PDA

View Full Version : WBB (NCAAT, R16): Maryland 65, Duke 55

bedeviled
03-28-2015, 12:25 AM
Heads up. Duke has another Sweet 16 matchup today/Saturday.

The Duke women (#4 seed) face Maryland (#1 seed) on Saturday at 4:30PM ET in Spokane. Looks like it will be shown on ESPN.

brevity
03-28-2015, 11:56 AM
As of this morning, there are 4 schools whose men's and women's teams are still playing in the NCAA Tournaments: Duke, Notre Dame, Louisville, and Gonzaga. A couple of upsets would need to happen in Spokane today to set up another Duke-Gonzaga regional final.

OldPhiKap
03-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Let's Go DUKE!!!!!

killerleft
03-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Go Duke! Tip-off!!

uh_no
03-28-2015, 04:59 PM
keepiong it close. could deal with a little bit more activity on offense...too much standing around without the ball and only one person cutting.

Tappan Zee Devil
03-28-2015, 05:31 PM
Make the lay ups!

AIM4excellence
03-28-2015, 06:19 PM
Make the lay ups!

Anybody watch the sideline interview with McCallie?

dukelifer
03-28-2015, 06:19 PM
keepiong it close. could deal with a little bit more activity on offense...too much standing around without the ball and only one person cutting.

Had a chance but MD made some tough shots and got on a roll from 3. A solid effort by Duke but MD always seemed to have an answer.

downeastdad
03-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Yeah, well..... Nice season ladies, especially Elizabeth. On to 2016. Layup drills, Coach P?

killerleft
03-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Yeah, well..... Nice season ladies, especially Elizabeth. On to 2016. Layup drills, Coach P?

50% of those babies and we might have won. Good fight, though.

CameronBlue
03-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Tough game for the women. Missed layups and MD's 3-bombs were the difference. Great game by KJ particularly. Hopefully Duke's inability to guard the 3 will be ameliorated by next year's guard-laden freshmen class. Further development by Stevens, Chidom and Cooper, not to mention Greenwell and I think next year's team could be a much stronger edition. Definitely the loss of E will hurt but it should be offset but Duke's ability to penetrate, better offensive ball movement that quick guards can supply and, hopefully, a significantly reduced turnover rate. Duke desperately needs a true point guard who knows how to deliver the ball to bigs in positions where they can sore. Multiple turnovers throughout the season caused by players passing into the post from above the foul circle which is just mind-boggling to me. Happened several times today.

Thanks E, KJ and Jenna, wonderful to have had you around for 4 years. You will be missed.

brevity
03-28-2015, 11:18 PM
As of this morning, there are 4 schools whose men's and women's teams are still playing in the NCAA Tournaments: Duke, Notre Dame, Louisville, and Gonzaga. A couple of upsets would need to happen in Spokane today to set up another Duke-Gonzaga regional final.

And as of this evening, there are none. The men of Notre Dame joined the women of Duke, Gonzaga, and Louisville in losing today. Brutal all around.

uh_no
03-28-2015, 11:21 PM
And as of this evening, there are none. The men of Notre Dame joined the women of Duke, Gonzaga, and Louisville in losing today. Brutal all around.

was very surprised by the louisville loss. dayton didn't have any really good wins all year, and UL is generally very prepared for the tournament. maybe they overlooked dayton?

hopefully uconn won't do the same.

-jk
03-28-2015, 11:29 PM
was very surprised by the louisville loss. dayton didn't have any really good wins all year, and UL is generally very prepared for the tournament. maybe they overlooked dayton?

Uh? No. You can't reverse weaux like that.

-jk

AIM4excellence
03-30-2015, 04:02 PM

Hopefully the Dayton Coach Jabir does not subscribe to the same belief system as McCallie. She said "UConn cannot be beaten." Any coach who has multiple top ranked recruiting classes who believes her team cannot beat any other team is in the wrong business, IMHO. The players deserve to have a coach who believes in them. Other coaches, such as Maryland's Coach Frese are weighing in on McCallie's statement. To say they disagree would be a vast understatement.

Henderson
03-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Hopefully the Dayton Coach Jabir does not subscribe to the same belief system as McCallie. She said "UConn cannot be beaten." Any coach who has multiple top ranked recruiting classes who believes her team cannot beat any other team is in the wrong business, IMHO. The players deserve to have a coach who believes in them. Other coaches, such as Maryland's Coach Frese are weighing in on McCallie's statement. To say they disagree would be a vast understatement.

