PDA

View Full Version : Gear

Viking Guy
04-07-2015, 12:43 PM
I urgently need NC gear to arrive in the next two days. What can the group recommend?

grossbus
04-07-2015, 12:49 PM
these places have stuff up already.

eastbay.com or fanatics.com

the "banner hunters" at fanatics is cool.

duke09hms
04-07-2015, 12:58 PM
http://dukestores.com/

Support the school. I will say that their site was VERY sluggish last night ... GO DUKE!

Merlindevildog91
04-07-2015, 12:59 PM
http://dukestores.com/

Support the school. I will say that their site was VERY sluggish last night ... GO DUKE!

Duke Stores is apparently currently unable to ship next day air at the moment. Sigh.

I ordered enough shirts to outfit a small town.

rifraf
04-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Anyone know where I could get a largish (12" x 12" roughly) poster or decal of the official Final Four logo? In 2010 they conveniently stuck one to every door into Lucas Oil for fans to take home (:cool:) and I had it framed along with my championship game ticket and a couple pictures. Unfortunately, no door stickers this year...

BlueDevilBrowns
04-07-2015, 02:11 PM
I wonder if the "Order Has Been Restored" catchphrase will make a reappearance this time around on any merchandise or advertising?

I realize five years between titles is less than nine but it still seems appropriate to remind the Nation who's rightfully on top again.

elvis14
04-07-2015, 02:22 PM
I wonder if the "Order Has Been Restored" catchphrase will make a reappearance this time around on any merchandise or advertising?

I realize five years between titles is less than nine but it still seems appropriate to remind the Nation who's rightfully on top again.

I'm wearing my "Order Has Been Restored" shirt today (and it was my first Facebook post after the game last night).

I don't know anything about the site but fansedge.com seems to have lots of championship stuff. Someone mentioned it on Facebook last night so I visited.

blazindw
04-07-2015, 02:50 PM
I urgently need NC gear to arrive in the next two days. What can the group recommend?

Fanatics is your best bet. They have next day air, but some of the gear isn't going to ship for a couple days anyway. I'm in the same situation as I'm hoping to receive my gear by Friday night so I can take it on my cruise!

Also with Fanatics, if you sign up for their rewards (it's free to do), then you get 5% store credit (they call it Fan Cash) for all orders $50-99, and 10% store credit for all orders $100 and up, before shipping. That Fan Cash will be applied to your next purchase, which is excellent. I basically got my championship shirt for free due to my Fan Cash!

dukerev
04-07-2015, 03:57 PM
I loved the shirt with Blue Devil5 on it, but it has apparently sold out at fantatics. Has anyone seen it anywhere else?

jim666
04-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Has anybody heard yet about purchasing pieces of the championship floor?

firstpost
04-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Anyone else get the signed team posters this year? You may be able to purchase those still. Not exactly championship swag, but still Duke swag.

NancyCarol
04-07-2015, 08:43 PM

I want one that says Order Has Been Restored AGAIN

weezie
04-07-2015, 08:45 PM
... I'm hoping to receive my gear by Friday night so I can take it on my cruise!

Fun times party-name dropper! Have a splendid trip. How about our boy D. Price bringing the lefty heat?!

YmoBeThere
04-07-2015, 09:10 PM
How about our boy D. Price bringing the lefty heat?!

Before he was a Ray or a Tiger, D. Price was and always will be a Commodore.

westwall
04-07-2015, 09:18 PM
I'm wearing my "Order Has Been Restored" shirt today

What? Not the 2010 ORIGINAL??

diablesseblu
04-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Question about a particular shirt. I think I saw a picture of Quinn wearing a shirt that said "De5tiny". Does anyone else recall seeing that? I've paged through the offerings on every fan site I can think of and have not seen it again. Would love one of those!

weezie
04-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Before he was a Ray or a Tiger, D. Price was and always will be a Commodore.

Understood but he's a Tiger now. And, so am I and so is blazin', but I need to shift this over to the mlb thread!

Lulu
04-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Not sure I can recommend the Duke Store... they never really had their act together when I was there but I thought after so many years things may different. I've received 6 emails now that my poster order is temporarily out-of-stock (so 6 in less than 24 hours) and I was notified the toddler shirt I ordered for a friend's kid was processed and shipping, only to have that rescinded now with an out-of-stock notice. Not sure things have changed over there... and got a feeling a lot more is being done manually than you might expect this day in age and all.

noyac
04-07-2015, 10:26 PM
I purchased a set of three felt banners in 2001 after the championship and was able to find a matching one in 2010. I am now looking for the 2015 banner. They are about 18 x 36 with white with blue lettering and a blue basketball with NCAA written inside. The set of banners are my favorite championship gear and I would appreciate any help in finding the new one. If you would like a picture of the other one(s) to compare just let me know.

When I have a bigger house I plan on hanging them from the rafters of my great room during every season.

nmduke2001
04-07-2015, 10:36 PM
I've been thoroughly unimpressed with the official Nike shirts. The scissor theme reminds me of a salon advertisement.

diablesseblu
04-07-2015, 11:29 PM
I've been thoroughly unimpressed with the official Nike shirts. The scissor theme reminds me of a salon advertisement.

Those regional and championship hats are the absolute worst. I cannot fathom anyone I know who would buy one of them. If they're trying to appeal to a younger demographic, they didn't have to be so tacky in their attempts.

