PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. NC State (Mar 12, 2015)

JBDuke
03-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's ACC quarterfinals win over NC State?

weezie
03-12-2015, 09:14 PM
As we used to say in the olden days, "What a blast! "

DukeDevil
03-12-2015, 09:15 PM
anytime marshal can occupy an entire pre-commercial highlight real with 5 different dunks...he gets MOTM

DukeHLM'13
03-12-2015, 09:23 PM
I think that Marshall can finally legitimately get my vote for MOTM! So, yeah, he's definitely getting it.

DDoc74
03-12-2015, 09:26 PM
anytime marshal can occupy an entire pre-commercial highlight real with 5 different dunks...he gets MOTM

I vote for Coplumgray Jojones with close second to Winslow, Okafor, jefferson

FerryFor50
03-12-2015, 09:34 PM
I voted Allen. He's coming along nicely.

MP3 jamfest was a close 2nd. It's like someone Voltron-ed all 3 Plumless together.

dukelifer
03-12-2015, 09:37 PM

Marshall was the man tonight. Even got a post game interview.

Newton_14
03-12-2015, 10:11 PM
I voted Plumlee for the ability to get 6 dunks, and draw kmey fouls on State's frontline with pumpfakes, without getting so excited that he fumbled the ball away or walked or whatever. He had his normal very highlevel energy but tonight he channeled it to use it for the good.

I could have just as easily voted for the human highlight reel Grayson Allen. I guess it is a wee bit late to alert everyone that this kid is a real player huh? He is going to be the next most hated Blue Devil for the next 3 years. He is aggressive as heck on both ends, chippy, and does not back down. Love it. He shoots the 3 well, can drive, has great hops, rebounds like crazy, blocks shots, kid is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. A star in the making.

Like I said in the post game thread though, game ball, Coach K. Our defense tonight was a thing of beauty. 2-2-1 full court press, 2-3, 3-2, 1-3-1 zone, and some sort of hybrid mix of man/zone at some points. State was uber confused and I just don't feel any coach on the other sideline would have had an answer for it. Often the looks were disguised so well it was near impossible to figure out what defense Duke was in, let alone how to attack it.

I do hope Cat Barber is ok. Amile did absolutely nothing wrong there, but the impact was significant to Barber. Very glad Amile set a legal pick then showed good sportsmanship by immediately turning and running up the floor, with no glare, or standover or any nonsense like that. I thought he actually had a look of concern on his face but hard to tell that for sure on TV.

Get well soon Cat. We wish you a speedy recovery for the NCAA's.

devildeac
03-12-2015, 10:29 PM
Not a single vote for Jah, Justise or Tyus. Amazing. ;)

NYBri
03-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Marshall.

Grayson will have many.

Bob Green
03-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Quinn Cook earned my vote with his leadership and defense.

NSDukeFan
03-13-2015, 06:54 AM

I am a bit surprised how much MP3 is running away with the vote, but I think he is a fan favorite that many want to vote for given any kind of reason, and shooting 100%, getting a career high in points, re establishing the Plumlee dunking company and playing more and better than his ACC POY and All-American teammate is probably reason enough. I thought so.

jv001
03-13-2015, 07:01 AM
I voted for Quinn because I thought he played very good defense and showed his usual leadership on the court. I could have easily have voted for most anyone wearing a Duke uni. MPIII played one of his better games as a Duke player. He rebounded, scored and played good defense. Grayson played very well and could have been MOTM. We had 6 players in double figurers and Tyus had 8 assists and only 1 turnover. Great game as well. But in the end I had to go with Captain Quinn. GoDuke!

wsb3
03-13-2015, 08:13 AM
Considering how well the entire team played and with six players scoring in double figures...I have to go with Marshall.. I jokingly sent a text to a friend at halftime that Marshall already had a career high. I guess I was not too far off. I believe his first basket in the second half made it his career high.

I did not see a rout like this coming but I will gladly take it. Easier on my nerves..