Link to the quote? Did she say that before Duke played UConn or after?

It's an important distinction for your post. If she said that before Duke played UConn, your point is well taken. If she said it after, she's just expressing her opinion based on experience, and there's nothing wrong with that. Fair commentary.

Mike Corey
03-30-2015, 04:30 PM
Link to the quote?

Linky (http://www.diamondbackonline.com/sports/article_1e98a316-d696-11e4-9b11-2bf75f403ac2.html).

Quote came after Maryland defeated Duke.

Here's the quote and context from the Diamondback online:

“In women’s basketball, there is a monarchy right now, and one team really can’t be beat,” McCallie said of the Huskies. “Everybody else can beat everybody, and that’s how I feel about it.”

If the No. 1-seed Terps beat No. 2-seed Tennessee today at Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena and No. 1-seed Connecticut handles No. 7-seed Dayton, the two teams will meet in the Final Four.

Terps coach Brenda Frese responded to McCallie’s comments during a news conference Sunday. Frese pointed to the Notre Dame men’s team’s two-point loss to undefeated Kentucky on Saturday night as evidence that any team can be challenged.

“[McCallie] must not believe that her team can beat them,” Frese said. “Connecticut is a phenomenal team; they have showed it time and time again. But I think that you have to be able to go in with a mindset, just like Notre Dame did against Kentucky. They didn’t finish it, but they had a mindset that they believed they could win.”

Kedsy
03-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Any coach who has multiple top ranked recruiting classes who believes her team cannot beat any other team is in the wrong business, IMHO.

Maybe if she could count on all the players from those "multiple top ranked recruiting classes" actually playing in the games, things might be different. But of the 14 women she recruited over the past four seasons who could have played for Duke this year, literally half (7 of 14) were not available at the end of this season due to either injury or transfer (or both). A percentage, by the way, that is somewhat consistent with the previous several seasons.

Duvall
03-30-2015, 04:36 PM
Linky (http://www.diamondbackonline.com/sports/article_1e98a316-d696-11e4-9b11-2bf75f403ac2.html).

Quote came after Maryland defeated Duke.

Here's the quote and context from the Diamondback online:

I mean, this is just realkeeping. No problem with McCallie telling the truth, even if it hurts Brenda's feelings.

Mike Corey
03-30-2015, 05:18 PM
I don't mind what Maryland's coach thinks, but what Coach P's players think.

They might agree that this is just truth-telling, I suppose.

AIM4excellence
03-30-2015, 05:40 PM
I don't mind what Maryland's coach thinks, but what Coach P's players think.

They might agree that this is just truth-telling, I suppose.

In 1999, DWB faced Tennessee in the Regional Final in Greensboro. Tennessee had won three straight NC's and almost everybody in the world was ready to crown them with #4. Even among Duke fans, I was made fun of for saying DWB could beat Tennessee. Seriously. I knew that our coach believed in her players. I knew she'd have a plan. And she did. She devised a plan that took advantage of every single talent and skill of every single player on the squad. This Duke team did the seemingly impossible. It looked every bit as "impossible" as UConn looks right now. And yet, having a coach who believes in her players and spends the time to make her players shine can accomplish what looks to be impossible.

Doing it starts with believing you can do it. Without the belief, it truly is not possible. It is not being "realistic." It is lacking belief. BIG difference.

And, thank you Mike for bringing the quote, which I should have included with my post. I actually got an emergency call back to work, so posted without the quote.

Henderson
03-30-2015, 07:05 PM
Why would next year's team be adversely affected by Coach P's prediction that no one can beat UConn from here on out in this tournament?

jv001
03-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Why would next year's team be adversely affected by Coach P's prediction that no one can beat UConn from here on out in this tournament?

I guess it could affect next years team adversely because she believes UConn is a "Monarchy right now". Now she could mean this years team is a monarchy or she could mean the program is a monarchy, past and present. I have to admit that Coach P does make some weird statements. I'm looking forward to next year where we have a team that doesn't have so many turnovers and one that has a smooth running offense. Time will tell. GoDuke!

burnspbesq
03-30-2015, 07:23 PM
In 1999, DWB faced Tennessee in the Regional Final in Greensboro. Tennessee had won three straight NC's and almost everybody in the world was ready to crown them with #4. Even among Duke fans, I was made fun of for saying DWB could beat Tennessee. Seriously. I knew that our coach believed in her players. I knew she'd have a plan. And she did. She devised a plan that took advantage of every single talent and skill of every single player on the squad. This Duke team did the seemingly impossible. It looked every bit as "impossible" as UConn looks right now. And yet, having a coach who believes in her players and spends the time to make her players shine can accomplish what looks to be impossible.

