PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Championship DVD, Book etc

scheyeronfire
04-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Remember the 2010 commemorative book, DVD, and mini ball combo from Sports Illustrated?

Anyone hear of a similar thing for this year? Thanks

-SOF

stillcrazie
04-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Remember the 2010 commemorative book, DVD, and mini ball combo from Sports Illustrated?

-SOF

Found this on goduke.com:

https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/SellHome.dbml?&&&_IN_STORE_=YES&&DB_OEM_ID=4200

rifraf
04-13-2015, 09:40 AM
Found this on goduke.com:

https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/SellHome.dbml?&&&_IN_STORE_=YES&&DB_OEM_ID=4200

I like how they are very explicit about the fact that the game is shown "in its entirety". Is there some sort of alternate version where they only show 3/4 of the game?

duke09hms
04-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Yessssssssssss THANK YOUUUUU

alteran
04-13-2015, 09:52 AM
I like how they are very explicit about the fact that the game is shown "in its entirety". Is there some sort of alternate version where they only show 3/4 of the game?

This differentiates it from products that show interviews, background, and then just excerpts.

wilson
04-13-2015, 12:04 PM
This differentiates it from products that show interviews, background, and then just excerpts.Personally, I'd rather have something like this. Since making the digital leap, the NCAA has done a really good job of making past NCAA tournament games available to stream online at the NCAA Vault (https://www.youtube.com/user/ncaaondemand/vault?feature=iv&src_vid=y8uMlmc8xyA&annotation_id=annotation_4153396119). While not every game from every round is included, they have all of the championship games (and most, if not all, Final Four games) going back to 1979 available free and with very minimal advertising interruption. There are also various classic games always available to watch...hundreds of complete games in all. To me, it obviates the need for a DVD (especially since the DVD format will be dead in another 5 years or so anyway), although I understand some people's desire to keep a pressed hard copy of the game.

SCMatt33
04-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Personally, I'd rather have something like this. Since making the digital leap, the NCAA has done a really good job of making past NCAA tournament games available to stream online at the NCAA Vault (https://www.youtube.com/user/ncaaondemand/vault?feature=iv&src_vid=y8uMlmc8xyA&annotation_id=annotation_4153396119). While not every game from every round is included, they have all of the championship games (and most, if not all, Final Four games) going back to 1979 available free and with very minimal advertising interruption. There are also various classic games always available to watch...hundreds of complete games in all. To me, it obviates the need for a DVD (especially since the DVD format will be dead in another 5 years or so anyway), although I understand some people's desire to keep a pressed hard copy of the game.

Speaking of the NCAA Vault, they seemed to have stopped uploading games after 2011. Until now, that hasn't been a big deal for Duke fans, and for now, you can still watch replays of this year on a non-mobile device on the March Madness website. Obviously, this can't last beyond the next year at most, and I was wondering if they're being uploaded elsewhere. 2011 was the first year of the Tuner-CBS joint deal, so it can't be entirely because of the new TV contract, though I suppose digital rights could have lagged behind by a year. I've seen games from 2012-2014 uploaded by random people, but never an official NCAA upload. Does anyone know if they exist anywhere and why not if they don't?

Owen Meany
04-13-2015, 10:53 PM
For anyone interested, the dvd/blu ray for the game has been up for pre-order for $25. It just dropped on Amazon to $18 with a pre-order price guarantee, so if it drops in price before shipping (May 26) you will get the lower price.

duke09hms
04-14-2015, 01:28 AM
For anyone interested, the dvd/blu ray for the game has been up for pre-order for $25. It just dropped on Amazon to $18 with a pre-order price guarantee, so if it drops in price before shipping (May 26) you will get the lower price.

Thanks for the tip, also ordered the 2010 season DVD on Amazon for $13.

stillcrazie
04-14-2015, 09:51 AM
Now the 2015 DVD is 16.99!

scheyeronfire
04-22-2015, 02:28 PM
thanks for the responses. anyone know about commemorative books, balls etc like the SI package from 2010?

1 24 90
04-29-2015, 10:00 AM
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/high-five-triumph-books/1121772863?ean=9781629370637

uh_no
04-29-2015, 11:14 AM
I've read that Duke plans on selling sections of the floor...does anyone have any idea when this might happen? (I'm trying to get it as a wedding gift for a duke couple)

kingboozer
04-29-2015, 11:18 AM
I've read that Duke plans on selling sections of the floor...does anyone have any idea when this might happen? (I'm trying to get it as a wedding gift for a duke couple)

I got the 2010 one, seemed like it was summer before they had them in back then, could be wrong. I wouldn't stress a mad rush for them, 2010 pieces are still available on GoDuke.com

bluedevil007
04-29-2015, 12:54 PM
thanks for the responses. anyone know about commemorative books, balls etc like the SI package from 2010?

I've been looking for this as well and I think they may have stopped doing issuing the books (at least the leather bound book and ball combo). It appears from looking at the archive that the last leather bound champion book was from the Seahawks Super Bowl last year and the FSU football championship. These were both early 2014 and nothing it seems since.

SCMatt33
04-29-2015, 01:19 PM
I've been looking for this as well and I think they may have stopped doing issuing the books (at least the leather bound book and ball combo). It appears from looking at the archive that the last leather bound champion book was from the Seahawks Super Bowl last year and the FSU football championship. These were both early 2014 and nothing it seems since.

They do still make the commemorative issues, but perhaps not for college basketball. While the hard cover books haven't been produced recently, a quick glance at this site (http://backissues.si.com/storefront/2015/cBackissuesSI2015-p1.html) shows commemorative issues for Ohio State and New England this year (equivalent to the paperback "Fantastic Fourth" issue from 2010). Looking at previous years, they appeared to have one for Louisville in 2013, but I do not see one for UConn in 2014. Also, it is notable that all of the commemorative issues have dates within a week or two of the championship itself, so it is unlikely that one is forthcoming at this point.

uh_no
04-29-2015, 02:27 PM
I got the 2010 one, seemed like it was summer before they had them in back then, could be wrong. I wouldn't stress a mad rush for them, 2010 pieces are still available on GoDuke.com

thanks.

wasn't concerned about them running out...more concerned about giving the couple their gift before they wonder where their gift from me is

BluDvlsN1
04-29-2015, 04:11 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere, it's on the Home page of DBR.
It is relative to this discussion.

http://read.turntext.com/i/501633-2015-champions/0?

Knatty05
04-30-2015, 08:58 AM

-SOF

Just in case you haven't heard or don't know, I got an e-mail from Sprots Illustrated stating they no longer do the commemorative book and mini basketball. I ordered a copy of the SI magazine and the mini basketball from the Duke store (best price). I'd rather have the hard cover but in 1991 & 1992 they didn't do them so I just got the magazines about those games and did that for this year.

Really doesn't matter to me, Coach K has 5 natty's and that is what I want to show off. I have a few buddies who are UNC fan's and when I bring it up they like to state UNC has 5 also. Then I ask them how many coaches did it take to get those 5, for Duke it only took 1. They get quiet real quick. Then I talk about the "time out" and the "bad pass" and how they didn't have to actually win a tourney to get one. The subject changes real quick. I just smile.