SoCalDukeFan
04-07-2015, 11:34 PM

Who thinks of this stuff? Thinking of this

http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Duke_Blue_Devils_T-Shirts/Duke_Blue_Devils_2015_NCAA_Mens_Basketball_Nationa l_Champions_Buzzer_Beater_Long_Sleeve_T-Shirt_-_Duke_Blue

which I guess is not in the Duke store.

SoCal

nmduke2001
04-07-2015, 11:54 PM

http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Duke_Blue_Devils_T-Shirts/Duke_Blue_Devils_2015_NCAA_Mens_Basketball_Nationa l_Champions_Buzzer_Beater_Long_Sleeve_T-Shirt_-_Duke_Blue

SoCal

I like that one but I think I prefer this one.
http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Duke_Blue_Devils/Duke_Blue_Devils_2015_NCAA_Mens_Basketball_Nationa l_Champions_All_Score_T-Shirt_-_Duke_Blue

blazindw
04-08-2015, 12:21 AM
http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Duke_Blue_Devils/Duke_Blue_Devils_2015_NCAA_Mens_Basketball_Nationa l_Champions_All_Score_T-Shirt_-_Duke_Blue

SoCal

The Duke Store usually has way more apparel than they put online. So, your best bet is to check it out if you are in the area and able. You'll be surprised what you can find.

SCMatt33
04-08-2015, 12:50 AM

I'd like that a lot more if they didn't use the silly 2nd/3rd round games that they're getting rid of next year.

gofurman
04-08-2015, 01:12 AM
Please let me know if anyone sees bottles (Pepsi coke) with Duke 2015 National Titles. Thank you!!!! Also any Unused mint condition tickets (not torn) from the champ and semifinal games I would be interested in purchasing.

Also, Anyone - do they tear the ticket stubs at the games or just scan them now to leave the ticket untorn?????

duke96
04-08-2015, 01:35 AM
Please let me know if anyone sees bottles (Pepsi coke) with Duke 2015 National Titles. Thank you!!!! Also any Unused mint condition tickets (not torn) from the champ and semifinal games I would be interested in purchasing.

Also, Anyone - do they tear the ticket stubs at the games or just scan them now to leave the ticket untorn?????

They did not tear the tickets, just scanned them.

neemizzle
04-08-2015, 01:40 AM
I went on campus today for the Welcome Home Celebration, and made my way to the Bryan Center to check out the gear. There's tons there, I know that. Upon further looks on Fanatics, there's a lot there too.

I'm big on the whole "shirts & hats" part of winning the title, and after they won the regional, I said, "if the Natty Champs hat is better looking, I'll get one."

Needless to say, I won't be spending $30 on that blingariffic gold hat.

rifraf
04-08-2015, 09:02 AM

They were giving away commemorative Coke Zero cans as we left the stadium. Two different ones; one of them is just for the game in general and the other has a Duke logo on it. I believe we have two sets. I'm not sure what we're going to do with them but if I end up with an extra set I'd be happy to try and find away to get them to you if you are interested.

The hats are terrible. I usually get a hat if we win a Natty and a shirt for ACC championships. I think I'll be getting a shirt for this one (I actually like the scissor shirts) and will keep my 1K hat as this year's ball cap. Those gold ones are terrible.

Especially disappointing is that the official Coach's hats are the same gold atrocities with a curved bill. In 2010 they were a completely different design than the gray flatbill ones the players got.

Stray Gator
04-08-2015, 09:10 AM

They were handing out cans of Coke Zero with "Congratulations" and the Duke logo on them as we exited Lucas Monday night. I wouldn't be surprised if those show up for sale in Durham soon.

The game tickets were scanned and left intact. I assume that most people who attended will want to keep those, but there may be some fans not affiliated with the four participating schools who would be willing to part with theirs for a price. (You might want to ask them to throw in their seat cushion if they kept it.)

wavedukefan70s
04-08-2015, 09:52 AM
They were giving away commemorative Coke Zero cans as we left the stadium. Two different ones; one of them is just for the game in general and the other has a Duke logo on it. I believe we have two sets. I'm not sure what we're going to do with them but if I end up with an extra set I'd be happy to try and find away to get them to you if you are interested.

The hats are terrible. I usually get a hat if we win a Natty and a shirt for ACC championships. I think I'll be getting a shirt for this one (I actually like the scissor shirts) and will keep my 1K hat as this year's ball cap. Those gold ones are terrible.

Especially disappointing is that the official Coach's hats are the same gold atrocities with a curved bill. In 2010 they were a completely different design than the gray flatbill ones the players got.
50 dollar can on ebay now.

AustinDevil
04-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Somewhat off-topic from national championship gear, but one of the N&O photo threads had a cool pic of a guy in a simple blue-and-white "DUKE FOOTBALL? HELL YES DUKE FOOTBALL!" t-shirt* that neither Duke Stores nor the Duck Shop shows online. Anybody know if one can be gotten?

* This is not the one that can be found online featuring a pic of Cut as well. Don't really dig the design of that one.

kingboozer
04-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Just bought a Coke Zero can on eBay for $18, has to be the most expensive soda I've ever purchased :eek:

Everything I've bought so far has come from fanatics, great website, bought the t shirts, pennant and 'official' poster. Got on the Tervis website and got the official tumblers and water bottles earlier, they're awesome and I have a 15% coupon code if anyone wants it PM me. I'll be down in Durham this weekend and plan on getting the wool schedule banner if they're out yet. Also does anyone know if the basketball office will be putting out an official championship poster this year?

mcwp98
04-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Anyone else get the signed team posters this year? You may be able to purchase those still. Not exactly championship swag, but still Duke swag.

