PDA

View Full Version : "Blue Devils crush Yellow Jackets, remain unbeaten"

Bluedawg
09-22-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm in Savanah and this is a story in today's paper about two High School teams. I just thought it sounded good! [link (http://savannahnow.com/node/363876)]

jimsumner
09-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Many smiley faces.

Krimson King
09-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Georgia Tech coach Paul Hewitt cried after the game citing an obv. ref bias towards Duke...

wilson
09-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Statesboro High definitely should have just called their sports teams the "Statesboro Blues," after the Allman Brothers song. They could sell tons of t-shirts to ABB fans and make a pretty penny for their programs (I know I'd buy one), while also honoring local legends.

devilmacdawg
09-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Statesboro High definitely should have just called their sports teams the "Statesboro Blues," after the Allman Brothers song. They could sell tons of t-shirts to ABB fans and make a pretty penny for their programs (I know I'd buy one), while also honoring local legends.

The Allmans are from Macon, not the 'boro, and they did not write the song nor record it first. "Statesboro Blues" was written and first recorded by Statesboro native "Blind" Willie McTell.

Interestingly, the team in GA that has the biggest Duke tie is Tift County (also the Blue Devils). Their 'fight song' used to be to the "Let's go Duke" tune (I don't know whether it's still the same).

Anyway, it's nice to see my high school doing well in football recently.

Lavabe
09-22-2007, 03:02 PM
The Allmans are from Macon, not the 'boro, and they did not write the song nor record it first. "Statesboro Blues" was written and first recorded by Statesboro native "Blind" Willie McTell.

Interestingly, the team in GA that has the biggest Duke tie is Tift County (also the Blue Devils). Their 'fight song' used to be to the "Let's go Duke" tune (I don't know whether it's still the same).

Anyway, it's nice to see my high school doing well in football recently.

Don't forget the Marietta Blue Devils here in Cobb County.

They've inspired a few local folks to write letters to the editor complaining about the mascot.

Cheers,
Lavabe

JasonEvans
09-23-2007, 06:38 AM
I figured it was something like a Volleyball or Soccer headline.

Karl Beem
09-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Norcross Blue Devils. (http://www.norcrosshigh.org/athletics/athletics_main.htm)

throatybeard
09-24-2007, 03:04 AM
Bremen or somebody over in my neck of the GA woods is also the Blue Devils.

About time for old ladies to start writing letters to the Chronicle about satanism.

mehmattski
09-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Perhaps this will also be the headline on February 28, 2008, following the senior game. :)