PDA

View Full Version : The ACC Is So Strong That.......

NancyCarol
03-23-2015, 12:04 AM
we're having to take each other out.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-23-2015, 04:48 AM
... Chuck Norris called Patrick Davidson to see if he could join the ACC

MarkD83
03-23-2015, 07:00 AM
....The NCAA tried to give Daniel Ewing a T and Justise rejected it.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-23-2015, 07:15 AM
...Uconn no longer wants in for fear of living in the basement

AIRFORCEDUKIE
03-23-2015, 09:03 AM
....Maryland wants back in to help their RPI

davekay1971
03-23-2015, 10:20 AM
...even Nate James is intimidated.

Never mind, Nate James is never intimidated. He's just too badass...

Clay Feet POF
03-23-2015, 10:26 AM
That Gloating is a waste of time.

uh_no
03-23-2015, 10:30 AM
...Uconn no longer wants in for fear of living in the basement

jeez. if only they had ever played in a conference that put 5 teams in the sweet 16.....oh wait....

davekay1971
03-23-2015, 10:35 AM
jeez. if only they had ever played in a conference that put 5 teams in the sweet 16.....oh wait....

True. And the Big East still has (had...when they existed) the 1985 Final Four. 3 teams from one conference in one Final Four, at a time when the ACC was very deep and very strong. That was impressive.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-23-2015, 10:38 AM
True. And the Big East still has (had...when they existed) the 1985 Final Four. 3 teams from one conference in one Final Four, at a time when the ACC was very deep and very strong. That was impressive.

An impressive feat.... until the ACC posts all four this year.

/not really a prediction
//more of a "what if"
///sure would be cool

hurleyfor3
03-23-2015, 11:18 AM
I believe this is the third year the entire Triangle has made the Sweet 16, the other years being 1986 and 1989. I root against unc as much as the next guy does, but that's a pretty cool accomplishment.

Hingeknocker
03-23-2015, 11:47 AM
I believe this is the third year the entire Triangle has made the Sweet 16, the other years being 1986 and 1989. I root against unc as much as the next guy does, but that's a pretty cool accomplishment.

I agree - very cool accomplishment. But what would have been better is Carolina losing to Harvard or Arkansas, and then we could point to them and say, "Look at this cool thing that could have happened! We held up our end of the bargain, and you RUINED it!" There's always - always - a reason to hope that Carolina loses every single game.

Tripping William
03-23-2015, 11:50 AM

Barry Jacobs's article on the Home Page says it's the fourth time, with 2005 added to the two you mentioned.

wilson
03-23-2015, 11:52 AM
I believe this is the third year the entire Triangle has made the Sweet 16, the other years being 1986 and 1989. I root against unc as much as the next guy does, but that's a pretty cool accomplishment.2005 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NCAA_Men%27s_Division_I_Basketball_Tournament #Regionals) as well.

Kedsy
03-23-2015, 11:54 AM
An impressive feat.... until the ACC posts all four this year.

/not really a prediction
//more of a "what if"
///sure would be cool

I don't think it would be cool at all, because that would mean UNC would be in the Final Four (sort of the opposite of "cool" to me). :cool:

CameronBornAndBred
03-23-2015, 11:58 AM
2005 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NCAA_Men%27s_Division_I_Basketball_Tournament #Regionals) as well.
Anything the heels did that year does not count.

Henderson
03-23-2015, 11:59 AM
There's always - always - a reason to hope that Carolina loses every single game.

So wrong.

There are a million reasons to hope for lots of Carolina wins, listed here:

Hmm. Now I'm struggling. Little help?

hurleyfor3
03-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Anything the heels did that year does not count.

Thanks for bailing me out. :) I forgot State beat Uconn on that Julius Hodge shot.

In each of the previous three years, and including soon-to-be-vacated performances, the highest Triangle seed remaining (or one of them if tied) made the Final Four, and this year that's us.

UrinalCake
03-23-2015, 12:11 PM
It's a shame that State and Louisville have to play each other, they're both playing so well and would have a good chance at both making it to the E8 had they not been matched up against each other. As it stands, we could theoretically have half of the Elite 8 (though I expect and hope for the CHeats to go down).

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-23-2015, 12:18 PM
I don't think it would be cool at all, because that would mean UNC would be in the Final Four (sort of the opposite of "cool" to me). :cool:

I think the coolness of an all-ACC final four would trump the disappointment of UNC's involvement. As long as we whooped 'em good.

CameronBornAndBred
03-23-2015, 12:53 PM
I think the coolness of an all-ACC final four would trump the disappointment of UNC's involvement. As long as we whooped 'em good.
Caulton Tudor agrees...