I believe they make a new one when the team wins a championship? I have one from 2010, the same one as in this auction. I'd be interested to hear if anyone can get their hands on one for this year.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=204943368

wavedukefan70s
04-08-2015, 12:31 PM
There's a bunch on there now .final four and championship.

NancyCarol
04-08-2015, 12:40 PM
I like the dbr banner shirt, but it doesn't say DUKE on it. I live in Texas. People here need details.

duke09hms
04-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Those regional and championship hats are the absolute worst. I cannot fathom anyone I know who would buy one of them. If they're trying to appeal to a younger demographic, they didn't have to be so tacky in their attempts.

I LOVE these hats. We are Duke, the most dominant basketball program of the modern era. Why not bling it out in gold and all caps - NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Nothing to be ashamed of. Not a fan of the flat brim but definitely got myself a NATIONAL CHAMPIONS hat.

nmduke2001
04-08-2015, 01:13 PM
I LOVE these hats. We are Duke, the most dominant basketball program of the modern era. Why not bling it out in gold and all caps - NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Nothing to be ashamed of. Not a fan of the flat brim but definitely got myself a NATIONAL CHAMPIONS hat.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I think those hats are terrible. I was embarrassed for the kids having to wear them after the game. They remind me of a late 90s P.Diddy/Puff Daddy/Sean Combs video.

mcwp98
04-08-2015, 01:31 PM
I believe they make a new one when the team wins a championship? I have one from 2010, the same one as in this auction. I'd be interested to hear if anyone can get their hands on one for this year.

My girlfriend called the basketball office and they said they were not sure whether there would be another signing, but they took her name and number and said they would give her a call if it happened. In case anyone is interested.

I'm guessing there will be.

markbdevil
04-08-2015, 01:31 PM

SoCal

Don't forget about the Duck Shop, they have a new and bigger store on Ninth Street. http://www.theduckshop.net/

rifraf
04-08-2015, 01:32 PM

There is a curved brim version if it isn't too late for you to change your order.

Danke Shane
04-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Has anyone seen a place where you can order a championship poster? After 2001 and 2010 I picked up special posters, thought it was from the goduke stores but I'm not seeing anything...

kingboozer
04-08-2015, 03:09 PM

Has anyone seen a place where you can order a championship poster? After 2001 and 2010 I picked up special posters, thought it was from the goduke stores but I'm not seeing anything...

I was wondering the same thing, I imagine they'll do one?

DU82
04-08-2015, 03:19 PM
They were handing out cans of Coke Zero with "Congratulations" and the Duke logo on them as we exited Lucas Monday night. I wouldn't be surprised if those show up for sale in Durham soon.

The game tickets were scanned and left intact. I assume that most people who attended will want to keep those, but there may be some fans not affiliated with the four participating schools who would be willing to part with theirs for a price. (You might want to ask them to throw in their seat cushion if they kept it.)

SG, the cans say "I saw the Blue Devils win...", so I'm going to assume that they were specifically for handing out at the stadium after the game, and won't be the same as those that are likely to be sold later.

gofurman
04-08-2015, 03:37 PM

Rifraf - or anyone else! - please let me know if you have cans you are willing to Part with. I will certainly pay you a fair price

gofurman
04-08-2015, 03:42 PM
SG, the cans say "I saw the Blue Devils win...", so I'm going to assume that they were specifically for handing out at the stadium after the game, and won't be the same as those that are likely to be sold later.

Thanks for detail. Let me know (Pm?) If someone wants to sell one of these they handed out at the game! I would be interested !

ClassOf98
04-08-2015, 05:21 PM
I loved the shirt with Blue Devil5 on it, but it has apparently sold out at fantatics. Has anyone seen it anywhere else?

I logged in to ask the same question. I put one in my cart on the NCAA site last night, went to add some more swag today and was informed it had been discontinued and removed from my order. :mad:

If anyone knows where I can get one, I'd appreciate it.

( example: http://acc.teamfanshop.com/COLLEGE_Duke_Blue_Devils/Womens_White_Duke_Blue_Devils_2015_NCAA_Mens_Baske tball_National_Champions_Blue_Devil5_Fitted_T-Shirt )

wsb3
04-09-2015, 12:33 PM
I received an email today & I will be ordering this. I have the other four and it sure lights up my little office here at home.

http://www.sicovers.com/Product.aspx?pid=2885&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ncaa-2015-duke

ricks68
04-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Rifraf - or anyone else! - please let me know if you have cans you are willing to Part with. I will certainly pay you a fair price

I have 6 unopened and 3 emptied, but I would not sell them to DBR members. They will be given to some DBR faithful and others as gifts, in the spirit of what we do with extra tickets that we sell to each other at face value. I wish I had an extra one for you, as a member, as I recognize your handle.

ricks

DukeGirl4ever
04-09-2015, 06:49 PM

I haven't seen it anywhere else. I literally put in my order an hour after the game and was able to get it. In 2010, I waited until the next morning to buy the shirt I wanted and it was sold out.

I bought the Blue Devil5 shirt for my 7-year old daughter and one for myself.

I ordered Monday night and the first of my order shipped today.

DukeDevil
04-09-2015, 10:56 PM

Man I'm glad I'm not the only one...was starting to think something was wrong with me. I like it especially as a display hat, one I can leave out with my duke posters, SI covers, etc.

