PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going?

Utley
03-29-2015, 07:36 PM
I'm in. Wouldn't miss this for the world. Let's have a DBR pre-game party!!!

Indoor66
03-29-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm in. Wouldn't miss this for the world. Let's have a DBR pre-game party!!!

I'm going the whole way with CBS. :cool:

DukeHoo
03-29-2015, 07:45 PM
My dad, brother, and I were hoping to go to the Final Four. We haven't reserved tickets or rooms, and want to know if this is even possible.

CR9
03-29-2015, 07:49 PM
If you've got the money, anything is possible. Cheapest ticket I've seen is 450.00 nosebleeds, which is fine for me considering I'll just be there and that's enough for me. They have hospitality packages that are expensive but sound worth it. Here's the site https://www.primesport.com/d/ncaa-mens-final-four

Native
03-29-2015, 07:50 PM
I will not miss it for the world. I'm going to lead my troops.

Let's go!

DukeHoo
03-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Thanks, I'll give this a look. This would be our first time going, and it's something we've all wanted to do for awhile.

Henderson
03-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Watch out for the tickets that say 'restricted view.' Not only does your nose bleed, but your neck aches from the craning sometimes.

OldPhiKap
03-29-2015, 08:04 PM
I will not miss it for the world. I'm going to lead my troops.

Let's go!

Saturday is Easter Vigil, cannot go. But definitely looking for two on Monday if we advance.

kshepinthehouse
03-29-2015, 08:25 PM
Thinking about going down to get a ticket. How easy is it to buy/sell tickets outside the stadium?

I seem to remember it being rather difficult last time because of the NCAA exchange site.

rifraf
03-29-2015, 08:26 PM
We're going! In 2010, when Duke played in Indy I drove down from Chicago and my now-wife drove from DC to be there and good things happened. Can't miss it this time.

OldPhiKap
03-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Thinking about going down to get a ticket. How easy is it to buy/sell tickets outside the stadium?

I seem to remember it being rather difficult last time because of the NCAA exchange site.

When Whisky beaks Kentucky, there will be a flood of tickets.

Bluedog
03-29-2015, 08:29 PM

Last time it was really easy AFTER MSU lost, since those fans were unloading tickets. Not sure how it was before both games. I would think given the size and closeness of the UK, wiscy, and Michigan State fanbases, tickets are going to be a lot harder this go around. I think Duke will be seriously outnumbered. Hopefully, UK goes down and those fans all leave!!

-jk
03-29-2015, 08:32 PM
We're going, but we don't know how we'll get there or where we'll stay... We need UPS - Logistics!

-jk

weezie
03-29-2015, 08:38 PM
We're going, but we don't know how we'll get there or where we'll stay... We need UPS - Logistics!

-jk

Seconded.

summerwind03
03-29-2015, 08:39 PM
Does anyone know what face value for tickets is?

We are going but need logistics too!

Marc81
03-29-2015, 08:52 PM
Seconded.

I have been talking with the wife about getting tickets and really want to go. Probably going to call the iron duke office tomorrow and see if they have any tickets but I don't know if I can justify it money wise with the room and travel. Anyone know how far tickets go for something like this in the iron Duke office?

Stray Gator
03-29-2015, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know what face value for tickets is?

We are going but need logistics too!

$300 each (plus $15 handling if ordered online through Iron Dukes).

hurleyfor3
03-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Flights: Fly into SDF (Louisville) or CVG (Cincy). Either is a two-hour drive from Indy. CMH (Columbus) or DAY (Dayton) are a little farther but still doable. Avoid Chicago.

If possible, choose a changeable return in case we lose Saturday. This is where going with award tickets helps.

Hotels: Don't come in until Saturday. The Saturday night will be the toughest. Separate this night from Sunday/Monday. Usually, for big events rooms tend to open up at the last minute. This should be especially true for Sunday/Monday, as Indy was this way in 2010. Of course, we may not have a reason to demand hotel rooms for those nights. But also, the NABC convention ends that Saturday and a lot of the coaches and other movers and shakers sell their Monday tickets and go home.

Look around Bloomington, Lafayette and other towns within an hour or so. Saturday will be a pain, no way around it unless you have points AND point stays open up at the last minute.

The more risk you're willing to take NOT to have your whole plans locked up, the more you can take advantage of stuff opening up and the possibility of not wanting to attend Monday night.

Tickets: Face for lowers for the entire Final Four is $300. Yes, three hundred dollars. (2010 was $270 for lowers in the Duke section.) Good luck paying that much on the street.

(edit: price. As, mentioned, the Iron Dukes charge a flat service fee on top of this per order)

-bdbd
03-29-2015, 10:43 PM
We're going! In 2010, when Duke played in Indy I drove down from Chicago and my now-wife drove from DC to be there and good things happened. Can't miss it this time.

But how did the basketball game go?!! ;)

Dukehky
03-29-2015, 10:46 PM
Whose driving from the Triangle!? Carpool?

