school ;) ).

Saratoga2
04-18-2015, 10:15 AM
Was he invited to the Jordan Brand Classic. I had hoped to watch him but didn't see him play.

Luke indicated he had minor tendenitis of the knee(s) and decided against playing. Hope he is playing it safe and it would be all right. Just another indication that we need more guards.

I watch Isaiah Briscoe (Kentucky) play toward the end of the game. It is hard to deny his talent. On the other hand, he went the ball hog routine while his teammates were watching. He made some nice plays, but ultimately their team lost. He seems like a kid with a big ego.

This kid Dielo (sp) is really something. Big, quick and he plays with a high intensity. He and a couple of other highly regarded recruits have long lists of suitors with Duke not after them. It probably is because they don't match our academic requirements.

dukedoc
04-18-2015, 10:30 AM
Was he invited to the Jordan Brand Classic. I had hoped to watch him but didn't see him play.

I think Ingram, Diamond Stone and Jeter were among those left uninvited... my understanding is the official shoe brands of this and that school and other such issues may have played a role.

Troublemaker
04-18-2015, 10:54 AM
I think Ingram, Diamond Stone and Jeter were among those left uninvited... my understanding is the official shoe brands of this and that school and other such issues may have played a role.

Yep. Ingram and Jeter played on the Adidas circuit. Diamond Stone committed to an Under Armour program in Maryland.

billy
04-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Luke was in warm-ups. Said it was small issue and didn't want to risk injury.

As long as that diagnosis is correct, nothing to worry about. Get him on campus for some PT and training room treatments and he'll be good to go