Speaking of which, did SI announce their hardcover special edition national championship magazine like they do? or is it just going to be the standard magazine as the only option?

DukeDevil
04-09-2015, 10:58 PM
I received an email today & I will be ordering this. I have the other four and it sure lights up my little office here at home.

http://www.sicovers.com/Product.aspx?pid=2885&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ncaa-2015-duke

is this just the cover page or is it actually the duke championship special like they've done in the past?

gofurman
04-09-2015, 11:41 PM
I have 6 unopened and 3 emptied, but I would not sell them to DBR members. They will be given to some DBR faithful and others as gifts, in the spirit of what we do with extra tickets that we sell to each other at face value. I wish I had an extra one for you, as a member, as I recognize your handle.

ricks

Ricks thanks for the sentiment. That's very kind of you! Sincerely, GoFurman

gofurman
04-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Man I'm glad I'm not the only one...was starting to think something was wrong with me. I like it especially as a display hat, one I can leave out with my duke posters, SI covers, etc.

Speaking of which, did SI announce their hardcover special edition national championship magazine like they do? or is it just going to be the standard magazine as the only option?

This. Same question here - some years they just have the regular' standard magazine...but some years (2010?) they add a special edition too. If they do both I would like to know so I can get both. If anyone sees a 'special edition' SI please let us know Thank you

msdukie
04-10-2015, 12:16 AM
There should be an SI special, but it hasn't been announced yet.

I ordered the bound version of the 2010 one and it kept getting delayed and eventually cancelled. They sent a postcard saying that the hardbound version will not be produced and refunded me. Now, if you go on the SI back issues page, you can order a hardbound 2010 special....

wsb3
04-10-2015, 08:16 AM
is this just the cover page or is it actually the duke championship special like they've done in the past?

This is just the cover page.

TampaDukie
04-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Speaking of gear, this new Duke Blue Planet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3sx3uY5y6M) video is awesome.

blazindw
04-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Speaking of gear, this new Duke Blue Planet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3sx3uY5y6M) video is awesome.

I want every single thing in this video. I'm a 2X in the t-shirts/jerseys and shorts/pants, XL in the jackets and the polo shirts. :)

Newton_14
04-10-2015, 12:43 PM
I want every single thing in this video. I'm a 2X in the t-shirts/jerseys and shorts/pants, XL in the jackets and the polo shirts. :)

HA! I just told my wife the exact same thing!

gofurman
04-10-2015, 01:55 PM
There should be an SI special, but it hasn't been announced yet.

I ordered the bound version of the 2010 one and it kept getting delayed and eventually cancelled. They sent a postcard saying that the hardbound version will not be produced and refunded me. Now, if you go on the SI back issues page, you can order a hardbound 2010 special....

Maybe it wasnt SI but someone in 2010 made a 'harder' cover edition magazine that was solely about Duke winning the title I think. Might not have been Sports Illustrated though I thought it was them that did it. I have it at home. I have both the SI regular edition magazine and then whatever I am referring to (I am not at home right now to look). The regular SI magazine in 2010 was about Duke but then other articles too obviously - the one they mail to your house and hits newstands. But then I have something that I think is a blue tint that is a slightly more firm binding. Does anyone know what I am referring to?? I think it has all 5 starters and K on the cover. (as opposed to the standard SI magazine which had John Scheyer jumping on the cover I think)

again, sorry - I am not at home to look...

1 24 90
04-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Maybe it wasnt SI but someone in 2010 made a 'harder' cover edition magazine that was solely about Duke winning the title I think. Might not have been Sports Illustrated though I thought it was them that did it. I have it at home. I have both the SI regular edition magazine and then whatever I am referring to (I am not at home right now to look). The regular SI magazine in 2010 was about Duke but then other articles too obviously - the one they mail to your house and hits newstands. But then I have something that I think is a blue tint that is a slightly more firm binding. Does anyone know what I am referring to?? I think it has all 5 starters and K on the cover. (as opposed to the standard SI magazine which had John Scheyer jumping on the cover I think)

I have a hard cover SI edition and a book/magazine from USA Today that they did and a really nice large book that I got through the Iron Dukes I think.

elvis14
04-10-2015, 02:08 PM
I have a hard cover SI edition and a book/magazine from USA Today that they did and a really nice large book that I got through the Iron Dukes I think.

I have the SI edition and the USA Today commemorative magazine as well. Hope to find similar publications this year. If people start seeing them in stores on or online, please post so that we can go find them :-)

SCMatt33
04-10-2015, 02:14 PM

I have it too. It is the SI commemorative issue as you thought. The one you have is simply not the hard-bound version. It was sold in stores unlike the hard bound version. The content is exactly the same.

wk2109
04-10-2015, 02:22 PM
I have it too. It is the SI commemorative issue as you thought. The one you have is simply not the hard-bound version. It was sold in stores unlike the hard bound version. The content is exactly the same.

Me too. The SI commemorative issue has K and the five starters on the cover and came in both hard-bound and soft-cover versions. I have both versions -- I originally bought the soft-cover version at the Barnes & Noble on 15/501 but saw that SI was giving away a commemorative mini-basketball and DVD with the hard-bound version so I ordered that too. I'm hoping SI does something similar with the ball/DVD this year.

kshepinthehouse
04-13-2015, 11:58 AM
I ordered my black championship shirt (the one with scissors) last Tuesday and it hasn't come in yet. I know I'm probably being really impatient but is this the expected wait for the shirt?

wilson
04-13-2015, 12:05 PM
I've got one order on the truck for delivery today, and another (my Duke Stores order) slated for delivery on Wednesday. Another wave of championship euphoria, in nice little boxes.