1 24 90
03-29-2015, 11:02 PM
Don't the Iron Dukes have limited tickets though? I am an Iron Duke but I don't think I have high enough priority to actually be able to purchase tickets. I'm not even sure what group I'm in, if any. Does anyone have the details on the groups?

Hingeknocker
03-30-2015, 12:20 AM
I was there in 2010. Bought nosebleed tickets on the street from a scalper, and didn't have to pay too much more than face value for them. We were along a sideline, literally in the last row of the stadium. While they were far away (really, really far away), the sightlines were actually not that bad. Lucas Oil has a pretty steep slope along the sidelines, so it was more of a sensation of being on top of the court than being far away from it. I'd highly recommend the seats if that's the only option, so don't be scared of having to "resort" to nosebleeds.

I won't be able to be there this year - daughter turns 1 on Friday! - but for everyone who goes, make the most of the experience. Being at a Final Four is an incredible experience just for the celebration of basketball and four incredibly festive, amped up fanbases on Saturday afternoon. Now, about coming back with two more Ws...

gam7
03-30-2015, 01:06 AM
Flights: Fly into SDF (Louisville) or CVG (Cincy). Either is a two-hour drive from Indy. CMH (Columbus) or DAY (Dayton) are a little farther but still doable. Avoid Chicago.

I just bought a ticket to ... Chicago! I'll be in Indy and am now looking for ticket(s). Posted on the ticket exchange board (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?35590-Final-Four-Tickets-Sat-and-Mon). Would be fun to match faces with usernames at a DBR event.

uh_no
03-30-2015, 01:11 AM

If possible, choose a changeable return in case we lose Saturday. This is where going with award tickets helps.

Hotels: Don't come in until Saturday. The Saturday night will be the toughest. Separate this night from Sunday/Monday. Usually, for big events rooms tend to open up at the last minute. This should be especially true for Sunday/Monday, as Indy was this way in 2010. Of course, we may not have a reason to demand hotel rooms for those nights. But also, the NABC convention ends that Saturday and a lot of the coaches and other movers and shakers sell their Monday tickets and go home.

Look around Bloomington, Lafayette and other towns within an hour or so. Saturday will be a pain, no way around it unless you have points AND point stays open up at the last minute.

The more risk you're willing to take NOT to have your whole plans locked up, the more you can take advantage of stuff opening up and the possibility of not wanting to attend Monday night.

Tickets: Face for lowers for the entire Final Four is $300. Yes, three hundred dollars. (2010 was $270 for lowers in the Duke section.) Good luck paying that much on the street.

(edit: price. As, mentioned, the Iron Dukes charge a flat service fee on top of this per order)

No trouble getting rooms in this area

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Indianapolis,+IN/@39.919189,-86.2258656,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x886b50ffa7796a03:0xd68e9df640b9e a7c

even right before hand. only about 20 minutes straight shot to the stadium.

ALso: protip: get there early enough to park at the stadium. MUCH more convenient than getting gouged at one of the garages around town. bunch of shops and restaurants walkable from lucas oil.

hurleyfor3
03-30-2015, 01:29 AM
ALso: protip: get there early enough to park at the stadium. MUCH more convenient than getting gouged at one of the garages around town. bunch of shops and restaurants walkable from lucas oil.

In 2010 I parked on the street in the sketchy neighborhood south of I-70 and hoofed it.

uh_no
03-30-2015, 01:33 AM
In 2010 I parked on the street in the sketchy neighborhood south of I-70 and hoofed it.

I had to leave immediately after the game to drive back before a 10am class tuesday morning....which was, of course, cancelled....but I DID beat the team back to durham....in a car....

either way, with the tornado warning that happened right before the game, having a car RIGHT THERE made things very convenient. GIven, I was in the student line, not a regular ticket holder.

madscavenger
03-30-2015, 04:19 AM
Drove down from Chicago in 2010, tickets in hand, but no lodging pre-arranged. That's just our MO. We're usually on a tight schedule, so we arrive about 3 hours before the game (on Saturday) and park south of the stadium, in a lot a good ways away. Then we just hoof it. It isn't until well after midnight that we head out looking for a motel, which we have always found by heading southwest on I70. An exit or two was all we needed. We've done this at both Final Fours there and at the Champions Classic last fall. Its not for everyone, and we can afford going first class, but i'm not too fond of social graces. Anyway, that's our experience. We'll be there again. Good luck.

rifraf
03-30-2015, 10:12 AM
But how did the basketball game go?!! ;)

Couldn't tell ya, that's why we're going back this year :D

HCheek37
03-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Don't the Iron Dukes have limited tickets though? I am an Iron Duke but I don't think I have high enough priority to actually be able to purchase tickets. I'm not even sure what group I'm in, if any. Does anyone have the details on the groups?

