PDA

View Full Version : EWill Named NDPOY

burnspbesq
04-07-2015, 11:24 AM
While we were all watching the Duke men last night, ome of our women was collecting hardware in Tampa.

Congratulations to Elizabeth Williams, the WBCA National Defensive Player of the Year.

A richly deserved award and a fitting capstone to an outstanding career

CameronBornAndBred
04-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Awesome! Hopefully she will have a long career playing pro ball before she becomes Dr. Williams.

wandalee
04-07-2015, 12:45 PM
It will be interesting to see if her jersey gets retired. She definitely deserves it after such a great career. She will be missed.

burnspbesq
04-07-2015, 02:30 PM
It will be interesting to see if her jersey gets retired. She definitely deserves it after such a great career. She will be missed.

Tough call. She finished her career fourth in scoring (behind Alana Beard, Chris Moreland, and Mo Currie), second in rebounds (behind Moreland), and second in blocked shots (behind Alison Bales). She has a national POY award in common with Beard and Lindsey Harding, and multiple A-A selections, and two ACC Championships, but no Final Four appearances. I think if you are going to put EWill in the rafters, you also have to put Chris Moreland up there.

Kedsy
04-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Congrats to Elizabeth. She did us proud for four years.

And if what keeps her out of the rafters is a lack of Final Fours, I'd argue that's unfair, given the glut of injuries to her teammates that were entirely beyond Elizabeth's control.

DukieInKansas
04-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Congratulations! Another Duke Student-athlete makes us proud.

msdukie
04-08-2015, 01:11 AM
Tough call. She finished her career fourth in scoring (behind Alana Beard, Chris Moreland, and Mo Currie), second in rebounds (behind Moreland), and second in blocked shots (behind Alison Bales). She has a national POY award in common with Beard and Lindsey Harding, and multiple A-A selections, and two ACC Championships, but no Final Four appearances. I think if you are going to put EWill in the rafters, you also have to put Chris Moreland up there.

Beard and Harding were the consensus National Players of the Year. That is not the same thing as being named National Defensive Player of the Year.

uh_no
04-08-2015, 01:41 AM
Beard and Harding were the consensus National Players of the Year. That is not the same thing as being named National Defensive Player of the Year.

it would be enough for the west side of the stadium.

winch it up, I say!