Merlindevildog91
04-13-2015, 12:09 PM
I ordered my black championship shirt (the one with scissors) last Tuesday and it hasn't come in yet. I know I'm probably being really impatient but is this the expected wait for the shirt?

I ordered Monday. My adult shirts and infant shirt came today. My 2 juvenile shirts haven't arrived yet. One is STILL on back order and the other is supposed to be on its way.

I had them shipped to my office in Nowhere, Virginia, perhaps an hour and a half from campus.

mcwp98
04-14-2015, 12:01 PM
I was wondering the same thing, I imagine they'll do one?

I got a call from the basketball office today. They are at least having another signing, but I'm too far down on the list to get one. I'm currently on a wait list. I'm not certain if this signing is with a new championship poster or if it is with the same one that they have had all year.

It'd be nice to know if someone gets one.

1 24 90
04-17-2015, 10:30 PM
http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=600&store=106&item_number=64519&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106

The 2015 National Champions Poster is now available thru the Duke Store.

Newton_14
04-17-2015, 11:09 PM
http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=600&store=106&item_number=64519&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106

The 2015 National Champions Poster is now available thru the Duke Store.

Cool poster, and I for sure will get one, but is it wrong that neither Obi, nor the two walkons are in the poster? I mean, they were certainly a part of the championship and I am sure they and their families would want that keepsake as well... I would feel better if they were in the poster also. And before it gets asked, it was the right thing to do to not have Semi or Rasheed in it.

Not trying to start a stink. Just interested in what the thoughts are of the community, to see if I am looking at this wrong.

1 24 90
04-17-2015, 11:42 PM
Cool poster, and I for sure will get one, but is it wrong that neither Obi, nor the two walkons are in the poster? I mean, they were certainly a part of the championship and I am sure they and their families would want that keepsake as well... I would feel better if they were in the poster also. And before it gets asked, it was the right thing to do to not have Semi or Rasheed in it.

Not trying to start a stink. Just interested in what the thoughts are of the community, to see if I am looking at this wrong.

Aren't they in the bottom picture on the right cheering madly for the team? Also, their names are listed too.

Newton_14
04-17-2015, 11:47 PM
Aren't they in the bottom picture on the right cheering madly for the team? Also, their names are listed too.

Good catch, though I do think it better had the two walkons been on the main picture with the "8 is Enough" crew. Glad they were not totally shut out. I missed the small photo of them the first time. Thanks for pointing that out.

WiJoe
04-18-2015, 11:24 AM
Anybody else get this when they order?:

We are sorry to inform you that the merchandise you ordered from us is temporarily out of stock.
We are working quickly, however, to ship your complete order at the earliest possible date.

The championship poster just became available recent, right?

I have some concerns about order through Duke stores online. Valid?

gurufrisbee
04-18-2015, 12:26 PM

I ordered mine on the same day and it got here on Monday. Sadly it's pretty cheap and thin and sized smaller than shirts normally that size are. I've gotten one for every championship team and this one is by far the worst quality of the five. #disappointed

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-18-2015, 01:17 PM
I ordered mine on the same day and it got here on Monday. Sadly it's pretty cheap and thin and sized smaller than shirts normally that size are. I've gotten one for every championship team and this one is by far the worst quality of the five. #disappointed

I just received mine today (ordered on Monday) and I echo the sizing issue. It says it is "athletic fit." Not sure what that suggests about me...

Love the design though.

blazindw
04-18-2015, 02:01 PM

We are sorry to inform you that the merchandise you ordered from us is temporarily out of stock.
We are working quickly, however, to ship your complete order at the earliest possible date.

Ordering through DukeStores is very reputable, but their inventory is dependent on what is in store. It's hard for them to update their inventory with so many people coming into the store and buying stuff. Keep in mind that this weekend is Alumni Weekend, so the stores have been inundated with alums returning to campus for their reunions.

msdukie
04-18-2015, 05:12 PM
Ordering through DukeStores is very reputable, but their inventory is dependent on what is in store. It's hard for them to update their inventory with so many people coming into the store and buying stuff. Keep in mind that this weekend is Alumni Weekend, so the stores have been inundated with alums returning to campus for their reunions.

Actually, I think the online inventory comes from an offsite area and is not the same as what is in the store.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-18-2015, 06:19 PM
I just received mine today (ordered on Monday) and I echo the sizing issue. It says it is "athletic fit." Not sure what that suggests about me...

Love the design though.

ricks68 popped by and visited me today and confirmed that both:

a) The sizing is a bit wonky
b) I do not have an "athletic fit"

Newton_14
04-18-2015, 07:33 PM

Got my micro-mini National Championship Basketball today! It's going on my desk at work. The full size version is scheduled to arrive on Monday! Hoping to get that one signed by Coach K. Both have the brown panels with two white panels commemorating the National Title. I have a standard full size Duke Ball like that, that K signed for me years back. It is the centerpiece of a table on the Living Room, but soon to get bumped!

I will post pics when I have both!

blazindw
04-19-2015, 12:27 AM
Actually, I think the online inventory comes from an offsite area and is not the same as what is in the store.

Some of the old items, yes. But a lot of their inventory online does come from within the store. Also, there are some things in the store that may not appear online for one reason or another (found an extra box, people return items, etc.).

weezie
04-19-2015, 11:54 AM
The millisecond that pieces of the Championship floor appear for sale I will rocket myself into the interwebs and spread the word. I am giddy at the thought of spending too much money on that token of success!