Your group number is based upon the giving amount...if you find the chart on the Iron Dukes website, at the top it has the groupings. Anything below $1k is group 5 or 6.

When I went in 2010, group 5+6 barely got in and were in the top 3 rows of the football stadium

MChambers
03-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Just remember the game is not in the Annapolis.

sagegrouse
03-30-2015, 11:43 AM
I got my tickets despite (a) the Iron Dukes advancing the call-in time for my priority by two hours and (b) the web site not working even though I have a valid account. We were lucky to get through on the phone (We, uhhh, burned up the lines).

Kedsy
03-30-2015, 11:48 AM
I have my tickets. Now trying to work the logistics (travel, hotel, etc.).

summerwind03
03-30-2015, 11:58 AM
I got my tickets despite (a) the Iron Dukes advancing the call-in time for my priority by two hours and (b) the web site not working even though I have a valid account. We were lucky to get through on the phone (We, uhhh, burned up the lines).

Yes, annoying. I also got through on the phone.

TruBlu
03-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Can't go due to a work schedule that is out of my control, but I am sending my daughter (and her husband) to represent.

(I didn't have a problem on the internet ticket ordering.)

superdave
03-30-2015, 01:09 PM
I can drive from DC and have a place to stay.

Question is can I get tickets through Duke still (assuming I convince my wife tonight)? Or do I need to scalp?

Selover
03-30-2015, 01:51 PM
I can drive from DC and have a place to stay.

Question is can I get tickets through Duke still (assuming I convince my wife tonight)? Or do I need to scalp?

Ticket office said they were sold out

rarosett
03-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Are there specific sections that are for each fan base? I am thinking about purchasing tickets through the ticket exchange, but I would prefer to sit with like-minded fans.

HCheek37
03-30-2015, 02:52 PM
Ticket office said they were sold out

Just got an email stating:

Dear Iron Dukes member,

Due to unprecedented high demand and a smaller NCAA ticket allotment, Duke has sold out of 2015 Final Four tickets. Here you will find a link to the official NCAA Final Four Ticket Exchange as a way to access tickets.

Sincerely,

The Iron Dukes Office

HCheek37
03-30-2015, 02:56 PM
Are there specific sections that are for each fan base? I am thinking about purchasing tickets through the ticket exchange, but I would prefer to sit with like-minded fans.

They haven't announced it publicly yet, if I get the tickets I ordered (payment is pending on my credit card), I'll let you know what sections. Each team got 3250 tickets after player guest/family tickets.

Duke's team hotel should also be available in the coming days. Always good to go see them off before the game and if there is any celebration to be had, that usually continues all night in the team hotel. (In 2010, we stayed til 4am and celebrated with many fans, former players and some of the team)

superdave
03-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Just got an email stating:

Dear Iron Dukes member,

Due to unprecedented high demand and a smaller NCAA ticket allotment, Duke has sold out of 2015 Final Four tickets. Here you will find a link to the official NCAA Final Four Ticket Exchange as a way to access tickets.

Sincerely,

The Iron Dukes Office

Here is the official NCAA exchange -

https://www.primesport.com/d/ncaa-mens-final-four

Bluedog
03-30-2015, 03:22 PM
They haven't announced it publicly yet, if I get the tickets I ordered (payment is pending on my credit card), I'll let you know what sections. Each team got 3250 tickets after player guest/family tickets.

Duke's team hotel should also be available in the coming days. Always good to go see them off before the game and if there is any celebration to be had, that usually continues all night in the team hotel. (In 2010, we stayed til 4am and celebrated with many fans, former players and some of the team)

Sounds incredibly low considering the stadium seats 70,000...Where do the rest of the tickets go? Were they available directly through the NCAA beforehand?

weezie
03-30-2015, 03:41 PM
Sounds incredibly low considering the stadium seats 70,000...Where do the rest of the tickets go? Were they available directly through the NCAA beforehand?

Yes, the 400s were prob available. The rest, except for schools, likely to GM, Capital One, CBS, Glow-In-The-Dark Cat Hats, Inc., NABC, on and on and on.
Benjamins talk, babeee.

Utley
03-30-2015, 10:41 PM
Who's Going to the Crane Bay for the pregame party? It would be great if we could put together a DBR section. It seems that a bunch of you may know each other already. I know I would love to meet the people behind the folks I feel are watching the games with me and keeping me informed of all the angles that I am missing.

Dukehky
03-30-2015, 10:50 PM
I got the land package in addition to tickets through Iron Dukes that some family friends hopped on. Flying into Chicago and renting a car for the 3 hour drive to Indy on Friday Morning.

See you guys there.

SoCalDukeFan
03-31-2015, 01:38 AM
Driving to Annapolis that night.
Have hotel, very easy to get.

Need game tickets.

SoCal

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-31-2015, 06:25 AM
Driving to Annapolis that night.
Have hotel, very easy to get.

Need game tickets.

