PDA

View Full Version : Time To Honor Laettner

COCO
03-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Interesting article in today's New York Times about why Christian hasn't been nominated to the Hall of Fame. I can't believe that Duke hasn't nominated him. But maybe the members of the Duke Basketball Report should band together and do it. I love Christian Laettner.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/15/sports/ncaabasketball/love-or-hate-christian-laettner-but-it-is-time-to-honor-him.html?ref=sports&_r=0

Henderson
03-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Interesting article in today's New York Times about why Christian hasn't been nominated to the Hall of Fame. I can't believe that Duke hasn't nominated him. But maybe the members of the Duke Basketball Report should band together and do it. I love Christian Laettner.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/15/sports/ncaabasketball/love-or-hate-christian-laettner-but-it-is-time-to-honor-him.html?ref=sports&_r=0

Laettner was inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010. And there can be no doubt he deserves that. So what we're talking about here is the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, which spans more broadly (or narrowly, I guess, if the player wasn't a star in college).

DU82
03-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Laettner was inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010. And there can be no doubt he deserves that. So what we're talking about here is the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, which spans more broadly (or narrowly, I guess, if the player wasn't a star in college).

Technically, he's in as a member of the 1992 Olympic team. (I recognize that you're talking individually.)

Henderson
03-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Technically, he's in as a member of the 1992 Olympic team. (I recognize that you're talking individually.)

And worth mentioning. Thanks.

uh_no
03-15-2015, 05:11 PM
are there any other college superstars without mega pro careers that are in the hall?

dukelifer
03-15-2015, 08:00 PM
are there any other college superstars without mega pro careers that are in the hall?

Ralph Sampson? Not a mega career but certainly better than Laettner's. He was certainly more dominant than Christian as a college player but I think he is in because of his college play?

Newton_14
03-15-2015, 08:41 PM
This is so cool, I am going to put it in both Laettner threads. Watching ESPN Bracketology just now, and right before going to break Reece Davis was previewing the "I Hate Christian Laettner" 30 for 30 and Reece said something like 'Why people Hate Christian Laettner" and Bilas immediately responded with "I hate people that hate Christian Laettner". Awesome! Rock on Bilas! Defend a brother in arms!!

weezie
03-15-2015, 09:10 PM
Awww wish we had chat for this......

COCO
03-16-2015, 07:47 AM

Yes, individually. And, I think the Times article says that he is the only member of the Dream Team who isn't an individual member.