Doing it starts with believing you can do it. Without the belief, it truly is not possible. It is not being "realistic." It is lacking belief. BIG difference.

And, thank you Mike for bringing the quote, which I should have included with my post. I actually got an emergency call back to work, so posted without the quote.

Here's a simple question that I'm sure you won't answer directly because a direct answer would undercut your agenda.

Is Coach P's assessment of where UConn sits compared to everybody else in women's college basketball incorrect?

Henderson
03-30-2015, 07:30 PM
I guess it could affect next years team adversely because she believes UConn is a "Monarchy right now". Now she could mean this years team is a monarchy or she could mean the program is a monarchy, past and present. I have to admit that Coach P does make some weird statements. I'm looking forward to next year where we have a team that doesn't have so many turnovers and one that has a smooth running offense. Time will tell. GoDuke!

So Coach P thinks UConn is the dominant team in Women's College Basketball today, and she said it. And her saying that will adversely affect next year's team.

If that's a fair summary of the point, I disagree.

duke09hms
03-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Here's a simple question that I'm sure you won't answer directly because a direct answer would undercut your agenda.

Is Coach P's assessment of where UConn sits compared to everybody else in women's college basketball incorrect?

It's not her assessment, it's her saying, "they can't be beat," that we find problematic.

CameronBlue
03-30-2015, 08:04 PM
It's not her assessment, it's her saying, "they can't be beat," that we find problematic.

Further I don't think Henderson's interpretation is accurate, that's not my reading of the post. In any event the "unbeatable monarchy" is down 1 at the half to a 7 seed.

Duvall
03-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Further I don't think Henderson's interpretation is accurate, that's not my reading of the post. In any event the "unbeatable monarchy" is down 1 at the half to a 7 seed.

And they're going to win by 30. So it goes.

dudog84
03-30-2015, 09:14 PM
Will you please let it go? You’re really reaching here. Coach P is not getting fired. And Coach G is not coming back. What purpose does this drumbeat have? To drive recruits away? To hope the whole team transfers out? An anonymous poster on an internet board won’t have this effect, but it’s tiresome to read. If you really can’t stomach her leading the Duke program, perhaps you should find another team to root for. Because you’re not going to be happy for the next 15-20 years. Life's too short.

Despite your posts, I see a team that plays very hard for its coach. Do we need to mention again that Amber is coming back? She doesn't seem unhappy. To imply that Coach P doesn’t believe in her players and doesn’t spend enough time with them is insulting.

As for the quote, I would have had a huge problem if she would have said that while Duke was still alive in the Tournament. Actually, that’s a bit much, because coaches are always praising the opposition. But after losing, who cares? We won’t have to face them this year. She doesn’t have to stick with coach-speak.

Any comparison to Tennessee in 1999 is ludicrous. Tennessee had already lost twice that year, once by 10 points. They were clearly beatable. Yes, UConn lost once this year…in the 2nd game of the season, by 2 points in overtime at Stanford. For the season, their average margin of victory has been 42.5 points. They beat #1 South Carolina by 25 points. They beat #2 Notre Dame by 18. I’ll be surprised if anyone comes within 20 points of them in the next few days. And still, Brenda Frese said exactly what I’d expect her to say.

Kedsy
03-30-2015, 10:08 PM
I’ll be surprised if anyone comes within 20 points of them in the next few days.

Well, Dayton came within 21 points of them today. Does that count, since Dayton is a 7-seed and probably not as good as Tennessee or Maryland or Notre Dame or South Carolina?

That said, I agree with your overall point.

uh_no
03-30-2015, 10:15 PM
Well, Dayton came within 21 points of them today. Does that count, since Dayton is a 7-seed and probably not as good as Tennessee or Maryland or Notre Dame or South Carolina?

and the game was far closer than 20 most of the way....dayton was winning at haltime....

this team CAN be beated, it takes a heck of an effort for sure...but the way to beat them is certainly not to come out saying you have no chance of winning...as the dayton coach made clear they relished this opportunity.

Geno himself said that if you're looking for moral victories at halftime you might as well not even come out for the second half.

P's comments align with her actions in not renewing the series with uconn. Personally I think it shows a resigned defeatist attitude "we can't come close, so we won't bother trying anymore" which i'm not a particular fan of.