DukeDevil
04-19-2015, 01:18 PM
Get your Wisconsin Badger's 2015 championship photo!!!

http://touch.groupon.com/deals/gg-2015-ncaa-mens-basketball-champions-photo-mint?utm_campaign=UserReferral_mih&utm_medium=sms&utm_source=uu20037374

I'd love to see the certificate of authenticity...

duke09hms
04-19-2015, 01:22 PM
The millisecond that pieces of the Championship floor appear for sale I will rocket myself into the interwebs and spread the word. I am giddy at the thought of spending too much money on that token of success!

Does anyone know if they're still selling pieces of the 2010 national championship court? Would love to get a piece of that now.

hurleyfor3
04-19-2015, 02:31 PM

Maybe you could trade some seat cushions for it...

msdukie
04-20-2015, 12:17 AM
Does anyone know if they're still selling pieces of the 2010 national championship court? Would love to get a piece of that now.

If you go on the Duke Stores website, there are still 2 of the unsigned pieces of floor available.

duke09hms
04-20-2015, 12:25 AM
If you go on the Duke Stores website, there are still 2 of the unsigned pieces of floor available.

I think those are the Cameron court pieces. If not, can you link it? I can't seem to find the 2010 championship floor pieces.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
04-20-2015, 08:36 AM

Love the design though.

Yea all my shirts arrived and my beer belly seems to be in the way of things. So no more beer, and going to the gym until that darn shirts fit. Lets start a DBR fitness challenge, We will call it the "Bad Fitting Championship T-Shirt Size Down Athletic Challenge, (BFCTSDAC for short)" Whos with me!!! before and after photos are not required by highly encouraged.

calvindog
04-20-2015, 08:46 AM
I think those are the Cameron court pieces. If not, can you link it? I can't seem to find the 2010 championship floor pieces.

http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=530&store=106&form=shared3/gm/main.html&design=106

Highlander
04-20-2015, 08:47 AM
Anyone else order a copy of Sports Illustrated online? I ordered a framed version of the cover, but when I received my shipment I just had two copies of the magazine. Does the frame ship separately?

wsb3
04-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Big box just delivered from the University. Cool stuff for me and 4 upcoming Birthday presents already purchased. Even a couple of Christmas presents.

This will make the coffee taste so much better.

obsesseddukefan
04-22-2015, 01:17 PM

Not sure what to do. I dont want to cancel the order. Is it safe to assume(I know) that when more come in the orders will start to ship?

Merlindevildog91
04-22-2015, 02:50 PM
Not sure what to do. I dont want to cancel the order. Is it safe to assume(I know) that when more come in the orders will start to ship?

One of my (two) youth shirts came yesterday. I ordered on the 7th. My coworker that signed for the package said the delivery worker pointed out to her how high the order number was. It was (IIRC) in the range of 460,000. I didn't even know that was a thing, but the delivery worker thought that was a very high number of packages for something non-Amazon.

I got the email on the other youth shirt yesterday.

Your package will get to you, but don't sit next to the mailbox waiting.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Big box just delivered from the University. Cool stuff for me and 4 upcoming Birthday presents already purchased. Even a couple of Christmas presents.

This will make the coffee taste so much better.

How is the fit?

DukeGirl4ever
04-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone from DBR ordered this sweatshirt from Fanatics?
http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Duke_Blue_Devils/Duke_Blue_Devils_2015_NCAA_Mens_Basketball_Nationa l_Champions_Old_School_Pullover_Hoodie_-_Gray

I ordered it the night of the championship game and when the first one arrived, it looked like it had been sliced down the middle (not all the way through) and had some melted plastic on the sweatshirt.

I returned it after Fanatics agreed to send a new one....and the second one arrived with the exact same problem. I absolutely love this sweatshirt and don't want to return it, but don't feel like I should pay $50 for it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Durham Blue Devil
04-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone from DBR ordered this sweatshirt from Fanatics?
http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Duke_Blue_Devils/Duke_Blue_Devils_2015_NCAA_Mens_Basketball_Nationa l_Champions_Old_School_Pullover_Hoodie_-_Gray

I ordered it the night of the championship game and when the first one arrived, it looked like it had been sliced down the middle (not all the way through) and had some melted plastic on the sweatshirt.

I returned it after Fanatics agreed to send a new one....and the second one arrived with the exact same problem. I absolutely love this sweatshirt and don't want to return it, but don't feel like I should pay $50 for it.

Anyone else have this problem?

I had the exact same problem with the same sweatshirt (melted plastic on the sweatshirt). I ripped the tags off before I realized it and I otherwise really love the sweatshirt so I am stuck with it.

Newton_14
04-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Went back to the Bryan Center store yesterday with fresh Birthday money in my wallet! Second trip! Newty_14 has more swag/gear! Got the white and gray versions of the shirt with the score on it, got the Blue 5 shirt, and the Blue "Only One Champion" shirt, and the gray national title hat!

Racking up! On the first trip the day after the game, I got the black cut the nets shirt the players wore after the game and the Duke Blue Nike National Champions shirt they wore at the Celebration in Cameron, and finally, I have both the full size and the mini-micro National Championship Basketballs that will hopefully be signed by Coach K at some point. Plus, they now have Black Duke Jersey's in #32 & #33 with Laettner and G. Hill on the back. I picked up the Grant jersey for $42 bucks!

