PDA

View Full Version : New iPhone/Android Game Features Duke

SkyBrickey
03-11-2015, 10:47 PM
Duke will be promoting an interesting new iPhone/Android game for tomorrow night's NC State game via Twitter and Facebook. The game lets you compete against other fans during breaks in the action to predict game play like "How many points will Duke score in the half?", "Will Justise make both free throws?", and "Will Duke play any zone in the second half?".

The app was developed by a couple of Duke alums. It's a free app. It's designed for basketball, baseball, football, soccer, etc. (college or pro), but is debuting with Duke basketball for the ACC tourney - hopefully 3 games! There are some Duke Store gift cards as prizes for the tourney games.

You can find the app on the app stores as "InGame Mobile" or just link to get the app at ingamemobile.com. The first questions will show up just before tip-off.

Mods, since this is being promoted by the University, I hope this is OK to share with the forum. Look forward to everyone's feedback.

theschwartz
03-13-2015, 02:15 AM
Duke will be promoting an interesting new iPhone/Android game for tomorrow night's NC State game via Twitter and Facebook. The game lets you compete against other fans during breaks in the action to predict game play like "How many points will Duke score in the half?", "Will Justise make both free throws?", and "Will Duke play any zone in the second half?".

The app was developed by a couple of Duke alums. It's a free app. It's designed for basketball, baseball, football, soccer, etc. (college or pro), but is debuting with Duke basketball for the ACC tourney - hopefully 3 games! There are some Duke Store gift cards as prizes for the tourney games.

You can find the app on the app stores as "InGame Mobile" or just link to get the app at ingamemobile.com. The first questions will show up just before tip-off.

Mods, since this is being promoted by the University, I hope this is OK to share with the forum. Look forward to everyone's feedback.

I downloaded the app and played with it during the NC State game. It was pretty fun actually and a good way to stay engaged while watching a laugher. Look forward to trying it out during the next 2 games as well!

SkyBrickey
03-13-2015, 06:58 PM
I played last night. A mix of Duke trivia and guess the action - about 30 questions. It was fun. They're running it again for tonight's game with $200 in DU store cards as prizes. Check it out. Here's Duke's Facebook post promoting it:

https://www.facebook.com/DukeAthletics/photos/a.193791506193.130208.11129186193/10152757113991194/?type=1&theater

tas11244
03-13-2015, 08:10 PM
I downloaded the app and played yesterday as well. It was a fun way to pass time as the commercials aired, and I was actually the $100 winner which was a big plus. I'll be playing again tonight. The Schwartz also won some cash I saw.

Krzyzewskiville33
03-20-2015, 12:18 PM
Does anyone know whether or not the app will continue with tonight's Duke game? I missed out on trying the app during the ACC tournament and looking at the results it seems very interesting. Hoping to try it out tonight!

SkyBrickey
03-20-2015, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know whether or not the app will continue with tonight's Duke game? I missed out on trying the app during the ACC tournament and looking at the results it seems very interesting. Hoping to try it out tonight!

Duke tweeted that they are running it again tonight: https://twitter.com/Duke_ATHLETICS/media You get the app at www.ingamemobile.com

I got an email that said they are also adding more prizes tonight. It's fun - a DBR guy won the $100 gift card in the ND game.