P can sit back and say it can't be done while others like dayton, stanford, ND, whoever are out trying, and coming close to, actually doing it (in the case of stanford...actually accomplishing it....P should tell them it was actually impossible)

OldPhiKap
03-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Meh, UCONN is clearly the head of the class. This is not news.

This parsing of relatively unremarkable language in an effort to undermine the coach is getting tiring. If she is a bad coach, fire her. If there is a better candidate, name her/him. Otherwise, she is our coach and I support her.

The idea of recognizing that UConn is the prohibitive favorite is reality. Not a disability.

Duvall
03-30-2015, 10:49 PM
and the game was far closer than 20 most of the way....dayton was winning at haltime....

this team CAN be beated, it takes a heck of an effort for sure...but the way to beat them is certainly not to come out saying you have no chance of winning...as the dayton coach made clear they relished this opportunity.

Geno himself said that if you're looking for moral victories at halftime you might as well not even come out for the second half.

P's comments align with her actions in not renewing the series with uconn. Personally I think it shows a resigned defeatist attitude "we can't come close, so we won't bother trying anymore" which i'm not a particular fan of.

P can sit back and say it can't be done while others like dayton, stanford, ND, whoever are out trying, and coming close to, actually doing it (in the case of stanford...actually accomplishing it....P should tell them it was actually impossible)

Is it still defeatism when you've actually been defeated? It is what it is.

AIM4excellence
03-30-2015, 11:18 PM
Will you please let it go? You’re really reaching here. Coach P is not getting fired. And Coach G is not coming back. What purpose does this drumbeat have? To drive recruits away? To hope the whole team transfers out? An anonymous poster on an internet board won’t have this effect, but it’s tiresome to read. If you really can’t stomach her leading the Duke program, perhaps you should find another team to root for. Because you’re not going to be happy for the next 15-20 years. Life's too short.

Despite your posts, I see a team that plays very hard for its coach. Do we need to mention again that Amber is coming back? She doesn't seem unhappy. To imply that Coach P doesn’t believe in her players and doesn’t spend enough time with them is insulting.

As for the quote, I would have had a huge problem if she would have said that while Duke was still alive in the Tournament. Actually, that’s a bit much, because coaches are always praising the opposition. But after losing, who cares? We won’t have to face them this year. She doesn’t have to stick with coach-speak.

Any comparison to Tennessee in 1999 is ludicrous. Tennessee had already lost twice that year, once by 10 points. They were clearly beatable. Yes, UConn lost once this year…in the 2nd game of the season, by 2 points in overtime at Stanford. For the season, their average margin of victory has been 42.5 points. They beat #1 South Carolina by 25 points. They beat #2 Notre Dame by 18. I’ll be surprised if anyone comes within 20 points of them in the next few days. And still, Brenda Frese said exactly what I’d expect her to say.

At least you didn't call me a liar.

Yes, I can see there's a HUGE difference between a repeat NC winner with two losses and a repeat NC winner with one loss. HUGE. I can see how that makes the comparison LUDICROUS. Because the difference is so HUGE.

There are so many examples of underdogs who won because their coach believed they could win. But if I list them, somebody will just pick them apart, one by one. But I can tell you one thing: an underdog will never win the game when the coach believes they can't win. There's only one way to avoid getting beat and that's to not play them. Finally she's figured out how to not get beat by UConn. Meanwhile most coaches across the country are working to figure out how to beat UConn by playing them. Actually working to elevate their programs to UConn's level.

Of all the coaches I've seen in the tourney so far, two stand out: Jim Jabir of Dayton and Dawn Staley of South Carolina. Each taking their programs to new heights by believing in their players.

If any player makes their decision of where to go to college and play basketball based on a message board, they deserve what they get. That could very well be the silliest statement yet.

killerleft
03-30-2015, 11:59 PM

Yes, I can see there's a HUGE difference between a repeat NC winner with two losses and a repeat NC winner with one loss. HUGE. I can see how that makes the comparison LUDICROUS. Because the difference is so HUGE.

There are so many examples of underdogs who won because their coach believed they could win. But if I list them, somebody will just pick them apart, one by one. But I can tell you one thing: an underdog will never win the game when the coach believes they can't win. There's only one way to avoid getting beat and that's to not play them. Finally she's figured out how to not get beat by UConn. Meanwhile most coaches across the country are working to figure out how to beat UConn by playing them. Actually working to elevate their programs to UConn's level.

