PDA

View Full Version : Sore Losers (Harrison uses racial slur in Post-Game Presser of UK/Wisc)

Jim3k
04-05-2015, 03:23 AM
Riot in Lexington (http://http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25136373/kentucky-fans-riot-after-losing-to-wisconsin-in-the-final-four)

Learned that behavior from UMd, I'd guess.

JetpackJesus
04-05-2015, 03:40 AM
And then there's this very sportsmanlike comment from Andrew Harrison:

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/5/8346723/kentuckys-andrew-harrison-on-frank-kaminsky-after-kentuckys-loss-to

aswewere
04-05-2015, 06:46 AM
Riot in Lexington (http://http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25136373/kentucky-fans-riot-after-losing-to-wisconsin-in-the-final-four)

Learned that behavior from UMd, I'd guess.

Team / fans all the same http://www.kentucky.com/2015/04/04/3784849_thousands-of-fans-pack-bars-yards.html?rh=1

slower
04-05-2015, 07:10 AM
We knew The Harrisons were punks before they even showed up at UK.

OldPhiKap
04-05-2015, 07:46 AM
Stay classy, Big Blue Nation.

KenTankerous
04-05-2015, 07:50 AM
"Wildcats freshman Tyler Ulis said. "So the season was a waste.""

And "Forget that niner" during a PRESSER?!?!?

Have I told Duke Blue Nation lately how much I loveLOVElove y'all for converting me to the shade of Blue that appreciates authentic student-athletes and grooms youngsters into polite, productive, self-aware not -absorbed men of substance?

Ashamed just doesn't cover it here in the 'tucky...

MarkD83
04-05-2015, 07:56 AM
Have I told Duke Blue Nation lately how much I loveLOVElove y'all for converting me to the shade of Blue that appreciates authentic student-athletes and grooms youngsters into polite, productive, self-aware not -absorbed men of substance?

Ashamed just doesn't cover it here in the 'tucky...

Character reflects leadership.

jjasper0729
04-05-2015, 08:13 AM
We knew The Harrisons were punks before they even showed up at UK.

This after they walk off the court without bothering to go through the handshake line. Go figure

duke96
04-05-2015, 08:20 AM
This is somewhat enjoyable

https://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=211926322&mid=211926322&sid=888&style=2

Let alone of course the possibility of getting #5 this trip.

NYBri
04-05-2015, 08:20 AM
And then there's this very sportsmanlike comment from Andrew Harrison:

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/5/8346723/kentuckys-andrew-harrison-on-frank-kaminsky-after-kentuckys-loss-to

I can't even begin to imagine a Duke player uttering those words. Mainly because it's just not part of the team's culture...set by K.

wilko
04-05-2015, 08:55 AM
I really don't hold too much against the UK kids for not knowing how to lose with dignity.
its a lesson they didn't get around to this yr. I'd hate for things I said and did as a teen to be held against me forever; especially in the immediate face of disappointment.

But their fans - thats a different matter.
A bunch of questionable decisions from folks who should know better.

I don't envy those kids having to GO BACK and deal with those fans...

cspan37421
04-05-2015, 09:12 AM
I really don't hold too much against the UK kids for not knowing how to lose with dignity.
its a lesson they didn't get around to this yr. I'd hate for things I said and did as a teen to be held against me forever; especially in the immediate face of disappointment.

You could flip the matter, though, and note that the players have a coach and daily mentor who is supposed to lead them and show them the right way of doing things, whereas the fans do not and their behavior betrays the "no one is the boss of me" mentality. So I rather think that the players' behavior is telling. If it was just one of them, then you can always claim that there's a rebel in every family. If a few of them walk off the court without shaking hands, and one mutters a racial slur toward an opposing player, well, that suggests it's not just one malcontented kid. It suggests a big gap in character development.

How about that media double standard on the slur, eh?

WillJ
04-05-2015, 09:13 AM

I agree that we shouldn't be too hard on Harrison. The Kentucky team has actually handled itself pretty well this year, as far as I can tell, and an impolitic mutter after a tough loss should not be taken too seriously.

DukieInKansas
04-05-2015, 09:17 AM
I give the kid a little slack since he must have been terribly disappointed with the outcome. But wasn't his comment about Kaminsky?