SoCal

Thanks for the info, Mars. :)

1 24 90
03-31-2015, 08:50 AM
Has anyone bought tickets through the NCAA Ticket Exchange? It says it's the authorized way for people to buy and sell tickets but just wanted to see if anyone has used it before. Tons of tickets listed there, albeit at a much higher cost.

HCheek37
03-31-2015, 09:55 AM
Who's Going to the Crane Bay for the pregame party? It would be great if we could put together a DBR section. It seems that a bunch of you may know each other already. I know I would love to meet the people behind the folks I feel are watching the games with me and keeping me informed of all the angles that I am missing.

We are planning on going to Crane Bay after seeing the team off from the hotel. Hopefully some more posters will be there as well!

For all those who are going, if you need the team hotel information, send me a message - I don't want to post it publicly to prevent other team's fans from pulling the fire alarms or asking for 3am wake up calls :)

-jk
04-01-2015, 08:39 AM
A nice Indy visitors' guide (http://www.hammerandrails.com/2015/3/31/8323533/guide-to-indianapolis-and-the-2015-final-four).

-jk

sagegrouse
04-01-2015, 09:40 AM
We will be at Crane Bay -- moi, my daughter and my grand-daughter. It sounds better than last time, when we had the event at the minor league ballpark -- and it was frigid outdoors.

See you all there -- Sage

Native
04-01-2015, 11:08 AM
FYI: The team is leaving today at 4:00PM from Cameron. Feel free to come if you're in the area to send off the team!

kshepinthehouse
04-01-2015, 11:27 AM
If anyone is boycotting the Final Four because of the new law Indiana passed I will be glad to accept your tickets. UCONN coaches will not be attending either.

rarosett
04-01-2015, 12:05 PM
I wanted to buy 3 tickets using the Ticket Exchange, but most tickets are sold in multiples of 2. The options available for quantities of 3 were over $600 each. I was able to find a quantity of 4 for $400 each in section 610, which is the upper bowl along the sideline. Since 4x$400 is cheaper than 3x$600, I purchased them. I was a bit surprised with the 18% service fee, but I didn't see any cheaper options. Now I have an extra ticket. If there is anyone that wants a single ticket, I would be happy to sell it for what I paid for it. I don't see any single tickets for that cheap at this time. PM me if interested.

Mike Corey
04-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Can anyone recommend any places to park around Lucas Stadium?

I will be arriving in Indy about 30 minutes in advance of the tip, thanks to a commitment I can't break, so any tips on where I can sneak into a parking garage somewhat quickly would be greatly appreciated.

Bluedog
04-01-2015, 12:19 PM
Can anyone recommend any places to park around Lucas Stadium?

I will be arriving in Indy about 30 minutes in advance of the tip, thanks to a commitment I can't break, so any tips on where I can sneak into a parking garage somewhat quickly would be greatly appreciated.

When I went in 2010, there were plenty of lots around. It was around $20, I recall -- "expensive" for Indy standards, but not out of the ordinary for many of us. Here is a map of parking:
http://www.lucasoilstadium.com/parking.aspx

I would think that parking this time will be more challenging, however. I recall surface lots along West/Capitol/Illinois streets. If you want to reserve a spot ahead of time, try SpotHero or Parkwhiz (http://www.parkwhiz.com/lucas-oil-stadium-parking/2015-ncaa-basketball-national-semifinals-276030/).

Mike Corey
04-01-2015, 01:27 PM
BlueDog,

You're my hero. I just reserved a spot 2 blocks from the stadium. You're the best.

captmojo
04-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Just remember the game is not in the Annapolis.

Yeah. Another state. Mars didn't mention about there were also a few others in between.

devil84
04-01-2015, 02:49 PM
As I was poking around on the Final Four site for some information, I ran across this year's policy (http://www.ncaa.com/final-four/championship-game)for bringing in bags. Ladies, parents, and camera lovers, you're not going to like this. Pretty much all bags are forbidden:

Prohibited are backpacks, purses, camera bags, binocular bags, fanny packs, seat cushions, diaper bags, and printed plastic totes. You can bring in clear bags or small clutch purses 5.5"x8" and smaller. The NCAA will provide clear plastic bags that will be available at a number of locations (Fan Fest, each entrance at the Stadium, downtown hotels, etc). This policy is in effect for most NCAA venues in addition to the Lucas Oil Stadium, like Fan Fest. The nice guy at the NCAA Fan Hotline confirmed that all we need to do is juggle our stuff from the car to the stadium and we'll have a free, approved tote bag to put it in when you get there.

I'm glad I found this out before we got there, otherwise we'd have had to run several purses and a couple of camera bags back to the car. Now we know not to even pack them.