Of all the coaches I've seen in the tourney so far, two stand out: Jim Jabir of Dayton and Dawn Staley of South Carolina. Each taking their programs to new heights by believing in their players.

If any player makes their decision of where to go to college and play basketball based on a message board, they deserve what they get. That could very well be the silliest statement yet.

Possibly you are correct about the silliness. Ask the folks over at Chapel Hill how they feel about the message boards at NC State. They will no doubt confirm just how silly it would be to think that a message board could influence anything of importance, right?

I would be more interested in the influence someone with a super-negative attitude could exert were they, for instance, close (enough) to some of the players and their families.

AIM4excellence
03-31-2015, 09:51 PM
Possibly you are correct about the silliness. Ask the folks over at Chapel Hill how they feel about the message boards at NC State. They will no doubt confirm just how silly it would be to think that a message board could influence anything of importance, right?

I would be more interested in the influence someone with a super-negative attitude could exert were they, for instance, close (enough) to some of the players and their families.

Excuse my ignorance on this, but I have no idea what happened between Chapel Hill and NC State message boards.

I am a very big fan of Duke Women's Basketball. I want the program to return to Final Fours. I don't feel it's negative to point out what is obvious: that we're going in the opposite direction. Not one person can quibble with the fact that we're not there and haven't been there in the 8 years McCallie has been here. I do not follow any team as closely as DWB.

-jk
04-01-2015, 07:12 AM
Excuse my ignorance on this, but I have no idea what happened between Chapel Hill and NC State message boards.

The Wainstein report (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/asset/colleges/unc/2014/10/22/14104501/148975-UNC-FINAL-REPORT.pdf) is a direct result of the Pack Pride message board, by way of Dan Kane at the N&O. You might find a thread or two on our board about that, too.

-jk

Kfanarmy
04-01-2015, 09:53 AM

This kinda wins the argument on who is going the furthest out on a limb with pointless points. Seriously arguing how much better a team with one loss is than a team with two !$!
If one didn't know better, you'd think there are people on both sides of this issue not willing to concede that the Duke WBB Coach is/isn't the greatest/worst coach of all tiime.

AIM4excellence
04-01-2015, 05:38 PM
This kinda wins the argument on who is going the furthest out on a limb with pointless points. Seriously arguing how much better a team with one loss is than a team with two !$!
If one didn't know better, you'd think there are people on both sides of this issue not willing to concede that the Duke WBB Coach is/isn't the greatest/worst coach of all tiime.

It wasn't me that said that comparing the teams was "ludicrous." My only point is that there's really not much difference between a team that's lost once vs twice, so the comparison is completely valid. The nitpicking is ridiculous, but nothing new.

dudog84
04-01-2015, 06:11 PM

Technically, I'm still ok.

dudog84
04-01-2015, 06:25 PM

Really? You want to go back there? For the uninitiated, the complainant posted a number of egregiously inaccurate statements (one in quotes, no less) and I called him/her on it. The statements were extremely derogatory towards the Duke coach and program. You brought it up, not me.

As for Dawn Staley, yes she appears to be a good coach. But stop with the coronation. In 15 years of coaching, this is the first time she’s made it past the Sweet 16. Let’s see if she can maintain the program. And anyone that thinks she would have made it to the Final 4 if she had lost 2 of her top-10 recruits to injury is delusional. She only squeaked by UNC (who we swept) by 2.

Each of the last 4 years we’ve been without 2 of our top-10 recruits due to injury. Every. Single. Year.

Hooray for Dayton’s run. It was great. Congratulations to Jim Jabir. But in 6 years at Marquette he was 94-81, in 6 years at Providence he was 62-102, and in 12 years at Dayton he is 238-140. This was the first year he’s made it out of the first weekend of the Tournament. So he had a great year, but let’s not pretend this is the second coming.

I would honestly like to know why you hate Coach P so much. No, she’s not perfect. You’re clearly enamored with Coach G (heck, all of us liked her), but Coach P had nothing to do with her leaving. You’ll parse one sentence out of a 12-minute press conference and say she not only needs to be fired by Duke, but needs to get out of the coaching business entirely. I just don’t get this relentless negativity. And while that is certainly your right, I think it is completely out of place on a Duke board.

AIM4excellence
04-03-2015, 11:07 PM
As for Dawn Staley, yes she appears to be a good coach. But stop with the coronation. In 15 years of coaching, this is the first time she’s made it past the Sweet 16. Let’s see if she can maintain the program. And anyone that thinks she would have made it to the Final 4 if she had lost 2 of her top-10 recruits to injury is delusional. She only squeaked by UNC (who we swept) by 2.

