PDA

View Full Version : WBB: 2015 NCAA Tournament Discussion (Duke #4 Seed, Spokane Region)

blazindw
03-16-2015, 07:47 PM
Some tough teams in the bracket:

#1 - Maryland
#8 - Princeton (only undefeated team left)
#5 - Mississippi State
#2 - Tennessee

Duke will open up Friday at noon against 13 seed UAlbany in the friendly confines of Cameron.

blazindw
03-16-2015, 07:50 PM
Other number one seeds: UConn (Albany Region; #1 overall seed), Notre Dame (Oklahoma City Region) and South Carolina (Greensboro Region). UNC was placed in the Greensboro region as the #4 seed.

burnspbesq
03-16-2015, 07:54 PM
Completely fair, i think. We played a ton of games againt top teams, and while we didn't win many of them, we wnded up with a nice RPI and SOS.

I dont think there is much doubt that Maryland is the weakest of the four top seeds. Assuming we survive the first weekend, that's a game we can win.

DU82
03-16-2015, 07:59 PM
Just thought the scheduling was odd. Our games are the same days as the men's team. They could have scheduled a Sat/Mon set instead. (Unless Duke said they couldn't host on Saturday, which I doubt.)

If both advance to Sunday, there won't be many people in Cameron. (As it is, many, including me, will bolt out after the Albany game to head to Charlotte.)

blazindw
03-16-2015, 09:20 PM
Just thought the scheduling was odd. Our games are the same days as the men's team. They could have scheduled a Sat/Mon set instead. (Unless Duke said they couldn't host on Saturday, which I doubt.)

If both advance to Sunday, there won't be many people in Cameron. (As it is, many, including me, will bolt out after the Albany game to head to Charlotte.)

Yea, it was interesting that they gave us a Friday/Sunday (unless those pod dates are predetermined as they were on the men's side). Still, it's good that people can do a double dip in Cameron and Charlotte on Friday. If both advance to Sunday, it's a scheduling problem that I'll welcome, though I hope of course that both games wouldn't be at the same time.

DU82
03-16-2015, 09:31 PM
Yea, it was interesting that they gave us a Friday/Sunday (unless those pod dates are predetermined as they were on the men's side). Still, it's good that people can do a double dip in Cameron and Charlotte on Friday. If both advance to Sunday, it's a scheduling problem that I'll welcome, though I hope of course that both games wouldn't be at the same time.

The women's game in Cameron is at noon on Sunday as well. So the Charlotte pod (should we be playing) needs to be at 5 or later to make both. The men's games won't be decided until Saturday.

burnspbesq
03-16-2015, 10:10 PM
The women's game in Cameron is at noon on Sunday as well. So the Charlotte pod (should we be playing) needs to be at 5 or later to make both. The men's games won't be decided until Saturday.

DVR time on Sunday; men's lax vs. Cuse is at 12:30 Eastern. At least Liverpool - Man U will be over before the women tip off.

uh_no
03-16-2015, 10:18 PM

I believe the per-pod dates are set well in advance. that's a logistical thing. so the real issue was that the charlotte (m) and Durham (w) pods were scheduled on the same day. But i'm guessing the thought of "duke mens and womens teams could be playing on the same day" really was that large of a consideration.

blazindw
03-17-2015, 09:48 AM

They will now decide the times of the mens games almost immediately after the games conclude on Friday. Assuming CBS follows its normal protocol and put us in a prime Sunday afternoon/evening time slot, we should be okay and while there will be a lot of driving for folks, they would be able to attend both.

Still, a great problem to have! Let's get past Friday, first.

DU82
03-17-2015, 07:29 PM
They will now decide the times of the mens games almost immediately after the games conclude on Friday. Assuming CBS follows its normal protocol and put us in a prime Sunday afternoon/evening time slot, we should be okay and while there will be a lot of driving for folks, they would be able to attend both.

Well, technically I'm correct, since the last game won't end until a little after midnight! :o

Had to drive to Charlotte today, right past TimeWarner Arena. (Forgot to pick up my Friday tickets, though!) 320 mile round trip. X2 (we hope) this weekend.

It's about 2.5 hours from Cameron to Uptown Charlotte, so a noon women's game means the men can't start until about five.

burnspbesq
03-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Well, technically I'm correct, since the last game won't end until a little after midnight! :o

Had to drive to Charlotte today, right past TimeWarner Arena. (Forgot to pick up my Friday tickets, though!) 320 mile round trip. X2 (we hope) this weekend.

It's about 2.5 hours from Cameron to Uptown Charlotte, so a noon women's game means the men can't start until about five.

It would make a ton of sense for Duke to charter some buses.

awhom111
03-17-2015, 10:03 PM

Playing predict the TV schedule, I would be prepared to not be able to physically watch both games.

I would have the odds at something like 25% for noon on CBS, 50% for 2:30 on CBS, and 25% on any of the other six slots. Charlotte's potential Sunday matchups are way more attractive than anything else with the possibility of Michigan State-Virginia. Seattle is not an option with it being too early to play in this timezone. Omaha's best possible matchups would be Oregon-Wisconsin and Kansas-Wichita State/Indiana, so they are a possibility. Columbus could have West Virginia-Maryland and Oklahoma vs somebody so I think they are likely out of it.

2014 had Stanford-Kansas and Kentucky-Wichita State in the early Sunday slots for comparison. It is also possible that one of the other two locations are locked into Turner production and not available to CBS, although that information is not always public.

blazindw
03-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Playing predict the TV schedule, I would be prepared to not be able to physically watch both games.

I would have the odds at something like 25% for noon on CBS, 50% for 2:30 on CBS, and 25% on any of the other six slots. Charlotte's potential Sunday matchups are way more attractive than anything else with the possibility of Michigan State-Virginia. Seattle is not an option with it being too early to play in this timezone. Omaha's best possible matchups would be Oregon-Wisconsin and Kansas-Wichita State/Indiana, so they are a possibility. Columbus could have West Virginia-Maryland and Oklahoma vs somebody so I think they are likely out of it.

2014 had Stanford-Kansas and Kentucky-Wichita State in the early Sunday slots for comparison. It is also possible that one of the other two locations are locked into Turner production and not available to CBS, although that information is not always public.

I can't make it to NC this weekend, otherwise this back and forth trip is exactly the sort of thing I would do! As it stands, I'm hoping to be able to watch both on TV without having to flip between channels.

DukieInKansas
03-18-2015, 10:27 AM
I can't make it to NC this weekend, otherwise this back and forth trip is exactly the sort of thing I would do! As it stands, I'm hoping to be able to watch both on TV without having to flip between channels.

I will happily flip between channels as it means both teams are still playing. Let's Go, Duke!

brevity
03-20-2015, 11:44 PM
If ESPN's Sunday scoreboard is to be believed, the Duke women host Mississippi State at noon. No TV conflict with the Duke men's game, which is scheduled for 2:40pm.