The nice guy at the NCAA Fan Hotline also confirmed for me that those of us wanting to bring cameras, they are allowed as long as there are no lenses exceeding 4" long. The camera bag, he reiterated, is not allowed.

superdave
04-01-2015, 02:57 PM
As I was poking around on the Final Four site for some information, I ran across this year's policy (http://www.ncaa.com/final-four/championship-game)for bringing in bags. Ladies, parents, and camera lovers, you're not going to like this. Pretty much all bags are forbidden:

Prohibited are backpacks, purses, camera bags, binocular bags, fanny packs, seat cushions, diaper bags, and printed plastic totes. You can bring in clear bags or small clutch purses 5.5"x8" and smaller. The NCAA will provide clear plastic bags that will be available at a number of locations (Fan Fest, each entrance at the Stadium, downtown hotels, etc). This policy is in effect for most NCAA venues in addition to the Lucas Oil Stadium, like Fan Fest. The nice guy at the NCAA Fan Hotline confirmed that all we need to do is juggle our stuff from the car to the stadium and we'll have a free, approved tote bag to put it in when you get there.

I'm glad I found this out before we got there, otherwise we'd have had to run several purses and a couple of camera bags back to the car. Now we know not to even pack them.

The nice guy at the NCAA Fan Hotline also confirmed for me that those of us wanting to bring cameras, they are allowed as long as there are no lenses exceeding 4" long. The camera bag, he reiterated, is not allowed.

The NFL instituted this a few years ago. I had to run back to the car and missed kickoff. My wife's purse was something like a half inch too large. They had a measuring tape they broke out to check it.

saxman717
04-01-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm in! Got 2 tickets for the 324 section for all sessions --- this is just slightly to the right of behind the basket. Can anyone comment on whether this will be an OK view?

rarosett
04-01-2015, 04:19 PM
I'm in! Got 2 tickets for the 324 section for all sessions --- this is just slightly to the right of behind the basket. Can anyone comment on whether this will be an OK view?

Check out the link below where you can click a section on the interactive map to see the view from that section. FYI, the basketball map doesn't seem to have pictures, but you can get a pretty good idea from the Indianapolis Colts seating chart.

https://seatgeek.com/venues/lucas-oil-stadium/seating-chart/

SoCalDukeFan
04-01-2015, 04:47 PM
I have been to 3 FFs, 66, 99 and 04. Duke failed to win each time. I am staying home to help the team.

SoCal

Kedsy
04-01-2015, 05:04 PM
I have been to 3 FFs, 66, 99 and 04. Duke failed to win each time. I am staying home to help the team.

Duke lost the first three Final Fours I watched them play in (in person), as well. But then they won the next two.

weezie
04-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Parkwhiz (http://www.parkwhiz.com/lucas-oil-stadium-parking/2015-ncaa-basketball-national-semifinals-276030/).

Well done, Bluedog! Now I'll have one less thing to yell at my husband about! :cool:

throatybeard
04-02-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm all in. I'm staying in a Super 8 in Marshall, Illinois, which is about a third of the way home and gives me a head start back afterwards. One day, y'all too will learn to keep it as real as I do.

See you if I see you. I'll be the guy with the beard.

weezie
04-02-2015, 01:41 PM
No bags allowed inside. Only a small clutch or clear plastic tote bag less than 10 inches.

All you fanny pack enthusiasts are out of luck. :cool:

terrih
04-03-2015, 06:39 PM
I'll be in section 345. Anyone else over there from DBR? Very cool atmosphere here today. My first Final Four!

royalblue
04-03-2015, 08:58 PM
I will attend sitting in section 220. I highly recommend
The slippery noodle inn for pre and post game drinks. Anyone that comes by chanting GTHCGTH
Gets a free drink on me
Duke
UK is only the half of it

weezie
04-03-2015, 09:34 PM
I will attend sitting in section 220. I highly recommend
The slippery noodle inn for pre and post game drinks. Anyone that comes by chanting GTHCGTH
Gets a free drink on me
Duke
UK is only the half of it

Wow! Count me in if that's all it takes to get free drinks! Does the Slippery Noodle have Guinness on a nitrogen tap?

ricks68
04-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Wow! Count me in if that's all it takes to get free drinks! Does the Slippery Noodle have Guinness on a nitrogen tap?

You might also see me there.

ricks

gofurman
04-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Please yell llllooouuuddd for Duke!!! With big ten and UK bbn it's gonna be rough. Let em hear you chant 'let's go Duke'!

Oriole Way
04-04-2015, 12:02 AM
I'll be there on Monday if we win tonight.

Who else plans to be there Monday if Duke advances?

CatDevil
04-04-2015, 09:34 AM
I have my reservations, tickets through flash seats and family all packed and ready to go. We have a group of 5(Uncle, Sister, Nephew, Son and ME). The plan was just for the kid and I to hit it, but the rest couldn't resist and so we are now FIVE.

My 12 year old is going out of his mind with excitement. Who am I kidding!!! The grown ups are nuts too! Probably will paint the kid blue...so look for him!! Gonna have a blast....Hope to see some of you there!!! (We are staying at the Sleep Inn 1244 W 16th St--bout 3 miles off I believe).