Atlanta Duke
04-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Some people simply cannot take a joke from a fun loving guy that is "perceived" to be offensive

Andrew Harrison apologizes for slur 'used in jest' about Frank Kaminsky

When I realized how this could be perceived I immediately called big frank to apologize and let him know I didn't mean any disrespect

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12621890/kentucky-wildcats-reviewing-andrew-harrison-postgame-comments

wavedukefan70s
04-05-2015, 09:21 AM
That's what espn said.kids make mistakes .I believe he will learn from this.the media will grill him to death.

Furniture
04-05-2015, 09:29 AM
I thought their attitudes in the press conference were very poor and in particular the Harrison's.

camion
04-05-2015, 10:01 AM
I agree that we shouldn't be too hard on Harrison. The Kentucky team has actually handled itself pretty well this year, as far as I can tell, and an impolitic mutter after a tough loss should not be taken too seriously.

I would take pattern my response to Harrison after that of a mature individual in a similar situation. I would also encourage the UK team to aspire to such maturity.

Linky (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwyHKa0zbsE)

53n206
04-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Harrison, press conference, team leaving without congratulating Wisconsin, look on the coaches face were all signs of a group that had never even conceived that they could be beaten. And then they were, by a fine group of warriors.

gurufrisbee
04-05-2015, 10:21 AM
I don't think anyone is being all that harsh on Harrison. Anyone classless enough to skip shaking their opponents hands would and should get slammed for it. And if Kaminsky had said the same thing about Harrison at the press conference he would never stop being associated with that.

ChillinDuke
04-05-2015, 10:39 AM
The constant rhetoric around here that kids are kids seems to me a ridiculous crutch sometimes.

When I was 20 I knew not to say those words, at least not in public, at least not in front of hundreds of reporters intending to publicize comments, at least not in front of a microphone designed to pick up and project every word and breath, at least not when I chose to go to the arguably most high-profile basketball program, at least not when I was a projected lottery pick in the NBA draft.

It's absolutely inexcusable. Inexcusable. Kids are kids sometimes. But sometimes 20 year olds aren't kids. This was not a scenario that was hard to figure out the right thing to do. At all.

- Chillin

NancyCarol
04-05-2015, 10:51 AM
I grow weary in a culture where making an apology for an offensive remark or classless gesture is expected to "make everything OK." The five and seven year olds in my life would do hard labor if they behaved as did those teenagers. They already know better. Tears to show emotion are just fine, solitary angst is fine...but you shake hands after every game regardless of the result and you don't ever even THINK those words. Sports are meant to help us grow through competition, not revert to toddler tantrums. And sorry just isn't enough. As for the grown arse fans and their exhibitions, I have no words nor patience. Spoiled brats.

vick
04-05-2015, 10:56 AM
The constant rhetoric around here that kids are kids seems to me a ridiculous crutch sometimes.

When I was 20 I knew not to say those words, at least not in public, at least not in front of hundreds of reporters intending to publicize comments, at least not in front of a microphone designed to pick up and project every word and breath, at least not when I chose to go to the arguably most high-profile basketball program, at least not when I was a projected lottery pick in the NBA draft.

It's absolutely inexcusable. Inexcusable. Kids are kids sometimes. But sometimes 20 year olds aren't kids. This was not a scenario that was hard to figure out the right thing to do. At all.

- Chillin

No offense, but did you have millions of people watching you in public when you were 20? What do any of us really know about it?

The way we treat athletes in our society is utterly bizarre to me. You're supposed to live and die by how you play, but then never slip up minutes after the biggest disappointment of your life? And this is "inexcusable"? Premeditated murder is "inexcusable." This is a dude who said something dumb and apologized.

Saratoga2
04-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Their attitudes and actions subsequent to the loss reflects on the Kentucky organization and coaching staff. Calipari's incredulous looks at the officials in every game I saw this year is symptomatic of the idea that we should be treated better than the opponents and our fouls are never fouls, etc. The kids pick up on this. Wisconsin is a very good and experienced team and I had expected Kentucky to fall to them after their close call against ND. Calipari's coaching moves during the game weren't winning ones so instead of pouting about their loss, the Kentucky players and coaches should recognize the fault lies with them.

ChillinDuke
04-05-2015, 11:11 AM
No offense, but did you have millions of people watching you in public when you were 20? What do any of us really know about it?

The way we treat athletes in our society is utterly bizarre to me. You're supposed to live and die by how you play, but then never slip up minutes after the biggest disappointment of your life? And this is "inexcusable"? Premeditated murder is "inexcusable." This is a dude who said something dumb and apologized.

No offense taken. No, I didn't, but I fail to see how that makes the comment OK. Frankly, it doesn't.

