PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 16 Thursday: Who Ya Got Poll

JasonEvans
03-26-2015, 10:08 AM
Lets see if anyone can go 4-for-4. The attached poll allows for multiple choice votes... so vote 4 times, once for each game. We'll see if anyone can get all four.

Again... VOTE 4 TIMES... once for each of the games tonight.

-Jason "I'm interested in seeing how many folks take West Virginia" Evans

JasonEvans
03-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Worth noting that the DBR (JD King), voted for Wisconsin, Wichita, Arizona, and Kentucky.

-Jason "I'm lame... I like all the favorites. Sorry, just don't see upsets tonight" Evans

flyingdutchdevil
03-26-2015, 10:29 AM
Went chalk all the way. Don't see any upsets tonight. The higher seeded teams are just so much better than their counterparts.

kAzE
03-26-2015, 10:38 AM
Went chalk all the way. Don't see any upsets tonight. The higher seeded teams are just so much better than their counterparts.

I think Wichita is pretty formidable. They were heavily underseeded. Vegas actually has the shockers favored by 2 points.

CameronBornAndBred
03-26-2015, 10:48 AM
I have one shocking upset.

devildeac
03-26-2015, 10:52 AM
I have one shocking upset.

Irish you wouldn't do thing like that:rolleyes:;).

DukeDevil
03-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Irish you wouldn't do thing like that:rolleyes:;).

These comments are Wildly inappropriCat.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
03-26-2015, 11:47 AM
So no one has Xavier? I would think Kentucky is the bigger favorite, but I see we have a few takers on WVU. Should be an interesting evening of hoopla.

Troublemaker
03-26-2015, 11:59 AM
So no one has Xavier? I would think Kentucky is the bigger favorite, but I see we have a few takers on WVU. Should be an interesting evening of hoopla.

Musketeer be shed for those not receiving votes?

devildeac
03-26-2015, 12:18 PM
Musketeer be shed for those not receiving votes?

Looks like a couple folks have pulled the trigger...

jipops
03-26-2015, 12:20 PM
I have the West region as having the two big upset games as Xavier takes down Arizona and unc executes the fake injury plan to perfection vs. Wisconsin. I don't consider Wichita State to be an upset over ND, they look like the better team to me that was way under-seeded. Kentucky/Wich St could end up being a very entertaining regional final.

If one of WVU's freshman had not provided UK with some bulletin board material earlier this week, I maybe would be more inclined to pull the trigger on that upset. But I think the Cats will be going in all fired up over those comments.

superdave
03-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Wichita has the best chance at an upset....but I voted chalk.

DukeDiva
03-26-2015, 01:35 PM
I voted chalk as well, although I really think WSU/ND game might be a tight one. It also depends on which Carolina team shows up tonight. I think they could hang with Wisconsin.

NancyCarol
03-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Rumor has it someone has burned Roy's plaid jacket. All hope is lost for the Cheaters.

BigZ
03-26-2015, 02:54 PM
As much as I wanted UNC and Kentucky to lose I believe a Kentucky, UNC, NC State and Duke Final Four would be awesome.

rsvman
03-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Had to go all chalk for tonight's action. Hated to do it, but I had to.

Tomorrow night is a different story. I see two "upsets" there, but that's a discussion for another day.

Bob Green
03-26-2015, 03:24 PM
-Jason "I'm lame... I like all the favorites. Sorry, just don't see upsets tonight" Evans

I picked Wichita State to beat Notre Dame even though I will be rooting hard for the Irish to win. My reasoning for picking the Shockers is thin. Sometimes teams do better the year after high expectations. Okay, my reasoning is very thin.

JasonEvans
03-26-2015, 04:34 PM
Just so everyone is clear, you may think you are picking chalk but you aren't. Vegas has Wichita St. as a 1.5 or 2 point favorite. They opened as a 1 point dog but so much money came in on Wichita that the line has moved a few points and Wichita is now the favorite.

There's probably a tiny little window here where Wichita wins by 1 and the sports books just get killed. Ha!

-Jason "Sorta amazing to me that Xavier is far and away our biggest underdog... we have some Huggins lovers around here ;) " Evans

davekay1971
03-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Just so everyone is clear, you may think you are picking chalk but you aren't. Vegas has Wichita St. as a 1.5 or 2 point favorite. They opened as a 1 point dog but so much money came in on Wichita that the line has moved a few points and Wichita is now the favorite.

There's probably a tiny little window here where Wichita wins by 1 and the sports books just get killed. Ha!

-Jason "Sorta amazing to me that Xavier is far and away our biggest underdog... we have some Huggins lovers around here ;) " Evans

Lots of DBR wishful thinkg to have Wisconsin as the 2nd favorite pick and KY as anything but the favorite pick. That being said, I picked Wisconsin over UNC and WVU over KY. I absolutely don't believe UNC has the horses to beat Wisconsin unless either several Tar Heels play out of their minds, or Wisconsin has a really bad day, especially if Meeks is out or ineffective. As for the upset pick, if KY is going to come out sleeping, it'll be tonight. If those guys get past WVU and get the Final Four in their sights, I think we see KY play with too much focus to lose, even to the Notre Dame team that we met in the ACCT. There is a chance they could overlook WVU tonight, and WVU has the defense and athleticism to take advantage.

nocilla
03-26-2015, 05:04 PM

When I think of chalk in the NCAA tournament it is by seed. I don't think most people even consider the Vegas odds.

JasonEvans
03-26-2015, 05:27 PM
When I think of chalk in the NCAA tournament it is by seed. I don't think most people even consider the Vegas odds.

Well, I hear you but it is worth noting that the term "chalk (http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/sports-betting/chalk.aspx)" comes from gambling and wagering lines.

Before the advent of computers and digital displays, and before gambling on major sporting events became popular, many gamblers bet on horse racing. At the track or at the off-track betting parlor, all the horses for a race would be listed in order of expected finish, with the odds of that finish, on a blackboard. As the odds changed and the favorite horse changed, the bookie would erase the name and put a new one in. Hence, the favorite's name was always in chalk.

-Jason "that said, you are right that the general public pays more attention to seed numbers than Vegas odds" Evans

Indoor66
03-26-2015, 05:54 PM
It is Upset Thursday!

rthomas
03-26-2015, 06:05 PM
My bracket which is 13/16 is still alive for now has KY, ND, UNC and Arizona. Tomorrow Louisville, Virginia (out), Duke, Gonzaga.

My heart wants WVU, of course. And I think WVU has a chance if they play a perfect game.

CDu
03-26-2015, 07:19 PM
I went chalk today. My two upsets are tomorrow.

pfrduke
03-26-2015, 09:41 PM
I went chalk today. My two upsets are tomorrow.

State and State?

jv001
03-27-2015, 07:03 AM
Wow, that was easy :cool: GoDuke!

CDu
03-27-2015, 07:45 AM
State and State?

Yup. Though I am tempted to say 3 with UCLA. But the States are my calls today.