LET'S Go DUKE!!!

Utley
04-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Staying in the Indy suburbs - got there last night and I was told everywhere I went I was the only Duke fan they had seen (often accompanied by some unprintable comments). I'm afraid we may be way under represented - I hope that's not the case.

What are folks doing pre-game? I plan on doing the Crane Bay event and may hit our official home bar - colts Grille before that but open to better suggestions.

For those going to Crane Bay and want to connect - Best way to describe me is 6'3 - lanky with thinning hair Will have a blue devil sweatshirt on with the devil logo on it. Would love to meet any of my fellow DBRers.

Let's Go Duke!

Utley
04-04-2015, 10:07 AM
Is there an IronDuke seat section or sections or are they spread out.

Stray Gator
04-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Is there an IronDuke seat section or sections or are they spread out.

The seats distributed to Iron Dukes appear to be in the block including Sections 141-144 and 241-244 -- I'm not sure whether that extends up to the higher levels. I've been here since Thursday, and there are plenty of fans wearing Duke gear around. Yesterday at the open practice, the lower two levels of Lucas along the sides of the court were packed all the way to the corners, and there were lots of Duke fans in attendance. Of course, we'll still have the smallest contingent, but that's the norm at these games. Keep in mind that the other three programs are all large schools located within easy driving distance, so many of their fans who don't have tickets have come to town to see the open practices, enjoy the atmosphere and free events, and hope to scalp a ticket (or pick one up for Monday from fans of the teams that lose in the semifinals). I believe that's the main reason why we didn't see the customary Final Four pattern of hotel rooms opening up and rates dropping by mid-week. In any event, the rainy weather has cleared out, today is sunny and clear, and Duke is still playing. It's all good.

Utley
04-04-2015, 10:59 AM
The seats distributed to Iron Dukes appear to be in the block including Sections 141-144 and 241-244 -- I'm not sure whether that extends up to the higher levels. I've been here since Thursday, and there are plenty of fans wearing Duke gear around. Yesterday at the open practice, the lower two levels of Lucas along the sides of the court were packed all the way to the corners, and there were lots of Duke fans in attendance. Of course, we'll still have the smallest contingent, but that's the norm at these games. Keep in mind that the other three programs are all large schools located within easy driving distance, so many of their fans who don't have tickets have come to town to see the open practices, enjoy the atmosphere and free events, and hope to scalp a ticket (or pick one up for Monday from fans of the teams that lose in the semifinals). I believe that's the main reason why we didn't see the customary Final Four pattern of hotel rooms opening up and rates dropping by mid-week. In any event, the rainy weather has cleared out, today is sunny and clear, and Duke is still playing. It's all good.

Thanks for the intell - I got lucky - I'm in section 240 so right near the good guys

captmojo
04-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Looks like the view from the 200s, a little higher aspect, is gonna be the better one.

luburch
04-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Staying in the Indy suburbs - got there last night and I was told everywhere I went I was the only Duke fan they had seen (often accompanied by some unprintable comments). I'm afraid we may be way under represented - I hope that's not the case.

What are folks doing pre-game? I plan on doing the Crane Bay event and may hit our official home bar - colts Grille before that but open to better suggestions.

For those going to Crane Bay and want to connect - Best way to describe me is 6'3 - lanky with thinning hair Will have a blue devil sweatshirt on with the devil logo on it. Would love to meet any of my fellow DBRers.

Let's Go Duke!

I was all over downtown Indy last night. More UK and MSU fans than anything. Wisconsin had quite a few as well. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of Duke fans. Hopefully it's a little different inside Lucas Oil.

captmojo
04-04-2015, 11:28 AM
I was all over downtown Indy last night. More UK and MSU fans than anything. Wisconsin had quite a few as well. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of Duke fans. Hopefully it's a little different inside Lucas Oil.

I'll be surprised if the 'Duke hate' crowd isn't in full force.
Having UK, and two teams that you've already beaten during the season, one of which you'll be playing tonight, all together...well?

Henderson
04-04-2015, 11:28 AM
I was all over downtown Indy last night. More UK and MSU fans than anything. Wisconsin had quite a few as well. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of Duke fans.

So you're saying that the cumulative IQs of all 4 teams' fans present in Indy are approximately the same?

terrih
04-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Just saw the Duke team bus being escorted probably back to their hotel. Cool!

superdave
04-04-2015, 04:51 PM
I am jealous of all of you who are there.

Please post pictures when you get the chance. If you are on Instagram or Twitter, maybe use #DBRIndy so the rest of us can live vicariously.

msdukie
04-05-2015, 01:58 AM
Big Blue Nation is leaving. Time for Duke fans to invade Indy Monday night. Ticket and hotel prices are dropping. I'll be there with my troops. Let's do this!

hurleyfor3
04-05-2015, 02:19 AM
Please post pictures when you get the chance.

