PDA

View Full Version : SNL Writers going with UK?

BlueTeuf
04-05-2015, 12:50 PM
In the opening sketch last night, SNL had Taran Killam impersonate Coach Krzyzewski and try to be funny about referring to OADs as students. Problem is I could have done a better job of impersonating Coach - and the script/narrative was like shoe-horning my size 11s into Mrs. Teuf's Capezios. Yeah, it's still a slipper; but the fit's all wrong.

It strikes me that the SNL writers expected UK to win. IOWs, Taran was prepped to spoof Calipari and switched on the fly.

Thoughts?

Henderson
04-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Thoughts?

Change the channel? SNL hasn't been a relevant voice for edgy comedy for decades, the Tina Fey riffs on Sarah Palin being the one bright spot.

weezie
04-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Change the channel? SNL hasn't been a relevant voice for edgy comedy for decades...

Snl, reliably not funny for years. NBC on the whole not a Duke fanhold. Fallon writers especially enjoy the chance to give Duke a swift kick. Remember how they went after Ryan Kelly?

gurufrisbee
04-05-2015, 04:29 PM
I gotta think SNL was ready to use Kentucky there until they lost. The actor looked more like Calipari than Krzyzewski and the jokes all hit MUCH better with using Kentucky and some Kentucky player than they do with Duke. The real unfortunate thing is the HUGE amount of comedy that was missed when they had Kenny Smith talk about getting an education at NC.