PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast #23 - Postseason Celebration and Recap! (4/13)

JasonEvans
04-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Whaaaaat?!?! You mean the podcasts will continue after the season is over? Really?!?!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Here is the new podcast (https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/dbr-podcast-23-4-12-season-recap).

And here is what we talk about:

0:12 – Welcome
0:55 – Where in the world is Sam Klein?
1:45 – Donald starts with the most important topic… National Championship SWAG!!
7:02 – We all pick our top moments from this past season

7:40 – Jason’s moment – Duke plays zone against Louisville
10:25 – Sam’s moment – Tyus Stones clinches the Virginia game with a 3-point dagger
12:05 – Donald’s moment – Marshall hits a 3 pointer against Presbyterian
13:45 – Jason’s other moment – Duke comes back against UNC to win in OT
14:45 – Sam’s other moment – K wins 1K at St. John’s
16:00 – Donald’s other moment – The Wisconsin game… because that was when we started the podcast!
18:25 – We talk a bit about NBA Draft Decisions for Duke’s freshman trio
30:00 – Jason starts calmly but then goes on a rant about why the NBA Draft and especially the “one and done” label is broken
35:00 – Sam waxes poetic on how K has adapted over the years to the changing way the draft has impacted college basketball
37:45 – Time to talk about Kentucky, UNC, and the other NBA decisions across the country… mostly we talk about UNC
50:00 – We each pick our Player of the Year for Duke!
56:50 – Donald gives a special shout-out to Coach K… and it is well deserved!
1:01:45 – Jason admires John Scheyer’s Instagram photo of the sleeping players
1:02:40 – Nationwide poll finds Duke is the country’s most popular college basketball team… as we have been for 6 years in a row.
1:04:25 – Good bye!

-Jason "and, in case you were wondering, we did start with the all-important conversation of SWAG!" Evans

JasonEvans
04-13-2015, 03:46 PM
By the way, the wonderful John Scheyer Instagram photo I mentioned at the end of the podcast is this one...

https://igcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/10956797_1377637895897681_1431966049_n.jpg

-Jason "we recorded this on Friday... and the Justise and Tyus decisions are still not known... at least not for 100% certainty" Evans

Dev11
04-13-2015, 04:13 PM
I joined the forum in late 2009, and Duke won the national championship a few months later. I started doing the podcast with Jason and Donald in late 2014, and Duke won the national championship a few months later. I wonder what I'll have to do to get Duke into the College Football Playoff.

Thanks again to all who subscribe. We're working on fun offseason content, and hopefully get back to some forum participation like we tried early on.

thewoosh31
04-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Thank you guys for an awesome podcast filled with great content and a lot of fun!

MarkD83
04-13-2015, 09:41 PM
I joined the forum in late 2009, and Duke won the national championship a few months later. I started doing the podcast with Jason and Donald in late 2014, and Duke won the national championship a few months later. I wonder what I'll have to do to get Duke into the College Football Playoff.

Thanks again to all who subscribe. We're working on fun offseason content, and hopefully get back to some forum participation like we tried early on.

Just keep doing the podcast. It was started after Duke football season so who knows what might happen.

JasonEvans
04-14-2015, 01:53 PM
I'm curious about 2 things... oh faithful listeners, which of our "moments" did you think was the most significant for Duke this past season (not counting NCAA tourney) and who made the most convincing case for Player of the Year?

-Jason "I would like to thank Cameron for not baking like a maniac during this week's podcast... he was mostly sleeping when we recorded" Evans

https://distilleryimage2-a.akamaihd.net/c07d80cc6e7711e28d6622000a1fbc43_7.jpg

Skitzle
04-15-2015, 02:04 AM
Quinnot argument was sound. He was the leader he set the tone.

JAH argument was sound, he was the best player on the court most of the season.

I would have picked Tyus over Winslow, Winslow was great but inconsistent, Tyus was consistently clutch over the course of the season
season. When the team needed putting on his back he delivered every time.

If I had ballot Quinn, Jah, Tyus would be my three

ikiru36
04-15-2015, 07:50 AM
-Jason "I would like to thank Cameron for not baking like a maniac during this week's podcast... he was mostly sleeping when we recorded" Evans

https://distilleryimage2-a.akamaihd.net/c07d80cc6e7711e28d6622000a1fbc43_7.jpg

I'm just impressed that he cooks at all. Lemme guess... Biscuits? :)

camion
04-15-2015, 10:02 AM
Quinnot argument was sound. He was the leader he set the tone.

JAH argument was sound, he was the best player on the court most of the season.

I would have picked Tyus over Winslow, Winslow was great but inconsistent, Tyus was consistently clutch over the course of the season
season. When the team needed putting on his back he delivered every time.

If I had ballot Quinn, Jah, Tyus would be my three

I would put Justise on the ballot since his dip in play conicided with his injuries.

In any event we had several outstanding performances this year. I don't think there is a bad choice in the four.

Dev11
04-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Heads up, no podcast this week. We had some issues coordinating schedules this week, but we should be back next weekend. Sorry for the momentum buster.

In happy news, I got my obnoxious flat brim national champions hat in the mail. I'd post a photo but it would blind you to look directly at the underside of the brim.

Dev11
04-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Heads up, no podcast this week. We had some issues coordinating schedules this week, but we should be back next weekend. Sorry for the momentum buster.

In happy news, I got my obnoxious flat brim national champions hat in the mail. I'd post a photo but it would blind you to look directly at the underside of the brim.

Further update: we are recording our next episode Monday night after the Ingram decision. It seems like that is the last big near term event that will affect the roster, so we should have a much clearer picture Monday night.