So yes I am relishing and embellishing in this championship! The UNC fans at work are going to straight up hate life in the office for a very long time!

By the way, the Duke store now has almost every championship shirt I have seen advertised on various sites, all the hats, and both the basketballs I mentioned. So call the store if you don't see it on the website.

DukeGirl4ever
04-25-2015, 10:27 PM
I had the exact same problem with the same sweatshirt (melted plastic on the sweatshirt). I ripped the tags off before I realized it and I otherwise really love the sweatshirt so I am stuck with it.

Good to know it wasn't just my bad luck, but that stinks that you can't return it!
After I called the 2nd time, Fanatics took it off their site until they figured out the problem. I just got notification that they are sending a 3rd sweatshirt....I hope they figured out what it was. It's a great sweatshirt. I'm sure I could have peeled off all the melted plastic, but I shouldn't have to at $50.

I will keep you posted about attempt #3! ;)

blazindw
04-26-2015, 05:51 AM
Went back to the Bryan Center store yesterday with fresh Birthday money in my wallet! Second trip! Newty_14 has more swag/gear! Got the white and gray versions of the shirt with the score on it, got the Blue 5 shirt, and the Blue "Only One Champion" shirt, and the gray national title hat!

Racking up! On the first trip the day after the game, I got the black cut the nets shirt the players wore after the game and the Duke Blue Nike National Champions shirt they wore at the Celebration in Cameron, and finally, I have both the full size and the mini-micro National Championship Basketballs that will hopefully be signed by Coach K at some point. Plus, they now have Black Duke Jersey's in #32 & #33 with Laettner and G. Hill on the back. I picked up the Grant jersey for $42 bucks!

So yes I am relishing and embellishing in this championship! The UNC fans at work are going to straight up hate life in the office for a very long time!

By the way, the Duke store now has almost every championship shirt I have seen advertised on various sites, all the hats, and both the basketballs I mentioned. So call the store if you don't see it on the website.

I just arrived on campus about 2 hours ago (gotta love those overnight Megabus trips) for the Wunderglo 3-on-3 charity basketball tournament that's taking place in Cameron today. I hope the store will be open...this money ain't gonna spend itself!

kingboozer
04-26-2015, 07:51 PM
I just got the schedule banner and the replica championship banners on Friday, they are awesome if anyone was wondering!

Quick question, if anyone has a schedule banner from 2010 and are willing to sell it please PM me, there is a gaping hole on my wall, 2010 is the only season I'm missing!

1 24 90
04-29-2015, 09:44 AM
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/high-five-triumph-books/1121772863?ean=9781629370637

gofurman
05-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Bottles and cans- is there a bottle or can commemorating 2010 national title?

I ask bc I have the following:
91 national champ coke bottle ..I think it's coca cola
92 Coke can for national champ
91-92 true blue soda (made by?)
2001 coke can for national title
2015 coke cans (2 different ones) handed out at title game

*++. The glaring miss is the 2010 title. Did coke or Pepsi put out a can or bottle that year for us????

Help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!! Anyone ever seen a 2010 bottle or can??

El_Diablo
05-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Bottles and cans- is there a bottle or can commemorating 2010 national title?

I ask bc I have the following:
91 national champ coke bottle ..I think it's coca cola
92 Coke can for national champ
91-92 true blue soda (made by?)
2001 coke can for national title
2015 coke cans (2 different ones) handed out at title game

*++. The glaring miss is the 2010 title. Did coke or Pepsi put out a can or bottle that year for us????

Help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!! Anyone ever seen a 2010 bottle or can??

Yes, Coke put out some commemorative cans in 2010.

madscavenger
05-15-2015, 05:55 AM
i just received a few items i purchased at the Duke University eSTORE. There were some problems with the order, and i wondered if anyone else has experienced the following: i was charged the amounts shown on the website (as expected), but when the order arrived a different amount was printed on the labels containing the UPCs. Anyone?

ricks68
05-15-2015, 07:14 PM
i just received a few items i purchased at the Duke University eSTORE. There were some problems with the order, and i wondered if anyone else has experienced the following: i was charged the amounts shown on the website (as expected), but when the order arrived a different amount was printed on the labels containing the UPCs. Anyone?

Hey Mad. Happened to me too. I called them and got them to refund me the difference. No problem. Let me know if you don't get the refund.

ricks68

superdave
05-29-2015, 02:33 PM
Is this real? Why would they not put a reserve on it? Any frequent Ebayers out there?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NATIONAL-CHAMPIONS-2014-15-DUKE-BLUE-DEVILS-TEAM-SIGNED-AUTOGRAPHED-COURT-FLOOR-/311365699046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487ed785e6

weezie
05-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Is this real? Why would they not put a reserve on it? Any frequent Ebayers out there?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NATIONAL-CHAMPIONS-2014-15-DUKE-BLUE-DEVILS-TEAM-SIGNED-AUTOGRAPHED-COURT-FLOOR-/311365699046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487ed785e6

Well criminy! I haven't seen anything coming out of Duke about floor pieces, even unsigned. But since it isn't actual flooring, I'm not so sure I want it anyway.
Seller/source sure has plenty of positive feedback.

blazindw
05-29-2015, 08:41 PM

Well criminy! I haven't seen anything coming out of Duke about floor pieces, even unsigned. But since it isn't actual flooring, I'm not so sure I want it anyway.
Seller/source sure has plenty of positive feedback.