With two survivors in the East Region – North Carolina State and Louisville – the league is assured of at least one regional finalist. Duke (South), UNC (West) and Notre Dame (Midwest) are all still in the chase for tickets to Indianapolis.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/fans-can-dream-of-all-acc-final-four/14534003/

AIRFORCEDUKIE
03-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Caulton Tudor agrees...

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/fans-can-dream-of-all-acc-final-four/14534003/

You gotta respect what Roy has done with this team, he has them playing good ball at the right time. They made it to the ACC Championship game, and now the Sweet 16. They are now playing with house money as no one expects them to come out of the West. If they do it would be remarkable and I would be happy for the opportunity to defeat them a third time in the National Title game if somehow both teams made it that far. Magical ACC Season for sure, too bad we have to split all that tourney money with all 15 teams. I wonder if Syracuse gets a share?

Hingeknocker
03-23-2015, 03:34 PM
So wrong.

There are a million reasons to hope for lots of Carolina wins, listed here:

Hmm. Now I'm struggling. Little help?

"I don't think this needs any more help. Solid work." - Deborah Crowder

NSDukeFan
03-23-2015, 08:26 PM
You gotta respect what Roy has done with this team, he has them playing good ball at the right time. They made it to the ACC Championship game, and now the Sweet 16. They are now playing with house money as no one expects them to come out of the West. If they do it would be remarkable and I would be happy for the opportunity to defeat them a third time in the National Title game if somehow both teams made it that far. Magical ACC Season for sure, too bad we have to split all that tourney money with all 15 teams. I wonder if Syracuse gets a share?

Too bad Maryland doesn't get a share.

duketaylor
03-23-2015, 08:36 PM
The possibility of of an all-ACC FF is just scary, the thought of playing the cheaters in the final game is just a heart attack waiting to happen. Figured I'd see it in my lifetime, and know it's a life-threatening event.

MarkD83
03-23-2015, 09:09 PM
I will leave the South region out of this discussion, but I have a dream and a nightmare final 4.

The dream is Notre Dame, Wisconsin and NC State. The nightmare is Ky, UNC and Okla. (Actually the East is pretty innocuous and I would not mind any of the 4 but do have a soft spot for NCState since they did all of the digging up of the scandal at UNC.)

jacone21
03-23-2015, 09:20 PM
The possibility of of an all-ACC FF is just scary, the thought of playing the cheaters in the final game is just a heart attack waiting to happen. Figured I'd see it in my lifetime, and know it's a life-threatening event.

I'm sure with our resident population of cardiologists, psychologists, and beer and liquor connoisseurs, we would be able to get through it somehow.

OldPhiKap
03-23-2015, 09:22 PM
I'm sure with our resident population of cardiologists, psychologists, and beer and liquor connoisseurs, we would be able to get through it somehow.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money.
The $#!+ has hit the fan."

--Warren Zevon

weezie
03-23-2015, 09:24 PM

And, we've likely got a rabbi, a priest and a minister all walking into a bar.....

just in case the heart attacks begin, that is....

davekay1971
03-23-2015, 09:25 PM

No, you're still screwed. I can't speak for the psychologists, but the cardiologists on the board would be too incapacitated by our craft beers and our own heart attacks to help you. Basically, call 911 and, if you're in North Carolina hope the EMS team are all transplanted Yankees who are bored and waiting for baseball season to really get going.

devildeac
03-23-2015, 10:53 PM

I'm available...

Indoor66
03-24-2015, 11:25 AM
I'm available...

The issue is: For Which?

jacone21
03-24-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm available...

The issue is: For Which?

Yes. Good question. Will you be providing the NitroMist AND the bourbon? Or just the bourbon?

devildeac
03-24-2015, 01:58 PM
Yes. Good question. Will you be providing the NitroMist AND the bourbon? Or just the bourbon?

1. Cardiology care-check
2. Beer-check
3. Liquor-if the "proper" bourbon is provided, I'll help you sample/taste

OldPhiKap
03-24-2015, 02:16 PM
1. Cardiology care-check
2. Beer-check
3. Liquor-if the "proper" bourbon is provided, I'll help you sample/taste

Just remember -- "on call" comes right before "last call"

BD80
03-24-2015, 02:25 PM
Just remember -- "on call" comes right before "last call"

You really want an on-call-ogist?

Or did I miss the gist of this thread

captmojo
03-26-2015, 09:06 AM
I can't speak for the psychologists, but the cardiologists on the board would be too incapacitated by our craft beers and our own heart attacks to help you.

They are just 'excitable boys'. :)