Here ya go: http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/album.php?albumid=92

ricks68
04-05-2015, 02:26 AM

I knew I recognized you at the game when you came over to talk to someone along the aisle of 244 where we were sitting.

ricks

Utley
04-05-2015, 09:32 AM
I am jealous of all of you who are there.

Please post pictures when you get the chance. If you are on Instagram or Twitter, maybe use #DBRIndy so the rest of us can live vicariously.

I will try to post some pics later. The scene is awesome - basketball stars everywhere - saw coaches including lute Olson, jt3, pearl, crean, gottfree, Purdue's coach (can't recall name - dikembemutumbo, Ralph Sampson. I got pics with a few of them.

Went to the Duke hotel after the Wiscy game - Nolan and Zoubee were there as was Chris Collins - all the players families there too with Chuckie clearly in charge - I love that family.

Beside big blue nation - Wisconsin fans are everywhere. As you can imagine they were going nuts last night - I can't believe they will be as crazy if they win Monday as they were last night. It did feel to them they had just won the whole thing - we shall see about that. There was one moment after the game ended when they played jump around and you thought the fans were going to break downLucas Oil - kind of neat to see such sheer joy.

Best moment on our side was the Crazies screaming Our House at the end of the as party game.

i hope that helps paint a picture.

Utley
04-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Any word of a pep rally on Momday - there was a great one in 2010.

weezie
04-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Mitt Romney had sweet midcourt seats. Adam Silver was sitting a few seats away from him. Hope Silver was quietly cheering for his alma mater....

weezie
04-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Big Blue Nation is leaving. Time for Duke fans to invade Indy Monday night. Ticket and hotel prices are dropping. I'll be there with my troops. Let's do this!

Sing out on those hotels. Not seeing a huge drop yet.

Stray Gator
04-05-2015, 10:49 AM
I knew I recognized you at the game when you came over to talk to someone along the aisle of 244 where we were sitting.

ricks

I wish you had come over -- the "someones" in the aisle seats in Section 244 I was talking to were my wife and daughter. I'm sitting in Section 143 with the same group of friends who sat together in nearly the same location at the 2010 Final Four (trying to keep the good mojo going). Fortunately, we'll be back tomorrow night, so please come over and visit before the game or at halftime.

Except for the traffic getting out of downtown last night, yesterday went about as perfectly as we could have dreamed. I wish every Duke fan could be here to share in the experience -- Indy really is the best host city for the Final Four.

superdave
04-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Here ya go: http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/album.php?albumid=92

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Any Laettener pics? I think he was doing an autograph session or something yesterday.

jipops
04-05-2015, 11:12 AM
I have not seen a single UK fan in the hotel this morning. They arrive loudly and leave quietly.

I have seen a few MSU fans. A hotel clerk asked one if they were sad this morning. He said "not sad, very proud". What a huge difference.

NSDukeFan
04-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Thanks to those in attendance who are letting me live vicariously through your experiences. You have made me think that I really should have made the effort to try to attend. Hopefully, I will get another opportunity someday to watch another Duke team as fun to watch as this one make another run as fun as this one, 2001 and 2010. (I wasn't a Duke fan in 1991 and 1992, but certainly appreciated the epic upset of UNLV and Hill to Laettner.)

royalblue
04-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Stray,
I agree completely that Indy is the best host city of the 6 FF's I have attended and I can't imagine a city doing any better than what they have accomplished each time. I hope many will travel up to see K have a chance to win a 3rd in this fine city.

terrih
04-05-2015, 06:10 PM
There was a Duke party Saturday before the game. Is it likely there will be something similar for the Monday night game?

throatybeard
04-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Except for the traffic getting out of downtown last night, yesterday went about as perfectly as we could have dreamed. I wish every Duke fan could be here to share in the experience -- Indy really is the best host city for the Final Four.

I parked just a little farther north (New York). $4 meter and a clean getaway to the west, no traffic. Most people seemed to be driving south towards the cluster. I haven't scouted the other end of things if one has to go south or east, but I have to think there's a similar approach from that end.

hurleyfor3
04-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Again: sketchy neighborhood south of I-70, free on street. Car was still there at 1 am. You can park east of downtown too for free.

I visited the Indianapolis Museum of Art today, and got there by driving down North Meridian Street, which goes through Indy's least-sketchy neighborhood. Lots of Duke fans and few from other fanbases. Funny how that works. Here are some of my pictures.

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/album.php?albumid=93

This one was my favorite, considering both the colors and subject matter.

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4964&d=1428273043

freshmanjs
04-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Was just able to book 2 rooms at the Marriott downtown.

throatybeard
04-05-2015, 07:41 PM
What are the showcase obects in the art museum? (Like that one Caravaggio in KC)

hurleyfor3
04-05-2015, 08:21 PM
What are the showcase obects in the art museum? (Like that one Caravaggio in KC)

Probably the LOVE sculpture, which was the prototype. Fun coincidence, my parents were in New Orleans today and visited the sculpture garden there, and sent me a pic of its LOVE!