Each of the last 4 years we’ve been without 2 of our top-10 recruits due to injury. Every. Single. Year.

Hooray for Dayton’s run. It was great. Congratulations to Jim Jabir. But in 6 years at Marquette he was 94-81, in 6 years at Providence he was 62-102, and in 12 years at Dayton he is 238-140. This was the first year he’s made it out of the first weekend of the Tournament. So he had a great year, but let’s not pretend this is the second coming.

I would honestly like to know why you hate Coach P so much. No, she’s not perfect. You’re clearly enamored with Coach G (heck, all of us liked her), but Coach P had nothing to do with her leaving. You’ll parse one sentence out of a 12-minute press conference and say she not only needs to be fired by Duke, but needs to get out of the coaching business entirely. I just don’t get this relentless negativity. And while that is certainly your right, I think it is completely out of place on a Duke board.

I prefer any coach who believes in the players on the team and then devises a good game plan to beat the best. I have never heard of any top coach saying that "such and so" team is "unbeatable." Of all the things I dislike about her as a coach, this stands out. You apparently do not follow women's basketball. My feelings about the statement put me in the majority. This is not a winning attitude. This is not what I want in a coach. Perhaps you don't mind, which is your choice. Hope I've been clear. There are plenty of teams who beat the "unbeatable" team in a given year. Duke men and women are two who have done so. And those teams were unbeaten until Duke did so. That's the kind of coaches I want for Duke. Coaches with positive attitudes in themselves and their players.

And speaking of "relentless negativity" that very much defines your behavior towards me. I am negative about a very well paid public figure and have given many, many, many reasons why she is not my choice to coach this team or be a representative of Duke, including the paragraph above. You are relentlessly negative about a poster on a message board. Why so much venom and hatred toward a message board poster? I think THAT is completely out of place here.

I want the program to return to the level it was at before McCallie arrived. I have lost any confidence that McCallie is able to do so. I would rather that Duke return to being an elite program sooner than later. I am positive about DWB's future post-McCallie. I prefer attending Final Fours where my team is playing.

Yet again I ask you to cease and desist with the personal attacks. Instead of attempting to degrade me for disliking the fact that McCallie calls another team (that she loses to every year) "unbeatable" why don't you explain what you like about that statement. Make the program your focus instead of me.

killerleft
04-04-2015, 12:49 AM
I prefer any coach who believes in the players on the team and then devises a good game plan to beat the best. I have never heard of any top coach saying that "such and so" team is "unbeatable." Of all the things I dislike about her as a coach, this stands out. You apparently do not follow women's basketball. My feelings about the statement put me in the majority. This is not a winning attitude. This is not what I want in a coach. Perhaps you don't mind, which is your choice. Hope I've been clear. There are plenty of teams who beat the "unbeatable" team in a given year. Duke men and women are two who have done so. And those teams were unbeaten until Duke did so. That's the kind of coaches I want for Duke. Coaches with positive attitudes in themselves and their players.

And speaking of "relentless negativity" that very much defines your behavior towards me. I am negative about a very well paid public figure and have given many, many, many reasons why she is not my choice to coach this team or be a representative of Duke, including the paragraph above. You are relentlessly negative about a poster on a message board. Why so much venom and hatred toward a message board poster? I think THAT is completely out of place here.

I want the program to return to the level it was at before McCallie arrived. I have lost any confidence that McCallie is able to do so. I would rather that Duke return to being an elite program sooner than later. I am positive about DWB's future post-McCallie. I prefer attending Final Fours where my team is playing.
Yet again I ask you to cease and desist with the personal attacks. Instead of attempting to degrade me for disliking the fact that McCallie calls another team (that she loses to every year) "unbeatable" why don't you explain what you like about that statement. Make the program your focus instead of me.

I am shocked by your post. Why the big change of heart?:rolleyes:

That you are so confident of Duke's fortunes in a fictional post-McCallie scenario is really going out on limb, what with the great guard recruits we have coming next year to stabilize the wonderful group of women we have already.:) Funny!

JBDuke
04-04-2015, 12:55 AM
Well, this thread has degenerated back to the same old uncivil arguments about Duke's WBB coach. Nothing new to see here, so I'm shutting it down.

Further threads debating the merits of Coach P will also be shut down unless there is something new to discuss. Otherwise, this is just fodder for the kind of discourse we discourage around here.