It's the type of comment that would drive a media frenzy in a slightly different context. It's the type of emotion that has driven a city in Missouri to riots for months.

It's not OK. A mistake, yes. But it's not OK. Just because he's in the public does not make it so. Further, his being 20 years old doesn't make it so.

It is inexcusable. That doesn't mean he jumps into a murderer. He just shouldn't be excused for this.

- Chillin

Henderson
04-05-2015, 11:11 AM
I grow weary in a culture where making an apology for an offensive remark or classless gesture is expected to "make everything OK."

+1. Apologies are nice, and they help. If you do something wrong, you should apologize. But you don't get bonus points for doing what you are supposed to do, and apologizing doesn't mean you've erased the errant behavior.

So it's nice that Harrison apologized for acting stupidly. Did he act "inexcusably"? No, but his apology doesn't mean he gets a reset to zero. He still acted stupidly.

slower
04-05-2015, 11:13 AM
This is a dude who said something dumb and apologized.

Doubtful that he's sorry for what he said, but just that he got busted. The "apology" is just total PR damage control.

uh_no
04-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Doubtful that he's sorry for what he said, but just that he got busted. The "apology" is just total PR damage control.

especially after skipping the hand shake line. this type of behavior is endemic of the guys on this team. this wasn't "just a slip up," this is 100% representative of the low class individuals that are the harrisson twins.

WakeDevil
04-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Some people simply cannot take a joke from a fun loving guy that is "perceived" to be offensive

Andrew Harrison apologizes for slur 'used in jest' about Frank Kaminsky

When I realized how this could be perceived I immediately called big frank to apologize and let him know I didn't mean any disrespect

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12621890/kentucky-wildcats-reviewing-andrew-harrison-postgame-comments

I am not bothered by what he said but, then again, unlike many of you, I am not a member of the sensitivity police. Maybe he should have prefaced his remarks with a trigger warning.

Henderson
04-05-2015, 11:56 AM
I am not bothered by what he said but, then again, unlike many of you, I am not a member of the sensitivity police. Maybe he should have prefaced his remarks with a trigger warning.

"F**k that n***a" doesn't bother you? Because only the "sensitivity police" would object? That's your contribution?

slower
04-05-2015, 11:58 AM

Well, I'm not a member of "the sensitivity police", just a member of the "able to see through the BS" executive team. :p

Duvall
04-05-2015, 11:58 AM
DBR turned into a newspaper comment section so gradually that I hardly noticed.

davekay1971
04-05-2015, 01:24 PM
DBR turned into a newspaper comment section so gradually that I hardly noticed.

I know, right? Newspaper comment sections seem to always be filled with people who throw out one sentence, sarcastic or critical comments without any real attempt to thoroughly discuss the subject at hand.

As for Harrison, I guess I'm not sure how upset I should be when an African American throws out the n word in reference to a white guy. Needless to say, it'd be nice to see that word gone from the lexicon entirely.

I am willing to write this off as a young guy disappointed with a loss showing poor sportsmanship and a momentary lack of class. I don't know enough about Harrison to judge him beyond that.

Atlanta Duke
04-05-2015, 01:53 PM

The wording of the apology was what I posted

The idea that saying f*** that n**** might only be perceived to be offensive is another page out of the non-apology apology playbook. Someone gets caught saying something that is pretty clearly offensive by any objective standard and rather than simply say they are sorry you get the disclaimer that they apologize "if anyone took offense" and spin it back as just being a "perception" issue for those hearing the remark.

Sort of like saying anyone took exception to what was muttered is a member of the sensitivity police

iragsdale
04-05-2015, 02:03 PM
While using that term on national television is a bad idea regardless the context, it's just not the same when a black person says it about a white person as it is the other way around. It just isn't. Perhaps that's a bit of a double standard, but I think it just takes into account the different places in in society that black people and white people have historically held.

It's plenty disrespectful, but it's not being used as a racial slur, just a general term that a lot of black people use to refer to people in a number of different contexts. I find the sentiment of "f*** Frank Kaminski" and the refusal to shake hands more offensive than the particular term he used.

cspan37421
04-05-2015, 02:03 PM
does anyone really believe that if the speaker was white and the subject of the slur was black, that said speaker wouldn't be roasted alive by the media?

I'm not a member of the sensitivity police, but I am an affiliate of what is good for the goose is good for the gander. IMO there should not be a race-based double standard about who can and who may not use such terms. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but it's either OK or not for all, and in my book, it's not.

