PDA

View Full Version : Team Reception Approx 5pm...Doors open at 3:30 Today (4/7) in Cameron

ChrisP
04-07-2015, 12:47 AM
Was just watching WRAL and they announced doors will open at 3:30, just FYI. I'll be there (as always)!!!

DesertDevil
04-07-2015, 01:11 AM
Man, can't tell you how much I would love to be there tomorrow. Don't think I can get there from Tucson by then.

I'll just have to revel in the championship around all my U of A loving friends. LOL

wsb3
04-07-2015, 01:24 AM
Was just watching WRAL and they announced doors will open at 3:30, just FYI. I'll be there (as always)!!!

Thank you for sharing. I have been to the last 3 & my niece wants to go again and this time with her girls, my great nieces. I raised her well..Little bit of a drive from Carolina Beach but what the heck..

Selover
04-07-2015, 09:11 AM
Man, can't tell you how much I would love to be there tomorrow. Don't think I can get there from Tucson by then.

I'll just have to revel in the championship around all my U of A loving friends. LOL

If I was still out in Phoenix, I would pick you up! My apologies! GO DUKE!

Atldukie79
04-07-2015, 10:42 AM
Do we know for sure this is open to the public?
Will there be room inside if you show up at 5pm?

Newton_14
04-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Do we know for sure this is open to the public?
Will there be room inside if you show up at 5pm?
Yes and Yes

scottdude8
04-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Any chance this will be simulcast online somehow?

wgl1228
04-07-2015, 11:11 AM
I know parking willbe limited, any suggestions for spot? I was thinking the parking deck and then just make the walk?

diablesseblu
04-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Any chance this will be simulcast online somehow?

Yes. WRALSportsfan.com

BlueHeaven
04-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Just saw ESPN tweet that they are broadcasting it on ESPN3 at 5.

ChrisP
04-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Thanks to whomever updated the time and info about this. I was just posting what I heard on WRAL last night after the game. They did mention that they'd carry it live, but I guess ESPN3 is covering it as well. I have been to Cameron for this even 4 times previously and never had trouble getting in. However, I do remember waiting an awfully long time in 2010 (I think maybe the team flight was delayed) and it was hot as hades in the old gym (gem?) so if you're going, you might want to layer in case it gets stuffy.

Now...if I could just figure out where in the heck to park. I think I might still have outstanding tickets from my undergrad days :cool:

TJ99
04-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Can anyone recommend where to park? I really wanna go but not sure where general public parking is located. Thanks!

Owen Meany
04-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Can anyone recommend where to park? I really wanna go but not sure where general public parking is located. Thanks!

Also, I realize this was asked earlier, but has anything definitively stated this is open to the public?

WRAL has this on their website: Doors will open at 3:30 p.m. to students, university staff (Cameron can accommodate a little more than 9,000 fans) and the media. WRAL will carry the celebration live on television and on WRALSportsFan.com.
Read more at http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke-plans-campus-celebration-of-basketball-season/14564250/#LkiTLCU8C08VuSF5.99

I want to come in with my young son from out of town and don't want to disappoint him. We came 5 years ago and he had a great time, bought tshirts, etc. But I worry about getting there and it being students and faculty only.

jay
04-07-2015, 01:05 PM
It's free to the public. (https://www.facebook.com/DukeAthletics/photos/a.10151298212496194.464759.11129186193/10152811985926194/?type=1&theater) But I'm sure you'll want to get there early.

Owen Meany
04-07-2015, 01:20 PM
It's free to the public. (https://www.facebook.com/DukeAthletics/photos/a.10151298212496194.464759.11129186193/10152811985926194/?type=1&theater) But I'm sure you'll want to get there early.

Thank you for this. I had searched many links, but missed this one.

TampaDukie
04-07-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm watching on ESPN3, and shocked that Cameron isn't full. I'd give anything to be there if I was in North Carolina.

Lid
04-07-2015, 07:36 PM
There were only a few dozen seats open upstairs. You had to have a wristband to be downstairs (students and athletics-affiliated people for the most part), but there was plenty of room there.

dukelifer
04-07-2015, 07:50 PM
I'm watching on ESPN3, and shocked that Cameron isn't full. I'd give anything to be there if I was in North Carolina.

It was packed upstairs. Downstairs not as much. A lot of students were upstairs.

TampaDukie
04-07-2015, 08:23 PM
There were only a few dozen seats open upstairs. You had to have a wristband to be downstairs (students and athletics-affiliated people for the most part), but there was plenty of room there.
Thanks for the info! I did notice it was a full house upstairs. I was surprised by all the open space on the floor. But if it was restricted access, that makes total sense.

Newton_14
04-07-2015, 10:38 PM
The celebration was awesome. They never get old. K was amazing as usual and Quinn Cook has grown so much as a man he is a pure joy to listen to. Amazing. He is also my 10 yr all daughters favorite player by a mile. This morning she was going back and forth between celebrating and crying because it was his last game. She says it isn't fair that he can't play next season. :) Kids. She is now demanding to meet him so now I have to figure out how to make that happen! I wish I had gotten her out of school and taken her today! So on a mission to make it happen!