CameronBornAndBred
03-13-2015, 08:25 AM
Those guys are obviously beyond valuable, but my favorite lineup is quickly becoming Allen, Jones and Plumlee on the court in their place. Ever since those three retook the lead in Chapel Hill, I realized how amazing this team could be. Then K comments on that situation, talking about how the three starters are over there on the bench being their biggest cheerleaders. This is very much the truest TEAM that I have seen in Duke jerseys in a few years.

kAzE
03-13-2015, 09:09 AM
I voted Plumlee for the ability to get 6 dunks, and draw kmey fouls on State's frontline with pumpfakes, without getting so excited that he fumbled the ball away or walked or whatever. He had his normal very highlevel energy but tonight he channeled it to use it for the good.

Glad to see that he's turned his back on the forces of evil.

BrazyATX
03-13-2015, 09:19 AM
I could have just as easily voted for the human highlight reel Grayson Allen. I guess it is a wee bit late to alert everyone that this kid is a real player huh? He is going to be the next most hated Blue Devil for the next 3 years. He is aggressive as heck on both ends, chippy, and does not back down. Love it. He shoots the 3 well, can drive, has great hops, rebounds like crazy, blocks shots, kid is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. A star in the making.

Anyone else notice when his shot was blocked and it went to a timeout, the guy who blocked it was standing over him and Grayson gave him a little nudge heading to the bench? It looked like the NCSU player mouthed something back at him too.

jv001
03-13-2015, 09:24 AM

Anyone else notice when his shot was blocked and it went to a timeout, the guy who blocked it was standing over him and Grayson gave him a little nudge heading to the bench? It looked like the NCSU player mouthed something back at him too.

I didn't see the nudge but I did see the last play of the first half. It looked like the coaches ran a play for Grayson to take a 3 pointer from the corner. Grayson missed but it sure looked like he was fouled. I was looking for three free throws but the zebras didn't co-operate. GoDuke!

kshepinthehouse
03-13-2015, 09:35 AM

My thoughts were why is an NC STATE kid staring down someone after he blocks his shot while his team is down 25. I think Grayson got them back by swatting Barber and the ball bouncing off an NC STATE player, Duke ball!!

devildeac
03-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Those guys are obviously beyond valuable, but my favorite lineup is quickly becoming Allen, Jones and Plumlee on the court in their place. Ever since those three retook the lead in Chapel Hill, I realized how amazing this team could be. Then K comments on that situation, talking about how the three starters are over there on the bench being their biggest cheerleaders. This is very much the truest TEAM that I have seen in Duke jerseys in a few years.

There was even a comment that the assistant coaches wanted to get Jah, Tyus and Justise back in the cheaters game at the point you mentioned and K vetoed the idea and said (paraphrasing) those guys were winning so we'll leave them on the court.

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-13-2015, 10:11 AM

Yes, Allen and Martin (not sure which one) were going at it. Glad it didn't develop into anything beyond a little jawing and shoving.

elvis14
03-13-2015, 10:54 AM

My thoughts were why is an NC STATE kid staring down someone after he blocks his shot while his team is down 25. I think Grayson got them back by swatting Barber and the ball bouncing off an NC STATE player, Duke ball!!

I had the same thoughts about Martin staring down Allen. First of all Martin was a help defender on that play so it's not like he took on Allen 1 on 1 for the block. And I don't think staring down Allen when down 25 is very smart. I LOVED it when Allen got up and bumped Martin on the way to the bench. I rewinded it and watched it several times and pointed it out to my daughter. Allen is playing great right now and he's tough!

duke blue brewcrew
03-13-2015, 01:31 PM
You can call it a fan vote if you would like. I know there were better stat lines in the game. However, MP3 put up a career high, was perfect from the floor, while being disruptive on D and on the boards. The best part about it though, is the timing. If MP3 can capture that performance in a bottle and extend it through the end of the tournament season, I love Duke's chances. Maybe Grayson Allen is contageous? I hope so!

NSDukeFan
03-13-2015, 03:28 PM
. ...
I believe his first basket in the second half made it his career high.

Was that the one that he dunked emphatically? (;