Eternal Outlaw
04-05-2015, 02:27 PM
This type of thing is why I'm against press conferences being mandatory for the losing side and especially for kids of this age. Mostly all they can do is say cliches or heap credit on the other team or else face the chance the media will run with something. In this case what he said was wrong no matter what but if they didn't force these kids to sit down to answer questions from people they couldn't give two craps about 10 minutes after an emotional loss then no one would hear such a thing that can slip out at a time like that.

Think it was after the BCS title game between USC and Texas that Leinhart said they lost the game and of course got blasted because he wasn't giving credit to Texas for winning it. That's how he felt and fine and only became a problem because there are media obligations even after you lose a heart breaker.

I wish people would leave the losing side alone. It's enough to lose a game especially a huge one, do we really need to subject them to a bunch of media people, some of which are asking questions with the intent of getting something juicy?

duketaylor
04-05-2015, 02:42 PM
"I really don't hold too much against the UK kids for not knowing how to lose with dignity.
its a lesson they didn't get around to this yr. I'd hate for things I said and did as a teen to be held against me forever; especially in the immediate face of disappointment."
Didn't they lose to the Puerto Rico National team?

SupaDave
04-05-2015, 02:55 PM
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT HE SAID.

LET ME REPEAT...

To put this in perspective, THIS kid HAS lost before.

As a matter of fact this "kid" was losing on this same stage at this same time last year - so he knows what it feels like and how to act.

This was no mistake to brush off and any other "kid" would get crucified for these actions as well.

EVERYONE should be offended.

So lastly,

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT THE "KID" SAID...

Supa "make me wanna go all John Chaney up in here" Dave...

bob blue devil
04-05-2015, 03:22 PM
does anyone really believe that if the speaker was white and the subject of the slur was black, that said speaker wouldn't be roasted alive by the media?

I'm not a member of the sensitivity police, but I am an affiliate of what is good for the goose is good for the gander. IMO there should not be a race-based double standard about who can and who may not use such terms. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but it's either OK or not for all, and in my book, it's not.

imho your sentiment touches on the fact that this is a society issue, not a harrison issue. harrison does not deserve to be "roasted alive" because society has a double standard. and, really, the parallel would be frank saying, 'f... that cracker". would he really be roasted alive for that? maybe in the endlessly made fun of sense, but that's it.

the kid/young man said something immature. the people who are close to him should set him straight. the rest of us should hope he learns from it and move on. i said worse things at his age and am glad to have not been murdered over a flame or been hammered to a cross because of it.

Les Grossman
04-05-2015, 03:43 PM
That's what espn said.kids make mistakes .I believe he will learn from this.the media will grill him to death.

The media has buried it. However, any Dukie who popped off like this would be on 24/7 repeat on ESPN and all of the alphabet media--and, of course, said Dukie would be dismissed immediately.

cspan37421
04-05-2015, 03:54 PM
the rest of us should hope he learns from it and move on. i said worse things at his age and am glad to have not been murdered over a flame or been hammered to a cross because of it.

I agree with the first part I quote above. As to the second part, really?? Wow.

Well, to dial the temperature down a bit, let's allow Lawrence here to remind us of the likely result (NSFW):

https://youtu.be/guv5LUT1AFw

That's one good reason among many to avoid the word!

slower
04-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Unlike some others on here, what Harrison said doesn't bother me that much. I didn't take it as any particular slam against Kaminsky.

I was just asserting that The Harrisons are kind of punks and that it didn't surprise me.

Don't think it really warrants any righteous indignation.

Newton_14
04-05-2015, 04:12 PM

LET ME REPEAT...

As a matter of fact this "kid" was losing on this same stage at this same time last year - so he knows what it feels like and how to act.

This was no mistake to brush off and any other "kid" would get crucified for these actions as well.

So lastly,

Totally agree, and he fully deserves being called out for it. Had it been Kaminsky making that comment directed toward Harrison, the Internet would have melted down and we would have a thread here approaching 15 pages by now, and Frank would have been called lots of bad names. His career would have also taken a major hit.

It was a terrible comment to make. I am glad that he apologized and also called Kaminsky afterward to apologize directly.

As for most of the Kentucky kids walking off the floor and not shaking hands, (it should be noted that some Kentucky did go through the handshake line), I am torn on that one. It was a tough loss on the biggest stage, and being undefeated and one game away from a National Championship with a perfect record, made it an even tougher pill to swallow. On top of that, the Wisconsin kids took time to celebrate together on the floor before going to get in a line. That last part makes for an awkward situation. So while I don't like it and don't think it is good sportsmanship, I am not schocked that some headed for the locker room as soon as the buzzer sounded.