I did get to meet Matt Jones in the Duke Store after the celebration. Amazingly shy kid and meeting him was great. Very humble young man. I gave him props for shutting Dekker down and told him how well he played defense last night. That was the coolest part of my day!

The video's were really cool too. K had them play the inspirational video they showed the team in their Sunday Night meeting. It was highlights of all 8 players from the entire season including the tourney and the Mich St game. It was played to one of K's favorite songs. SOrry I could not hear him when he named the song.

Like always too, they showed us the full game on the midcourt scoreboard while we waited for the team and timed it such that the team was introduced and walked in shortly after the game ended. I had a great seat on the rail right above the tunnel entrance where they walked in. NDotSmitty was in Da House! And sat on the edge of the bleachers right below us.

Finally, I got to meet my buddy Superdave in person at the event! We were able to watch most of the 2nd Half together and discuss the game which was really cool! Really enjoyed that Dave! Glad I finally got to meet you in person.

We are super blessed to have our DBR community while rooting for the greatest school on the planet! Go Duke!!

Newton_14
04-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Forgot to share one K story, sorry. K said that last night prior to their presser, he and his assistant coaches were in a holding room together. He stated to them that he could not believe they came back and won that game, after being down 9 with all the foul trouble. One of Scheyer/Capel/James said "why coach? They have done it all year".

UVA on the road, down double digits in 2nd half
St Johns on the road, down double digits in 2nd half
UNC at home, down 9 with 2 minutes to go.

Found a way to win..... All they do is win win win

stillcrazie
04-07-2015, 11:16 PM
The celebration was awesome. They never get old. K was amazing as usual and Quinn Cook has grown so much as a man he is a pure joy to listen to. Amazing. He is also my 10 yr all daughters favorite player by a mile. This morning she was going back and forth between celebrating and crying because it was his last game. She says it isn't fair that he can't play next season. :) Kids. She is now demanding to meet him so now I have to figure out how to make that happen! I wish I had gotten her out of school and taken her today! So on a mission to make it happen!

I did get to meet Matt Jones in the Duke Store after the celebration. Amazingly shy kid and meeting him was great. Very humble young man. I gave him props for shutting Dekker down and told him how well he played defense last night. That was the coolest part of my day!

The video's were really cool too. K had them play the inspirational video they showed the team in their Sunday Night meeting. It was highlights of all 8 players from the entire season including the tourney and the Mich St game. It was played to one of K's favorite songs. SOrry I could not hear him when he named the song.

Like always too, they showed us the full game on the midcourt scoreboard while we waited for the team and timed it such that the team was introduced and walked in shortly after the game ended. I had a great seat on the rail right above the tunnel entrance where they walked in. NDotSmitty was in Da House! And sat on the edge of the bleachers right below us.

Finally, I got to meet my buddy Superdave in person at the event! We were able to watch most of the 2nd Half together and discuss the game which was really cool! Really enjoyed that Dave! Glad I finally got to meet you in person.

We are super blessed to have our DBR community while rooting for the greatest school on the planet! Go Duke!!

I was there, too, in the front row on the floor. Coach K really enjoyed interacting with the crowd. Quinn was the only player who spoke. I was there in 2010 and it seemed like all the starters got to say a few words to the crowd. Afterward, I saw the guys walk out to their cars and drive off. Suddenly, I felt a wave of sadness that we would never see this amazing group again.

stillcrazie
04-08-2015, 09:20 AM
After the rally, I stood in the gauntlet as the players walked out one by one. Before they came out, I expected them to look like regular guys, happy, tired, ready to go home and get some well deserved rest. What surprised me was how wrong that expectation was. As they walked past me, I couldn't help but notice that there was something different about them - they were no longer regular guys. Maybe they never were. They had an aura about them. They shone with the glory of 10,000 suns. Tyus, in particular, wore a half smile, his eyes shining with amazement through the exhaustion. They looked like warriors, home from the battlefield. They looked like gods.

BluDvlsN1
04-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Has anyone been able to determine which Meek Mill song is the pregame hype song?
I'm thinking it's "Dreams and nighmares", just not sure.

dukebluesincebirth
04-08-2015, 02:27 PM
What a glorious day it was on campus yesterday! I got my championship gear and got to welcome the boys bringing home the Natty! I was there with my 8 month pregnant wife who was rocking her "Duke: Point Guard in Training" maternity shirt...this drew almost as much attention as the players😃...so much fun! Hopefully I can bring my baby daughter back to experience the next one in the near future! On top of the world! Go Blue Devils!

superdave
04-08-2015, 02:37 PM

superdave
04-08-2015, 02:40 PM

Native
04-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Has anyone been able to determine which Meek Mill song is the pregame hype song?
I'm thinking it's "Dreams and nighmares", just not sure.

You're correct.