They didn't say it was the floor, just a floor. This is definitely not the Final Four floor from Indy.

magjayran
05-30-2015, 09:20 AM
I may have bought one of these. I may be way too old to ever wear it. http://livekickz.bigcartel.com/product/tupac-duke-jersey-shirt

weezie
05-30-2015, 05:41 PM
I may have bought one of these. I may be way too old to ever wear it.

Though I usually use the word sparingly, that shirt is awesome. You may be too old to ever wear it in public but maybe you could be buried in it? I think it would be swell on the front row of the Crazies.

lololol

blazindw
05-31-2015, 11:29 AM
I may have bought one of these. I may be way too old to ever wear it. http://livekickz.bigcartel.com/product/tupac-duke-jersey-shirt

If it's a size 2XL, you can send it to me. I'll wear the hell out of it!

mdj
06-01-2015, 10:44 PM

I wish you hadn't posted that. There's a 95% chance I'm going to have too much to drink some night and order it.

matts83
06-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Does anyone have an update on when the championship floor will go on sale? I know in 2010 they had it available some time in June and shipped them out about 2 or 3 months later...if I remember correctly. I know they purchased it but that was about 2 months ago. Thanks!

superdave
06-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Does anyone have an update on when the championship floor will go on sale? I know in 2010 they had it available some time in June and shipped them out about 2 or 3 months later...if I remember correctly. I know they purchased it but that was about 2 months ago. Thanks!

I have not seen it yet. You should sign up for the Duke store's email list. They do an email about once a week. I am guessing they will advertise the floor for sale when it is ready.

On another note - if anyone has an extra floor piece from 1992, 2001 or 2010 they would sell me, I have some money burning a hole in my pocket. :)

1 24 90
06-12-2015, 12:20 PM
http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=600&store=106&item_number=67601&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106

New book from the Duke Store commemorating the season!

superdave
06-12-2015, 02:06 PM

Have you worn this thing yet? We need details, please.

yancem
06-12-2015, 03:08 PM
I have a large plaque from the 2001 championship that depicts the front page from on of the local news papers which I really like. Has anyone seen something similar for 2015 (or 2010 for that matter).

msdukie
06-13-2015, 12:13 AM
Made some investments here in 2001 and 2010 as well; time for another watch replacement:

http://www.mlahart.com/Duke-University/2015-NCAA-Duke-Championship

M LaHart is a 1986 Duke grad BTW. This stuff is also available at the Duke Store each time (though not online, at least not yet).

accfanfrom1970
06-13-2015, 04:39 AM

Anyone heard anything about championship floor pieces for sale? Have one from 2001 and 2010....have to add 2015. Thanks...

magjayran
06-14-2015, 02:26 PM
Have you worn this thing yet? We need details, please.

Haha no. My plan is to wait for the next game against UNC. I work in Chapel Hill so I want its debut to be on the day that is likely to make the most people mad.

WiJoe
06-25-2015, 01:14 PM
Anybody have any info on NCAA championship gear/souvenirs that The Duck Shop and bookstore have that might not be available online?

jcannon
06-30-2015, 03:13 PM
I just called the Duke Store in regards to purchasing a piece of the championship floor, as I have done in years past. They said that it should be available in 1-2 weeks, based on the information she had. I just wanted to update the thread for those of you who, like myself, are looking to add to the collection of NCAA Championship floor pieces.

superdave
07-23-2015, 05:25 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUKE-BASKETBALL-Custom-Light-Switch-Cover-Plate-Tyus-Jones-National-Champions-/131546874925?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1ea0ce042d

NYBri
07-23-2015, 09:53 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUKE-BASKETBALL-Custom-Light-Switch-Cover-Plate-Tyus-Jones-National-Champions-/131546874925?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1ea0ce042d

Don't quite know what to say....

elvis14
07-24-2015, 11:46 AM

That's just not quite right!

killerleft
07-24-2015, 12:23 PM
Somebody needs to take a switch to the designer of that gear.

El_Diablo
07-24-2015, 02:51 PM
Tyus was indeed a light's-out shooter.

matts83
08-06-2015, 11:02 AM
Just wanted to bump this to the top and see if anyone has an update on the flooring. 2010 didn't take this long for it to be for sale.

weezie
08-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Just wanted to bump this to the top and see if anyone has an update on the flooring. 2010 didn't take this long for it to be for sale.

I haven't seen/heard anything. Agreed it's taking a very long time if they are even going to do it already!

jcannon
09-01-2015, 11:32 AM
I called the store today, and they let me know that the floor would not be offered this year for purchase. I'm really bummed out about this, as it would have looked great beside the 2001 and 2010 pieces I have. Just wanted to pass along an update in case anyone else was like myself and still waiting for the release.

superdave
09-01-2015, 01:47 PM
I called the store today, and they let me know that the floor would not be offered this year for purchase. I'm really bummed out about this, as it would have looked great beside the 2001 and 2010 pieces I have. Just wanted to pass along an update in case anyone else was like myself and still waiting for the release.

Any reason why? I wonder if they are saving it for a fundraising drive or some other purpose.

msdukie
09-01-2015, 10:55 PM

This also happened in 2001, when they advertised pieces of floor for the sale at the store (not too different from the 1997 Cameron floor that will be sold in perpetuity). I even paid for one in advance. They were supposed to be signed by Shane, Nate, and J.D. Simpson. Something happened related to problems signing the floor and all of the orders were cancelled.

So, no SI commemorative, no floor...disappointing.

weezie
09-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Majorly bummed. That stinks! :(:mad::(