If I were the coach I would gather my guys and insist they suck it up and go shake hands, but that's just me.

NancyCarol
04-05-2015, 04:33 PM

LET ME REPEAT...

So lastly,

i wish I had said it just like this.

Duke3517
04-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Not that he shouldn't say it but he is coming off of a really bad loss on the biggest stage and he is a really young man. He apologized, time to move on.

MrPoon
04-05-2015, 05:46 PM
With blogs being prevalent and anonymous we all can easily over inflate issues like this. On the floor of a game crazy things get said in the heat of the moment. If you arn't used to exhibiting class, walking off the floor is an easy exit. The problem here is this isn't the heat of the moment and it is the second of two strikes in less than 30 minutes by the same person. Also interesting and I don't think I've heard anyone here or nationally mention is the apology shrugged this off as "in jest". But the joke wasn't one shared with Frank, it's one probably aimed between his teammates and he got caught. So the apology seems soft but at least he did call and did so in person (of sorts). The "if Frank said this the world would be crazy" is a tired discourse that this isn't the place for. (Because it IS different).

I also think it's interesting to see the reactions go through the filters many have in place. If UK is a bunch of one and done punks, this seems to merit fury. If UK is a step ahead of everyone and its a team who sacrifices for one another, it's a mistake and kids will be kids.

I am biased towards the first and find this a consistent pattern from certain members of UK, it's staff and a rabid fans base that would lead a young man to be used to not having class and manners. It's a shame, not stunning but probably is overblown (by me here already).

BD80
04-05-2015, 06:02 PM
... As for most of the Kentucky kids walking off the floor and not shaking hands, ... .

If I were the coach I would gather my guys and insist they suck it up and go shake hands, but that's just me.

I'm pretty sure calipari stopped being "coach" to many of the Ky players the moment the horn sounded.

Mabdul Doobakus
04-05-2015, 06:17 PM
While using that term on national television is a bad idea regardless the context, it's just not the same when a black person says it about a white person as it is the other way around. It just isn't. Perhaps that's a bit of a double standard, but I think it just takes into account the different places in in society that black people and white people have historically held.

It's plenty disrespectful, but it's not being used as a racial slur, just a general term that a lot of black people use to refer to people in a number of different contexts. I find the sentiment of "f*** Frank Kaminski" and the refusal to shake hands more offensive than the particular term he used.

Completely agree, except that I don't think you can say with 100% certainty that there was nothing racial at all behind that comment. It's a racially charged term, which obviously is not generally used to refer to white people...but why so much anger towards Kaminsky? Why that specific term? Bottom line is none of us know, or ever will know...but using that term, in my opinion, is not as excusable as calling him an a-hole or something similar. I don't think he should be crucified either way, but I hesitate to excuse him so easily simply because the races were flipped.

kmspeaks
04-05-2015, 06:20 PM

To me this is the bigger issue with the non-handshake. I don't give the kids a pass and I don't care what the stakes of the game are it's not cool but it's much worse that the adults in the situation didn't step in. Because it was Kentucky I'm not surprised, but it was a startling lack of leadership.

MarkD83
04-05-2015, 06:45 PM
To me this is the bigger issue with the non-handshake. I don't give the kids a pass and I don't care what the stakes of the game are it's not cool but it's much worse that the adults in the situation didn't step in. Because it was Kentucky I'm not surprised, but it was a startling lack of leadership.

This is just Calipari preparing them for the NBA where no one shakes hands.

WakeDevil
04-05-2015, 06:57 PM

LET ME REPEAT...

So lastly,

Not only was I not offended, I didn't have a problem with it. Don't tell me what should offend me.

SupaDave
04-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Not only was I not offended, I didn't have a problem with it. Don't tell me what should offend me.

Just tells us a little bit more about you...

moonpie23
04-05-2015, 07:08 PM
it's not uncommon, and actually, no big deal for young kids to sling that term around. Much more so from black kids than others, but it's a very common term in the hip hop age, and hip hop dominates the culture of kids..

bob blue devil
04-05-2015, 07:11 PM
As to the second part, really?? Wow.

heck ya! once or twice i even said something meant to (i'm ashamed to admit) hurt someone's feelings; that's probably worse than making an unthinking flip comment that's in really bad taste, right?

cspan37421
04-05-2015, 07:54 PM
it's not uncommon, and actually, no big deal for young kids to sling that term around. Much more so from black kids than others, but it's a very common term in the hip hop age, and hip hop dominates the culture of kids..

