PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Amber's coming back!

dudog84
03-17-2015, 08:54 PM
I know this was mentioned on another thread, but it's official now:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22760&SPID=1846&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209966288&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Nice video also. Lots of basketball left this year, but this is great news! Want to see what she can really do.

FerryFor50
03-17-2015, 08:58 PM
6 knee surgeries? I'd come back for both seasons and get two years for Fuqua free, too. She's likely going to need it. Unlikely she has much of a pro career.

Good for her.

uh_no
03-17-2015, 09:17 PM
6 knee surgeries? I'd come back for both seasons and get two years for Fuqua free, too. She's likely going to need it. Unlikely she has much of a pro career.

Good for her.

I share much the same sentiment. Unfortunately when you see athletes (unfortunately especially women) with multiple knee injuries, they never really get back to a top level, and are always an extremely high risk for once again reinjuring.

best of luck

OldPhiKap
03-17-2015, 09:23 PM
I know this was mentioned on another thread, but it's official now:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22760&SPID=1846&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209966288&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Nice video also. Lots of basketball left this year, but this is great news! Want to see what she can really do.

Happy to have her back. Best of luck on a great year!

Lid
03-18-2015, 10:18 AM
I'm so thrilled to see this! I'm impressed with her fortitude, and hope that this decision turns out to be exactly the right one for her academically, personally, and basketball-ly. She's going to be a great leader and mature voice on the team next year.

Stray Gator
03-18-2015, 11:10 AM
I'm so thrilled to see this! I'm impressed with her fortitude, and hope that this decision turns out to be exactly the right one for her academically, personally, and basketball-ly. She's going to be a great leader and mature voice on the team next year.

The Tampa Tribune Sports section today has a feature article on Amber:

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/ex-sickles-star-had-long-road-back-to-tampa-tourney-20150318/

CameronBornAndBred
03-18-2015, 11:20 AM
From comments made earlier, I had assumed this, but it is great to see it in official writing. I'm looking forward to the tournament, but I'm about drooling over the thoughts of next season. Both talent and experience will be on the court.

killerleft
03-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Super news, and now official!

The 'hidden' part of this story is the backing that Amber has received from Duke (and almost certainly McCallie) since the original surgery. Without citing examples, I know that it is a sad part of college athletics that at some places, athletes injured or taken sick don't fare well. It speaks well of Duke (even though it should be standard procedure at all schools, in my opinion) that Amber has been supported to continue both her career and education.

Sounds like Amber has the attitude and fortitude to make the most of any situation she finds herself in. Go Amber, and Go Duke! To Friday and beyond!