PDA

View Full Version : If everyone stays are we not the consensus #1?

Eakane
04-09-2015, 12:21 PM
I know I know, they're going. But imagine, if everyone stays, then we only lose Quinn (and that's a heavy loss), but we pick up Kennard, Obi, Jeter and possibly one more (plus I'm hoping Robinson shoots up another 5 inches like his Dad did at around the same age).

That line-up must be the consensus number 1, and though we have little chance of going 40-0 (because unlike Kentucky, we play in a real league), we surely would have an excellent chance to repeat. Would not that possibility factor in?

Yeah right, and maybe Hood and Parker come back to school as well...

gus
04-09-2015, 12:30 PM
As long as we're constructing fantastical scenarios, what if the NCAA restores Jabari, Kyrie, and Austin's eligibilities and they return? Then we'd definitely be the consensus number 1. Probably the consensus number 2 also. The polls would go:

1. Duke
3. someone else

Olympic Fan
04-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Well, if you're going to fantasize about all the Duke kids coming back ... then maybe all the Kentucky kids come back too -- and unlike the Devils, they don't have a senior on the roster.

So without early entry, I think the polls would be:

1. Kentucky
2. Duke

... but that's all fantasy --

CDu
04-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Well, if you're going to fantasize about all the Duke kids coming back ... then maybe all the Kentucky kids come back too -- and unlike the Devils, they don't have a senior on the roster.

So without early entry, I think the polls would be:

1. Kentucky
2. Duke

... but that's all fantasy --

To be fair, there are already reports of four UK players declaring, while none (yet) for Duke.

COYS
04-09-2015, 12:53 PM
To be fair, there are already reports of four UK players declaring, while none (yet) for Duke.

Very true. At the moment, the reports indicate that 7 guys will leave UK. I'd argue that if only the Harrison twins left, it would be addition through subtraction (Ulis is a better point guard and Booker has more potential as a scoring threat). Luckily for everyone who is not a fan of the Wildcats, that scenario doesn't seem to be playing out.

Olympic Fan
04-09-2015, 12:54 PM

And to be equally fair, there's about the same chance of the three Duke guys al staying as there is of the Kentucky guys changing their minds and coming back.