They have at least one of each impressionist. The van Gogh was a good one, decent smattering of Gaugins and Pissaros. An intriguing Hopper, too.

freshmanjs
04-05-2015, 11:11 PM
anyone know which sections are the wisconsin allotment? don't want to end up in those...

noyac
04-06-2015, 12:25 AM
anyone know which sections are the wisconsin allotment? don't want to end up in those...

Not absolutely sure but I was there on Saturday night and it seemed like the 39's to the 35's were Wisconsin seating. They may open up more sections for Monday's game.

Utley
04-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Any word of a pregame pep rally?

Virginia Devil
04-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Here for my first Final Four! Trying to redeem my decision not to come for the '92 championship my senior year. :( Any Duke gatherings before or after the game? I'm not sure where the team is staying but would love help. Thanks!

gofurman
04-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Please cheer loud for our guys!!! UK and bigten will all be against us. Llllloooooouuuuudddd!

throatybeard
04-06-2015, 01:28 PM
anyone know which sections are the Wisconsin allotment? don't want to end up in those...

Effectively, all the ones that aren't ours.

throatybeard
04-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Here for my first Final Four! Trying to redeem my decision not to come for the '92 championship my senior year. :( Any Duke gatherings before or after the game? I'm not sure where the team is staying but would love help. Thanks!

My understanding is that Duke is at the Sheraton.

Atlanta Duke
04-06-2015, 03:11 PM
Mitt Romney had sweet midcourt seats. Adam Silver was sitting a few seats away from him. Hope Silver was quietly cheering for his alma mater....

Maybe Mitt financed the seats with his picks:)

This year, in addition to getting the Final Four correct, Romney also predicted six of the eight teams in the Elite Eight, missing only Notre Dame and Gonzaga (he opted for Kansas and Iowa State instead).

He has scored better than 99.8 percent of people in the ESPN bracket pool

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/romney-obama-ncaa-championship-bracket-duke-wisconsin-116681.html#ixzz3WYe3T8V1

Let's hope he is right about tonight's game

freshmanjs
04-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Maybe Mitt financed the seats with his picks:)

This year, in addition to getting the Final Four correct, Romney also predicted six of the eight teams in the Elite Eight, missing only Notre Dame and Gonzaga (he opted for Kansas and Iowa State instead).

He has scored better than 99.8 percent of people in the ESPN bracket pool

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/romney-obama-ncaa-championship-bracket-duke-wisconsin-116681.html#ixzz3WYe3T8V1

Let's hope he is right about tonight's game

well...47% of people who pick are irrelevant...

sagegrouse
04-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Please cheer loud for our guys!!! UK and bigten will all be against us. Llllloooooouuuuudddd!

There was a great whooshing sound here in Indy Sunday AM as all the Kentucky fans headed south.

Duke didn't get booed at all Saturday -- we'll find out about tonight soon enough.

SilkyJ
04-06-2015, 05:19 PM

In 2010 we were at the Westin, but I just landed and drove by that area and saw what looked like the Duke bus outside the Sheraton.

Where are folks grabbing beers before the game? Anyone know which bars are going to be Dukie-heavy??

Let's get one for the thumb!

Virginia Devil
04-06-2015, 05:20 PM

Thanks!! Here's looking forward to celebrating with all the Dukies in Indy later tonight!

CatDevil
04-06-2015, 05:52 PM
Been having a blast all day! Love seeing all the Duke fans....we have to stick together. So far the Wisconsin fans have been friendly enough at our hotel. My son has never met a stranger so he strikes up convos and they fall far his charms. The last couple we spoke to a short while ago even told us good luck. Hard to not like the folks...and been 70+ years since they won. Of course, I wish them luck eventually. Just not this year!!!

Loved seeing Shane Battier (and Seth Greenberg) out at the ESPN area. My nephew and son enjoyed the photo op. We will be in section 402 (row 11/12 seats 19/20) baseline if anyone is close by from the board. Have really enjoyed the journey with DBR this year. I was a stalker in 2010 and finally registered in 2013.

I have really enjoyed the chat this year. I know Awhom chatted Saturday night while at the game...is there an app you download? Does anyone know... I would like to have it during the game. If it is just the normal website I will not chat. My phone always seems to run down so fast online. Going to save the battery for the cool pics.

Only need to say "Let's Go Duke!", "Let's Go Duke!","Let's Go Duke!","Let's Go Duke!","Let's Go Duke!" (said it 5 times for the other thread)

jana616
04-06-2015, 11:39 PM
If we head to the Sheraton, is there any chance we will actually get in to celebrate with the group there??

Newton_14
04-07-2015, 12:17 AM
Congrats to all my DBR Family Members that witnessed history in person tonight!!

I heard you! You were outnumbered but I heard you Devils! You brought em home! Well done!!