So I am told by a member of the younger generation; that it's just a word; that meanings evolve; etc etc.

Still, I can't forget some words of caution Richard Pryor voiced in an SNL skit many years ago in response to the N word: "DEAD HONKY!"

(totally NSFW or anywhere for that matter):

https://youtu.be/V2b21yAeEpQ

ncexnyc
04-05-2015, 07:57 PM
There are supposedly quite a few smart people on this board, however it seems that whenever the topic of race comes up DBR can become as entertaining as IC after a tarheel loss.

While some of you know each other personally, the vast majority of us only know each other from the posts we read and our screen names.

It might be wise not to assume that what you read from a member defines who and what that person is, as that's a huge jump to make.

I also think that as Duke fans we have bigger and better things to talk about and that is the fact that our team is playing for a National Championship tomorrow night.

lotusland
04-05-2015, 08:12 PM

Which is absolutely ridiculous.

duketaylor
04-05-2015, 08:18 PM
I think it's important to note this wouldn't be the first or second time in front of the media for any of these "kids", they've been interviewed dozens of times. Lack of decorum and sense, much less using a slur is unacceptable, if not deplorable.

OldPhiKap
04-05-2015, 08:25 PM
It's done, it's over.

Dude called Frank to apologize, Frank said it's over.

Kentucky is out. Time to move on.

Go Duke, beat Whisky!

Furniture
04-05-2015, 09:29 PM
This type of thing is why I'm against press conferences being mandatory for the losing side and especially for kids of this age. Mostly all they can do is say cliches or heap credit on the other team or else face the chance the media will run with something. In this case what he said was wrong no matter what but if they didn't force these kids to sit down to answer questions from people they couldn't give two craps about 10 minutes after an emotional loss then no one would hear such a thing that can slip out at a time like that.

Think it was after the BCS title game between USC and Texas that Leinhart said they lost the game and of course got blasted because he wasn't giving credit to Texas for winning it. That's how he felt and fine and only became a problem because there are media obligations even after you lose a heart breaker.

I wish people would leave the losing side alone. It's enough to lose a game especially a huge one, do we really need to subject them to a bunch of media people, some of which are asking questions with the intent of getting something juicy?

Nobody has mentioned it but I was surprised that Calamari took four of team to the press conference. If I was him I would have really gone with as few as possible.
I also think that the University should take some blame for this. If they are really preparing them for the NBA then they should teach how to behave in these sitiations(losing).
I still think, as I posted earlier on the thread, that their behavior was poor and Harrison, to be frank, disgusts me.

Newton_14
04-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Nobody has mentioned it but I was surprised that Calamari took four of team to the press conference. If I was him I would have really gone with as few as possible.
I also think that the University should take some blame for this. If they are really preparing them for the NBA then they should teach how to behave in these sitiations(losing).
I still think, as I posted earlier on the thread, that their behavior was poor and Harrison, to be frank, disgusts me.

Good point on who attended the presser. Many times over the years, after losses in the tourney, I have seen coaches take lesser used role players, sometimes even Freshmen, and left the main guys in the lockerroom. Taking just the two of Ulys and Booker last night would have been a better move on Cal's part.

53n206
04-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Not that he shouldn't say it but he is coming off of a really bad loss on the biggest stage and he is a really young man. He apologized, time to move on.

See OklahomaSAE. Yes, not the same–but you'll find it in that ballpark.

gus
04-05-2015, 10:44 PM
Nobody has mentioned it but I was surprised that Calamari took four of team to the press conference...

Someone who insists on using a racially tinged pejorative to refer to Calipari is complaining about a young African American man using the term "n***a"? That's rich. Were they being sore losers? Yeah. But let's not make more of this than needed.

Did anyone watch the hospitality room video of the Duke players? When Tyus, while playing a hockey video game with Jahlil, said "we're putting the 'N' in NHL"... what do you suppose he was referring to?

Reilly
04-05-2015, 10:55 PM
What if Danny Ferry had said Kaminsky has a little Wisconsin in him?

Duvall
04-05-2015, 11:02 PM
See OklahomaSAE. Yes, not the same–but you'll find it in that ballpark.

It ain't the same ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same sport.

pfrduke
04-05-2015, 11:33 PM
There's absolutely nothing productive that can come out of any of this discussion. We're done here.