PDA

View Full Version : All regional teams

gurufrisbee
03-30-2015, 02:14 PM
Anybody see who was voted into the all regional teams and MOP for each region? I saw bits and pieces but never have been able to find them all. So far I've seen Dekker for it for the West and Trice for the East. Saw nothing about the Midwest. I read Tyus got it for the South, which seems weird since I would have thought Winslow would get it but I suppose it's possible. Thanks for whatever anyone can find on this.

turnandburn55
03-30-2015, 02:31 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=2015+ncaa+south+regional+all+tournament+team

uh_no
03-30-2015, 02:37 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=2015+ncaa+south+regional+all+tournament+team

that's only fun if the first result or two is obvioulsy the answer to the question....which isn't the case here.

turnandburn55
03-30-2015, 08:03 PM
You mean the first result that has the hyperlink "South Regional All-tournament team"? Yeah, my bad...

Newton_14
03-30-2015, 09:45 PM
Tried to post this a minute ago but messed the table up. Not a huge deal, but I don't understand how Justise Winslow was not voted the South Region MOP. I think he was clearly the best player on the floor both games and the numbers back it up. See below.

Justise Winslow- South Regional Totals

Game

FG

3PFG

FT

Rebounds

Blocks

Assists

Steals

Turnovers

Utah

8-13

3-4

2-3

Gonzaga

4-12

2-4

6-6

Totals

12-25

5-8

8-9

Avg

48%

63%

89%

Tyus Jones- South Regional Totals

Game

FG

3PFG

FT

Rebounds

Blocks

Assists

Steals

Turnovers

Utah

3-9

0-2

9-10

Gonzaga

5-13

1-3

4-4

Totals

8-22

1-5

13-14

Avg

36%

20%

93%

Edit: The blank cells had zero's which showed up in Preview Post, but disappeared in the actual post for some reason. Also, nothing at all against Tyus. He played great and was a key to the wins as well. I just feel Winslow played better and was best on the team in not only the two Regional games, but also the two games in Charlotte as well. I was genuinely shocked yesterday when Justise was not named MOP.

JasonEvans
03-31-2015, 09:59 AM
As a longtime member of the media, I think I have the answer for why the media did not vote Justise MOP of the South Region...

...The media is LAZY!

My bet is that ballots were turned in early by many members of the media. They probably submitted them early in the 2nd half of the Utah-Duke game and wrote, "If Duke wins, Tyus Jones is my MOP choice. If Utah wins, Kyle Wiltjer is my choice." Then, when Winslow took over in the final 5 minutes, personally going on a 7-0 run that basically ended the game, it was too late for the lazy media to change their ballots. They voted without knowing how the final minutes of the game would go.

-Jason "It is crazy, but that is how this stuff is done" Evans

-jk
03-31-2015, 10:18 AM
As a longtime member of the media, I think I have the answer for why the media did not vote Justise MOP of the South Region...

...The media is LAZY!

My bet is that ballots were turned in early by many members of the media. They probably submitted them early in the 2nd half of the Utah-Duke game and wrote, "If Duke wins, Tyus Jones is my MOP choice. If Utah wins, Kyle Wiltjer is my choice." Then, when Winslow took over in the final 5 minutes, personally going on a 7-0 run that basically ended the game, it was too late for the lazy media to change their ballots. They voted without knowing how the final minutes of the game would go.

-Jason "It is crazy, but that is how this stuff is done" Evans

JJ has had that experience.

-jk

gurufrisbee
03-31-2015, 10:48 AM
I think I've found three of the them now.

South: MOP T.Jones, team Winslow, MJones, Wiltjer, Sabonis
West: MOP Dekker, team Kaminsky, Gasser, Hollis-Jefferson, McConnell
East: MOP Trice, team Dawson, Harrell, Rozier, Blackshear

but nothing for the Midwest. Maybe this is Kentucky's new thing - no cutting nets, no all regional teams.

ACCBBallFan
03-31-2015, 11:59 AM

but nothing for the Midwest. Maybe this is Kentucky's new thing - no cutting nets, no all regional teams.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/033015aaa.html

This article only mentions Karl Anthony Towns as MVP and Willie McCauley Stein as All Tourney team, so supect the other 3 were not from UK, but I do not know who they were, presumably Jerian Grant and Pat Connaughton, possibly Zach Auguste but those are just my guesses. not confirmed

This season Cauley-Stein has been a First Team All-Southeastern Conference selection and SEC Defensive Player of the Year. He was also the SEC Tournament Most Valuable Player, and was named to the Midwest Region All-Tournament Team.

Towns was named Midwest Region MVP last weekend.

DallasDevil
03-31-2015, 01:38 PM

Tweet from @rushthecourt: All-Midwest Region Team: Karl-Anthony Towns (MOP), Pat Connaughton, Zach Auguste, Andrew Harrison, & Willie Cauley-Stein.

CR9
03-31-2015, 04:31 PM
Shame for West Virginia because the big guy for them had a good tournament but I can imagine it being tough having a player in the all-region team that was on the wrong side of a 39-point drubbing.

ACCBBallFan
03-31-2015, 11:19 PM
http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/aaron_harrison_862040.html

confirmed - makes sense that the victors would get 3 of the 5 but Notre Dame 3 were all great too.